Type keyword(s) to search

S1.E9: One Bad Mother

• Start Topic

When Lane's judgmental mom comes to town, Lane tries to hide anything that she may disapprove of; Freddie attempts to hide his professional success to make Jackie feel better about her current difficulties.

3 hours ago, cinsays said:

well, this episode was better than the last few, still not great, but not horrible. guess that's the best I can say. Is this being renewed?

I agree.  Guess I'll watch the next one!  

(edited)

I actually laughed once.
Well, it was more of a snort.
When Lane said, "I'm gonna need a bigger rolling pin" and took a swig of the wine.
I look forward to seeing Austin Crute (Lane) on anything else.
And the person who played Lane's mom was good with Kyra.

But I probably also only laughed because when visiting my parents I had to use a wine bottle to honor their request for my homemade flour tortillas because my sister had thrown away the rolling pin in one of her purges during her visits. [problem family]
And now I'm sad because I would have liked to have kept Dad's rolling pin. He learned to make apple pies in the Army during WWII and continued to love to bake and cook until his death at 91.

Yeah. 
This show is not funny for me.

I hated:

• Blowing off job opportunities
  • Sleepwalking into someone else's bed 
  • Pitiful daughter
Edited by shapeshifter
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I actually laughed once.
Well, it was more of a snort.
When Lane said, "I'm gonna need a bigger rolling pin" and took a swig of the wine.
I look forward to seeing Austin Crute (Lane) on anything else.
And the person who played Lane's mom was good with Kyra.

But I probably also only laughed because when visiting my parents I had to use a wine bottle to honor their request for my homemade flour tortillas because my sister had thrown away the rolling pin in one of her purges during her visits. [problem family]
And now I'm sad because I would have liked to have kept Dad's rolling pin. He learned to make apple pies in the Army during WWII and continued to love to bake and cook until his death at 91.

Yeah. 
This show is not funny for me.

I hated:

• Blowing off job opportunities
  • Sleepwalking into someone else's bed 
  • Pitiful daughter

agreed on all, same on the hates

i think sherry shepard did the best she could with the role, but. yeah, not funny

i can't seem to warm to many in the cast, though, besides kyra

nice memory of your dear father

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

This is just an awful show - nobody is root-worthy.  How embarrassing for Kyra Sedgwick.

And I doubt Kyra needs the paycheck. But maybe she figures she’s keeping others employed? 
Including some who would not otherwise be employed doing what they’re doing here under any economic or other circumstances?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 1
On 4/2/2021 at 8:57 AM, chitowngirl said:

She might-she and Kevin lost just about everything in the Bernie Madoff scandal.

FWIW, from https://meaww.com/kyra-sedgwick-husband-kevin-bacon-bernie-madoff-ponzi-scheme-money-lost-100-million-net-worth

…Bacon and Sedgwick have a joint net worth of an estimated $90 million after their giant loss due to Madoff's scheme that conned investors out of billions… 

…Bacon and Sedgwick have never addressed the exact amount they lost, with the actor only revealing they lost 'a lot of money', reports The Washington Post, adding that the actor insisted that they weren't financially the worst off after the incident. He said: "There were so many people who got hit so much harder than us." 

So I’m still leaning more towards Kyra being more likely to think she’s doing a favor for those employed by the show, regardless of whether that may be the case. 
And I don’t mean that I think the show should stay on the air. 
But there are plenty of other equally bad shows that should be axed for aesthetic reasons too. 
IDK. If someone finds it amusing and no entertainment industry workers are being harmed by the production of the show, should I care if they leave it on? 
Maybe. Is there such a thing as harmless mind pollution?

• Love 1