Type keyword(s) to search

iMedia

Kromm

And yet, according to one source, the CW has not ordered the back 9...

I've also heard that they have a 19 episode order, and the CW is waiting on the final 3 episodes.  That will make it very hard to do a wrap-up if they don't get the extension...

16 Great Unsung TV Shows of the Past Few Years That Everybody Should Watch

2) iZombie

A young woman becomes a zombie—and every time she eats someone’s brain she gains their personality attributes, memories and abilities. And she uses this ability to solve crimes. It’s a zombie police procedural! This show, based on a Vertigo comic, comes from the creator of Veronica Mars, and it’s just as good as it sounds.

I liked her this season, so I'm OK with this news. Don't really care about her romances though, hopefully there will be more of her with Liv and her in her professional capacity.

11 hours ago, Minneapple said:

Hopefully her story next year is more than just "which boy should I choose."

Same here. I know it'll probably be her major arc (possibly Ravi's as well), but I'm hoping she gets more to do other than that.

That's funny, I was talking to my sister about that other day. I was wondering when Jason Dohring was going to be on since everyone else from Veronica Mars has showed up.  Then we get the news that he is. 

Well, can you guys wait until April? Because we're going to be waiting until April.

http://tvline.com/2016/11/16/the-100-season-4-premiere-date/

Last but not least, iZombie won’t sink its teeth into Season 3 until Tuesday, April 4 (returning with back-to-back episodes before settling into its usual 9 o’clock slot).

It's not the greatest sign, but on a positive note, the CW's two new shows, Frequency and No Tomorrow, have not received their back orders.

• Love 2

I don't know if this is really the best place to talk about this, but am I the only one who thinks the Santa Clarita Diet is a rip off of iZombie? I haven't watched the show itself, but the promos show it to be about a family whose wife/mother is a zombie and how her suburban family copes with keeping her fed. Cue the banter and the graverobbing escapades and...?

I have seen other zombie shows but none that took this particular approach before. I suppose it's possible that iZombie isn't the first, but the promo for SCD seemed SO derivative, it really gave me pause.

2 hours ago, possibilities said:

I don't know if this is really the best place to talk about this, but am I the only one who thinks the Santa Clarita Diet is a rip off of iZombie? I haven't watched the show itself, but the promos show it to be about a family whose wife/mother is a zombie and how her suburban family copes with keeping her fed. Cue the banter and the graverobbing escapades and...?

I have seen other zombie shows but none that took this particular approach before. I suppose it's possible that iZombie isn't the first, but the promo for SCD seemed SO derivative, it really gave me pause.

It seems to be a mixture of iZombie and Dexter in a comedic format.

I'm annoyed that they are claiming it's a unique premise. I watched an interview this week where they described it as a whole new take on zombies.

I realize that there are a zillion shows reusing formats and premises from other shows, but they really shouldn't be claiming to be unique and they really shouldn't be claiming they're the first to do this.

Even though both shows are zombie based, I don't think Santa Clarita Diet is a rip off. Yes, both shows have a female who became a zombie (we don't even know how in Santa Clarita Diet), but that's it for similarities. There isn't even any mention of brains on SCD, she eats the whole person. She sells real estate with her husband & has a teenage kid, so that's nothing like Liv, & she isn't pale or white haired either. I don't think SCD is a rip off of iZombie anymore thaan I think it's a rip off of The Walking Dead, it's like saying that Scrubs was a rip off of ER because they both had doctors.