Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E09: A Family Stuck

• Start Topic

On 4/12/2021 at 3:34 PM, SongbirdHollow said:

I got nothing except that I visited Sedona in the before times and fell in love with it. The sunset spot they were at was at the top of the road up by the little airport , called Airport Mesa.  I hope they had dinner at the restaurant there; the food was fantastic! My husband still talks about it. I hope I have a chance to go back. 

We travel to Sedona once or twice a year. It is one of my favorite spots (and the restaurant is good!) I would be pissed if I went there and it was blocked by filming the douchetastic Kody Brown and his struggle wife. Although I might try to take the opportunity to slip Christine a Sedona crystal with the word "RUN!!" etched onto it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

Well, that fits with her telling Robyn that she can only have conversations that last an hour or less.

It seems to me, especially from early episodes, that Christine is steeped in a "them against us" upbringing. 

Eg. Kodys Mainstream LDS friend, her AUB Aunt Krysten, who spoke against polygamy. She stated when her mom left, she was told not to speak to her. 

My Pentecostal daddy died praying for my salvation. It was my heartache that I could not believe the way he did, or lie well enough to please him.

Cults and cultic systems fascinate me. I see parallels in these extreme religions, and can identify with Christine. Confrontation is damned difficult. She's not using humor or sarcasm now. At almost 50? She's trying new ways. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Such a cliff-hanger of a title.  We know and they have now come to realize the truth to this.

ETA.  I just checked the TLC schedule and it shows the show is running from 9pm to 11pm.  Those who have their timers set for the regular 10pm airing may want to make an adjustment.

Well, other than Ysabel's surgery, nothing happened during the COVID year.   I did want to see how Kody treated Janelle and Robyn for their anniversary road side celebrations just to compare to the others.    

I guess this is the cliff-hanger.   I bet Mariah will be annoyed if her wedding isn't filmed and Tony will stuff himself with tacos if we don't see Mykelti give birth.   I would love production to film the parents when they are told that the show is either cancelled or has been reduced to a one hour update every other year.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Moderator Announcement: Many of you keep up with the families on social media, and thus know about major events before they show them on the currently-airing season (weddings, new businesses they start, etc).  Please keep any social media posts out of the episode threads and in the Social Media thread, to avoid spoiling those posters who are NOT paying attention to social media and thus don't know whether a wedding actually happened until it airs on the show, etc. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ladle said:

I'd actually be really interested in watching the show if the family disbanded.  Not from a schadenfreude perspective - I just think I would be curious to see how they cope and what they all go and do.  It would certainly beat watching them talk vacuously about "safe spaces" and sadly pacing around an empty plot of land each week.  

I think it would just be more of the same.  A couple of episodes of packing various houses for yet another move, another few episodes lamenting the inability to find a place to live, a whole hour of packing and unapacking moving vans, and angst over Christine's unsold home so she can't afford a new place, moaning about money troubles, blah, blah, blah.  They are a bunch of uneducated twits who survive (barely) shilling for MLMs.  Not exactly riveting TV for me. 

Looking for love - not in the cards. What self respecting man would would that kind of used goods especially women who were so easily held in slavery by someone as insipid as Kootie.

• Love 6
On 4/13/2021 at 4:05 PM, luvgoldens said:

Unfortunately, I deleted my recording because I wanted to go back to the conversation between Cody and Robin about another child.  I thought I heard Cody utter something about "when I planned the life I wanted with you . . ."    Sure sounded like he's planning a future for him and Robin minus his 3 other wives.  This, along with his actions or lack thereof towards Christine and Janelle and his talking spots about how he's not sure he's even into plural marriage anymore puts the writing on the wall.

Robyn: "So (giggling, "tee-hee-hee").  Darling (stated firmly, as she leans in toward Kody and locks eyes, giggling again)."  Then, she tosses her hair as she looks up to the sky, as does Kody.  "You know how, like a couple years ago, when we went back to Vegas for a little . . . you know what.  A little like trip and I said, I said, 'Are we done havin' kids?'  She says this in a sing-song voice before she looks directly at Kody, snorts once, raises her eyebrows and finally pauses.

"We both kinda went, 'Ehhhh.  I think no.  I think we're done."  She nearly blurts that conclusion, then she pushes back the hair on the right side of her head with her right hand, before pushing back the hair on her left side with her left hand.  Kody is looking toward the sky just above Robyn's head, and mirroring her smile.  Robyn resumes her sing-song voice and says point-blank,  "I don't know if I'm done."  

Kody mock-jokes, "Are you calling me out?" and Robyn confirms, because she says that she doesn't know what's going on. Kody complains that Areobella is a "wonderful experience," but at the same he's "caught in this conflict, because she's been weaned for a year, but still keeping us up at night."  Robyn mutters that it started to get better when she was weaned.  With a fake smile plastered on his face, Kody asserts, "No. It's not better." He softly snorts.  

Robyn pouts, "We have to talk about that fillin' of, like, "Oh.  I'm done.'  I never really got that."  Kody looks confused and mildly disturbed; he actually side-eyes Robyn, as she is wiping her fake tears, and, of course, inspecting her fingers after, before she sticks her fist in her mouth.

Kody says, "I want to have a life with you that's not just all about our kids.  What do you think about that, though?  Do you feel, 'Hallelujah?'"

Robyn replies, "I feel relieved and saddened at the same time," as she moves her hand from her mouth to her massive throat.  Kody is staring down as she speaks, but looks up to side-eye her again.  He's taking up maximum space, arms akimbo behind his head until he mirrors Robyn and crosses his arms in front of him.

Robyn mumbles forlornly, "I don't know what it was, but I . . . had something, someone. . . hangin' around for a long time."  The background music takes over as the camera closes in on Kody's pensive face. "Justa. . . little dark-haired boy."  Robyn pauses.  

Kody replies, "Really?  You have not helped me answer this question," to which she laughs, covers her face with both hands, and bends over, as if she's exasperated.  He looks mildly offended. 

Robyn says, "Well, if you don't fill done, maybe we need to think about this some more if I don't know that I'm done?  Maybe we need to make sure?"

The scene ends with Robyn and Kody hiking up the slope to their house together as the camera focuses on Areolabellala's pink bicycle with ribbons on the handlebars that has been left in their yard.  They're shown in profile, and they're both bent over as they hike, so they look older and much thicker.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Kody replies, "Really?  You have not helped me answer this question," to which she laughs, covers her face with both hands, and bends over, as if she's exasperated.  He looks mildly offended. 

Robyn says, "Well, if you don't fill done, maybe we need to think about this some more if I don't know that I'm done?  Maybe we need to make sure?"

To me Kody still sounded like he was done, but Robyn wasn't listening or comprehending.

• Love 15
On 4/13/2021 at 9:08 PM, Jeanne222 said:

But where can she go from here?  The show pays the bills and Christine has no job skills or education!

I feel like her personality would be a huge asset to getting a job, maybe in a clothing store (NOT LuLaRoe) - I could see her helping women put outfits together, chatting them up, telling them how good they look.  Like mentioned above, she's certainly not dumb - she homeschooled how many kids?  And I think that if she were to strike out on her own her self-confidence would soar.  She used to drive me completely bat-crap crazy with how she'd chugged the Kody Kool-Aid, but now I find myself rooting for her to be the one to pack up and move to Utah to be with that grandbaby, and to a place she really thinks of as home.

So since next week is the season finale - in the previews for this season, didn't we see Christine and Meri having a conversation where Christine tells Meri that she doesn't think she can do this anymore and Meri tells her that she can't bail on the family?  Is that what we're going to get in the next episode?  And with the next episode being two hours, it is literally going to take me at least three days to watch it.

• Love 15
On 4/12/2021 at 10:22 PM, ginger90 said:

I guess Robyn has taken over Meri’s baby storyline.

Not many interesting tweets last night.

One of Robyn’s:

82AD8C59-1438-4275-94B1-F35E9B558076.jpeg

Really Robin!! Wtaf. What do you expect? Surely you should know that time has to be shared and how would you know they miss him as he never seems to leave! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:
On 4/13/2021 at 8:08 PM, Jeanne222 said:

But where can she go from here?  The show pays the bills and Christine has no job skills or education!

I feel like her personality would be a huge asset to getting a job, maybe in a clothing store (NOT LuLaRoe) - I could see her helping women put outfits together, chatting them up, telling them how good they look.  Like mentioned above, she's certainly not dumb - she homeschooled how many kids?  And I think that if she were to strike out on her own her self-confidence would soar.  She used to drive me completely bat-crap crazy with how she'd chugged the Kody Kool-Aid, but now I find myself rooting for her to be the one to pack up and move to Utah to be with that grandbaby, and to a place she really thinks of as home.

So since next week is the season finale - in the previews for this season, didn't we see Christine and Meri having a conversation where Christine tells Meri that she doesn't think she can do this anymore and Meri tells her that she can't bail on the family?  Is that what we're going to get in the next episode?  And with the next episode being two hours, it is literally going to take me at least three days to watch it.

Christine does sell Lularoe so she's not completely without job skills. I don't think JUST doing an MLM type of business would fully support her and her kids, so I think your idea of working in a retail clothing store would well for Christine. She does have a pleasant and friendly attitude that works well when dealing directly with the public so I think she'd be great in such a job.

Meri telling Christine she can't bail on the family? That's funny considering a few years ago Meri was ready to do exactly that until her online romance turned out to be a female catfisher! I wonder if she hopes to make "brownie points" with Kody by showing her trying to convince Christine not to bail on the family? I'd love it if both ladies decide that the best course of action is for both of them to bail now!

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, kimaken said:

Christine does sell Lularoe so she's not completely without job skills. I don't think JUST doing an MLM type of business would fully support her and her kids, so I think your idea of working in a retail clothing store would well for Christine. She does have a pleasant and friendly attitude that works well when dealing directly with the public so I think she'd be great in such a job.

Meri telling Christine she can't bail on the family? That's funny considering a few years ago Meri was ready to do exactly that until her online romance turned out to be a female catfisher! I wonder if she hopes to make "brownie points" with Kody by showing her trying to convince Christine not to bail on the family? I'd love it if both ladies decide that the best course of action is for both of them to bail now!

Meri has been shamed back into her expected role. I’m sorry Sam wasn’t  real and that she didn’t find a happier situation than the one she’s stuck with. As for Christine and the others, I don’t see any problem in “bailing on the foly” if they - especially your “husband” - has bailed on you. I hope Christine makes her own decision.

I’m still wondering how she went from acting all lovesick and caroling about her “wonderful man” last season, to feeling so awful this season. Did anything actually happen or is she just starting to face reality?

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, kimaken said:

I could see Christine doing well selling clothing or major appliances (not toasters) but she would have to tone down her exaggerated facial expressions and vocal inflections.  What may grab the attention of a toddler would come across to an adult as condescending and insincere.

Right on with Meri mentoring Christine to remain in the family.  Christine's response should be "family??? what family??? you would know better than any of us that we are all living a lie for the sake of the almighty TLC dollar".

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'd like to see the Morales interview.  How can I find it?

I watched Dish On Demand. What is interesting is this is the only episode they offer from Season 1, nothing else. Then on to Season 2. Wonder what was on there that they don't want us to see again?

Here's a short clip from youtube. 

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I’m still wondering how she went from acting all lovesick and caroling about her “wonderful man” last season, to feeling so awful this season. Did anything actually happen or is she just starting to face reality?

She got a lot of  "brownie" points with Kody  for being the first to jump on the move to Flagstaff train.  Actually, she was the second, but stealth Robyn was pretending she was as shocked by Kody's  announcement as the rest of the "wives"  when we know from comments they made later that Robyn was in on it much earlier.  I think Christine was the first to meet with Mona and get her house on the market.  According to Mona, the houses would sell in 30 days.

Poor Christine, however, did not get the message from Kody and Janelle about the monster big family house plot line that they had devised to buy at least as many seasons as the move from Lehi to the cul-de-sac houses.  Since they were never going to be able to afford building this, the plot line could go on forever and ever and ever if they played it right.  In addition to nixing Kody's housing plan, she also did a talking head segment that seemed to be the most honest about their finances than any of the other comments.  Without saying it directly, she really implied that this move to Flagstaff was stupid and had not benefited the family.   This is not the type of commentary that would endear her to Kody.

Not being in on the plan,  Christine  made her objections to this project very loud and reiterated them enough times that it would look rilly fake for her to walk them back and pretend to get on board with an idea she absolutely detested and knew was a fake plot.  If this show is cancelled after this season, I am afraid Christine will get the blame since it can't be Kody or Robyn's fault. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13

She may have been trying extra hard to work things out/deny the problem even tho she knew it was bad.  Been there. 

• Love 6

I take it you’re talking about Christine? Well, we can only base our assumptions on what was shown and her own admissions during the show. The past ten years of ‘marriage’ have been a rocky road for Kody and Christine, but she really liked LV and had a serious upgrade from basement to mansion.
Then she gets dragged to another state ends up in a house that is far less than what she had with Meri in a huge and luxurious rental. Robyn bought a super mansion with Kody (who did not (?) want to buy a house with her) in which they live ‘happily’ together. So yes, I can see why she isn’t happy at all....

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Not sure where to put this question but technically applies to this episode too so...

I know they film about a year out so what "action" we see  is from last year - a good 12 months ago.  However the talking heads are done later. They are shown the "action" footage and interviewed about what they see to give their narrations and then reflection commentary. What is the time difference between the actual footage and the playback/interviews/commentary talking heads?

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

After a week, you can wait to get the hell away from all these people. Except the Browns signed up for this vacation FOREVER.

Bingo.  That's the whole mess in a nutshell.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I could see Christine doing well selling clothing or major appliances (not toasters) but she would have to tone down her exaggerated facial expressions and vocal inflections.  What may grab the attention of a toddler would come across to an adult as condescending and insincere.

Right on with Meri mentoring Christine to remain in the family.  Christine's response should be "family??? what family??? you would know better than any of us that we are all living a lie for the sake of the almighty TLC dollar".

I think Christine would do well as a party organizer.

Catering. She's had major practice with 13-18 kids' bday parties, graduations, etc. 

A hostess in a nice restaurant, overseeing a daycare. Insurance coder.

Aries are typically wildly creative, AND detail oriented. She has Miss Truely (Aries for follow through) and Mykelti (Gemini- full of ideas) to inspire her. 

Thinking job with paycheck, benefits, new family business?? And  Lula on the side.

It could happen.

• Love 12

Home-based daycare. She's raised eleventy-billion children already and by all accounts, they seem to have all loved her. Especially if she is willing to cover some early morning and evening hours, she would have as many clients as legally allowed. If she took Federal childcare vouchers, she would have guaranteed income.

• Love 12
On 4/13/2021 at 4:52 PM, Tuxcat said:

I find it interesting that they haven't managed their "fame" better. Janelle certainly is a person who has ideas and little bursts of energy. (She could try real estate again with this burst... how long did that last?). Season 15 is a bit late to start worrying about "what happens after the show ends," but I agree with you. I think that's where she is right now. She has interest in keeping the train going.

Social media influencers can make quite a bit of money. I know Meri and Christine and Janelle do their fair share of social media posts. Do they sell/sponsor other things besides Strive and Lulu? If they don't, I wonder why not. They certainly have the #ers to tap into the money?

It's also fascinating to me that Kody never found a way to capitalize on the initial success of the show? Remember they were going to open a gym initially? They had all sorts of business plans but he appears to do nothing at all?

I have actually enjoyed this season more, given the irate Kody shenanigans. Perhaps that was the plan.

They didn't  have the money for the gym, and none seem to have the ability to run one.  Tamra from RHoOC had more money and was in a very body conscious part of the county.  I think her gym survived COVID, but I am not certain.  Considering how much they move,  a job as an agent for UHaul or Penske might have been an option.   All of them would occasionally mention jobs, but other than Robyn's closet  and Janelle's half-hearted venture into real estate, no one said what work was.   Kody had some kind of partnership where he got his initial investment back but it wasn't enough to give any to Meri for her inn because it was needed for grocery money.  around 2016 Meri jumped into the Lularoe mlm. 

I can't stand Kody, but I like seeing him realize that maybe Flagstaff was a stupid move.  With fewer and fewer kids at home, there isn't much of a reason for them to hang together.   That castle-apartment building he envisions would have been great in 2011 if it were built in Utah.  There is zero chance Flagstaff is a permanent home for these 5.  I  don't think anywhere in Utah would be permanent, either as they seem to be a restless bunch.   I cannot believe they all lived--even briefly--in a single wide 3 bedroom trailer and lived to tell about it.  I would have murdered at least 2 people in that situation. 

• Love 22
7 hours ago, Twopper said:

They didn't  have the money for the gym, and none seem to have the ability to run one.  Tamra from RHoOC had more money and was in a very body conscious part of the county.  I think her gym survived COVID, but I am not certain.  Considering how much they move,  a job as an agent for UHaul or Penske might have been an option.   All of them would occasionally mention jobs, but other than Robyn's closet  and Janelle's half-hearted venture into real estate, no one said what work was.   Kody had some kind of partnership where he got his initial investment back but it wasn't enough to give any to Meri for her inn because it was needed for grocery money.  around 2016 Meri jumped into the Lularoe mlm. 

I can't stand Kody, but I like seeing him realize that maybe Flagstaff was a stupid move.  With fewer and fewer kids at home, there isn't much of a reason for them to hang together.   That castle-apartment building he envisions would have been great in 2011 if it were built in Utah.  There is zero chance Flagstaff is a permanent home for these 5.  I  don't think anywhere in Utah would be permanent, either as they seem to be a restless bunch.   I cannot believe they all lived--even briefly--in a single wide 3 bedroom trailer and lived to tell about it.  I would have murdered at least 2 people in that situation. 

They need to move to an area where there are jobs.  St. George would be a great place.  Plus they could still commute to Las Vegas if that is where they find jobs.  Although housing is cheaper than Flagstaff, it is still in the upper price range for houses they have become used to.

I believe that Christine has the personality to carry off a YouTube channel and make money from endorsements.  She would need to invest in the equipment and learn how to edit videos.  

16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Home-based daycare. She's raised eleventy-billion children already and by all accounts, they seem to have all loved her. Especially if she is willing to cover some early morning and evening hours, she would have as many clients as legally allowed. If she took Federal childcare vouchers, she would have guaranteed income.

True.  But I think she is done caring for other peoples kids.

• Love 4

While we're finding jobs for Christine, I can definitely see her in reception at a pediatrician's office, or a dentist's office. She'd be a very happy, perky presence, but also with the ability to be calm/soothing when they're anxious. And it's the type of job that has insurance.

• Love 18
On 4/13/2021 at 11:39 AM, Twopper said:

Well, I am an atty and not a therapist, but I have been around for 67 years and have seen a lot of idiots in my life.

I think Janelle and Kody are both in a panic about the finances, but no one will say anything specific about this "elephant in the room."  I am sure Janelle knows she cannot support her "tribe" with her income from Cameo and Strive so it is necessary to keep the show going at least until Savanah graduates at which point Janelle may finally buy one of those tear drop trailers and just go  park it near Maddie.

It is ironic that what destroys the family (adding Robyn plus adopting her children) and the catfishery is what has kept the show on the air since the adoption in 2015. The focus has always been on how Meri responded and Kody's revulsion, but it really shook up all of the wives to the point where I think they seriously began questioning their place in the family.   Kody is the fault line that runs thru the family, but somehow the blame for most of their problems tend to land in Meri's lap.  Unfortunately for her,  she is cornered and cannot say that she was devastated by the divorce.  Meri's relationship with the other 4 died the day she signed those papers.   Unfortunately Kody was too dense to see the shifting sands in his other relationships at the time.   He could have made things better with the original wives by divorcing Robyn and making her a spiritual wife.  If Robyn complained, it would put the lie to the idea that only spiritual marriage mattered and the legal stuff was just to get the kids adopted.  Janelle had been married before, and because she was a convert to the religion, I think she was least affected by the divorce shenanigans.  Christine was, I think, almost as crushed as Meri.  She was a mostly happy third wife until Robyn.  I think it took  a combination of the divorce and Aspen's wedding to make Christine feel cheated that she didn't ever have a legal marriage to Kody and that the legal marriage means a lot more than she had always thought.

I seem to have digressed.   Back to why Janelle wants communication.  I think she is trying to get to a point where they can all talk together about where in Utah they want to move since life in Flagstaff is more expensive than LV.  She knows Christine wants to go back to Utah, and now they have no excuse to stay away.   Once they are on the same page about going to Utah, she probably envisions at least 2-3 more seasons of moving angst.   First they have to agree on a place to go so I can see  trips to St George, the SLC area,  Provo , and Logan.  I mention the last two only because Logan has one of the lowest COLs and is a college town like Flagstaff and Provo seems the most centrally located and is about the same COL as St George.  Parowan is even cheaper than St George, and I would laugh my head off if they all ended up there working for Meri at her BandB.   Janelle is doing what she thinks will contribute to keeping the show on the air, and if that requires she get off her duff and try to herd a bunch of cats back to Utah, she will do it in place of Kody doing it.  Getting everyone to agree to another move has to be a little more subtle than the way he got them to go to Flagstaff.   Also they need to move fairly soon, because  they are running out of boys to run the Brown Moving Services.  Professional movers for four separate families would be expensive. 

This is my theory, and I am sticking to it.   I also have a theory about dinosaurs if anyone is interested.

I am def interested in the dinosaur theory.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

I am def interested in the dinosaur theory.

"All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, and then thin again at the far end."   ---stolen from An(ne) Elk. 

20 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think she is done caring for other peoples kids.

Probably, but these are not the children of sister wives so it might be better.  And except for Truely, all her kids are grown.  I do think, however, that she wants to spend as much time as she can with Truely so I think she needs a job mostly during school hours. I think she would be good as a teacher's aid in the lower elementary grades but I don't think that pays enough. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

"All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, and then thin again at the far end."   ---stolen from An(ne) Elk. 

Probably, but these are not the children of sister wives so it might be better.  And except for Truely, all her kids are grown.  I do think, however, that she wants to spend as much time as she can with Truely so I think she needs a job mostly during school hours. I think she would be good as a teacher's aid in the lower elementary grades but I don't think that pays enough. 

Getting paid actual money could be an incentive. I dunno. Will be interesting to see where these people are in another year or two. It feels like something’s gotta give. 

• Love 5
On 4/15/2021 at 3:20 PM, laurakaye said:

Prince Harry landed 2 big-buck jobs in no time with just secondary school, mediocre grades and only some work experience in the military. Life behind palace doors is nothing like the real world, where he knows nothing about. Yet all of this was no issue to get a few ‘jobs’. It’s the name, face and connections.

I’m sure Christine can find a great job. She’d need some connections though: People who vouch for her and highlight all her skills so they’ll step over the issue of having little education.

• Love 4
On 4/15/2021 at 9:14 AM, itsadryheat said:

I watched Dish On Demand. What is interesting is this is the only episode they offer from Season 1, nothing else. Then on to Season 2. Wonder what was on there that they don't want us to see again?

Here's a short clip from youtube. 

I'm wondering if Discovery/TLC pulled a lot of the past episodes/seasons from OnDemand, because every single episode and season are on Discovery+.  

Probably another way to try to get subscribers.  Greedy assholes.  :/  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Prince Harry landed 2 big-buck jobs in no time with just secondary school, mediocre grades and only some work experience in the military. Life behind palace doors is nothing like the real world, where he knows nothing about. Yet all of this was no issue to get a few ‘jobs’. It’s the name, face and connections.

I’m sure Christine can find a great job. She’d need some connections though: People who vouch for her and highlight all her skills so they’ll step over the issue of having little education.

I imagine Christine would have family connections everywhere! Big families. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, LilyD said:

Well, despite the Brown Family's aspirations to be famous they are Z list celebrity grifters with no skills.  The only"connections" they have might be in their family wreath and none of them are in the news.  They don't compare to Prince Herry in the least.

I don't know that Christine has an desire to work other than her shilling jobs.  She was training to be a Realtor and even passed the exams only to recoil in horror when it meant she had to work weekends and dropped the whole thing like a hot potato.  She won't get a real job until she's forced to in able to keep her house or something.  It's not about the kids anymore, either, she only really has Truley as a "small" child at this point.  If she wanted to work outside the home she could certainly do so now.  The pandemic has curtailed a lot but we've not heard her utter a word about seeking employment.  She's a lazy as the rest of the MLM shillers.

• Love 15
39 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

They don't compare to Prince Herry in the least.

Of course Harry is in a different league celebrity-wise. My point was merely to show that there are enough examples of people without qualifications or experience who find new jobs. Quite often, it’s just about knowing the right people. And I am also sure plenty of people would be all to happy to associate with them, just because they are on national television. Z-status or not...

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 4/13/2021 at 10:18 AM, Mothra said:

Christine is too smart and/or sensitive for him--she's got his number in a way none of the others does.  If Christine speaks honestly, she will become at least the emotional outcast (more than she is already) and perhaps the literal outcast, and she doesn't want that, goddess knows why.

Because she has a lot to lose. Of all of them, she seems the least educated (well, Robyn)- but also the least resourceful. She identified early on as the Earth-mother/head parent of all of the children when they were young. Janelle has some education and work background so she could conceivably support herself; Meri has already been cast out and is forging a life alone.

• Love 6
On 4/13/2021 at 1:17 PM, laurakaye said:

So next season could be a smackdown between Robyn and Janelle, of all people - Flagstaff vs. Utah.  I like it - I like it a lot.  Pass the popcorn!

If that's the case, then I believe Janelle will win the battle but lose the war, for what Janelle is adoing is forcing Kootie to decide once and for all between polygamy and monogamy.  "Either s**t or git off the pot", as my mamaw used to say.  😛

Kootie respects Janelle, well, as much as he can respect a woman.  🙄  Moreover, Janelle has given up both her inheritance and her 401K for the FAMILY, so Janelle has some cache with Kootie she can use against Robyn.  Kootie owes Janelle, and deep down he KNOWS it.

Eventually Janelle and Christine will move to Utah while Robyn will remain in Flagstaff, for as long as she and Kootie can manage the mortgage on that fugly house. 😒

I think this is Janelle's last ditch effort to keep the family together, and even though Robyn and Kootie are still  tight, Robyn needs to watch her step, because Janelle is ready and loaded for bear.  I got a strong feeling that Janelle doesn't confront folks easily, but I bet when she does she comes to win. She left Kootie once before for a couple of years, so that wouldn't be new territory for her.  I say to Janelle, if this is what you truly want, then go for it.  Meri's way didn't work, Christine's hasn't worked, maybe yours will, or maybe it won't.  However, snatch that Robyn bald as you stomp your way outta Flagstaff, I'm rooting for you.  🥳

It will be must-see TV.  🍿🍿🍿

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
On 4/15/2021 at 8:24 AM, Jeanne222 said:

I think Gwens car stuck in the mud was the highlight of this episode.

I'd like to see the Morales interview.  How can I find it?  TIA

When Kootie turned to the camera and said that he could now go "home,"  it was so telling.  It Janelle's house, it's Christine's house, but Robyn's house is HOME.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
#livingmygrammarerrors
  • Love 15
54 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

However, snatch that Robyn bald as you stomp your way outta Flagstaff, I'm rooting for you.  🥳

This would be the one and only thing that could entice me to pay for Discovery+ 🤣

If they did a premium show with the ugly fallout, I’d be there with bells on to see the take down of the dark queen and her court jester.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 4/13/2021 at 9:01 AM, Shelbie said:

I don’t actually believe that Robyn wants to have another baby.

Do the producers think we are idiots? 

Didn't we see in Ep 2, Robyn's disgusted look and negative response "we all know the other wives can’t produce kids anymore, so all they talk about is MY reproductive system" to Rooster Kody's COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO to Joe Darger during the conversation at the Darger's about having more kids?

Kody made it clear he has the urge to have just one more baby. While Robyn didn’t discuss it in public, she made it clear to the cameras it wasn’t up for discussion. Robyn noted she didn’t like the conversation because it was her that would have to carry the baby. Not Kody. And certainly not any of the other sister wives. Didn't sound like Robyn was supportive of the idea.

And now, Ep 9, we are tortured with her giggling spirit baby scene and Kody's nah, the 4 year old with the pacifier is acting like a mini me and I can't sleep.

I'm beginning to believe that the producers are as simple and lazy as the stars of their show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Didn't we see in Ep 2, Robyn's disgusted look and negative response "we all know the other wives can’t produce kids anymore, so all they talk about is MY reproductive system" to Rooster Kody's COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO to Joe Darger during the conversation at the Darger's about having more kids?

Kody made it clear he has the urge to have just one more baby. While Robyn didn’t discuss it in public, she made it clear to the cameras it wasn’t up for discussion. Robyn noted she didn’t like the conversation because it was her that would have to carry the baby. Not Kody. And certainly not any of the other sister wives. Didn't sound like Robyn was supportive of the idea.

And now, Ep 9, we are tortured with her giggling spirit baby scene and Kody's nah, the 4 year old with the pacifier is acting like a mini me and I can't sleep.

I'm beginning to believe that the producers are as simple and lazy as the stars of their show.

Maybe Robyn has a buy one get one free coupon from Rewrite Family History Portrait Studios that is ready to expire, so she needs a little dark-haired son (not Day’un) for a new family portrait.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

I'm rewatching this ep right now, and I found where Robo keeps Koty's balls!
Holy goiter, Batman! I have large one, too, from Hashimoto's, but hers is massive! It was even jiggling during her backyard talk with Janelle. (And yes, I rewound those scenes twice to watch it dance)

14 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Yes. They're just phoning it in now, what with all the flashbacks and rehashing. They're the production version of Janelle.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I'm rewatching this ep right now, and I found where Robo keeps Koty's balls!
Holy goiter, Batman! I have large one, too, from Hashimoto's, but hers is massive! It was even jiggling during her backyard talk with Janelle. (And yes, I rewound those scenes twice to watch it dance)

Kody mentioned last week that he had a conversation with their doctor re. Covid precautions, while he had the doctor on the phone, he should have turned it to a video chat and asked what they thought about Robyn's abnormal throat area.  They seem to have a mortal fear of professional medicine but surely they must realize something's not right there.  Not even to mention that their neglect nearly cost Truely her life, Ysabel more than a year of needless pain and even Dayton may have not been disfigured if they had reconstructive plastic surgery much sooner after his ATV accident.

A few months ago I was getting blood work done to renew my statin prescription and while I was talking to my doctor, he mentioned a small growth in my thyroid area.  I hadn't even noticed it myself and was glad I hadn't worn a turtleneck that day.  Within a week, I was in an oncologist's office for a scan and was able to watch the procedure on a monitor where they inserted a scalpel like needle into the thyroid, removing the growth and scraping the walls to detect any further abnormalities.  Turns out everything is just fine, but they let the growth on Janelle's lip reach epic proportions before acting, when it was so obvious to all it was more than a coldsore.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Turns out everything is just fine, but they let the growth on Janelle's lip reach epic proportions before acting, when it was so obvious to all it was more than a coldsore.

Glad yours turned out to be nothing.   Janelle's growth did reach epic proportions in one of the scenes last week.  It was twice the size of the biggest I'd ever seen before.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Kody mentioned last week that he had a conversation with their doctor re. Covid precautions, while he had the doctor on the phone, he should have turned it to a video chat and asked what they thought about Robyn's abnormal throat area.  They seem to have a mortal fear of professional medicine but surely they must realize something's not right there.  Not even to mention that their neglect nearly cost Truely her life, Ysabel more than a year of needless pain and even Dayton may have not been disfigured if they had reconstructive plastic surgery much sooner after his ATV accident.

A few months ago I was getting blood work done to renew my statin prescription and while I was talking to my doctor, he mentioned a small growth in my thyroid area.  I hadn't even noticed it myself and was glad I hadn't worn a turtleneck that day.  Within a week, I was in an oncologist's office for a scan and was able to watch the procedure on a monitor where they inserted a scalpel like needle into the thyroid, removing the growth and scraping the walls to detect any further abnormalities.  Turns out everything is just fine, but they let the growth on Janelle's lip reach epic proportions before acting, when it was so obvious to all it was more than a coldsore.

That's what I don't understand! They don't have to be afraid to see doctors because they're polygamists (if they ever really were afraid for that reason) but they certainly don't take health issues seriously. Irresponsible idiots!
I'm still angry with them over Truely. Janelle is a moron for letting that lip nugget go so long, but she's an adult who can make her own choices, while Truely was a helpless child. Blaming Ysabel for her scoliosis, and not responding quickly to Dayton's eye injury, showed yet again how stupid those parents really are. Their priorities are so messed up.

So good to hear that your docs were quick and that everything is fine! I know the process to get to the all-clear is stressful. You didn't drag your feet in getting it tended to, or go visit a woo 'doctor' for pvc pipes and snake oil? what's wrong with you? 😆 

I have cold nodules, which are the type that could potentially some day turn cancerous. Every so often, we aspirate them and check if anything has changed. Nothing to do about the goiter, though, but most of mine grows inward instead of outward, so eventually I may have to have the whole shebang removed if it ever starts impeding breathing or swallowing.

I can't imagine ignoring something obvious happening like they do. I don't like doctor visits, but we are made of meat, and eventually something is going to go bad, so I suck it up and get things done.

• Love 7

I’ve assumed that they don’t have insurance and that’s why they don’t visit the doctor. Kody and Robin might, but I’m sure that’s “for the kids.” Even if they all do have insurance, you know Kody doesn’t have any of the kids except Robin’s on his insurance, and that they other wives have to pay for their own kids. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’ve assumed that they don’t have insurance and that’s why they don’t visit the doctor. Kody and Robin might, but I’m sure that’s “for the kids.” Even if they all do have insurance, you know Kody doesn’t have any of the kids except Robin’s on his insurance, and that they other wives have to pay for their own kids. 

The issue of health insurance came up in a tv interview they did after the first season which operated a lot like a tell- all but I don't think it was called that. '

I think Janelle usually had her own children covered thru her job, but she said she had just changed jobs when Maddie had appendicitis.  It sounded like there was a waiting period before she could get the insurance at the new job so Maddie's medical costs were not covered by any insurance and that the cost was equal to her yearly salary.   I was thinking maybe she discharged this medical expense in the bankruptcy she filed, but that was in 1997 when Maddie was only two years old

• Useful 3