Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Unanswered Questions

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Brianna is a beautiful woman but those fake eyelashes look so heavy! 

$400 a month for clothes?  I thought Engineers wore hard hats and construction boots and jeans on site.  Then once in awhile go to the office to the drawing board.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I can’t believe Haley wants to try.  She looked like she was going to faint while talking to him.  I’d rather have a quiet guy like Jake instead of a motor mouth like Erik.  Jake is easygoing, where Erik is controlling.

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

So Haley still wants to "try". But does "try" mean being around after the cameras leave, is the question.

She should've been honest for once & just admitted she's done.

Truthfully, I don’t think she knows what she wants at this point.  She needs to be single and keep traveling and seeing her girlfriends.

• Love 12
(edited)

Dr. Pepper was wrong, IMO, in telling Erik that, for example,  as a  new stepfather of a child he shouldn't act parental in the sense of discipline, like he wants to be with Rocky Dog.  Uh, Pepper old girl, a new stepfather in the Real World probably had that "ease into it" time---called "dating the child's mother." 

Maybe Clara thinks this relationship with Ryan is the best because she's regarding his avoidance as respect.

Wait, what? Ryan had no sex with previous "months and years long" relationships?!

All-rightly, then. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

I’d like to smack the ugly smirk right off of Chris’s face. 

I hope the show provides Paige with long term psychological counseling.

I liked Ryan when this season started, not so much now.
Same with $Brianna$  

• Love 12
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

$400 a month for clothes?  I thought Engineers wore hard hats and construction boots and jeans on site.  Then once in awhile go to the office to the drawing board.

Depends on the type of engineering.  I’ve worked with a lot of “corporate” engineers who oversee that things are working from afar or are more involved in specifying equipment or designing processes or packaging design.  They may go onsite for a startup or user acceptance testing, but they spend most of their time in the office.

still can’t stand Erik

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 8
(edited)

I want Haley's gold paper clip necklace, if it's real! I've been looking at some for me!

Haley still isn't being straight with Jake, who struck me as poignant and vulnerable tonight. He has kind eyes. 

Previews:

No-Sex Ryan is determined to be also No-"I Love You" Ryan.

Haley gets into a snit and walks away from Jake.

And, yes, Mrs. Erik actually says, "What does it matter if I come home?"

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Racj82 said:

Everytime Erik says "You need to understand " I want to punch him in the face.

Or flick him repeatedly about the head.  I was really hoping during the kitchen scene that Virginia would casually walk over to the sink, pull out the sprayer and just spray him in the face.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

That wig looked like a dead critter that got run over on the highway.  I know she can do better than that.

I was watching some of this with a friend and we both flinched when we saw the talking head.  Just not a good look at all.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, karenbrady said:

I believe (from episode 1) that Ryan is struggling with his sexuality. Reminds me of 'Band of Gold' by Freda Payne.

After reading this I started singing it in my head and...😳 I never knew!

I confess I stopped watching last week. I didn’t even finish the episode. Erik was his usual controlling self and I checked out. From the comments I don’t think I’m missing much. We all knew Chris thought Paige was ugly weeks ago. The discussion around Paige devolved into that fairly quickly, which is what Chris wanted. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Every time I think that Chris couldn’t possibly do or say something that would make me hate him more, he surprises me.  “Of the millions of beautiful, black, white and Latina women in Atlanta, this is what you chose for me?”  The nerve of that cro magnon looking mfer.  He kept saying he doesn’t like her features.  What the heck does that mean?

Unless I am mistaken, I thought husbands and wives are supposed to put their spouse before everyone else.  Perhaps someone should have informed Virginia what being married entails.  I am having a hard time understanding why she signed up to be married. 

Clara, sweetie, I hate to break it to you, but your marriage is not a 10; a five maybe. 

I was accused at one point (or at least I felt that way) when I said I thought Chris' baby mama was much more attractive  than Paige, that it was because I or others have been conditioned to not find a black woman to look attractive.  Or more attractive. 

While do think Paige is generally attractive I just didn't think she looked as good as the other woman.

But, I do think Chris has this vision of a trophy wife and Paige is not that. He wants a woman that looks more like a Kardashian than a woman that looks like Paige. 

My opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

“Of the millions of beautiful, black, white and Latina women in Atlanta, this is what you chose for me?” 

They could have paired him Clara. After having sex with her every day of the first week, he might have moved into the MAFS apartment and continued the relationship. Williams is a more generic name than Oubre.

Sadly, based on how she responded to Ryan's Ted Talk and his questions about what motivates her she might not have five year goals and may not be up for being part of a power couple.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I hate when a man (FU Pastor Cal) doesn’t understand a woman’s fear of pregnancy. 

1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I like how the people who can't get pregnant are the ones eager for kids (Erik, Vinny).

They don't need to understand it - if people are being matched for marriage (or they have to GET A DIVORCE!!!) and one side says kids are a dealbreaker - don't match them with people who don't want/may not want/may not be able to have/may be afraid to have kids!!!  On this point Eric and Vinnie have nothing to be ashamed about - one must assume that they were honest about this; we don't know whether the women lied about it or the experts decided that these kind of opposites attract (😳 ) but if they want kids and their TV wife does not, it's time to end that marriage.

3 hours ago, Cancun said:

I hate how Erik said Dr. Pepper said to “let that one go” regarding Rocky. That incorrectly sounds like he is right but that he should choose his battles. Instead, Dr. Pepper clearly told him he was wrong, using the analogy of child from prior relationship. What a jerk, he really can spin things to retain control in every situation.

And I disagree with Pepper - pets are not kids, and there is no dad out there needing to be respected as well.  Eric expresses himself like a controlling jerk, but I agree with him for the most part in principle - if they are going to stay married, he is assuming they will be living together (which may be his 2nd mistake 😄 ) and he'll have to live/deal with that dog too.

3 hours ago, jennyf said:

Erik was saying two different things to Virginia. He asked her to plan ahead for a weekend a month because he was parroting Dr Pepper, then basically put her on notice that he’d want her to change or cancel plans because of him. I don’t blame her for getting annoyed about that. Though I do have a hard time believing that a) she makes plans a week ahead of time and b) that his schedule is so incredibly unpredictable that he doesn’t know where he’ll be during the week. That conversation got ugly fast. And her not willing to acknowledge alcohol being a problem is obviously a major, major problem. 

Yeah I think there were editing shenanigans there because that conversation stopped making sense in the middle of it.  My guess would be that he has to plan his "one weekend a month" with her way in advance to make sure he's not encroaching on her regular poker or karaoke nights 😄 

• Love 17
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

While do think Paige is generally attractive I just didn't think she looked as good as the other woman.

But, I do think Chris has this vision of a trophy wife and Paige is not that. 

It's possible to find plenty of Black women attractive and not buy into the Paige is beautiful, amazing, and would make a wonderful wife narrative. Paige is moderately attractive. Some of her clothing choices are horrible. Her wedding hair was as awful as the hair she's wearing in this episode. Her personality as displayed in the edited version of this show is off-putting.

Anyone who has spent enough time in certain spaces shouldn't be shocked that Chris thinks Paige is a butterface. Pastor Cal knew.  Woody, Greg, and Vincent are attracted to their dark-skinned Black wives. Any of them might have been disappointed if the show matched them with Paige, too. That said, there are probably plenty of guys who find Paige attractive. 

Edited by Rae Spellman
  • Love 10

This was one of the better episodes, probably the best this season. I felt like all the couples were having to face their issues head on. 

I was happy to see Dr Pepper make Paige see the reality of who Chris is even though it appears it was dawning on her. No fault on her part. In fact she should have grounds to sue the producers. How could a person like Chris who is proud of his arrogance and displays it so freely possibly be thought of as marriage material? He must have had the power of Rasputin.

Cal's dialog with Chris was priceless. Chris hates Rev Cal as he does anyone who tells him the truth about himself. You could just see him go into his victimization scowl. Actually blaming the producers for not finding a woman of his dreams. He'd still be a demented asshole. Even though it shouldn't have worked it was cruel and disgusting of him to take advantage of her commitment to the marriage. I think he was done the moment he realized he wasn't getting sex anymore. This guy is in a class all by himself. Takes the prize for being the worst man on MAFS hands down.

Erik and Virginia appeared to be having some breakthroughs. Picking your fights is important. Drinking to excess is a fight worth having. Virginia looked more serious and mature in her glasses. I wonder if she actually needs them all the time as in hind site seems like she squints a lot. Erik has got to stop with the my way or the highway approach. Looks like it might all come apart next week.

I thought Jake looked handsome in a suit and beard. It seems like he is an onion that has many layers and if Haley got over herself she could find a very loving man. I believe Jake would be loving in the loyal, always there, always ready to support kind of love. He hit it right on the head, she could open up, be more compassionate, start thinking of her self as his wife and if she did they could stay married. He opened up and shared his soul about being lonely for 10 years. He dated but nothing worked out.

Clara and Ryan are in some other alternate reality. She says its a 10 out of 10 but if he doesn't tell her he loves her or has intercourse its over!

• Love 14
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

So Haley still wants to "try". But does "try" mean being around after the cameras leave, is the question.

She should've been honest for once & just admitted she's done.

Haley says she wants to try every week and every week she totally disappoints.  I can understand it happening,  that you’re not attracted in any way to the partner you’re matched with, kind of like a blind date.  Honestly I don’t know why he still has expectations too, they’re just fulfilling their contract at this point I assume.

• Love 9

I didn’t appreciate Pastor Cal throwing the fact that Chris has been engaged twice before in his face, if he had done a half assed job he would have been aware of that before he matched him up with Paige.  I’m so glad he didn’t end up knocking her up, then he would have a possible ugly baby to deal with too.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Did this include two mortgage/rent payments? If so, I could see it being $9K (though it’s still high). I’m single, living in a city that has a cost of living about equal to ATL and I easily spend half that (a little more) each month. Of course my largest expense is my mortgage...and that does not count what I put in savings. It’s not completely shocking to me.

Rent/mortgage was $1,700, electricity was $85, and internet was $80, so that's bound to be one abode.  The other big item $870 for car payment (and $160 for gas).  And as @jennyf pointed out, there was $3,000 for savings. 

At first I was shocked at the amount, but when it's broken down, it makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I thought Jake looked handsome in a suit and beard.

The jeans ruined it for me.  Or, well, jeans with a sports jacket can look kind of sharp, but he was wearing the jacket from a pin-striped suit.  Not the same.

Erik gets visibly irritated when he's having a conversation with Virginia and she suddenly diverts her attention to the dog.  She did it last week when the dog was digging around in the dog bed, and then this episode when the dog started jumping on her leg, and her interaction isn't to correct the behavior but instead to comment on it or engage in it.  That would irritate the heck out of me, too. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Chris, personally I don't find her face attractive either. Now your face? Oh yeah, I don't find yours attractive either so there's that. 

I believe (from episode 1) that Ryan is struggling with his sexuality. Reminds me of 'Band of Gold' by Freda Payne.

Agreed Ryan is struggling with his sexuality. It was odd to me the Dr. last week jumped to him being a virgin versus the obvious, he doesn't like the vagina.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I hate when a man (FU Pastor Cal) doesn’t understand a woman’s fear of pregnancy. 

During my first pregnancy when I told my female doctor that I was nervous about giving birth, she did not understand why. There is such a narrative that women love having babies that it is looked upon as selfish for us to be worried that it might suck to pass another person through us, even though there are plenty of jokes about how gross childbirth can be (usually from the perspective of men).

That being said, it is utterly stupid to pair up women who might not want children with men who definitely do. Virginia desires many more years of partying and Eric wants a baby, yesterday. Virginia enjoys being the fun aunt and mothering her fur babies....she does not want human babies for a while.

5 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

Clara and Ryan may end up in a long, unfulfilling marriage. There's a recent NYT article about consenting to unwanted touch. Clara mentioned that they didn't even even kiss in the early days. While Ryan accepts whatever it is that Clara is doing, his preference could be no touching. If at twenty nine he's been in relationships that lasted months or years with no sex, it's possible that he doesn't know how to do things that would please Clara and is reluctant to ask her to guide him into figuring it out while there are multiple opportunities for her to talk about it on camera. He might think he's compromising by consenting to whatever it is they are doing.  

Ryan could be asexual. Many asexual people do want to be in romantic pairings but really do not enjoy or desire physical intimacies. However, why the heck was Clara practically screaming about her sexual frustration last week and now rating her marriage a 10? Did last week happen after the meeting with the experts and they are just showing us scenes out of order?

4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I want to know one thing.  Why did these three experts pick Chris and Paige?  Anyone can plainly see they weren’t for this show.  Paige looks lifeless and has no pride.  You can wash the floor with her, and Chris is a Blowhard maniac who took her to bed even tho he hated her face.  I wouldn’t trust those experts to pick corn for me.

They were picked to be the train wreck.  Pastor Cal knew that Chris would not be happy with Paige (he mentioned that he might not be attracted to her in the selection episode). I think anyone meeting Chris for 5 minutes can tell he is a dusty broke grifter who lies about everything. The show is just trying to cover their tracks.

They want to have at least one horrible couple per season because reality shows do not get ratings when everyone is happy. Jake and Hailey are not happy but that type of boring civility does set the internet on fire.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

During my first pregnancy when I told my female doctor that I was nervous about giving birth, she did not understand why. There is such a narrative that women love having babies that it is looked upon as selfish for us to be worried that it might suck to pass another person through us, even though there are plenty of jokes about how gross childbirth can be (usually from the perspective of men).

That being said, it is utterly stupid to pair up women who might not want children with men who definitely do. Virginia desires many more years of partying and Eric wants a baby, yesterday. Virginia enjoys being the fun aunt and mothering her fur babies....she does not want human babies for a while.

Ryan could be asexual. Many asexual people do want to be in romantic pairings but really do not enjoy or desire physical intimacies. However, why the heck was Clara practically screaming about her sexual frustration last week and now rating her marriage a 10? Did last week happen after the meeting with the experts and they are just showing us scenes out of order?

They were picked to be the train wreck.  Pastor Cal knew that Chris would not be happy with Paige (he mentioned that he might not be attracted to her in the selection episode). I think anyone meeting Chris for 5 minutes can tell he is a dusty broke grifter who lies about everything. The show is just trying to cover their tracks.

They want to have at least one horrible couple per season because reality shows do not get ratings when everyone is happy. Jake and Hailey are not happy but that type of boring civility does set the internet on fire.

And yet over and over we hear the couples in impossible relationships say ~ they must have paired us for a reason and they carry on 😣 

• Love 7

My Solution.

1.  Paige and Virginia have to go.  They both need therapy.

2.  Clara should marry Jake.  They both have funny noses and will have sex every night

3.  Haley should marry Erik.  She’ll ride shotgun in the plane with Erik and he will ask her all questions of her travels, and she would tell him all about hers.

4.  The Engineer will donate her eggs with his sperm, and will have a surrogate to birth the children.

5.  All useless experts should be fired.

6.  Blowhard Chris should marry his baby Momma and be respectful.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m so confused why Ryan thinks this pairing is the best one ever when he doesn’t want to have sex with Clara. It sounds like he was brought up religiously, but then why would he consent to doing other things. 
And here’s Clara saying this is the best relationship she’s ever had,  but last week she was complaining about him not wanting to have sex with her. 

He’s bi and still figuring things out.  Using Clara is not the way to go.  It’s cruel.

• Love 6

Real cute that Chris was so horrified by Paige's looks that he could only have sex with her 3 or 4 times in a couple days. Must have been a real sacrifice.

I can completely understand why Virginia shuts down or deflects when Erik talks to her. He lectures, makes demands and refuses to compromise. He doesn't say, "I think we could help Rocky learn patience and some commands if we work together with a trainer," he basically says, "your dog has no manners and he's MY DOG now and you have to do exactly as I say." Also that whole conversation about making her cancel her plans on his whim made me grind my teeth. They need to make plans together based on his schedule. I'm not saying she's innocent or perfect, but Dr Pepper telling him to basically demand what he wants is not going to work. I would have walked already if my partner treated me like that and honestly I have had to. Unfortunately I was young and waited until he got physical when I needed to leave for a previously discussed event (that he was invited to). 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Those wigs are not helping your cause Paige. Now stop whining and just go home. That fool don't want you!!!!!

I just said the same.

Those mustaches FREAK ME OUT. Can't even look at them.

I think he is trying really hard to be a hipster.  But culturally he is not a hipster.

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, princelina said:

And I disagree with Pepper - pets are not kids, and there is no dad out there needing to be respected as well.  Eric expresses himself like a controlling jerk, but I agree with him for the most part in principle - if they are going to stay married, he is assuming they will be living together (which may be his 2nd mistake 😄 ) and he'll have to live/deal with that dog too.

I agree with your point. But, the issues that far too many people do look at pets as their kids. So the comparison was apt. Especially, in regards to Virginia who seems to only worry about drinking....and being a good dog mom. 

1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

He’s bi and still figuring things out.  Using Clara is not the way to go.  It’s cruel.

If he's Bi, he should still he happy to sleep with his wife at this point.

7 hours ago, Leilani said:

Agreed Ryan is struggling with his sexuality. It was odd to me the Dr. last week jumped to him being a virgin versus the obvious, he doesn't like the vagina.

It's not obvious. Since he has never presented himself as anything but straight,  the first logical thought would be he's apprehensive. Second, he may be a virgin.

It's actually funny that a guy not wanting to sleep with someone he's known for weeks means this and that about his sexuality. He could just...not want to rush into that. 

I think there are certain fears in life that I think people know but don't get and I don't think there is any malice intended. It's natural to have a fear of pregnancy and everything involved. But, most to work through it. That's not everyone though and it's something that should be taken seriously. 

Also, there should be zero issues with matched pairs when it comes to kids. How do match two guys who want kids with two women that are scared to have them? Come on now. The matchmakers have this delusional take that people will just get over fears and issues over time. Life isn't that simple.  

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Did this include two mortgage/rent payments? If so, I could see it being $9K (though it’s still high). I’m single, living in a city that has a cost of living about equal to ATL and I easily spend half that (a little more) each month. Of course my largest expense is my mortgage...and that does not count what I put in savings. It’s not completely shocking to me.

I'm calling BS.  I live both in the Bay and in Los Angeles and my combined expenses are lower, and I have really high tastes.  Two luxury cars- $1200, Mortgage in ATL =$5K.  Where does all the rest of the money go? They dont need 2 mortgages unless they rent one out and that would pay for one of the mortgages.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Valegro said:

I can completely understand why Virginia shuts down or deflects when Erik talks to her. He lectures, makes demands and refuses to compromise. He doesn't say, "I think we could help Rocky learn patience and some commands if we work together with a trainer," he basically says, "your dog has no manners and he's MY DOG now and you have to do exactly as I say." Also that whole conversation about making her cancel her plans on his whim made me grind my teeth. They need to make plans together based on his schedule.

You are spot on about the dog, Erik could have phrased it differently.  Rocky is a cutie and I would have a hard time denying him anything and I think Virginia does not like the hard work it takes to make a relationship work as much as she hates to discipline her dog.

As far as Erik asking VA to cancel plans if he is in town, I get it.  She will have plenty of time to party with friends when he is out of town, the fact is his work schedule can be erratic and VA saying she will not cancel on her friends tells me she does not want to spend time with Erik.

I have a close friend who was a flight attendant and her husband is an airline pilot, if he is home she is home because that relationship is important to her, I do not make plans with her if he is home because I value my friend and I want her to spend time with her husband.  VA's friends should realize she is married and the importance of her marriage, if she cancels plans with her friends so be it.  What do we think VA is cancelling anyway, a night of drinking? I bet there will be other nights of bar hopping she can catch up with her friends.

The message was not given in the most effective way, Erik lacks the ability to say it in a way that would be more receptive by VA.  He could have said, "when I come home I really look forward to seeing you and spending time with you"...he failed in his delivery and now VA is pissed because she feels controlled.  

• Love 13
(edited)
7 hours ago, Leilani said:

Methinks he is very bothered that before they were married his wife’s vajayjay was like a revolving door....lots of comings and goings.....or like an airport whose runway was open to all aircraft from all countries, republics and principalities.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Erik has said that he realizes he has to work on his delivery when he watches himself.  I think it is good that he has realized this.  Virginia does seem to bring out the worst in Erik.  I don't know too many husbands that would be happy to have a wife that thinks drinking with her male friends is more important than spending the weekend with their husband.

I think it would have benefitted the couples if after they saw the experts they had switched and then talked with the one that just talked to their partner.  Dr Pepper tells Erik to talk to Virginia about her drinking.  But it might have been more helpful if Dr Pepper told Virginia what is expected of a wife instead of telling Erik this.  The same with other couples.  Why do Ryan and Clara keeps saying their marriage is a 10 when Clara is miserable and Ryan is avoiding the fact.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Methinks he is very bothered that before they were married his wife’s vajayjay was like a revolving door....lots of comings and goings.....or like an airport whose runway was open to all aircraft from all countries, republics and principalities.

I agree with you and she continues to say that sex is just an activity, not related to emotional connection, so that is pretty off-putting if you view it as a special union.

And her telling him upfront that she falls in love all the time makes him want to see if she really does like him or it's just something she admits she does without a lot of basis.

I think he's being criticized for just being cautious.  It's been a few weeks, not months, give it a chance without the cameras to see how things go.

• Love 11

Brianna is bossy.  I keep remembering that.  She tells Vinny how to compromise.  But I don't see her doing it.  She wants him so go to bed and wake up when she wants.  She is the one that wants him to go to bed early but he can't watch TV or his phone in bed.  What was she compromising?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Brianna is bossy.  I keep remembering that.  She tells Vinny how to compromise.  But I don't see her doing it.  She wants him so go to bed and wake up when she wants.  She is the one that wants him to go to bed early but he can't watch TV or his phone in bed.  What was she compromising?

Yeah, i used to really like her (well, except for her baby voice) but she won't budge on anything.

Why does he have to get up early to get more things done? What isn't he doing that's so important?

If he's tired, let the guy sleep.  Why does he owe you being up with him - find something to do on your own until he's ready to join you.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Chris, personally I don't find her face attractive either. Now your face? Oh yeah, I don't find yours attractive either so there's that. 

If I had to classify how I "found" Chris's face, I'd say punchable...

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

And her telling him upfront that she falls in love all the time makes him want to see if she really does like him or it's just something she admits she does without a lot of basis.

Clarabelle’s declarations of love to men who treated her shabbily and even worse, her admitted staying in past abusive sexual relationships with such men is just too much for Sidepart, a kid who grew up in the church by pastor parents.

Clarabelle’s attending a bible college for a year and rejection of religion and its teachings is as problematic.

Fringe ‘Stache knows that she will never be the dutiful and prayerful daughter in law sitting in the Obrue  Family pews every Sunday with their children listening to their grandparents preach from the pulpit....

Clara will get the kids impeccably dressed in their Sunday clothes, hair crisply side parted, ribboned in time for Ry to take them to Sunday morning children’s bible school while she goes to a yoga class.

That is the best he can hope for if the 2 decide to hang on to their marriage....

Sometime after the Reunion show is aired they will divorce, whether it be a month after the Georgia waiting period or later they will not stay married.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Leilani said:

I think everyone has jumped to the conclusion that he’s gay , but the experts can’t come out and make an accusation like that .. so the virginity thing was the safe choice but everyone knew what she meant . Why would Clara say her marriage is a 10 but she’s not intimate with him ? It just shows how much she’s trying to ignore it . 

Chris is on another level of narcissism and insanity . I don’t think I’ve ever heard an expert come out and say such bad things about a past person even when they have done terrible things . They must reallyyy despise him , however he does make good tv . Chris will never stay in a long term relationship . He lives for drama and is way too fond of himself . 

Haley needs to find someone who will put her in her place . I don’t think a nice guy will work for her . I do find Jake awkward but I think he is a good person abd I feel bad for him . He seems so insecure and hurt and I genuinely think he wants to be married . I think Haley thinks she wants that too but like Olivia from last season , she doesn’t want her significant other to be himself . She wants him to conform to her lifestyle and change as a person . 

Virginia is so immature . I go back and forth each week with who is worse but like another poster said , I don’t agree with how Erik expresses himself , he does come off very controlling ... but I agree with what he’s TRYING to say . Virginia thinks it’s totally cool to go missing for a day and sleep at a guy friends house without even letting him know where she’ll be . And hanging out with friends for 3 weekends out of the month rather than her husband seems a little bit excessive but I just think it has more to do with being out at bars drinking rather than being with friends . I also thought it was very telling that when Erik asked if they can communicate while they are sober rather than while drinking , that she got so defensive like that’s such a difficult task . She needs help with her alcoholism . 

• Love 17
54 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

If I had to classify how I "found" Chris's face, I'd say punchable...

MAFS vocabulary lesson: International

German

Backpfeifengesicht — a face that's badly in need of a fist.  The word Backpfeife means “punch/slap” (on the cheek/face) and Gesicht means “face”.

French

Il a une tête à claques. ... He's got a very punchable face.

Try to work them in your convos.....

• LOL 11
(edited)

So either the producers are manipulating each into finding *something* to create conflict, but...

If so called experts are setting people up, the first set of questions should be:

• Do you want kids?  What is your timeline if yes?  
  • Are you religious?  Do you plan to raise your children in the church? If not religious, do you mind if your spouse wants to raise your children in the church?
  • Do you have pets?  If not, do you mind other pets?  If you have pets, and your partner also has pets, is that okay with you to have more?
  • Are you conservative with money?  If not, will it bother you if your partner isn't as conservative?  If you are a spender, will you try to become more fiscally responsible if your partner is?
  • Do you like to travel?  If not, will you support your partner in their travel pursuits?
  • Are you are an introvert socially, will you support an extrovert partner?  If you are an extrovert, will you compromise with your partner if they are not?

If they don't have these on the set of questions, they cannot be called experts.  If they chose to ignore at least the top 3 -- kids, religion, pets -- ,they are purposefully choosing people to create drama and setting up the couples to divorce.  And that sucks b/c these are actual legal marriages so seemingly at best the kids, religion, pets should be compatible. 

I don't understand the need to purposefully set up people that have opposing views on those topics of kids, religion, pets.  You can be PERFECT on paper and still not be compatible personality-wise so there'd still be drama.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 13

When I was in my early twenties I had a boyfriend like Ryan, who would not have sex with me.   I had my own apartment and we were together in it every evening.   He knew I had been married and wasn't a virgin.    After a year or so, I figured out he had a madonna/whore complex.  Basically he could have sex with a "tramp", and did, but had too much respect for me and didn't see me in that role.   So, although Clara doesn't come off madonna-like to us, she's Ryan's significant other and that elevates her to that category.   My real opinion is he is uncertain about her past, having sex at the drop of a hat, and her not formally practicing Christianity.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

When I was in my early twenties I had a boyfriend like Ryan, who would not have sex with me.   I had my own apartment and we were together in it every evening.   He knew I had been married and wasn't a virgin.    After a year or so, I figured out he had a madonna/whore complex.  Basically he could have sex with a "tramp", and did, but had too much respect for me and didn't see me in that role.   So, although Clara doesn't come off madonna-like to us, she's Ryan's significant other and that elevates her to that category.   My real opinion is he is uncertain about her past, having sex at the drop of a hat, and her not formally practicing Christianity.

Interesting!

I hate to be the person that says "lack of sex = gay" and that a man who looks a little fem = gay, but I'm wondering with his parents being so religious and his friends that looked well, gay, whether Ryan did this as a way of being like, "Got married, it didn't work mom and dad even though the experts picked the perfect match so therefore I'm a bachelor for the rest of my life" and then be a divorcee on the down low.  

• Love 2

I wish Pastor Cal had been as honest to Clara's face as he was in the TH when he was aghast at her saying their marriage is a 10. are with Ryan. Once Pepper asked him if he has even asked Clara about how she feels, he seemed surprised to think he had never thought of that. Then when he asked, he only asked about how she felt about him taking it slow, not how she may feel rejected. I don't see this working out long term (unless they agree off camera that they will have an open marriage, if she keeps it quiet. Oh wait - that is not part of her skill set).

I think the only time Haley has been honest this whole show was last night when she realized that the only reason she is pretending to hang on is because otherwise, that makes HER a failure, and we can't have that. I am sick of her fake tears and attitude, but she did look as pretty as I have seen her.

Chris is despicable and disgusting. Paige, who I don't think is attractive, seems to have finally gotten the idea that it is not going to work. (Which makes that clip that she showed of Decision Day even more laughable.) I don't know how she was before all this, but she seems to be totally depressed with no affect at all. Her choice of clothes is horrible, but I guess she is trying to spotlight her assets. Unfortunately, her assets don't include dignity or personality.

Brianna and Vinnie are boring. She is the only one of the brides I think is pretty. She is gorgeous, but the rest are average, at best. Not that that is a bad thing - makes them more normal! But, Brianna is exceptionally pretty. I hope they are able to get past her health issues to decide how to have a family. I agree with everyone that this info should have come out BEFORE the matching. Kids, religion, pets, etc. should all be strongly considered first.

I didn't like how neither Erik or Ginny were honest about their relationship. They are both very unhappy and not about trivial matters. Yes, getting and being pregnant can be scary, but usually, the end result of having a baby is worth it, but not to Ginny. She can blame her upbringing as much as she wants, but until she accepts that the reason she doesn't want to get/be pregnant is because she would have to stop drinking, there will be no real resolution - either way. Erik can say he realizes that he cannot communicate or deliver a message the right way, but he does nothing to change it. He IS controlling and condescending. He desperately wants to be married and is going to keep trying to mold her into what a wife "should be," but she is not going to be easily molded. She was too young and immature to have been chosen in the first place. Plus, she's an alcoholic. I don't see them together long term, either. At least, happily.

• Love 14