Type keyword(s) to search

Holey Heck, It’s the Media Thread

DanaK
  • Start Topic

I love this show, especially when Joe and Rob are bantering back and forth.    The season wrap up where they showed how awful the cold and wind was for the production crew, and the two hosts was interesting.      Poor Joe never had a chance at getting a parka, Rob's military time taught him how to jump to the head of the line and ask for a coat, instead of toughing it out and freezing the way Joe did.    I think one of the funniest parts of the behind the scenes show was when they showed that they halted production to build an enclosure for Joe and Rob, and then Joe had to ask to turn his heater off, because he was roasting.   Joe really didn't want to make a fuss, so he must have really been suffering. 

I can't wait for this season to start. 

• Love 1
On 5/21/2021 at 7:48 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I just saw an ad, Holey Moley Season 3 is back, on 17 June, Thursdays  Holey Moley 3 D in 2 D, with 12 new holes. 

Let’s hope Diving Range is not one held over from the previous season. 

• Love 5
On 6/1/2021 at 8:38 AM, TimothyQ said:

Let’s hope Diving Range is not one held over from the previous season. 

Heh.  I'm pretty sure that they realized it was probably funny for the contestants each time, but it got real old, real quick for the TV audience.

• Love 1

I muted Holey Moley mentions on social media last summer to avoid spoilers when I couldn’t watch the finale in real time, and then I forgot to unmute, so the new season was a surprise when I opened Hulu yesterday. Glad it’s back! 

• Love 1

The network isn’t doing the show any favors with the scheduling. They’ve changed time slots, pulled it during the Olympics, ran a repeat against nothing special, and then put a new episode up against the NFL season opener. It feels like what they do with shows just before they’re canceled. The only thing they haven’t done to kill it is move it to Saturday nights.

• Love 2

I wish they would show this from the first season, through the end of Season 3, instead of other shows.   I think if the show was always on Thursdays at 7 (central), then there would be a bigger following.     I even watch the reruns, since I enjoy the competition, even if I watched the entire episode on the first time it aired. 

This article is an interview with Joe, about what's in the mugs, that the gold blazers are leftovers from Wide World of Sports, and that they film from late in the evening, all through the night, and why it's so cold.

https://awfulannouncing.com/abc/joe-tessitore-holey-moley-mugs-season-four.html

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Rickster said:

Imagine my shock when I tuned in today to the opening ceremonies of the Ryder Cup to find that the emcee of the event was ……..Rob Riggle. 

He was probably looking for Blake Sledge!!!

Ugh, apparently the Muppets are going to be part of the show now? I loved loved loved the Muppets back in the day, but anymore I just find them annoying and trying too hard. Rob, Joe, and Jeannie are going to be back so they're not replacing anyone, but it just seems like adding unnecessary extra nonsense to a show that had just the right amount of nonsense already.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/holy-moley-the-muppets-season-4-1235205409/

(DanaK's link above mine has that info, too, I just didn't notice it)

Edited by tracyscott76
Crediting DanaK with the scoop
On 3/21/2022 at 10:24 AM, tracyscott76 said:

Ugh, apparently the Muppets are going to be part of the show now? I loved loved loved the Muppets back in the day, but anymore I just find them annoying and trying too hard. Rob, Joe, and Jeannie are going to be back so they're not replacing anyone, but it just seems like adding unnecessary extra nonsense to a show that had just the right amount of nonsense already.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/holy-moley-the-muppets-season-4-1235205409/

(DanaK's link above mine has that info, too, I just didn't notice it)

Heh, I didn't actually notice the Muppets were part of this until I saw it in a TV promo. I think I glossed over it in the article I linked to. I love the Muppets so we'll see how this goes

I didn’t realize the show was starting until last night, so I was completely unspoiled (and irritated) by the entire season-long, forced story about Rob being fired and the muppets trying to help him. It’s stupid. Are we supposed to believe the Muppets are real? The writers are mocking reality TV by introducing characters as fake as Holey Moley? Are they going meta — Fake characters acting out a fake story for a fake show? No thanks.

This is sort of off topic, but it popped up on my Hulu. Joe and Rob do commentary for a show called "The American Rescue Dog Show" on ABC. The dogs who "compete" are all dogs that have been rescued, the categories are silly. Not sure how I feel about the concept, but for the winning dogs in each category money is donated to a shelter so I am all about that.

I thought it was going to be more along the lines of the Colbert rescue dog segments which made me a little ill thinking that rescue dogs would compete to be rescued, but it's not that, so it's cute and yeah for donating to shelters.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

This is sort of off topic, but it popped up on my Hulu. Joe and Rob do commentary for a show called "The American Rescue Dog Show" on ABC. The dogs who "compete" are all dogs that have been rescued, the categories are silly. Not sure how I feel about the concept, but for the winning dogs in each category money is donated to a shelter so I am all about that.

I thought it was going to be more along the lines of the Colbert rescue dog segments which made me a little ill thinking that rescue dogs would compete to be rescued, but it's not that, so it's cute and yeah for donating to shelters.

I saw that show, and I loved it.    For anyone who missed it, it was $10k to either the rescue or shelter the dog came from, or a local charity for each of the seven category winners.   Categories were best barker, best speaker, best snorer, and four others.   Then the overall winner won a lot of money, for their charity.      The animals were adorable.   Rob and Joe were pretty adorable too. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Categories were best barker, best speaker, best snorer, and four others.  

There was belly rubs, couch potato, fetching (my favorite] and ears.

And yes, all of them were adorable. I very much liked how they added emphasis to the dogs with disabilities being just as awesome as a fully capable dog. I had a roommate years back who heard about dogs that had been found in a hoarder situation that was just awful. Larry (the dog's name, not the roommate] was just covered in maggots, malnourished and had to have a leg amputated because of these factors turned into an amazing dog. It was so awesome to see his transformation from a very skittish, unhealthy dog to the sweetest dog ever.

So yeah, I'm glad I tuned it. Nothing like an hour and a half of adorable to lift the spirit.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

I very much liked how they added emphasis to the dogs with disabilities being just as awesome as a fully capable dog.

The name of Lt. Dan was so perfect.

• Love 4