Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: You Dropped a Bomb on Me

• Start Topic

Rainbow's best friend, Tamika, asks her to plan her 14th birthday party, so Bow goes out of her way to make sure it's the coolest birthday party ever. Meanwhile, Paul and Alicia battle it out for who is the "coolest," and Harrison takes Santi and Johan on a trip to Mexico for some quality time.

Original air date: 4/20/21

I loved that Bow planned the perfect 80s birthday party for a tween girl - pizza! I thought it was sweet that they all ended up liking Alicia's marble game too.

Paul and Alicia thinking that they were cool was ridiculous. I loved Dee bluntly telling both of them that they were NOT cool at all. Sorry, Paul, but bracelets and magic don't make you cool.

I was cracking up when Bow compared her friend group to the Golden Girls so the closing scene was perfect.

• Love 5

I am not sure why they spent so much time and money on somebody else's kid, so much so that they neglected their other two kids. They had no idea where they were or what they were doing and definitely wouldn't have approved of their actions.

• Love 2

Ok, Alicia can't dance.  She was pretty terrible.

Given the sepia tone of that picture, Paul could kinda pass as a very lightskinned black guy in that fro.  LOL

Harrison is such a terrible parent.  But his scenes with Santi and Johan was funny.

The birthday party looked fun.  What a nice thing to do for someone else's kid.

JPG falling up the stairs did not look scripted but they kept it in.

Cute ep and nice to see Bow with her girlfriends.

• Love 5

I love that all the girls loved the party! Even the magic and marbles! It would've been so easy (and predictable) for Bow's friends to think it was boring and uncool, so that was a nice surprise for me.

• Love 6

I am really glad that the girls liked the party, marbles and magic and everything. I was sure they were all find it really lame, but I was pleasantly surprised that they all had a lot of fun. Hard to go wrong with a pizza party at any age!

"So not all black people are good dancers?" Paul and Alicia's dorky dancing was honestly adorable, who needs to be cool when you have that many bracelets? 

Fun episode, all the plots were really cute and we had a lot of great interactions between the cast and Bow's gal pals. 

• Love 4
On 4/21/2021 at 12:27 PM, DearEvette said:

JPG falling up the stairs did not look scripted but they kept it in.

I was thinking the same thing.  It felt like a genuine moment, rather than something scripted.

As a side note, Eddie Murphy: Raw came out in 1987. 

On 4/21/2021 at 12:27 PM, DearEvette said:

The birthday party looked fun.  What a nice thing to do for someone else's kid.

I did wonder why they were throwing the entire party for her. 

Cards with no money in them. That's just paper! 🤨

Oof, Paul looked like Wolverine to me in his down-ass White boy fro. AFAIC only Wolverine can make that look work, lol.

There's nothing cooler than seeking the approval of others. Oh Paul, who hurt you?

Santi can discuss the finer points of Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor's profanity-laden humor with White Grandad. Of course she can.

"Black holes of uncool."  Oh boy, Denise bringing the cold, hard savage. 🥶

Did Alicia and Paul know Harrison just took off for two days with Santi and Johan? Including taking them out of the country? Oy.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
tick tock
  • Love 1