Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Testify

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Spencer is upset with Olivia, which leaves him to face some difficult truths of his own. Olivia makes things even worse, leaving Billy, Laura and Jordan worried. Billy is in search of a kicker and holds school tryouts and is surprised at who the number one candidate turns out to be. Meanwhile, Montes gives Asher a tough choice about his football career and Coop makes a decision about school after talking with her mom.

Airdate: 04/12/2021

Wait a minute.  Your teenage daughter went to rehab and you weren’t ALREADY going to meetings?  Better late than never, I guess.

If Droopy Dawg were to get into a D-1 school and he were able to make it into the NFL, he would be the teeniest tiniest DB ever.  Richard Sherman must have looked up from wherever he is and wondered why this crazy lady had her name in his mouth.

• LOL 2

That is weird that they didn't go to meetings before.  I guess it goes along with the theme of them being busy and ignoring Olivia though.  I thought the sponsor, Leslie, was going to turn out to have died instead of being in jail.  When Olivia was at Spencer's house trying to get him to go to the house with her, I thought he should have asked if she had been drinking again (which she had) and told her to call for a ride or had her family come pick her up.  But of course the plot didn't call for her to get in an accident this time (so she was okay) and they had to have the big moment of her showing up at the Baker house.

I'm glad Coop realized there is a compromise between full-time school and dropping out completely, though who knows if the writers will let her pass the test for the GED.

Beverly must have a large, stacked roster if the coach can move Asher (allegedly in show world a great receiver) away from offense completely.  Maybe J.J. is actually better than him, though Coach Montes would probably just say so.  I did like when she dismissed Asher's dad.  The second that Billy mentioned his team needing a kicker in that other episode I knew they would find a girl to do it.  I thought that the mom, Denise, had been in some other episode throwing herself at Billy, but I'm not sure.

I'm happy there looks to be some football soon, as Spencer otherwise would be lacking things to do now that he's distancing himself from Olivia and Coop and Layla doesn't talk to him either.

• Love 1

I think Denise was at the community picnic slobbering all over Billy.

It was a little odd, though, having a student at kicker tryout heckling the kickers.

The guy playing Asher’s dad whose real name escapes me looks very very thin.  Hope he’s ok for real.

It looks like Denise has been in 3 episodes, with the high school reunion being the other one.  I thought the actress looked sort of familiar, and it turns out that's Alexis Fields, but I didn't recognize her right away because I mostly saw her in stuff when she was a kid.

Asher's dad is Casper Van Dien, who I always think of from a recurring role on Beverly Hills, 90210 and being the lead in the short-lived 2000 primetime soap Titans.  It's funny to me that Asher's mom (Dina Meyer) was also recurring on 90210,  They weren't on at the same time, but they were both in the movie Starship Troopers, so maybe they had some scenes together there.

On 4/14/2021 at 1:39 AM, KWalkerInc said:

That is weird that they didn't go to meetings before.  I guess it goes along with the theme of them being busy and ignoring Olivia though.  I thought the sponsor, Leslie, was going to turn out to have died instead of being in jail.  When Olivia was at Spencer's house trying to get him to go to the house with her, I thought he should have asked if she had been drinking again (which she had) and told her to call for a ride or had her family come pick her up.  But of course the plot didn't call for her to get in an accident this time (so she was okay) and they had to have the big moment of her showing up at the Baker house.

I'm glad Coop realized there is a compromise between full-time school and dropping out completely, though who knows if the writers will let her pass the test for the GED.

Beverly must have a large, stacked roster if the coach can move Asher (allegedly in show world a great receiver) away from offense completely.  Maybe J.J. is actually better than him, though Coach Montes would probably just say so.  I did like when she dismissed Asher's dad.  The second that Billy mentioned his team needing a kicker in that other episode I knew they would find a girl to do it.  I thought that the mom, Denise, had been in some other episode throwing herself at Billy, but I'm not sure.

I'm happy there looks to be some football soon, as Spencer otherwise would be lacking things to do now that he's distancing himself from Olivia and Coop and Layla doesn't talk to him either.

Good episode this week, but everyone was a sad sack. Olivia, most of all. I also thought her sponsor was dead. I’m glad she was “only” in prison and that she had a chance to talk to Olivia about the seriousness of relapsing. 

And Spencer—everyone except his mom yelled at him this week. He didn’t deserve that. I’ll be glad to see some football next week. Although the previews  suggested that 

Spoiler

Jordan gets injured. 

Poor Olivia and Asher. They’re both having a rough year  

Funny, both of my sons’ football teams had female kickers their senior year (they went to different high schools). In soccer, kids are actually taught how to kick. But most high school football teams don’t have a designated kicking/punting coach. 

• Love 1

i am so glad that the bakers were on board with olivia doing outpatient rehab - that was the high point of the episode for me. i cried with her when she was breaking down about being sent away again. when i was getting clean, the outpatient treatment i received, and the people i formed relationships with there, were a huge support to me. it was great to be able to go home every night and use what i learned to adjust to my new way of living. (4 years clean in july, baby!)

i’m waiting for someone to spill the beans about jordan and simone’s marriage, along with the fallout and annulment. i like them but come on, that’s such a hokey ass storyline! 

i hope when olivia’s head is cleared, she sees that what spencer did was an act of pure love. i’m rooting for them as a couple, as long as olivia owns up to, and apologizes, for what she did. i think they have the truest feelings for each other out of any couple on this show!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Nuccganggang said:

i hope when olivia’s head is cleared, she sees that what spencer did was an act of pure love. i’m rooting for them as a couple, as long as olivia owns up to, and apologizes, for what she did. i think they have the truest feelings for each other out of any couple on this show!

I'm sure she does see it that way now.  It will be interesting to see how their relationship evolves as she gets clean