Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Unanswered Questions

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

For Vinny, I think it's less about the actual deathbed and more about having a large, close and loving family. I think it's nice that this is such a priority for him. I cannot believe that they didn't vet this aspect more thoroughly for these couples. It can't just be "do you want kids"? It also needs to be "what is your timeline for having children" as well, and possibly "how many" too, although that can be fluid for people depending on circumstances as experiences.

I agree about Vinny, and I think they should definitely find out how many kids people want. If someone wants two and someone wants three, that's one thing, but if someone wants one and someone wants 7? Yikes. And of course, if someone wants kids and someone doesn't, that's a deal-breaker - you shouldn't have kids with someone you had to talk into it.

And the timeline matters too, especially if they're going to pair people with age gaps. Erik and Virginia are 8 years apart; Haley and Jake are 10 years apart. (I mean, Haley and Jake are a non-issue because they're not going to last, but you know.) Men can biologically have kids well past the age when women can, but that doesn't mean they want to. And if they pair women with men who are younger than they are (I remember Karen is older than Miles), that's a factor too.

• Love 8

I want to know if Jacob really converses like that & why. If he believes it's good conversation. Also, why not tell his wife he doesn't want to talk (about it)? I'd rather see him say that. 😂 Looks like he was happy with how things were going the 1st few days & couldn't recover & continue after she switched behavior. She apparently wasn't okay the 1st few days & switched up & what? WHAT DID SHE EXPECT WOULD HAPPEN? She basically told him she wasn't okay progressing, so he should change his behavior. She needed him to do whatever to progress & he needed her to do whatever to get back to when they 1st got married. She took control & led it NOWHERE. Prime example of what NOT to do. 😂 I think he was done when he caught everyone on the honeymoon. If that hadn't happened, perhaps she should've explained her confusion & need to figure out her feelings & agreed on how they'd move forward.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 3
On 4/11/2021 at 3:40 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Why do we let society do this to us?  The husbands are making a first impression for their stranger wives, and all they have to do is rent a tuxedo and maybe personalize the look by not wearing socks. 

They also have to be better looking than Doug or their new wife will cry and cry 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I think an important question is if a candidate wants a kid, regardless? That's concerning. It doesn't make the other parent special or they haven't thought any of that through. It's perfectly reasonable & logical to decide having kids based on the partner. Vincent wants 4 kids. Has he even figured out if Briana is mother material? At least Erik said Virginia's good with kids, so it seems he's trying to figure if she'd be a good mother.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2
On 4/8/2021 at 11:38 AM, Boo Boo said:

So either the producers are manipulating each into finding *something* to create conflict, but...

If so called experts are setting people up, the first set of questions should be:

• Do you want kids?  What is your timeline if yes?  
  • Are you religious?  Do you plan to raise your children in the church? If not religious, do you mind if your spouse wants to raise your children in the church?
  • Do you have pets?  If not, do you mind other pets?  If you have pets, and your partner also has pets, is that okay with you to have more?
  • Are you conservative with money?  If not, will it bother you if your partner isn't as conservative?  If you are a spender, will you try to become more fiscally responsible if your partner is?
  • Do you like to travel?  If not, will you support your partner in their travel pursuits?
  • Are you are an introvert socially, will you support an extrovert partner?  If you are an extrovert, will you compromise with your partner if they are not?

If they don't have these on the set of questions, they cannot be called experts.  If they chose to ignore at least the top 3 -- kids, religion, pets -- ,they are purposefully choosing people to create drama and setting up the couples to divorce.  And that sucks b/c these are actual legal marriages so seemingly at best the kids, religion, pets should be compatible. 

I don't understand the need to purposefully set up people that have opposing views on those topics of kids, religion, pets.  You can be PERFECT on paper and still not be compatible personality-wise so there'd still be drama.  

Exactly! These. Are. Fundamental. I would also add a question about sex drive. While that's something that can, in some cases, be negotiable, couples should have compatible ideas for what constitutes a healthy sex life. If you're good with traditional, missionary-position sex a few times a year, then you're probably not going to be a good match for someone who needs sex twice a day while dressed as a rodeo clown. Not judging either perspective, but it's something these "experts" need to take into consideration when putting people together.

I hope the producers or whatever realize that as much as reality tv shows appeal to the Trainwreck instinct, no one really wants to sit through a complete shitshow for several weeks in a row. Brianna and Vincent are the only workable couple, but between her baby voice and his tendency to pout/sulk, they lack the watchability factor. The money and childbirth* conversations were the first ones where they both sounded like actual adults, at least until Brianna started dictating bedtimes. 🙄

* I might have missed it, but did Brianna/Vincent discuss surrogacy as an option? That might also need to be part of the budget.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Exactly! These. Are. Fundamental. I would also add a question about sex drive. While that's something that can, in some cases, be negotiable, couples should have compatible ideas for what constitutes a healthy sex life. If you're good with traditional, missionary-position sex a few times a year, then you're probably not going to be a good match for someone who needs sex twice a day while dressed as a rodeo clown. Not judging either perspective, but it's something these "experts" need to take into consideration when putting people together.

I hope the producers or whatever realize that as much as reality tv shows appeal to the Trainwreck instinct, no one really wants to sit through a complete shitshow for several weeks in a row. Brianna and Vincent are the only workable couple, but between her baby voice and his tendency to pout/sulk, they lack the watchability factor. The money and childbirth* conversations were the first ones where they both sounded like actual adults, at least until Brianna started dictating bedtimes. 🙄

* I might have missed it, but did Brianna/Vincent discuss surrogacy as an option? That might also need to be part of the budget.

Agree with all! (And I giggled at rodeo clown).  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Lindz said:

I think an important question is if a candidate wants a kid, regardless? That's concerning. It doesn't make the other parent special or they haven't thought any of that through. It's perfectly reasonable & logical to decide having kids based on the partner. Vincent wants 4 kids has he even figured out if Briana is mother material? At least Erik said Virginia's good with kids.

Problem with that thinking is hanging with someone else's kids for a while is totally different from having your own.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

If they don't have these on the set of questions, they cannot be called experts.  If they chose to ignore at least the top 3 -- kids, religion, pets -- ,they are purposefully choosing people to create drama and setting up the couples to divorce.  And that sucks b/c these are actual legal marriages so seemingly at best the kids, religion, pets should be compatible. 

Yeah, I don't get it.  It's like they drew names out of a hat!  Season One was so well done - only three couples and it appeared that they (experts) spent a lot of time making the matches.  I know Kourtney and Jason eventfully divorced but I was pretty astonished when they first talked and he discovered her dad and brother were firefighters and so was he.  It was interesting and engaging.  This season is horrible.  I feel like a bad person for even watching.  So, unless they do some sort of "make it right" summation show (where they say how they are going to do a better job and how)  - I'm done.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Devvie said:

Yeah, I don't get it.  It's like they drew names out of a hat! 

More like Chicken Poop Bingo...

1 hen walks on a checkered board with every bride's name written in a square, the other chicken walks on a board with every groom's name written in a square...

Feed the chickens....

First poop on a bride's name matched with first poop on a groom's square...and so on....

Bet the chickens do better than the "experts"

• LOL 7
9 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

1 hen walks on a checkered board with every bride's name written in a square, the other chicken walks on a board with every groom's name written in a square...

Feed the chickens....

First poop on a bride's name matched with first poop on a groom's square...and so on....

DAMN!!

Where are you from?  Lol

• LOL 4
On 4/8/2021 at 11:59 AM, Devvie said:

AMEN.  Finally, experts laying it on the line and addressing problems.  

I really hope Erik and V go their separate ways.  She is - probably - genetically predisposed to alcoholism. I now remember her dad bringing a flask to her wedding and giving her a long swig.  And saying her girlfriends can't keep up with her - her liver processes alcohol TOO WELL.  ("Abundant evidence indicates that alcoholism is a complex genetic disease, with variations in a large number of genes affecting risk.") Erik is starting to enable which is sad. Pepper said to say "why can't we stop drinking for a while and see how that increases our communication." He backed off on that and said instead "The biggest thing I've gotten from this whole thing with her [Pepper] is drinking being a problem for us, I guess, in arguments." Virginia says the argument would have been the same.  BUT that long pause and visible gulp and "I'm not talking about it" spoke volumes. Then her inability to give him a weekend?! And she started to lose control.  I predict, she will now start hiding her drinking. A healthy person would have said "Yeah, let's give that a try". There's a HUGE chance if she stops drinking (cuz I'm not sure she can just cut down) the things Erik likes will disappear. This ain't my first rodeo. 

Paige... she just doesn't get it.  She giggled when Pepper told her Chris was a narcissist.  But I was so glad Pepper didn't mince words and said "he did it to hurt you".  But Paige is still wondering "why".  People like Paige are frustrating because they don't understand there are bad people in the world.  There are people who wake up every day and think "who can I hurt"? 

Chris... OMG.  Chris thinks he handled things to the best of his ability?... I wish PC had responded "Then your abilities are very limited." It has been interesting to watch a narcissist in action though. People throw the word around too much these days... but Dr. Schwartz is a professional and qualified to really dx him. 

Don't think V and B's budget is out of line because they are just - at this point - looking at all their expenses.  Sharing housing will cut those down.  She is a professional engineer. Might have school loans.  And Civil Engineering is very formal - she might have to wear suits.  (I worked in a College of Engineering and the national conferences are all suits and ties.)  And given it's still primarily men, she has the added burden of commanding respect. I noticed on her "flashback" she had removed the expensive braids. Both of them really try.  But I get the kid thing.  It is a deal breaker. 

Haley and Jake.  Let's pull the plug.  I actually feel sorry for both of them. 

$9 thousand  s month is not excessive to you?? Yikes!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Feed the chickens....

I've heard of rural school districts playing "cow bingo" as a fundraiser. Same idea but much larger scale 🙂

12 hours ago, antfitz said:

$9 thousand  s month is not excessive to you?? Yikes!

It seems like a really high amount to me. We're a family of 6, and get by on a lot less than that, in California yet. I can't imagine spending $9k a month as a single or even couple, unless you're taking exotic vacations every month. If I were them, I'd probably be saving closer to 6k and spending 3k...just my opinion.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

It seems like a really high amount to me. We're a family of 6, and get by on a lot less than that, in California yet. I can't imagine spending $9k a month as a single or even couple, unless you're taking exotic vacations every month. If I were them, I'd probably be saving closer to 6k and spending 3k...just my opinion.

It seems high to me for a relatively young couple, though they are in a pretty expensive city. But where I live, housing is really expensive. Tear downs go for about $750,000 so a lot of people have a $5,000 - $6,000 monthly mortgage payment. Toss in some car payments, utilities, groceries, and it's easy to get to $9,000 without exotic vacations every month.

And that's not including kid expenses, which again, in my area, most families have at least one or two.

On 4/11/2021 at 2:21 PM, humbleopinion said:

There is no mention of a degree from any college in Bri's bio but lists her numerous certifications and jobs she has held.

Most likely producer shenannies pumped up her title as they are wont to do like Keith's actual job as a dialysis tech versus a registered nurse.

She has a BS in Civil Engineering : www.heavy.com/entertainment/vincent-briana-mafs-season-2021-atlanta/amp/ (scroll down for the details)

42 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm skeptical. Was there ever really a pregnancy or was this all a big scam for the camera? I put NOTHING past Chris. 

There was picture of Tiffany's hospital wristband as proof of her losing the baby...while it may be true, no one really believes anything PO$ posts.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

There was picture of Tiffany's hospital wristband as proof of her losing the baby...while it may be true, no one really believes anything PO$ posts.

His baby mama name is Mercedes. Is that who you meant? 

17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

His baby mama name is Mercedes. Is that who you meant? 

Dang, I misguessed. Thx for the catch.

I knew it was a brand name like Porsche, Sephora...been doing my utmost to not pay attention to Paige and PO$.

• LOL 1