Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E11: Sorry Doesn't Always Make It Right

• Start Topic

A newlywed couple is injured in a car accident; Jackson's generosity with COVID-positive patients goes a bit too far; Hayes works to rebuild Maggie's confidence and convince her to perform an extremely risky heart surgery.

Promo:

Original air date: 4/8/21

(edited)

Ugh.  He isn’t McWidower or McIrish.  He is McDouche.  

I know that the show always treats Meredith as the sun and everything revolves around her, but that last scene where the three black doctors worshiped the white sun just sat wrong.  

Edited to remove what could be a casting spoiler from Station 19  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 8

This wasn't a "crossover event" by any means.  A car accident happened on Station 19, and then the doctors on Grey's Anatomy treated the couple in the car.  There was nothing crossover about it - so everyone who hates Station 19 doesn't need to complain!

I love Amelia and Link.  They are adorable and real.  Sure, they're a bit messed up, but they are relatable as humans, not these perfect fictional characters like everyone else.  Link's parents in the driveway will also allow them to get back to work, which will be nice to see.

Owen is an idiot if he gets back together with Teddy.  I hope he realizes that all they should ever be is just friends, and nothing more.

All this screen time that they are giving McIrish lately... is it supposed to help us like him as a character?  Because it doesn't.  At least not for me.

I thought Jackson already donated all of his inheritance money to that contest (and maybe new award?) a few years back.  Richard made his cancer detecting pen, and... well, I don't remember anyone else's ideas, but they had some good ones.  I think Amelia was trying to save the girl with a brain tumor who wanted to be a Broadway singer, and they kept blowing up glass beakers with lasers?  Anyway, I thought Jackson was just "doctor rich" now and not "Avery trust-fund baby rich rich."  Did I miss something?  Is he using the foundation's money for the hotel rooms and the ideas that he and the new doctor are going to come up with?  

• Love 1
(edited)

I am glad that Owen said outright that he wasn't sure that he would ever have more than friendship to offer Teddy again but I thought the conclusion from the Teddy-centric episode was that what she did with Tom wasn't out of character for her, that she dated Allison when Allison was dating their third roommate. And I still think it's weird that it still hasn't been a conversation between them that Teddy chose to name their daughter after her dead lesbian lover.

Out of all the things Meredith has heard and done since being on the vent, her first words to Webber are about Jo wanting to change specialties? Really?

I wonder if the ultimate result of the Jackson/Lisa Vidal partnership is that Jackson is going to decide he wants to work as a doctor to the underprivileged. 

Did Maggie not tell anyone she got engaged?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I thought Jackson already donated all of his inheritance money to that contest (and maybe new award?) a few years back.  Richard made his cancer detecting pen, and... well, I don't remember anyone else's ideas, but they had some good ones.  I think Amelia was trying to save the girl with a brain tumor who wanted to be a Broadway singer, and they kept blowing up glass beakers with lasers?  Anyway, I thought Jackson was just "doctor rich" now and not "Avery trust-fund baby rich rich."  Did I miss something?  Is he using the foundation's money for the hotel rooms and the ideas that he and the new doctor are going to come up with?  

I think Jackson gave all his money to the new Catherine Fox Foundation, but maybe he has some power with how that money is used? There was millions of inheritance dollars, and I don't think all of it went to that contest. I thought the social worker turned doctor was a bit harsh with him. He was TRYING to help. But I'm glad they are going to work together.

I really like Amelia and Lincoln together. It's amazing because a few seasons ago I really hated Amelia, and now she and Linc are one of my favorite parts of the show.

I am happy the car accident victim asked his wife for the annulment. She was awful on Station 19 and then awful again here. Don't marry people you have only known three months.

How long has it been since Jo has been talking about changing specialties? Has she done anything in this time, or does she just keep talking about it? And is she aware that sometimes an OB has to give terrible news to mothers?

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I am glad that Owen said outright that he wasn't sure that he would ever have more than friendship to offer Teddy again but I thought the conclusion from the Teddy-centric episode was that what she did with Tom wasn't out of character for her, that she dated Allison when Allison was dating their third roommate. And I still think it's weird that it still hasn't been a conversation between them that Teddy chose to name their daughter after her dead lesbian lover.

Out of all the things Meredith has heard and done since being on the vent, her first words to Webber are about Jo wanting to change specialties? Really?

I wonder if the ultimate result of the Jackson/Lisa Vidal partnership is that Jackson is going to decide he wants to work as a doctor to the underprivileged. 

Did Maggie not tell anyone she got engaged?

;Well since everybody in the ER watched it would seem that the news would have gotten around...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Rich people almost never give away all of their money, they always keep at least a few million to continue living comfortably. Also, it was mentioned once that Jackson is/was worth $250,000,000 (just his personal wealth, not any foundation money he may control). He can fund a lot of contests and hotel rooms before he's in any danger of running out.

The actress who plays Link's mother played Angela Chase's mother on My So-Called Life in the '90s. She's barely aged since then.

3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I know that the show always treats Meredith as the sun and everything revolves around her, but that last scene where the three black doctors worshiped the white sun just sat wrong.

I hated that. She didn't even do anything worth worshipping. Sure, be happy that she's off the vent and seems to be recovering, but don't act like she has accomplished a super-human feat.

• Love 5
(edited)

Awww, I loved seeing Patty Chase as Linc's mom!

The thing I enjoyed the most about Amelia and Linc this week is acknowledging that they don't have to get married. You can coparent and live together and be in a committed relationship without that piece of paper. It always makes me shake my head when people say they're "doing the right thing" and getting married because they got knocked up and had a kid. If you weren't ready to get married before you got pregnant, what makes you think you should get married just because you got pregnant? Their relationship is fine the way it is and if one day they both decide that they want to be married, then great. But until then, they're good. You should only get married if you want to get married.

I didn't care about any of the patients of the week (sorry, baby Arthur, but McWidow's involvement automatically makes me disinterested).

I get why Ortiz was upset about what Avery was doing, but there are more diplomatic/polite ways to get your point of view across than yelling at your boss in a parking lot tent in front of your coworkers. All she had to was explain what the issue was instead of making a scene. Not all bosses would take that kind of behavior so calmly.

4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Rich people almost never give away all of their money, they always keep at least a few million to continue living comfortably. Also, it was mentioned once that Jackson is/was worth $250,000,000 (just his personal wealth, not any foundation money he may control). He can fund a lot of contests and hotel rooms before he's in any danger of running out.

Jackson definitely still has a buttload of money left. There's no way that he would have given it ALL away because he knows he has Harriet to think of.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

There's no way that he would have given it ALL away because he knows he has Harriet to think of.

I vaguely remember him saying after he gave all his money to Harper Averys victims that he had set aside some for Harriet.

• Love 4

I realize it's a show but social worker doctor yelling at Avery was silly. In real life, if I was trying to do good (which he clearly was and he was actually doing good for those he was helping), and someone feels the need to yell at me like that about it, after I absorbed the legit point they were trying to make, I would still think of them as a jerk. Because she interacted with him in a "I'm so mad!" way multiple times. Not an accidental spur of the moment flare up. So, I'd file away in my head "this person is a jerk who unfairly blames people for things they didn't cause."

I agree on "how many episodes do we get to see Jo talk about OB without doing anything?" They always make Jo such a boring character. I guess since she stopped talking about her car all the time, she has to talk about OB all the time. I also hope she realize it's not always happy. I had the realization talking to a coworker who was also the daughter of my kids pediatrician. He's an awesome pediatrician and we had only gone to him for normal stuff and a few things that scared us but resolved easily. I thought of his job as fun watching patients grow up from the first visit in the hospital until they became adults. She mentioned times when he has had to talk to parents about things like their baby has cancer. That made me realize how hard the job could be. 

One part that was funny was Bailey continually awkwardly saying the wrong thing in front of Owen.

I see the work around for Teddy is that her Korasic behavior was a one time out of character event that Owen should have recognized as a sign something was off. Kind of like brain tumor behavior. Ok, show. We'll just try to forget all the stuff that led up to that. I mean if you pretend that is true, Teddy is a lot less awful.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I know, but I just watched that episode not too long ago in my re-watch, and he/they sure acted like he gave all of that $250million away.  Maybe he kept a little bit (which would still be a lot to the normal person), invested well, and made a bunch of it back since then.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

The actress who plays Link's mother played Angela Chase's mother on My So-Called Life in the '90s. She's barely aged since then.

I hated that. She didn't even do anything worth worshipping. Sure, be happy that she's off the vent and seems to be recovering, but don't act like she has accomplished a super-human feat.

If I had a good friend who had been at death's door for a while and I as a doctor had fought to keep her alive and she woke up you can be sure that I would be celebrating.  At this point in the pandemic a win is a win and worth celebrating.

• Love 5
(edited)

ughhh so much ughhh

Link and Amelia are now the best couple on this show, how did that happen.

Amelia needs to be saying thanks every day she got away from the shitshow that is Owen.

I am happy they saved that child with the heart.  I don't remember McWidow's specialty but Maggie is cardio genius why does he have better ideas?  Is that a thing, do neuro surgeons have brilliant plans for like general surgeries and vice versa

Jackson and woman whose name I cannot remember scene.  Why do people act like everything is common knowledge?  I am a female POC and I don't know about hotel discounts for lower income covid patients...why is the assumption Jackson would know?  It really annoys me when people act like you should know about every injustice, that's impossible.  Inform the person and give them opportunity to do the right thing.  Save your judgment for if they don't do the right thing after knowing.  

The last part is for Owen:

Dear Owen:

I have never really liked you.  I didn't like the way you showed up the hospital and mutilated a lot of pigs without a trigger warning.  I didn't like how you were paired with my favorite, the genius Christina Yang.  You immediately judged her for not having "enough feelings" in the hospital which is sexist and not your place. Then after she explained that she had been through trauma (her family was in an accident) and is the best for it, a explanation which in my opinion you didn't deserve.   Then you cheated on her, like a creep.  Then they tossed you at Amelia, a woman I thought was annoying but now realize it was your proximity to her.  You cheated on her with Teddy, someone you have a kept on the backburner forever and finally settled for...so I don't like you.  You are cheat, a mess, and mostly a jerk. However Teddy is a calculating sociopath with two therapy appointments under her belt. She lied to you, cheated on you and then humiliated you at work and brought your children into it.  So even I, want more for you.  People should earn forgiveness, what has she done to earn yours?

XOXO

Your Frenemy and not exactly a fan,

DMC

Edited by dmc
  • LOL 15
  • Love 6
(edited)

Link and Amelia are a good couple. 

I actually like Dr. Hayes aka McIrish aka McWidow aka Cristina's gift. 

I think Jo changing specialties to OB is so stupid. I get her reasoning, but her timing especially is the worst. 

These barely a crossover but "crossover event"-billed episodes are overkill. There was one two weeks ago, and 50 more before it. Enough. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I am happy the car accident victim asked his wife for the annulment. She was awful on Station 19 and then awful again here. Don't marry people you have only known three months.

I wasn't expecting him to do that and I jumped for joy when he did. 😅

• Love 4

I already don't like the social worker doctor.  Just because you work for the poor and underprivileged doesn't justify snapping and acting like an asshole towards someone else who, by the way, is also helping people.   

Just as I was kind of warming up to Amelia just a little bit, she managed to throw ice water on things with her Debbie Downer act.  Yes, she's had some rough times with the brain tumor and addiction, but she's in a good place now with Linc.  Somehow, I predict she'll manage to fuck things up 'cause that's just how she rolls. 

• Love 3

Were Meredith's first words when she woke up about Jo changing specialties?  Not about her kids? Not about poor Amelia and Linc who suddenly found themselves having to care for 4 young children instead of one?  I see why Amelia loved Linc's mother. I can't imagine what it must have been like for her taking care of the kids for months with no break.

Amelia and Linc together are great. See show, couples that calmly talk things out like adults can be interesting too.

I really hope Krista isn't going to put Owen and Teddy together again. They can be friends but getting back together should be off the table.

8 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I realize it's a show but social worker doctor yelling at Avery was silly. In real life, if I was trying to do good (which he clearly was and he was actually doing good for those he was helping), and someone feels the need to yell at me like that about it, after I absorbed the legit point they were trying to make, I would still think of them as a jerk.

This show likes to make everything into melodrama, quite unnecessarily (see Linc and Amelia). I understand the intern's point though.

Jackson was trying to solve the problem by playing Lord Bountiful without understanding the actual problem and in so doing, making things worse (something that drives me crazy about Max on New Amsterdam).  In paying full room rates with his magic credit card, he was keeping other people with Covid from being able to get their own hotel rooms because the hotel was refusing a reduced rate.

Maybe as an intern she thought that she couldn't speak up earlier (there was a lot of trepidation as she went to that meeting in the board room). Maybe it was Covid and it suddenly boiled over as it has for other characters. I'll wait a few more episodes to see if she really is a jerk or if it's just for the drama.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Were Meredith's first words when she woke up about Jo changing specialties?  Not about her kids? Not about poor Amelia and Linc who suddenly found themselves having to care for 4 young children instead of one?  I see why Amelia loved Linc's mother. I can't imagine what it must have been like for her taking care of the kids for months with no break.

Amelia and Linc together are great. See show, couples that calmly talk things out like adults can be interesting too.

I really hope Krista isn't going to put Owen and Teddy together again. They can be friends but getting back together should be off the table.

This show likes to make everything into melodrama, quite unnecessarily (see Linc and Amelia). I understand the intern's point though.

Jackson was trying to solve the problem by playing Lord Bountiful without understanding the actual problem and in so doing, making things worse (something that drives me crazy about Max on New Amsterdam).  In paying full room rates with his magic credit card, he was keeping other people with Covid from being able to get their own hotel rooms because the hotel was refusing a reduced rate.

Maybe as an intern she thought that she couldn't speak up earlier (there was a lot of trepidation as she went to that meeting in the board room). Maybe it was Covid and it suddenly boiled over as it has for other characters. I'll wait a few more episodes to see if she really is a jerk or if it's just for the drama.

the character might end up not being a jerk--but real life: total jerk. It wasn't one moment of being upset. There was the first interaction. Then he takes action to fix it and she's still so mad at him but not really at him but because of bigger issues that will never be totally fixed. I get this is what Grey's does but it's really annoying when you think about it. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I find Amelia to be such a fucking downer. Even if all her feelings are justified.  Just bang your attractive boyfriend and enjoy the silence.  

I’m afraid I have to sympathize with Amelia here. Even when you have an attractive boyfriend and a moment of silence, sometimes those dang old feelings come sneaking up on you.  Or so I’ve heard. 

• Love 10
(edited)
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I understand the intern's point of view too. But is there a reason she couldn't have told Jackson without yelling at him? He was responsive as soon as she told him the issue.

I know she was just upset, but it seemed a bit much.

Edited by KaveDweller
spelling
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I thought the social worker turned doctor was a bit harsh with him. He was TRYING to help. But I'm glad they are going to work together.

13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I get why Ortiz was upset about what Avery was doing, but there are more diplomatic/polite ways to get your point of view across than yelling at your boss in a parking lot tent in front of your coworkers. All she had to was explain what the issue was instead of making a scene. Not all bosses would take that kind of behavior so calmly.

8 hours ago, dmc said:

Jackson and woman whose name I cannot remember scene.  Why do people act like everything is common knowledge?  I am a female POC and I don't know about hotel discounts for lower income covid patients...why is the assumption Jackson would know?  It really annoys me when people act like you should know about every injustice, that's impossible.  Inform the person and give them opportunity to do the right thing.  Save your judgment for if they don't do the right thing after knowing.  

1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I understand the intern's point of view too. But ifs there a reason she couldn't have told Jackson without yelling at him? He was responsive as soon as she told him the issue.

This bothered me the most this episode, even more than the Sun's first words being about Jo, even more than whiny Amelia, even more than McIrish.  Why did she think she had the right to scream at her boss, who was (albeit misguided) trying to do something nice?  How could he have known?  You think he's up on all that shit?  I would have fired her, not tried to work with her.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, madmax said:

This bothered me the most this episode, even more than the Sun's first words being about Jo, even more than whiny Amelia, even more than McIrish.  Why did she think she had the right to scream at her boss, who was (albeit misguided) trying to do something nice?  How could he have known?  You think he's up on all that shit?  I would have fired her, not tried to work with her.

Jackson is the nicest.  He’s always trying to do the right thing.  All she had to do was let him know.  The yelling was unnecessary.  He would have tried to help those people too. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Were Meredith's first words when she woke up about Jo changing specialties? 

To be fair, Meredith's first words were to thank Richard for making a tough decision and then telling him she was glad that she chose him to make her medical decisions. AND THEN she said they needed to talk about Jo (because hey, who cares about the gaggle of kids who are waiting for you at home, right?).

1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I understand the intern's point of view too. But ifs there a reason she couldn't have told Jackson without yelling at him? He was responsive as soon as she told him the issue.

ITA - she was certainly entitled to be upset by the inadvertent consequences of his actions and she was right to tell him about the havoc he was unintentionally wreaking, but she could have just taken him aside and said, "I appreciate your desire to help some of the people here who have tested positive and have nowhere to go, but I'm guessing you don't know that there are other organizations doing the same thing. They receive a discounted rate from hotels, but when you book an entire floor at full price on your credit card, you are getting some of these people who are in the same situation kicked out of the same rooms to accommodate the people you are trying to help. Instead of just handing over a credit card, you should contact this organization and work with them." I mean, that's essentially what she said but without all the yelling. It's possible to convey your message without being a combative jerk.

• Love 6

I thought that Bailey was always yelling at people. And then I met Catherine who's far worse.

Yelling seems to be something that this show thinks strong WOC do.

ETA to add that Amelia does it too.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that Bailey was always yelling at people. And then I met Catherine who's far worse.

Yelling seems to be something that this show thinks strong WOC do.

ETA to add that Amelia does it too.

I feel like there's just a lot of yelling on this show in general. Owen does it, too.

• Love 3

They really drew out Meredith waking up.  Then only gave us one scene.  To quote Izzy, "Seriously?"

I really loved the Amelia and Linc scenes.  I can't decide whether it was because it was nice to see Amelia being so open and Linc trying to process everything she told him or because there really was no Corona Virus,  with people wearing PPE. 

The Maggie and McIrish dynamic was interesting.  I think McIrish seems to have more of a connection with Jo than with Meredith, however, that might be because he has spent more time with Jo than Meredith.  When McIrish is not being cranky, I find he is very likable. 

Bailey cracked me up when that guy asked for an annulment.  It was priceless. 

Please, please, please don't pair Owen with Teddy again.  Friends, I can deal with, but not together! 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I’m afraid I have to sympathize with Amelia here. Even when you have an attractive boyfriend and a moment of silence, sometimes those dang old feelings come sneaking up on you.  Or so I’ve heard. 

Like I said, her feelings are valid. This is also her MO. Which is why I called her a downer. I even get why she is the way she is. I watched Private Practice as well so I know she's been through even more than we see here. But my God. Just enjoy yourself once in a while. 

Linc has been going batty during covid . I just wanted to see my man enjoy some happiness for a day. And she earned it as well.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MarylandGirl said:

I feel like there's just a lot of yelling on this show in general. Owen does it, too.

Yes. Back in the day, we called Owen “McScreamy”. 

Regarding this episode, I didn’t find the intern former social worker’s behavior offensive, as she did most of the confrontation with Jackson privately in the tent after their initial public discussion. Also, her accent, very Bronx. As a New Yorker, I related to her. That is what we do. We communicate emotionally, effusively, and bluntly.

Jackson was born into privilege but he wants to leverage that privilege into assistance for those in need, especially communities of color. I liked that Jackson gave the doctor former SW a notepad to list her concerns - and then he acted upon what she wrote. 

I thought Giacomo Giannotto (fka Andrew DeLuca) did a fine job in his directorial debut with this episode. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, madmax said:

Why do people act like everything is common knowledge? 

This! This show is one of the worst for it because it’s used as an excuse for whoever (intern in this instance) to get all righteous and scream etc but how the fuck can anyone learn if you don’t explain to them. It’s so annoying that the other person (Jackson in this instance) is supposed to be the bad guy for not being in the know. It’s just arrogant and annoying and another excuse for the show to harp on about the underprivileged in the US.

• Love 5

"Get up!! GET UP!!"

and

"Well, now I feel terrible."

"I'm sure it won't last long."

😂

I really like Linc, and I've never hated Amelia. I like that two people were allowed to act like adults, and they seem more like a real couple to me, because their drama has been more realistic. No, "I have to start dating now" because she isn't ready to get married, and his best friend is telling him to move on.

• Love 10

I can't believe that I am writing about how much Amelia has grown on me. I used to really dislike her character. She and Linc are terrific together. I hope that their happiness continues. They have really risen to the occasion by taking care of 3 kids and an infant while still being crazy about each other. No small feat. Loved seeing Bess Armstrong! 

OTOH, I still dislike Owen and Teddy. 

• Love 6

There’s nothing worse then when you feel characters being shoved down your throat. I think Amelia and Maggie have both been turned around a lot in the last two years and I think it’s because they’ve stopped trying so damn hard to make fetch happen with them. They also don’t push the sisters aspect as much as they used to. Having said that they still push it too much.

With Amelia, getting her away from Owen and pairing her with Link helped immensely. With Maggie, once they stopped pushing the god awful Jackson/Maggie pairing and having every second character refer to how amazing she was I found I liked her a lot more. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, LisaM said:

I can't believe that I am writing about how much Amelia has grown on me. I used to really dislike her character. She and Linc are terrific together. I hope that their happiness continues. They have really risen to the occasion by taking care of 3 kids and an infant while still being crazy about each other. No small feat. Loved seeing Bess Armstrong! 

OTOH, I still dislike Owen and Teddy. 

I agree about Bess Armstrong but, to be honest, the only thing I recognized about her was her voice.  I rewatched her scene 3 times.

I, too, still dislike Owen and Teddy....especially Teddy.

• Love 1

My unpopular opinion: I wouldn’t care (or even mind) if they put Mer back into her coma for good. I find her boring and unappealing. 

That said, I wonder if the fact that her waking comments were both responses to Richard and Jo’s comments of the last few ... minutes? Hours? Days? ... and not about her kids could be teasing some sort of larger memory loss of her life outside the hospital when she DOES come to ... Zola who? Ellis who? Bailey who? 

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

My unpopular opinion: I wouldn’t care (or even mind) if they put Mer back into her coma for good. I find her boring and unappealing. 

That said, I wonder if the fact that her waking comments were both responses to Richard and Jo’s comments of the last few ... minutes? Hours? Days? ... and not about her kids could be teasing some sort of larger memory loss of her life outside the hospital when she DOES come to ... Zola who? Ellis who? Bailey who? 

I thought it was because she's been having all of these conversations with Derek, George, Lexie, and Mark. She's apparently heard people like the Irish guy, talking about her kids, too. 

• Useful 1
On 4/9/2021 at 10:26 PM, kurtz said:

As a New Yorker, I related to her. That is what we do. We communicate emotionally, effusively, and bluntly.

I grew up on Long Island and am still blunt after 41 years in Seattle!

It also seems like Ortiz has gotten stuck with the “fiery Latina” stereotype. You’d think the writers would know better these days. Oh, wait, they also wrote Teddy and Owen and dragged out Meredith on the beach most of the season. Never mind...

Edited by CarpeFelis
typo
  • Love 4

Meredith reacted to the most recent person who spoke to her.  Richard was sitting quietly waiting for her to wake up, but Jo was the one there just before him.  Also, if she is rather coherent, she knows that her children aren't allowed to come see her in the COVID ward, or even the hospital in general.  Would Richard really know how they were or what they were up to anyway?  It's not like she was going to immediately facetime them 30 seconds after waking up...  So she talked about what she could talk about.  I actually didn't find it weird at all.  She'll wait for Maggie or Amelia to come visit her to ask about the kids.  (Also remember one of the times when she was in the hospital, with her jaw wired shut, and the kids came to visit her?  They were scared and ran away.  I'm sure she doesn't want to do that to them again.)  

• Love 6

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jackson only booked one floor of one hotel, right? Even if he booked multiple floors at multiple hotels, how on earth did that screw up the entire social services plan for all of Seattle? They have other hotels, right? And this is supposed to be taking place sometime in 2020 before there was even a vaccine. Hotels were pretty empty at the time (and still haven't recovered). Maybe you can't get a cheap rate at the Omni but I'm sure the Days Inn has lots of room to spare.

I stayed at a mid-range hotel last summer, and all the amenities were closed. No bar, no restaurant, no room service, etc. So it doesn't really matter what hotel you're staying at if the point is to quarantine alone for 2 weeks. You just need a room.

This intern lady acted like Jackson bought out every hotel in Seattle.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jackson only booked one floor of one hotel, right? Even if he booked multiple floors at multiple hotels, how on earth did that screw up the entire social services plan for all of Seattle? They have other hotels, right? And this is supposed to be taking place sometime in 2020 before there was even a vaccine. Hotels were pretty empty at the time (and still haven't recovered). Maybe you can't get a cheap rate at the Omni but I'm sure the Days Inn has lots of room to spare.

I stayed at a mid-range hotel last summer, and all the amenities were closed. No bar, no restaurant, no room service, etc. So it doesn't really matter what hotel you're staying at if the point is to quarantine alone for 2 weeks. You just need a room.

I'm not sure I caught how many rooms he booked, but apparently the issue was that he was paying full price, and the charitable programs had discounts.  She said that the hotels stopped working with the charities when they heard that a wealthy doctor would pay full price.  What I didn't get is how that happened so quickly?  Maybe she meant that they were afraid that the hotels would stop, not already did stop?  Either way, it was blown out of proportion, I agree.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

17 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm not sure I caught how many rooms he booked, but apparently the issue was that he was paying full price, and the charitable programs had discounts.  She said that the hotels stopped working with the charities when they heard that a wealthy doctor would pay full price.  What I didn't get is how that happened so quickly?  Maybe she meant that they were afraid that the hotels would stop, not already did stop?  Either way, it was blown out of proportion, I agree.

Schmitt: I’ve booked 18 hotel rooms. The manager wondered if you’d rather book a whole floor.
Jackson: Well, we got a lot of positives. Tell him we’ll take all the rooms we can get.
[...]
Ortiz: You’re booking up hotel rooms. So is Seattle Partners.
Jackson: Okay. I’ve heard of them. A group of, uh, community organizations, right?
Ortiz: Longstanding community organizations that have been providing housing and wrap-around services for people who test positive for COVID in low-income neighborhoods.
Jackson: Okay. So the more the better, so what’s the-
Ortiz: Yeah, maybe in theory, but they can’t book their hotel rooms at their discounted rates because a local doctor is booking them at full price. And hotels are kicking people out to make room for your new arrivals.

• Useful 5
On 4/9/2021 at 7:02 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

To be fair, Meredith's first words were to thank Richard for making a tough decision and then telling him she was glad that she chose him to make her medical decisions. AND THEN she said they needed to talk about Jo (because hey, who cares about the gaggle of kids who are waiting for you at home, right?).

Much like with me when the show remembers that Meredith has 3 children -- the character herself forgets that plotline too. We both go.. wait! what? 3 kids? oh yeah....

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Schmitt: I’ve booked 18 hotel rooms. The manager wondered if you’d rather book a whole floor.
Jackson: Well, we got a lot of positives. Tell him we’ll take all the rooms we can get.
[...]
Ortiz: You’re booking up hotel rooms. So is Seattle Partners.
Jackson: Okay. I’ve heard of them. A group of, uh, community organizations, right?
Ortiz: Longstanding community organizations that have been providing housing and wrap-around services for people who test positive for COVID in low-income neighborhoods.
Jackson: Okay. So the more the better, so what’s the-
Ortiz: Yeah, maybe in theory, but they can’t book their hotel rooms at their discounted rates because a local doctor is booking them at full price. And hotels are kicking people out to make room for your new arrivals.

She could have calmly explained the situation to Jackson instead of shouting and acting like he did something wrong or illegal. 

But oh, that's right, he's loaded so he must be a bad guy.  🙄

• Love 3

apparently the issue was that he was paying full price, and the charitable programs had discounts.  She said that the hotels stopped working with the charities when they heard that a wealthy doctor would pay full price.

As if every freaking hotel in Seattle heard that Jackson was booking rooms at full price. As if. As if there were a possibility that Jackson would book every damn room at every damn hotel in Seattle. As if. So Seattle Partners couldn't get a discount rate anywhere in Seattle because of Jackson.

Sure.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, taanja said:

Much like with me when the show remembers that Meredith has 3 children -- the character herself forgets that plotline too. We both go.. wait! what? 3 kids? oh yeah....

Speaking of forgotten children, I only saw 2 of Meredith's get into Linc's parents camper.  Did they forget how many there were or was Ellis hiding in the corner, watching Amelia cry?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3