Type keyword(s) to search

Welcome to the Media Thread

• Start Topic

Season 2 teaser, and some casting and plot info for episode 2.03:

[Press release]:

Spoiler

· Teri Hatcher and James Denton are set to reunite (Desperate Housewives) as they guest star on FOX's Fantasy Island Episode 203. Andy Richter to also guest star.

<...>

· In Episode 203, empty nesters Dolly (Hatcher) and Dutch (Denton) seek clarity on how to spend their next chapter. Meanwhile, Helene (recurring Alexa Mansour) helps Ruby (Barnes) tap into her newfound youth. Javier (Rodriquez) opens up to Roarke (Sánchez) as he wrestles with his new role.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

No!

I don't follow Fox news/scheduling except for the 2 shows I watch, but apparently Fox needed Fall programming more than it needed Summer programming, and now the show will be airing in a few months instead of a few weeks.  :(

'Fantasy Island Delayed: Season 2 Bumped From Summer to Fall at Fox'

No premiere date, or Fall schedule yet.

Crap -- I was looking forward to some fluffy TV.

I'm glad you pointed that out because I didn't catch from the Fox press release (or see the above article until now) that this season was the one being bumped to Fall; I thought it was for a renewed 3rd season, which hasn't happened yet I guess

3 hours ago, Trini said:

The wait for Season 2 will be even longer; the show is NOT on Fox's Fall schedule, it will probably air mid-season.

They pulled it from Summer at the last minute and made us think it might be shown in the Fall. Psych! What a dumb move. I doubt it will do much better mid season than it would have in the Summer and now it’s a much longer wait for the new season

• Like 1
20 hours ago, DanaK said:

They pulled it from Summer at the last minute and made us think it might be shown in the Fall. Psych! What a dumb move. I doubt it will do much better mid season than it would have in the Summer and now it’s a much longer wait for the new season

And who doesn’t want to watch a program on luscious beaches in the summer? This was popular, why are they jerking around with it?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If anyone still reads TV Guide magazine - there was an article about the show in a recent issue that went to press before Fox pulled it from the summer schedule:

https://www.tvinsider.com/1045549/ask-matt-this-is-us-spinoff-randall-president-ozark-fantasy-island-star-trek/

Question: What happened to Fantasy Island? TV Guide Magazine seems to think it returned on May 31. The current issue of the magazine even has an article on the June 7 episode, which is not scheduled to air, at least in my area. When will it actually return? — Joanne H, NY

Matt Roush: After that issue went to press, Fox announced (without giving air dates or even a night-by-night schedule) that several of its previously scheduled summer shows, Fantasy Island and Lego Masters, had been pulled to become part of the regular lineup within the traditional season. (This has also happened at The CW with Coroner.) As of just this week, we now know that Fantasy Island is behind held till midseason, so we can’t tell you exactly when the show will return, but it’s clear the network now sees it as a valuable enough property not to be burned off during the summer.

• Useful 1

Finally! A premiere date! January 2; and info on cast and guest stars:

This winter, FOX beats the cold with a vacation to Fantasy Island, which returns for its second season on Monday, Jan. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). A modern drama series, Fantasy Island takes place at a luxury resort, where literally any fantasy requested by guests is fulfilled, although they rarely turn out as expected. ...

Guest stars in Season Two include Teri Hatcher and James Denton in a Desperate Housewives reunion, which also features Andy Richter (Conan); Rachael Harris (Lucifer) and Cheryl Hines (I Can See Your Voice); Frankie J. Alvarez (Looking), Jai Rodriguez (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Uncoupled) and Izzy Diaz (Broke); singer/actress Marie Osmond, Kyla Pratt (Call Me Kat), Lynn Whitfield (Greenleaf) and Jason Priestley (BH 90210); and Alexa Mansour (The Walking Dead: World Beyond), who will recur beginning in episode two as "Helene," a young woman who visits the Island in the wake of her mother's passing in search of her biological father.

• Like 1

For whatever reason, Fox decided to bump this week's new episode for a rerun of it's newest reality dating show.

So I assume "Gwenivere of Glendale" will air next week?

• Useful 1
On 3/12/2023 at 10:26 AM, Trini said:

For whatever reason, Fox decided to bump this week's new episode for a rerun of it's newest reality dating show.

So I assume "Gwenivere of Glendale" will air next week?

I saw a release date of April 10, 2023, we will see if that is correct.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I saw a release date of April 10, 2023, we will see if that is correct.

Why does Fox hate this show? They delayed the premiere twice and now we can't get the episodes in order.

• Like 2

Hmm -- the next episode isn't scheduled for next week either.

Anyone know how many episodes in Season 2? Season 1 only had 10, including the Christmas 2-parter. I would think that this season we'd at least get 12, but if it's only 10, then they should just air the next two and get it over with. Why mess with the scheduling??

• Like 1

😞 UGH - Why are they taking it off the air for a month??

Normally I'd say that this doesn't bode well for a third season; but maybe Fox will keep it around for "schedule spackle".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

https://deadline.com/2023/03/fox-canceled-renewed-9-1-1-lone-star-the-resident-animal-control-call-me-kat-welcome-to-flatch-1235307795/

“As for Fantasy Island, the reboot of the 1977-84 series, also from Sony TV, is done under a different, lower-cost production model, which also lowers its threshold for success. I hear the show starring Rosalyn Sanchez, which is now airing its second season, could continue, possibly returning to summer.”

• Useful 1

This worries me the moving around of episodes and big gaps between episodes. It makes it hard for an audience to find traction in a show. It’s just feeling like a bad sign to me. I hope not because I really enjoy the show. In another post I had complained about that episode that took such a scary turn when they were trapped in the house and trapped in the mirrors. but I was looking something up online about the original show and the genre that it’s described is drama/horror! I guess my nostalgia for watching that show in the late 70s and early 80s kind of clouded that aspect of the original show. 

• Like 4
On 3/31/2023 at 8:45 PM, seasons said:

This worries me the moving around of episodes and big gaps between episodes. It makes it hard for an audience to find traction in a show. It’s just feeling like a bad sign to me. I hope not because I really enjoy the show. In another post I had complained about that episode that took such a scary turn when they were trapped in the house and trapped in the mirrors. but I was looking something up online about the original show and the genre that it’s described is drama/horror! I guess my nostalgia for watching that show in the late 70s and early 80s kind of clouded that aspect of the original show. 

Oh the original was definitely more scary. There was usually at least one storyline that was dark and taught the guest a lesson

Season finale May 8 http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2023/04/05/this-summer-fox-brings-the-heat-with-food-stars-music-battles-and-masterchefs-570011/20230405fox01/

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DanaK said:

Oh the original was definitely more scary. There was usually at least one storyline that was dark and taught the guest a lesson

Season finale May 8 http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2023/04/05/this-summer-fox-brings-the-heat-with-food-stars-music-battles-and-masterchefs-570011/20230405fox01/

Oh good, thanks for the season finale date. Will definitely watch.

but I’m afraid a season 3 is not looking good, the way they keep shifting it around and skipping weeks at a time. 😡

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Really too bad, I liked it. It just couldn’t compete outside of Summer

Fantasy Island was screwed by Fox. The show was supposed to be on last summer then the fall and finally in the spring. Fox also gave Farmer wants a Wife more publicity.

• Like 3

I was surprised and happy when season two finally came around, and disappointed when that was the end.

I really enjoyed the vibe of the show and the characters and actors and looked forward to the guest actors. Not every episode and every storyline was fabulous , but I still always enjoyed watching.

It would’ve been nice if a cable channel had picked up the show after that, but I guess the show is just too expensive to produce because of the location or something. 

wonder if anyone will try and do a reboot of the love boat, but not that half hearted crappy something or other that was attempted a few years ago. I think by fox?

• Applause 1