Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation For Echo

tv echo
  • Start Topic

This is not related to Echo, the NBC drama pilot (which has its own thread here)...

‘Hawkeye’ Spinoff Series About Echo in Early Development for Disney Plus (EXCLUSIVE)
By Jordan Moreau   March 22, 2021
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/hawkeye-disney-plus-echo-spinoff-1234934667/

A show centered on Echo, a deaf Native American character who will be played by Alaqua Cox in the “Hawkeye” series, is in the early stages of development for Disney Plus, Variety has learned exclusively from sources. Etan Cohen and Emily Cohen are attached to write and executive produce the show, with a writers’ room recently being assembled. Marvel Studios will produce.
Echo, whose real name is Maya Lopez, has the ability to perfectly copy another person’s movements or fighting style, making her a formidable opponent in battle. In the Marvel comics, Echo crosses paths with characters like Daredevil, Moon Knight and the Avengers. She was also the first person to hold the title of Ronin before passing it onto Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, in the comics. At the beginning of  “Avengers: Endgame,” Barton (Jeremy Renner) briefly used the name Ronin and went rogue from the Avengers after losing his family in Thanos’ snap.
Variety exclusively reported in December that newcomer Cox and several other cast members were joining the “Hawkeye” series. The show will be Cox’s on-screen debut. Whether or not the show goes to series remains to be seen, but it would come as little surprise if Marvel began building out its expanding television universe even more with characters from its current crop of shows at Disney Plus.

‘Hawkeye’ Spinoff Series About Deaf Marvel Superhero In Works At Disney+
By Anthony D'Alessandro    March 22, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/03/hawkeye-spinoff-series-about-deaf-marvel-superhero-in-works-at-disney-1234719469/

Deadline has confirmed that a Hawkeye spinoff series centering around that series’ character Echo is in early development with Etan Cohen and Emily Cohen set to write and executive produce. Echo (aka Maya Lopez) is a deaf Native American superhero who has the talent to imitate any opponent’s fighting style. She has also been in the circles of Daredevil, Moon Knight and the Avengers.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Hawkeye: David Mack Talks Echo Spinoff, Updates HBO Max "Cover" Adapt
Posted on June 6, 2021 by Ray Flook|
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/hawkeye-david-mack-talks-echo-spinoff-updates-hbo-max-cover-adapt/ 

... Now we're hearing more from Echo co-creator and renowned artist David Mack regarding Alaqua Cox's portrayal of the deaf and indigenous superhero Maya Lopez aka Echo as buzz continues to grow over the character receiving a spinoff series. Taking to Instagram, Mack now only shared his thoughts on those developments but also on other characters both he and Brian Michael Bendis created (together and individually) before offering a brief update on how things are looking with the Cover adaptation over at HBO Max.
"Looks like a character I created at #MARVEL is getting her own tv show. #ECHO, who is deaf & indigenous is being played by an actor who is deaf & indigenous. I taught at the School for the Deaf in Africa, Asia, & Europe, in my work for the US State Dept, & the students love Echo & will be happy about this. …. also gives hope for the KABUKI tv series… What do you think about this? #ECHO #AlaquaCox & #IronHeart w #DominiqueThorne created by [Brian Michael Bendis] my creative partner on #COVER. We are in Zoom calls each week working on the new #COVER series from [HBO Max]… Brian writes it. I'm directing it. From our creator-owned comic series. In TPB & Comixology now. Inspired by my travels overseas for the US State Dept," wrote Mack in the post- followed by the teaser, "& new comic series of it in the works too…"- which you can check out below:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPySYhLh8Yd/ 

The Instagram pic linked above listed a January 2022 Marvel Studios production date for 'ECHO.'

Edited by tv echo