Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: I Expected a Little Better

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

And it wouldn’t be a Virginia episode without the drink of the week, margaritas? 

I find it interesting that on that “unmatchable” show the matchmakers said one of the most important qualities for a person to be matchable was maturity and not wanting or having to party all the time. Did they not realize this with Ginny??? She’s a drinking party girl. I don’t want to knock her life because it’s her life to live but she’s most definitely. NOT ready to be a wife with her lifestyle and habits. What were they thinking???

• Love 24

Haley reminds me of a nasty teacher when she speaks to Jake.  He bought her an infinity bracelet, and she thought nothing of getting it in the last seven weeks and got nasty when he mentioned it.  Then she just walks out of the room and dismisses him like he’s nothing.  I don’t think anyone can get along with her, not just Jake.  Excluding the girlfriends who probably idolize her for some reason.  Her face is full of disgust when with him.  Just call it a day and stop the pretending.

• Like 1
  • Love 23

Dont waste your time Dr. Pepper. Look at the body language here, they are sitting as far away from each other as they can get, not talking. Nit picky comments about how Jake wears. The bracelet convo again. 
No hate towards Haley, she just doesn’t like him, no chemistry at all. Jake knows it too. Pack it in kids. 

• Love 12

Of course the bracelet now is merely---but profoundly---symbolic. It's not about the dollar cost. 

1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

Jake is lying his ass off about paying $800 for a gift to a stranger.   However, Haley should apologize, and have the goddam bracelet sent back to him. 

What makes you think Jake is lying? Gold is pricey.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

FFS his shoes again? She's so damn superficial.

She probably sold the bracelet.

If a guy goes to the trouble of picking out a gift, you better well appreciate it.  After that altercation, she gets that look on her face that he’s not even worth talking to and walks out in a huff.  She is a tough nut to crack, and mean.  Jake was just speaking his mind in a nice way that it hurt him, but of course she doesn’t want to hear the truth and walks out like a spoiled brat that she is.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

If a guy goes to the trouble of picking out a gift, you better well appreciate it.  After that altercation, she gets that look on her face that he’s not even worth talking to and walks out in a huff.  She is a tough nut to crack, and mean.  Jake was just speaking his mind in a nice way that it hurt him, but of course she doesn’t want to hear the truth and walks out like a spoiled brat that she is.

YES!!!

3 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

If I were her, I’d die of embarrassment to take him to any work function.

Her uppity, condescending attitude is immature & embarrassing for someone to be with or around.

• Like 1
  • Love 15
Just now, MyTwoCents said:

Does Jake want her to have the bracelet around so he can grab it on his way out?

You know what?  That sounds exactly like something he'd do, just to shove it in her face one. last. time.  He's probably done that with other women too--retaliated because he was butt hurt when they spurned him.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

You know what?  That sounds exactly like something he'd do, just to shove it in her face one. last. time.  He's probably done that with other women too--retaliated because he was butt hurt when they spurned him.

And her fiancé dumped her and had a baby with someone else.  Now, she’s untrusting and making other men miserable.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

Amen!! Everything you said! I, too, would be miserable with him.

Also, Jake is 38? He should know better than to dress like that for a company function at a golf course. I’m surprised they let him on the course with a collarless shirt and cutoff blue jean shorts! 
Haley is younger and way more professional! If I were her, I’d die of embarrassment to take him to any work function.

Exactly!! I don’t really have any feelings towards Haley either way but I DO think people seem to find her to be the villain when it’s obvious these two personalities are just SOOOOOOOO not compatible. 

Also, I would be weirded out by the short-shorts too. I mean, if we were at home or at some sort of costume party that’s fine but to wear Daisy dukes to a work event?? Huh??? Nope. Not cool. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

And her fiancé dumped her and had a baby with someone else.  Now, she’s untrusting and making other men miserable.

Nope, just this man.  And deservedly so IMO.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

Virginia is such an idiot! Yeah, the military is just like Boy Scouts 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 That has to be the stupidest thing she’s ever said, and that’s saying a lot!!

What an ignorant and insulting thing to say. Those are not badges for learning how to tie a knot!  Erik shows way more interest in her high school sports than she did about his flying combat missions.  I loved that she said "I had to learn to be an adult very quickly" when she is the most immature woman on the show!  The first segment she cries because Erik isn't calling her family.  In the second segment she talks about how dysfunctional her family was and that she didn't speak to her dad for a long time. Even her friend thinks she's an idiot. I think her sober, pretty, put together friend should steal him.

Haley. Haley. Haley. He's right. She hurt him. He finally opens up and she gets defensive. Wow. That was hard to watch but major points to Jake. Shame on you, Haley. 

• Like 1
  • Love 21

Yes, Haley, it's completely unreasonable for Jake to be upset that you have never worn the bracelet he bought for you, but it's completely reasonable, and not at all superficial, for you to be obsessed with why he wears dress shoes with jeans.  (At least that's probably what Haley's Mom told her.)

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17

But we've seen Jake and Haley out and about, including playing mini-golf, and no weird cut-off jeans shorts were to be seen. 

Great; next week we're treated to seeing Vinny get upset and walk away because he's insecure about riding a horse.  Who wants someone who can't laugh at himself? The champagne, Salsa dancing, now horse-back riding. Brianna should divorce him. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Dont waste your time Dr. Pepper. Look at the body language here, they are sitting as far away from each other as they can get, not talking. Nit picky comments about how Jake wears. The bracelet convo again. 
No hate towards Haley, she just doesn’t like him, no chemistry at all. Jake knows it too. Pack it in kids. 

I agree.  WOW Haley.  If looks could kill.  Her blood pressure must have been over 200 when Pepper gave her wrong.  I thought they would have to call 911.   Nobody puts Baby in the corner.

9 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11

Does Eric always have to speak for Virginia, she has no voice around him and when she does he puts her down with his opinion. He's so judgemental.

Edited by endure
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I thought DC was bad but this season is awful.  None of these couples make me smile.  I like Briana and Vincent, but her baby voice and his sulking make me sad.

Virginia always looks like she stepped out of a swamp. 

What about constantly touching her hair and face.  She’s a wreck.  Erik makes her worse.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, endure said:

Haley is despicable and will never have a good relationship, she can't get past her ego, ever.  She should never be a mother either.

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.  That Mother sounded like she spoiled the shit out of Haley.  Now she’ll probably throw the bracelet in Jakes face and make a big production out of it.  I’m afraid for him, lol.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 17
53 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

But we've seen Jake and Haley out and about, including playing mini-golf, and no weird cut-off jeans shorts were to be seen. 

Great; next week we're treated to seeing Vinny get upset and walk away because he's insecure about riding a horse.  Who wants someone who can't laugh at himself? The champagne, Salsa dancing, now horse-back riding. Brianna should divorce him. 

He’s like a little girl.  Very thin skinned.  That’s what you get when you match a car salesman and an Engineer.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.  That Mother sounded like she spoiled the shit out of Haley.  Now she’ll probably throw the bracelet in Jakes face and make a big production out of it.

She'll punish him for sure. In Haley's world, no one is allowed to have feelings except for her (IF she has any).

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 9

Haley has the nerve to make fun of Jake's clothing while she dresses like an early 2000's Kate Gosselin going out to an Applebee's girls night out- flared capri pants, flammable polyester tops and hair crimped within an inch of its life.  And that Hamburglar hat!

• LOL 20
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

I find it interesting that on that “unmatchable” show the matchmakers said one of the most important qualities for a person to be matchable was maturity and not wanting or having to party all the time. Did they not realize this with Ginny??? She’s a drinking party girl. I don’t want to knock her life because it’s her life to live but she’s most definitely. NOT ready to be a wife with her lifestyle and habits. What were they thinking???

Then maybe she wasn't completely honest with them. I have a feeling she did not tell them she liked to party so much.

If someone like Chris could  slide through the process, then there are many liars that apply for their 15 minutes.

Chris is an uneducated, unattractive douchebag. He is NOT good looking. He does NOT speak well. He is aggressive and has a lousy attitude, BUT he must be able to hide most of it in interviews. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

Relieved there was no Chris and Paige tonight 🙂

BTW Clare when a house trained dog has an accident it is usually your fault or there's something wrong like a bladder infection. 

Edited by endure
Changed potty trained to house trained 😂
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

Someone explain why this episode was even necessary? Just Pepper coming around discussing the same damn things they discussed last episode! They should have called it Unanswered Questions Part II! I think if you took out the retread of last week you might get 30 minutes of new footage. 20 of which was Jake & Haley arguing about the bracelet. Sweet Jesus, stick a fork in it. These two are done. Jake might be odd, but she is just straight up unlikeable to me. They need to multiply the distance between them on that couch by several miles and leave it at that. No real villain here, just two people who don’t belong together.

I have no idea what the hell is going on with Clara and Ryan, and at this point I don’t care. They both talk a good game but they seem super awkward in reality. Stay together, don’t stay together; have sex, don’t have sex; say I love you, don’t say I love you. I don’t care. It’s the same thing every week with these two. And Clara is full of it - both she AND Ryan sugarcoat the hell out their relationship when on Unfiltered and when talking to the experts. 10 out 10 my ass.....

Speaking of Unfiltered, that was some bullshit from Pastor Cal that Erik shouldn’t say that he’s done if VA doesn’t want kids. That is the very definition of a dealbreaker and it is Cal’s fault for putting them together in the first place if that’s how they feel. Erik shouldn’t say “I’m done” about a lot of things, but this isn’t one of them. He has just as much right to say he wants kids as she does to not want them.  Virginia is still crying about her parents divorce A DECADE after it happened. Yes, Pepper, marriage can be healing, but Erik isn’t her therapist, and this girl is in desperate need of one. She seems verrry damaged. He cannot fix her, nor is it his responsibility to do so.

This season is dreadful. DC was horrible, but this one is giving it a run for its money. But hey, at least we didn’t have to see Paige or Chris this episode!

• Love 18

Haley was pissed that Dr Pepper sided with Jake. I don't think it really matters at this point it would be like thinking rearranging the chairs on the Titanic is going to stop it from sinking.

Hang in there Jake you'll find lots of better woman.

• Love 14

All the complaining of Chris being on the show and them taking up too much camera time. 

What else was there to this show? This season anyway.

A bunch of boring ass couples with the same problems.  No resolutions. 

It could be fun or interesting in parts but woo boy.

Reality shows need shorter seasons. Most of them cannot sustain these long seasons.

• Love 7

This writing a letter to your younger self experiment was a waste of the couples' time.  Clara wrote a long detailed emotional essay to herself, Ryan wrote a few sentences. But, at least he told his younger self he loved him! He can say it to at least one person....

I forgot what Haley and Jake wrote to themselves, because suddenly the conversation became all about a bracelet from the wedding day. On top of all their other issues, Jake has been waiting to see her wear or at least have the bracelet. And she's been wondering why he won't wear tennis shoes. At this point, I will just be glad for Decision Day so these two can go their separate ways.

Actually, I'll just be glad for Decision Day just so we can get this season over with. I hope Brianna and Vincent stay together, but as for the rest of them, it's a toss up.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

All the complaining of Chris being on the show and them taking up too much camera time. 

What else was there to this show? This season anyway.

A bunch of boring ass couples with the same problems.  No resolutions. 

It could be fun or interesting in parts but woo boy.

Reality shows need shorter seasons. Most of them cannot sustain these long seasons.

In no way did Chris make this show more enjoyable or more interesting. He's a slime ball. I don't like slime balls.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

Amen!! Everything you said! I, too, would be miserable with him.

Also, Jake is 38? He should know better than to dress like that for a company function at a golf course. I’m surprised they let him on the course with a collarless shirt and cutoff blue jean shorts! 
Haley is younger and way more professional! If I were her, I’d die of embarrassment to take him to any work function.

Absolutely agree.  And he doesn't like her any more than she likes him.

8 hours ago, Devvie said:

What an ignorant and insulting thing to say. Those are not badges for learning how to tie a knot!  Erik shows way more interest in her high school sports than she did about his flying combat missions.  I loved that she said "I had to learn to be an adult very quickly" when she is the most immature woman on the show!  The first segment she cries because Erik isn't calling her family.  In the second segment she talks about how dysfunctional her family was and that she didn't speak to her dad for a long time. Even her friend thinks she's an idiot. I think her sober, pretty, put together friend should steal him.

Haley. Haley. Haley. He's right. She hurt him. He finally opens up and she gets defensive. Wow. That was hard to watch but major points to Jake. Shame on you, Haley. 

I don't agree. I don't like Jake and I think she's kind of repulsed by him.  I find him repulsive myself.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Oh, he's determined to show America just who Haley really is and has been: Uninvested from the git-go. Scornful. Insulting (a wedding gift of a $20 HAT?!). Indifferent. And above all, FAKE.

I don't agree. I find Hailey is repulsed by him. I think I'd be repulsed by him.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm glad Pepper pointed out that Jake has feelings, & that Haley lacks empathy. Yeah they never belonged together, but this has been a damaging experience for Jake in particular. She shut down & doesn't care at all about his feelings. He's still a human being.

I think it all stems from the fact that she isn't attracted to him & doesn't like him. And I think she's upset that she slept with him on their honeymoon. She did it because she felt she should ...that's what she said. And she has regretted it, and it shows.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13