Type keyword(s) to search

My Grandparents' War - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
19 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

On an off topic shallow note-HBC looks fabulous. Her skin is to die for. I loved “meeting” her family. 

Absolutely, I told my husband I want to look like her when I grow up 🙂 .  If the rest of the episodes are as touching and informative as this one was I will be very impressed.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 2
On 4/9/2021 at 9:52 AM, WinnieWinkle said:

Absolutely, I told my husband I want to look like her when I grow up 🙂 .  If the rest of the episodes are as touching and informative as this one was I will be very impressed.

What a fascinating family(on both sides) that Helena Bonham-Carter has!  She reminded me of Mary Poppins when she had the straw hat on.

• Love 1
On 4/10/2021 at 7:43 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

What a fascinating family(on both sides) that Helena Bonham-Carter has!  She reminded me of Mary Poppins when she had the straw hat on.

I thought of Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady selling flowers....

• Love 2

What impresses me is the absolute pride and admiration the actors had for their grandparent.

As actors they can emote.

Mark Rylance’s grandfather, Osmond, a banker was in the Hong Kong Defense Corp, a civilian militia.

Os, was a Japanese POW on Hong Kong for 4 years.

What an interesting story.

This is what PBS does so well.

• Love 3

I’ve watched the first two and am now watching Kristin Scott Thomas.  All of the stories have been well done.  Just amazing, what our forebearers accomplished against great odds.

• Love 1