Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Bigfoot, Bigger Drama

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  Do not bring ANY information from future media, social media or other sources into the episode threads.  Such items can be discussed in character and media threads. 

• Start Topic

More stuff happens, or not.

Okay, according to Bravo:

Brandi reluctantly forgives D'Andra and the ladies head to Oklahoma for a weekend of camping; with the help of a local hunter, they set out on a mission to find Bigfoot, but things quickly heat up when Kary starts insulting their host.

Original air date 2021.04.06

• LOL 4

Let me guess: Brandi engages in assholery, Kari gets drunk, D’Andra vacillates between meditation and losing her shit, Kameron finally gets her Barbie Dream House, Stephanie finds the perfect lube, and Tiffany realizes that these aren’t the ladies who lunch she had in mind.

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
(edited)

Kameron finally gets her Barbie Dream House

Her Pink Sparkle Barbie Dream House, accept no substitutions! Even if she has to bejewel all that stuff herself.

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 6
6 hours ago, nexxie said:

Let me guess: Brandi engages in assholery, Kari gets drunk, D’Andra vacillates between meditation and losing her shit, Kameron finally gets her Barbie Dream House, Stephanie finds the perfect lube, and Tiffany realizes that these aren’t the ladies who lunch she had in mind.

LOL! This is perfection. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Unless Kary is a vegetarian or vegan then she can’t talk about hunting or someone killing animals. Unless they are getting extreme about it or something. Kary is a total bitch tho.

Brandi can shut the fuck up always.

Still liking D’andra this season.

Kam is always more enjoyable when she’s not around Kary.

Overall kind of boring tho.

• Love 18

Haven't watched this show all season. I turned it on last night out of boredom. Quickly turned it off. Do they do anything other than get drunk and scream?  Not entertaining Bravo!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Haven't watched this show all season. I turned it on last night out of boredom. Quickly turned it off. Do they do anything other than get drunk and scream?  Not entertaining Bravo!

Sometimes they let someone try to defend her casual racism, sooooo, there's that........

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
(edited)

SHUT UP KARY ... I mean you were just shoving your mouth full of hot dog NOT moments before NOW you have to speak up for those poor animals? The level of disrespect this woman just throws out is astounding.. the way she went after Charles over and over was beyond disrespectful and she owes that man an apology 100%

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 24

I only watched because they went to my home state.  I deeply regret it.  Stephanie, you are the only one welcome to come back (it's your birthright as an Okie).  The rest of you?  Go home and never come back. 

Sincerely,

ALL OF OKLAHOMA

P.S. That goes for the New Jersey ladies too - except for Margaret.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Okay - my small takeaways:

Kary is a complete snobby, mean-girl bitch.  The way she went in on Charles was nothing more than looking down on someone she considers "not worthy of her time or attention".  Not because he's a hunter, not because he's a quirky kind of guy - just because he's not in her socio-economic demographic.  She did nothing but laugh and snicker at him telling his stories, and when none of the other ladies joined in her disrespectful behavior, she needed something to latch on to to be mean and nasty, so she latched on the hunting thing.  Kary is also a nasty, scary drunk (waving that machete around in the dark was very, very nerve-wracking), and I think she has a drinking problem, moreso than even Brandi.  She needs to get her shit together, because she is really coming off in a very bad way this season, and not through any production manipulation - she's just a mean bitch.

I actually think she's almost more dangerous than Leeanne was, because Kary is sort of stealth, and Leeanne was just soooo out there with her disdain and dislike.

Stephanie is probably one of the sweetest Housewives ever, and I hope she never changes.  She is really concerned about people's feelings, and I appreciated her defending Charles.  It's amazing to me she's lasted this long on a Housewife show, usually the sweet ones don't stick around.  Plus, she has gorgeous blue eyes.

Kameron is just who she is, but I also think she is a bit snobbish and very isolated in her little Dallas social circle bubble.  She is definitely a fish out of water any time they are out of her comfort zone.

Brandi is slowly becoming a non-entity on the show, for me, anyway.  Kary is now the one with the drunken antics everyone is talking about after the show airs.

D'Andra surprises me all the time.  She is a woman of many talents and also easily adapts to her surroundings.  BUT - I would NEVER, EVER get in a car, RV, truck, bus or any other motor vehicle if she is behind the wheel.  

Tiffany is quirky and sometimes awkward, and I'm still on the fence with her.  Her voice continues to grate, even in the woods of Oklahoma.  Loved that she is prepared with umbrella hats, though!!!  

I also didn't understand when they all kept saying they were "camping" or "roughing it" - that cabin was beautiful and seemed to offer every convenience they have in their homes in Dallas - hot and cold running water, indoor plumbing, gas stove, dishwasher, flat screen TV's, comfortable bedding, etc.  I didn't understand the whole "roughing it" - because they had to carry in suitcases and coolers and cook their own breakfast?  These ladies are more pampered than I thought.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 19
13 hours ago, Marley said:

Unless Kary is a vegetarian or vegan then she can’t talk about hunting or someone killing animals. Unless they are getting extreme about it or something. Kary is a total bitch tho.

Brandi can shut the fuck up always.

Still liking D’andra this season.

Kam is always more enjoyable when she’s not around Kary.

Overall kind of boring tho.

Kari has no manners and is actually very mean.  She must be horribly unhappy inside.  Charles seemed like a very nice man and I felt bad for him.  The only hunting I have a problem with is trophey. 

Brandi continues to bug me. 

Kameron can be funny but again, I don't like making someone the butt of your joke.  Especially on tv when they were invited there by a castmate.  I am sure they didn't expect to be made fun of. 

Tiffany is my favorite so far.  She goes with the flow but isn't mean. 

I go back and forth about D'Andra.  I didn't think her apology to Brandi was necessary.  She was asked a question pre season, answered in an innocuous way and SHE is the one causing Brandi all this angst?  Bitch please.  Enough groveling.  

3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

the first min into this episode and I am already OVER Brandi .. if you know my heart and know me you should give me grace and not talk about it.. SHUT UP... stop blaming everyone else for your actions ...

YES!!!  

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

These ladies are more pampered than I thought.

Stephanie being so proud of herself for putting gas in the RV - and the others (or at least Kam) being so impressed by it too - was crazy to me.  I mean, yeah I've never gassed up an RV but putting in gas is the same regardless of vehicle.  Especially, uh, TURN THE ENGINE OFF!!  Do they not put gas in their own cars?

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

@njbchlover I’m also surprised Stephanie has lasted so long being as sweet as she is. Glad she has though. 🙂

I’m a vegetarian and wouldn’t have treated Charles that way. He was invited as a guest and should have been treated with respect. He was not brought on to be lectured about animal cruelty.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Stephanie being so proud of herself for putting gas in the RV - and the others (or at least Kam) being so impressed by it too - was crazy to me.  I mean, yeah I've never gassed up an RV but putting in gas is the same regardless of vehicle.  Especially, uh, TURN THE ENGINE OFF!!  Do they not put gas in their own cars?

Well, I was also impressed with that, but then again, I live in New Jersey, and I have never put gas in my own car.  (Self-serve gas stations are not allowed in New Jersey, and I'm glad!!)  😉 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

@njbchlover I’m also surprised Stephanie has lasted so long being as sweet as she is. Glad she has though. 🙂

I’m a vegetarian and wouldn’t have treated Charles that way. He was invited as a guest and should have been treated with respect. He was not brought on to be lectured about animal cruelty.

Especially from someone who is NOT vegan or vegetarian!!  I am not a fan of hunting as a sport, but certain types of hunting have a place.  According to what Stephanie said, he hunts for his sustenance, not for fun or sport.  It was especially heinous and disgusting for Kary to ask this man, a veritable stranger to her, if he gets a "hard on" when he kills an animal.  Something is definitely NOT right with her thought processes.  Not only that, but to ask an elderly gentleman, an invited guest, such a low-class, gross question is despicable, imo.   

Someone should enlighten Kary on manners and respecting those who are different than youself, and not just accept her half-assed apologies.  I love Stephanie, but she is too big of a pushover sometimes - especially where in concerns Kary and her stupid apology that was more directed at Kary feeling like she had to apologize to Stephanie for what Stephanie was feeling, rather than apologizing for being a rude, crude, insensitive, pretentious, drunk bitch to Charles.

Did we see that Charles shows up again in next week's episode?  I hope he gives her a piece of his mind, but I doubt it.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 20
23 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Did we see that Charles shows up again in next week's episode?  I hope he gives her a piece of his mind, but I doubt it.

Exactly - I bet Charles has more real class than these bitches who like to lecture us and each other about "class" and "etiquette"!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, princelina said:

Exactly - I bet Charles has more real class than these bitches who like to lecture us and each other about "class" and "etiquette"!

Kary is bitchy in general, but do you all think snobbery played a part? If it were a rich, snazzy Texan who liked to hunt, would she have been just as rude and disrespectful? Hopefully Charles knows everyone, vegetarians included, are team Charles. 

I do agree it’s different from someone who doesn’t consume animals. Pamela Anderson is a vegan who tries to avoid anything animal in her lifestyle. I still don’t think it would have been appropriate to pick on this guy out of nowhere as a guest, but I’d at least see some sincerity. Kary needs to put down the hot dogs if she cares so much and go have salad or a veggie dog! 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

the first min into this episode and I am already OVER Brandi .. if you know my heart and know me you should give me grace and not talk about it.. SHUT UP... stop blaming everyone else for your actions ...

This. If your heart was so good Bish, you wouldn't have made that video.

• Love 6

Dallas has scenes where the women actually have a good time..and also features most of the hubby's as strong support without going overboard like Jersey.

Kary looked down on Tiffany in an earlier episode for saying she had to work the next day, etc. So no surprise she looked down on Oklahoma.... so she can dish it out, but can't take it.  How exactly is Leeanne and Kary not alike?  Other than Leeanne could be funny.

Dandra cooks..and also camps?!?!  It's a shame she is always talked down to by her mom.  

Kary had to apologize when she realized she went too far.  When she was mocking Charles..she was also mocking Stephanie since she's from Oklahoma.

• Love 11

Charles is owed an apology and a fruit or jerky basket from Kary at the very least. Just apologizing to Stephanie doesn’t cut it, especially because she only did it because there were tears involved. Her behavior was atrocious.  I never want to hear about someone hurting her feelings again.

D’Andra OTOH owed Brandi nothing.  I know she apologized to shut Brandi up so they could move on, but if Brandi is too dumb to understand what D’Andra meant by her statement, once again, that’s on her.

• Love 21

And for the love of god, stop allowing these women to shame states that aren’t theirs. I’m sure Oklahoma wasn’t thrilled that these snobby bitches were arriving. All they are there to do is get drunk, announce that they’ve never been so drunk before and then drink some more.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, For Cereals said:

Charles is owed an apology and a fruit or jerky basket from Kary at the very least. Just apologizing to Stephanie doesn’t cut it, especially because she only did it because there were tears involved. Her behavior was atrocious.  I never want to hear about someone hurting her feelings again.

D’Andra OTOH owed Brandi nothing.  I know she apologized to shut Brandi up so they could move on, but if Brandi is too dumb to understand what D’Andra meant by her statement, once again, that’s on her.

Kary doesn’t even deserve to be around others with good souls.

Kary’s behavior was indeed atrocious and then some. 
Kary needs to go very, very far away from my TV screen.

I used to like Brandi because she was funny and seemingly innocuous in the first seasons. I didn’t enjoy her running around annoying Kam with a dildo, just not my kind of humor. However, she was entertaining. Back then Brandi seemed to be her true self and just looked for fun and had no malicious intent, eve. If she was obnoxiou. Well, that Brandi is gone and now she’s just unaware, insensitive, self-centered jerk.

Sometimes I like D’andra and sometimes she annoys me. He having to issue an apology to Brandi and everyone siding with Brandi was gross.

• Love 13
On 4/4/2021 at 9:17 AM, nexxie said:

This should be the real Bravo recap of the episode 😂

Stephanie is just an all around good person. She just might be my favorite housewife ever. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Batwings said:

This should be the real Bravo recap of the episode 😂

Stephanie is just an all around good person. She just might be my favorite housewife ever. 

Stephanie’s definitely my favorite housewife ever. I can’t speak for the other cities, but she’s so much nicer than all the heffas on BH. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Stephanie’s definitely my favorite housewife ever. I can’t speak for the other cities, but she’s so much nicer than all the heffas on BH. 

I watch them all (I need a life) and she’s my favorite.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

D'Andra didn't need to apologize to Brandi because Brandi shouldn't have made the racist video in the first place. I think Kary might be unhappy in her marriage is the reason she loves to drink. Yes Stephanie is very sweet but she also has a great life. Who wouldn't be sweet when you are financially stable and have tones of help? Tiffany,Kary,and Brandi are brave to sit in the middle of the water on that rock like that lol. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, NihadsWife said:

D'Andra didn't need to apologize to Brandi because Brandi shouldn't have made the racist video in the first place. I think Kary might be unhappy in her marriage is the reason she loves to drink. Yes Stephanie is very sweet but she also has a great life. Who wouldn't be sweet when you are financially stable and have tones of help? Tiffany,Kary,and Brandi are brave to sit in the middle of the water on that rock like that lol. 

I know lots of financially stable folks who are assholes. Lol 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

i don't!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Kary is bitchy in general, but do you all think snobbery played a part? If it were a rich, snazzy Texan who liked to hunt, would she have been just as rude and disrespectful? Hopefully Charles knows everyone, vegetarians included, are team Charles. 

I do agree it’s different from someone who doesn’t consume animals. Pamela Anderson is a vegan who tries to avoid anything animal in her lifestyle. I still don’t think it would have been appropriate to pick on this guy out of nowhere as a guest, but I’d at least see some sincerity. Kary needs to put down the hot dogs if she cares so much and go have salad or a veggie dog! 

IMO the real problem was that they were all enjoying sitting around drinking and goofing and eating their hot dogs and then had to settle down to participate in the evening's "entertainment" which involved a stranger showing up to tell foolish Bigfoot stories that they had to feign interest in, in order to be polite.  I could feel the energy level drop from my living room!  So the blame for that falls upon Stephanie/production.  Good/not-so-good manners ranged from acting interested, to zoning out, to Kary at the bottom of the barrel acting like a total bitch.  Would she have behaved as badly if the guy had been a young hottie rather than a bearded backwoodsman?  My guess is she would have been equally as obnoxious, but perhaps in a different way 😈

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I wonder if Stephanie stays on the show because she really wants/needs something of her own. Her new charity involves Travis and his company - can’t see that feeling like her own.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, goofygirl said:

MORE BROKEN BOW!!!!

No really... More Broken Bow Oklahoma, please.  It's BEAUTIFUL!!!

It really is a nice area.  The lake is beautiful, the surrounding area has a lot of places to hike, and the locals are nice.  If I had one gripe, it doesn't have a lot of restaurants, and I didn't want to cook while I was there!   Wish I had gone Bigfoot hunting with Charles!

ETA: There is a great pizza place/brewery across the street from Girls Gone Wine where they did the wine making, but other than that there isn't much.  There has been an increase in the winery business around there, and you can do about a dozen winery tastings in the Broken Bow/Hochatown area.

Edited by Slider
ETA Line
  • Love 1

Tiffany and Deandra are both so pretty. I want to hate Kam but I secretly love her- Kary is very typical snob. I had her number from day one. But see Brandi, no matter how vile someone is or behaves, I am always on the side of those discriminated against. Kary has a thousand things to mock but her ethnicity isn't one of them.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, princelina said:

IMO the real problem was that they were all enjoying sitting around drinking and goofing and eating their hot dogs and then had to settle down to participate in the evening's "entertainment" which involved a stranger showing up to tell foolish Bigfoot stories that they had to feign interest in, in order to be polite.  I could feel the energy level drop from my living room!  So the blame for that falls upon Stephanie/production.  Good/not-so-good manners ranged from acting interested, to zoning out, to Kary at the bottom of the barrel acting like a total bitch.  Would she have behaved as badly if the guy had been a young hottie rather than a bearded backwoodsman?  My guess is she would have been equally as obnoxious, but perhaps in a different way 😈

YES!!!  I was so with Tiffany on this.  and TBH - I think the guy's stories/story was pretty lame.  He heard a noise?  So its Bigfoot?  Also, just because he was not my cup of tea - I find Kary's behavior disgusting.  

• Love 6