Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Second Guessing

• Start Topic

Rebecca lives mere minutes from Molly and Cynthia.  They know each other!  Molly already did a bra fitting on Rebecca.  And let me tell you, if you never watched Double Divas, Cynthia can sew anything.  She is an amazing seamstress.  Not many people will tackle modifying a bra, but she does it multiple times a day.  She could have easily thrown a panel in the back of that dress (which was a pretty dress) and taken away the need for that corset.  It wasn't even a pretty corset with lace.  It was clearly a true "foundation garment".  Ugh.  

Rebecca looked happy, and to me that's what really matters with a bride.  But I could just FEEL that damn corset digging into the sensitive armpit area.  I bet the minute that Cinderella pumpkin crossed over the first hill, she stopped the carriage and said unzip me!  this is killing me!

• Love 12
15 hours ago, readheaded said:

To be fair, he may be a mechanic or have another job where his hands and nails get stained and look dirty when they're not.  He could also just be a dirtball.  

I'm not denigrating anyone's job, no shame in hard work...but you're at a wedding, I mean jeez, I don't expect the guy to own a tux or even wear a suit (this whole charade is ridiculous) but WASH YOUR HANDS, even if it's just for covid safety at the time!

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I'm not denigrating anyone's job, no shame in hard work...but you're at a wedding, I mean jeez, I don't expect the guy to own a tux or even wear a suit (this whole charade is ridiculous) but WASH YOUR HANDS, even if it's just for covid safety at the time!

I didn’t think you were, but just pointing out that they could have washed their hands a ton and their hands would still look like that.  I totally agree about their clothes, though.  I come from a blue-collar family and know that dressing up isn’t everyone’s thing and sometimes, people really don’t have money to spend on clothes they’ll wear once, but surely in this case, they could have made more of an effort.  

• Love 6
19 hours ago, mamadrama said:

NONE of these people go into this with concerns about how they might look. They just assume they're awesome and will be beloved. (That's why they're all gunning for spots on Pillow Talk.)

In the interests of space, @mamadrama I snipped most of your excellent post, but I wanted especially to address this last bit--I read something once that really stayed with me (paraphrasing) "even the biggest asshole in the world thinks he's a nice guy". These idiots all think they are great, wonderful people and that we will see their special wonderfulness in all its glory. If not, they will cry about editing. 

18 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

And Brandon needs to learn that a gentleman takes the end of the tub with the plumbing fixtures so his partner doesn't have to lean on them.

Reminds me of that old Rumpole of the Bailey story, "Rumpole and the Tap End"! 

13 hours ago, candall said:

I haven't been watching consistently, but wasn't Rebecca's big complaint that Zied insisted on living apart during Ramadan while they were unmarried?  I just find her attitude incredibly stupid and self-absorbed.  She's marrying a Muslim man, possibly not even her first Muslim partner--has she bothered to learn anything??

--From sunup to sundown, you don't taste a bite of food, you don't take a sip of water.  Smokers white-knuckle it and don't puff.  No gum.  That should be common knowledge for anyone in Rebecca's position.

--Extra-marital affairs aren't approved at any time, but if you're in one, you're expected to abstain completely during Ramadan.  That took me five seconds to Google.

What's wrong with this sad bish?  She's so cringingly desperate--why doesn't she at least try?

Rebecca's just doing her best to fulfill Sharp's brief--be as ignorant, xenophobic and bigoted as possible. As you say, she's married two Muslim men. Yet she seems to neither know nor care about the religion. Will we get a scene where she pouts because Zied won't eat a pulled pork sandwich? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

It shows how seriously they take her fourth trip down the aisle. I've been to an outdoor wedding; you can still wear nice stuff if you want to.

I had a casual outdoor wedding at my parents' home, and all of our guests were dressed very nicely and appropriately for the occasion. (Even our neighbors from across the street who weren't formally invited but we waved them over, looked nice). 

15 hours ago, candall said:

I called a nice hotel last week and used my credit card to reserve a room as a treat for a friend who was driving across the country.  Didn't seem to be a problem.

I book hotels for my boss all the time. She is often invited places to deliver lectures and keynote addresses, and the folks who invite her reimburse her expenses, so I use her personal card for those, and her work travel card for her other stuff. Sometimes I use her travel card to book by mistake. I just tell her to use her personal card to pay at checkout. There has never been one single solitary problem with this. This whole concocted story must be for rubes who have never stayed at a hotel of any kind. 

12 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Moreover, Natalie has no sense of humor, and Mike is irredeemable.  Uncle Beau would provide the freakshow or comic relief, but Natalie banned him from the farm.

Yara with Non Jovi would be good, but she may be too critical, and he would be MIA or passed out.  The Pillow Talkers must be contractually obligated to fawn over the cast, including Baby Girl Lisa and Angela.  But, Loren is guarding her niche as the happy young parents with a vengeance. 

Stephanie could totally usurp Pillow Talk if she started with Ryan, replaced him with Harris, and has her psychic and cat on standby.  She could hula-hoop during the forced intermissions.  Hazel and Tarek would need their unicorn submissive, and they'd still be unbelievable and boring.

Or we could have Brandon and Julia, with Betty plunked in between them. I think Yara would be funny. 

• Love 3

I’m still confused by Rebecca’s wedding gown. I thought she said that “despite ordering it two sizes too BIG” and “it’s been altered” how did it end up at least two sizes too small and wouldn’t zip? Did she gain that much weight between ordering it and the ceremony? I’ve watched enough SYTTD to know that wedding sizes and regular dress sizing is different, so could that have been the problem? But then who altered it, possibly taking it in even more, obviously without Rebecca trying it on? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

I totally agree about their clothes, though.  I come from a blue-collar family and know that dressing up isn’t everyone’s thing and sometimes, people really don’t have money to spend on clothes they’ll wear once, but surely in this case, they could have made more of an effort.  

But there's a lot of room between what these people were wearing and clothes they will wear only once.  If nothing else, they might go to another wedding or a funeral.

I have a very minimal wardrobe--some jeans and some shorts, and t-shirts and men's polo shirts with non-cap sleeves (looking at you, Brandon), none of which is nice-event appropriate.  Dressing up is definitely not my thing, but l had to go to a wedding about 15 years ago, so I bought a pair of black pants and a pleated white shirt, and I already had a pair of non-tennis shoes, which get deployed with this outfit.  I can wear it anywhere other than a formal gala, year round, without offending anyone (unless being mistaken for a waiter is offensive). 

It's even easier for a man--just get a decent looking long-sleeved shirt with a collar, which you can wear many other places, and a pair of solid-colored pants that you don't work on the car in.  If they're so old they have pleats in this day of skinny pants, so be it--nobody's going to be offended by that.  Go nuts and keep one tie on hand.  Or don't.  The goal is to show respect for the event and the hosts, and almost anything that doesn't look like you rushed over from the deer blind will work.

4 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

I noticed the beer cans at the tux place immediately. I get its Vegas, but who the f*** takes a drink of any kind into a clothing shop? NonJovi and his buds are heathens. 

Do you mean alcoholic drink?  Because somehow take-out coffee has become acceptable anywhere

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I’m still confused by Rebecca’s wedding gown. I thought she said that “despite ordering it two sizes too BIG” and “it’s been altered” how did it end up at least two sizes too small and wouldn’t zip? 

Alterations can include letting something out.  It's possible (leaning towards likely) that she ordered it in a size 12 (for example), but the size 8 that she wears every day is a muumuu.  She's really a 14, with it being smarter to order a 16 in a fitted garment.

So the size 12 arrives; being a wedding gown, it's really more like a size 10.  There's not enough extra fabric in the seam allowances to blow that puppy to a size 16.

Would have been smarter to just buy a size 16 bolero jacket and leave the back unzipped at the top - but then the world would not have been treated to the glory of her tattoo sleeves.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

But then who altered it, possibly taking it in even more, obviously without Rebecca trying it on? 

I'm wondering if it was a used dress, and the previous owner had altered it, so even thought it was a wedding-dress-size X, it was actually smaller.

But I'm sure that would have been revealed in the description, and it's not like Rebecca to miss a detail like that. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

, @mamadramaRebecca's just doing her best to fulfill Sharp's brief--be as ignorant, xenophobic and bigoted as possible. As you say, she's married two Muslim men. Yet she seems to neither know nor care about the religion. Will we get a scene where she pouts because Zied won't eat a pulled pork sandwich? 

Rebecca will argue that since Zied isn't allowed to eat pork, and he isn't allowed to eat in the daytime during Ramadan, that's a double negative and therefore he can eat pork in the daytime during Ramadan. Quid erat demonstrandum.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I’m still confused by Rebecca’s wedding gown. I thought she said that “despite ordering it two sizes too BIG” and “it’s been altered” how did it end up at least two sizes too small and wouldn’t zip? Did she gain that much weight between ordering it and the ceremony? I’ve watched enough SYTTD to know that wedding sizes and regular dress sizing is different, so could that have been the problem? But then who altered it, possibly taking it in even more, obviously without Rebecca trying it on? 

Rebecca has a severe case of body dysmorphia (as well as age dysmorphia, if there is such a thing) and doesn’t see herself as the heifer large woman that she is. If she really saw herself for what she is, she could find some lovely clothing, size and age appropriate, that fit well and flatter her body. The clothes don’t have to be expensive. She bought a wedding gown that she thought she’d fit into (who among us hasn’t said that they plan to lose weight for an important event?), not only didn’t lose weight but gained it, and came up with a bullshit story to save face. The only thing altered was the date of the wedding—she thought she’d have more time to lose 50 pounds but Ramadan happened.

• Love 9

Regarding Rebecca’s wedding guests, I think there is nothing sexier than seeing a guy in jeans with a lightly starched crease down the leg and a freshly pressed shirt.  Shirt doesn’t need to be tucked in.  Ball cap is inappropriate.  Clean shoes, no hiking boots.  It’s so simple!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/29/2021 at 10:46 AM, bichonblitz said:

So in reality why couldn't Mike cancel his reservation at the hotel and his friend use her credit card until Mike could reimburse her the next day? 

multiple people asked variations of why Mike's friend didn't just use her credit card -- there were plenty of times in my life where I either didn't have a credit card, or didn't have room on it for any purchases. I remember coming back from a work trip (pay on my card, employer eventually reimburses, shitty shitty company policy!!!) and having to call to find out if I had enough credit left for a sandwich in the airport. Ugh. Am grateful those days are over, but I know they're not for everyone.

I was kind of a hold-out on Mike's assholeness, didn't see it as clearly as you guys did, but boy was I wrong!! I need y'all to guide me through re-entering the dating scene because clearly I miss red flags until the flagpole hits me in the face.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm wondering if it was a used dress, and the previous owner had altered it, so even thought it was a wedding-dress-size X, it was actually smaller.

She certainly treated it as a used dress, wadding it up in her suitcase like a dishrag 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

What could have happened was that Rebecca found the dress listed on somewhere like Craig’s List or eBay and although it was two sizes larger than she normally wore, the fact that it was altered made her think it would fit her. We know she wears her clothing too tight anyway, so she might have a distorted idea of correct size and  fit. But, I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe because the wedding date was pushed ahead, she didn’t have time to have it fixed when it didn’t fit her. 
I wonder if her missing engagement ring ever turned up. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But there's a lot of room between what these people were wearing and clothes they will wear only once.  If nothing else, they might go to another wedding or a funeral.

I have a very minimal wardrobe--some jeans and some shorts, and t-shirts and men's polo shirts with non-cap sleeves (looking at you, Brandon), none of which is nice-event appropriate.  Dressing up is definitely not my thing, but l had to go to a wedding about 15 years ago, so I bought a pair of black pants and a pleated white shirt, and I already had a pair of non-tennis shoes, which get deployed with this outfit.  I can wear it anywhere other than a formal gala, year round, without offending anyone (unless being mistaken for a waiter is offensive). 

It's even easier for a man--just get a decent looking long-sleeved shirt with a collar, which you can wear many other places, and a pair of solid-colored pants that you don't work on the car in.  If they're so old they have pleats in this day of skinny pants, so be it--nobody's going to be offended by that.  Go nuts and keep one tie on hand.  Or don't.  The goal is to show respect for the event and the hosts, and almost anything that doesn't look like you rushed over from the deer blind will work.

1.  This was Lol funny.

2.  I'd give anything to wear my clothes from 15 years ago.  They're still in the closet, in case I ever get there.

• LOL 3

Even Brandon’s father broke out his one and only “wedding and funeral suit” for the occasion.

I know several men who have never have an occasion to wear a suit, but pretty much all of them at least have a sports jacket even if it’s worn over a t-shirt. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I got curious and looked it up.  Virginia has a law that authorizes civilians (non-ministers) to officiate at weddings if they get an order (permission) from a judge.  There's a similar law for ministers to be able to officiate, and I saw a couple of websites that complained that some jurisdictions in Virginia are buttheads about allowing online ministers.  I have no idea what goes on on the ground there, but I can see a judge allowing Angela to officiate this one time as a non-minister, for her friends, especially during Covid.  The judge might even think it's preferable to acknowledging an online minister, if there really are issues with that.

I can't imagine this not being universal? I understand it being state-dependent, but marriage in all 50 states is a legal construct so why wouldn't the granting of an officiant be legal and leave the religious stuff up to the churches? I can't imagine having to get married by a minister. To me that would be the same as being married by an imam or rabbi or Heaven's Gate congregant.

My wife and I were married by a friend and the only emphasis the office put on anything was administrative--don't lose this paper, make sure it's signed in blue or black ink, make sure the dates and names are right, etc. While she did have to get authorized by the recorder's office, but it wasn't like a "judge grants you permission because you're super special," it was more like "ok do you swear to do all this crap correctly and not like commit marriage fraud, okay stand over there, say you swear, rubber stamp, ok go marry people."

Of course it may be six of one and a half-dozen of the other, it's just very strange that they emphasize "non-ministers" when it seems to me that the default should be just a sentient human over age 18, and you can add on the religious stuff if you choose.

Edited to add: Any or all of you could be right in your speculation about Rebecca's dress sizing shenanigans, but I may as well throw in my theory: I assumed she ordered from Wish and assumed she was the same size she'd been when she started catfishing dating Zied.

Edited by monagatuna
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Rebecca and Zied: The Cinderella coach was a bit much for a 4th wedding. But, she seemed happy. The dress wasn't great. Since she had all that time to plan the wedding, if the dress didn't fit right, she could have gone to a shop to find an alternate that did fit her. Granted, I don't know if the shops in that area were open in mid-April. Her guests looked like they were attending a different function. I wonder if Zied will want a Muslim ceremony or if the court type wedding will do.

Brandon and Julia: At least Betty gets her Mother's Day weekend back! Her dress was cute and the sneakers made it modern. Brandon did try with the Russian language but he still looked and felt like he was 16 and doesn't have a clue as to what marriage is really like. It's tough, hard work and not always days of happiness. You have a life partner now. His parents were nice enough to take footage on the phone so Julia's parents could see the ceremony. Maybe now that Betty has a 'daughter' she can relax a bit. The bathtub was grimy. It's not like a fancy jacuzzi type tub where two can fit comfortably. The only way 2 people can fit in my tub is if they are both small kids. Didn't find that scene to be romantic. Julia, you know what Brandon is and that he has yet to disattach from his parents. Good luck with farm life.

Jovi and Yara: The Vegas fun continues, for him. Why does Mom need to help with ring shopping? Yara, a diamond ring is nice for special occasions. Wedding rings have to go through many life crap stuff - dishes, working with dirt, etc. Something like a nice ring is great for an anniversary, but a wedding ring should be practical. With the baby, it might be a challenge to maintain it. Jovi didn't seem to care. Maybe it was 'Vegas' to waltz in to the tux shop with a beer in hand, but that seems to be Jovi's real life. Yara knows what she is getting in to. I'd probably have confronted Jovi about that kind of drinking - all day type - and then maybe walked. The real day to day Jovi didn't surface on his trips with her? Maybe he will grow up and change a bit and become more serious. Or maybe not. I guess Yara also doesn't know about the Elvis officiant.

Tarik and Hazel: Hazel looked lovely as a bride. Tarik did pull out a lot of the stops for her - getting her hair and makeup done, the huge limo, being treated like a princess. Nice that her family did show up and some of his. His friends have also included her. She should consider herself lucky. And maybe put off finding a girlfriend right now.

Mike and Natalie: If all this is real, Yikes. Not cool to string someone along til the last couple of days before the visa expires, plus a pandemic, and borders closed everywhere. The lawyer could have told Natalie that she'd need to check with the Consulate to see if there is any sort of extension because of Covid and her getting a flight to Europe and a way to get home. Mike does not come across all that well, and he did seem like one of the nicer guys on the show. Without a lot of counselling, I don't see this working, and even then, both of them are too different. He also does reflect his workplace and I'm not sure I'd like to be shown on 'reality' TV coming across the way he did. Give him the ring back and move on, Natalie. Maybe marriage isn't for you.

I wonder if she does finally realize her good fortune in finding someone like Tarik.  He's been good to her since he went to the Philippines the previous season, where even over there he repeatedly showed her he cares for her happiness and well-being (this coming from someone who is NOT a Tarik lover - I don't dislike him, but something about him has always rubbed me the wrong way, but despite that, and by the same token, I've always thought he was too good for her, and still do).

When she said about him during their ceremony something about she was marrying the love of her life or the man she loves (I can't recall the verbatim wording), I hope that was sincere on her part because she finally realized he was a true love to her.

He does have very good friends, and the old adage about being judged by the company you keep speaks well of him and his friends with whom he keeps company (including his older brother).

Not only were his friends happy for him, and lovely to Hazel as well, but it seemed like his mother was also delighted with her son's happiness and choice of marriage partner, as did Hazel's family.

Though none of them had the princess wedding that some of them seemingly had wished for, of all the couples Hazel was a princess for a day because that's how Tarik seems to treat her, like his "little princess".

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Edited to add: Any or all of you could be right in your speculation about Rebecca's dress sizing shenanigans, but I may as well throw in my theory: I assumed she ordered from Wish and assumed she was the same size she'd been when she started catfishing dating Zied married her first husband.

Just a tweak more editing needed there.  LOL.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I can't take my eyes off the sleeve on his polo shirts--I think they're women's shirts.  I'm a girl but I buy men's polo shirts because the sleeves are longer than they are on women's polos.  The ones he has are almost cap sleeves.

But why couldn't they just set them up with the other cameras that were set up, and, you know, actually be present at the ceremony instead of serving as videographers?

I don't know why Julia wanted the vows written on that corplast board--maybe for a keepsake?  But Brandon didn't finish his and was reading them off his phone.  Maybe they'll nail his phone to the wall next to the board with her vows.

I'm assuming Rebecca is the exception that makes the rule. 

I thought she looked awful, maybe because she generally doesn't wear makeup and had a ton of it on.  I barely recognized her.

What I didn't understand was why they were downtown.  They had to drive 10 miles past the airport to get downtown, and hotels downtown are bound to be more expensive than between Sequim and the airport, not to mention less convenient for catching a flight.

I think it's just so weird when people go to a wedding where the bride is in a formal wedding dress and the groom is in a tuxedo, and they wear whatever.  Rebecca's wedding had a lot of that, as did Tarik's--some guy was wearing a white t-shirt.  Come on, people.  The groom is in a tuxedo!  At least rise to the level of a golf course and wear a shirt with a collar.

I got curious and looked it up.  Virginia has a law that authorizes civilians (non-ministers) to officiate at weddings if they get an order (permission) from a judge.  There's a similar law for ministers to be able to officiate, and I saw a couple of websites that complained that some jurisdictions in Virginia are buttheads about allowing online ministers.  I have no idea what goes on on the ground there, but I can see a judge allowing Angela to officiate this one time as a non-minister, for her friends, especially during Covid.  The judge might even think it's preferable to acknowledging an online minister, if there really are issues with that.

And I thought that was her saving grace.  I thought the caked on makeup made her look better than she's ever looked, as did her bridal hair style.  Without the gorgeous eye makeup she's so physically ugly to the point of repulsive looking IMO.  And to me her unattractiveness has nothing to do with her weight gain since the previous season, since I think she looked beautiful on her wedding day, and at her current perfectly fine weight.  She's just so facially unattractive IMO.  A lot of it has to do with the horrifically bad skin that she has, which I don't recall her having the previous season.  Even back then I thought she was unattractive, and that was when she was a skinny little twig.  Her saving grace is her gorgeous long hair.  Minty was much prettier. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Just a tweak more editing needed there.  LOL.

When you say "married her first husband," you're not talking about the 27 year old Moroccan ex, are you? I bet you didn't know she had a 27 year old Moroccan ex!

• LOL 12
1 minute ago, monagatuna said:

When you say "married her first husband," you're not talking about the 27 year old Moroccan ex, are you? I bet you didn't know she had a 27 year old Moroccan ex!

No. He was #3.  I meant the REAL first one.  Probably around the time SHE was 27; half her current age, half her current size.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I'm sure she got it online from someplace in China, and the sizing on those sites is always wonky. 

3 hours ago, magemaud said:

All Natalie would contribute on Pillow Talk would be a wide eyed “Oh my god...” (she said that at least six times in the opening)

So she'd be no different from half the current participants. Molly and Cynthia do nothing but shriek, and Annie just goes "WHAAAAAAAT??" 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 3/29/2021 at 5:42 AM, mittsigirl said:

It would have looked better if the corset that was supposed to go under the dress had been strapless, instead it had straps on top of other straps. And only half of it was hooked up in the back. Not a pretty look for all of her fussing she wanted for her 4th big 'forever day'!

Brandon is only 27 and has no kids but already has a dad bod!

That prepubescent bird chest was giving me all sorts of tween bod.  He is probably still waiting for his voice to change and can't wait to grow some facial hair.  

I totally think Rebecca and Zied should have worn their creepy shirts with the other's face silkscreened on it.  I mean, obviously there would be a problem since the pictures Rebecca gave Zied were like 10% Rebecca and 90% filters and photoshop...but still.  

That jerryrigged dress is not cute, they didn't need a corset, they needed McGuyver for that mission.  

The dress code for this wedding is all over the place, are these two guys hitting up a monster truck rally after this?  

Rebecca's daughters fiance also gives me bad vibes, how many times has his implicitly threatened violence against Zied if he does something wrong?  Calm down dude, Rebecca is almost literally twice the adult you are, she can handle her business.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 3/29/2021 at 6:14 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

My father used to refer to something like that as a "blivet"--five pounds of shit in a three pound bag. 

She looked terrible. Her hair looked greasy and stringy, and she should have scrapped that ridiculous dress and gone to Macy's for a nice summer dress, maybe a hat. All of her guests were in Tractor Supply caps and jeans, for fucks sake!

I still advocate for that weirdo stalker sweater she had with Zied's picture on the front.  

The reality of Rebecca's wedding really highlights how stupid she was to do any of this.  

Nearly 50, rolling up in a horse drawn carriage for no one to see but her daughter and her daughters weirdly aggressive fiance/boyfriend/squeeze.  What is the point of the Cinderella carriage so absolutely no one can see it and no one "ooohs" and "aahs".  At this point, you're just wasting the horses time.  Even the minister looked bored and mildly annoyed.  Walking around in that McGuyver wedding dress that looked weird.  The corset was a different shade of white.  

And yes, I'm almost positive she ordered that dress off AliExpress.

Did she have a photographer there?  That would be the only reasonable excuse for that horse drawn carriage.  Isn't Rebecca working a million hours a week to pay off her debt?  She isn't even recouping her costs in wedding gifts (though, she also doesn't have to pay for people to eat rubbery chicken, so thats good)

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 3/29/2021 at 6:32 AM, Granny58 said:

I'm so impressed that the guys attending Rebecca's wedding (not the groom) wore their best camo and flannel.  Nice touch guys.   Zied is sweet though.  

Mike is an asshole x 100.  However, Natalie should make the decision for herself to leave.  I mean, who the heck accepts that kind of scummy manipulation?  

Haven't watched, but sounds like sunk cost fallacy.  

When Natalie was talking, it struck me when she said that if she went home, everyone would laugh at her.  They both know that this marriage is a bad idea and that they aren't compatible, but Natalie is going to be shamed if she goes home unmarried.  

From as much as I watched, I think its dawning on Mike that his behavior is going to make it really easy to give him the asshole edit.  

And boy has he given them a lot to work with!  I don't know who he thinks he is fooling with that "cold feet" story, but it isn't me. 

DID SHE GIVE HIM THAT RING BACK????   I sure hope she didn't, because fuck him for that tomfoolery.  

1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

Funny you mention that, I heard it through the grapevine that Stephani had a 27 year old fiance.  

I also have it on good authority that there is another Stephanie associated with this franchise who has an illness.  I mean, she kept it pretty quiet, so I can't say for sure.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

So I have to stay in a hotel (Embassy Suites) for the next 3 nights. When I checked in 15 minutes ago the registration gal asked for "the card the room was reserved with." I said the whole stay was prepaid through Expedia and she said she still needed the card -but that I could use another card for incidentals.  I'm always asked for a cc for incidentals, but this was the first time I was asked for the original card. She said that it's now something they've started doing with various online booking engines. She did say, though, that she could accept a different card as long as my name was on the reservation. Maybe Mike booked it under his name and didn't put Natalie down as a guest? 

And, yes, I came straight upstairs to tell you guys. I have no life. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Did she have a photographer there?  That would be the only reasonable excuse for that horse drawn carriage 

Even if there wasn’t a wedding photographer, she knew it was being filmed by a camera crew for a national audience. 

44 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Funny you mention that, I heard it through the grapevine that Stephani had a 27 year old fiance.  

So far, though, she hasn’t shared Harris’s age with us 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, RealReality said:

he reality of Rebecca's wedding really highlights how stupid she was to do any of this.  

Nearly 50, rolling up in a horse drawn carriage for no one to see but her daughter and her daughters weirdly aggressive fiance/boyfriend/squeeze.  What is the point of the Cinderella carriage so absolutely no one can see it and no one "ooohs" and "aahs".  At this point, you're just wasting the horses time.  Even the minister looked bored and mildly annoyed.  Walking around in that McGuyver wedding dress that looked weird.  The corset was a different shade of white.  

Why oh why do women insist on wearing a dress that is super unflattering?  Because of some fantasy you have?  No, you know your strengths and limits and go from there.  I cringed at her backfat, I cringed at her messy and stringy hair, the too tight dress, everything.  

47 minutes ago, RealReality said:

When Natalie was talking, it struck me when she said that if she went home, everyone would laugh at her.  They both know that this marriage is a bad idea and that they aren't compatible, but Natalie is going to be shamed if she goes home unmarried.  

I said out loud:  "No they won't, not after you show them this footage."

I am not into physical violence but I got a little stabby when Neighbor Tamara dismissed Natalie and DEFENDED Mike:  "He just wanted to give you a hug!"  Geezaloo, lady.  Way to support.

• Love 9

I thought Rebecca  bought her dress used, and when she got it she then realized it had been altered.  It has been over 30 years since I got married but I was normally a size 6 and my wedding dress was an 8 which made me feel like a whale.  I have no idea what that translates to in today's sizes, but I guess she got it 2 sizes up from what she usually buys.  Based on how her clothes usually look on her, she probably is buying clothes two sizes too small in the first place.  She usually looks like Spring is busting out all over.

I couldn't begrudge her the Cinderella coach only because I think the place is happy to show it off.   I think they are hoping the publicity will get them more guests.  Hey, it worked with us as I am thinking about holding a family reunion there.  It is within less than a day's drive for almost everyone.

The Brandon-Julia wedding I think must be some kind of re-enactment, perhaps for Julia's parents in Russia.   They are back at the same church, but the date on the hymn board still is 2nd Sunday in Lent which is what it was when they toured it.   I was a bit confused at first that it might be  the Palm Sunday weekend as I saw palm fronds around the altar, but the palms seemed intermingled with flowers as well so I just chalked that up to the altar/flower guild using what ever was available.  The name of the priest at that parish as shown on the outside plaque was Bruce Bevans, who according to the clergy directory is now at a parish in WVa, but his ordination was in Virginia.  The person "officiating " at the wedding was a Brian Thompson according to TLC.  He is not listed in the clergy directory, so he is not an Epis priest/minister.  I had a close friend who was an Episcopal priest for many years, but he died two years ago, or I would've been texting him with a bunch of questions.   The only thing I could figure was this guy was at least a member of that parish.  I cannot imagine that the church would allow a non-ordained person to conduct a marriage in the church.  Maybe Ma and Pa Brandon made a cash donation.  This is just boggling my mind.  The only thing I can figure is that they married either at the courthouse or at the house, and they went over to the church and repeated their vows.   There is a certain rite that the Epis church has for weddings, and that wasn't it.   Or rather, if the rite was followed, it wasn't all shown.  I am sorry, I know I am boring the rest of you with my ranting, but  am really bugged by this.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Why oh why do women insist on wearing a dress that is super unflattering?  Because of some fantasy you have?  No, you know your strengths and limits and go from there.  I cringed at her backfat, I cringed at her messy and stringy hair, the too tight dress, everything.  

I said out loud:  "No they won't, not after you show them this footage."

I am not into physical violence but I got a little stabby when Neighbor Tamara dismissed Natalie and DEFENDED Mike:  "He just wanted to give you a hug!"  Geezaloo, lady.  Way to support.

You and I are on the same page with that.  Of all the gaslighting dismissive shit in the world to say.  Was Natalie even asking her?   

Mike wanted to be absolved of his shit behavior. 

I think its so unfair that people expect forgiveness and absolution the minute they ask for it.  Just because you apologize doesn't mean that you're forgiven and everything is back to normal.  

At best, getting Natalie to hug him would allow Mike to feel like he hadn't done anything THAT bad.  And he did.  

Not because he didn't marry Natalie.  Natalie is insane and mean spirited.  But his "cold feet" is BS.  Not once this entire season did he seem particularly interested in marrying her.  He knew he had no intention of marrying her and he strung her along. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I can't imagine this not being universal? I understand it being state-dependent, but marriage in all 50 states is a legal construct so why wouldn't the granting of an officiant be legal and leave the religious stuff up to the churches?

In the statute I linked to in my post, there's a provision for judges officiating at weddings without the need for authorization or posting a bond.  Think of people eloping and going to the justice of the peace to get married.

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Nearly 50, rolling up in a horse drawn carriage for no one to see but her daughter and her daughters weirdly aggressive fiance/boyfriend/squeeze.  What is the point of the Cinderella carriage so absolutely no one can see it and no one "ooohs" and "aahs". 

Zied said he liked it, and theoretically he's the one who really counts.  But then again, he likes Rebecca...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, RealReality said:

You and I are on the same page with that.  Of all the gaslighting dismissive shit in the world to say.  Was Natalie even asking her?   

Mike wanted to be absolved of his shit behavior. 

I think its so unfair that people expect forgiveness and absolution the minute they ask for it.  Just because you apologize doesn't mean that you're forgiven and everything is back to normal.  

At best, getting Natalie to hug him would allow Mike to feel like he hadn't done anything THAT bad.  And he did.  

Not because he didn't marry Natalie.  Natalie is insane and mean spirited.  But his "cold feet" is BS.  Not once this entire season did he seem particularly interested in marrying her.  He knew he had no intention of marrying her and he strung her along. 

It reminds me of being little and my mom making me hug or sit on the laps of relatives I barely knew and felt uncomfortable with. Or making me let my creepy uncle tickle me. 

We're allowed to say "no" to unwanted touching no matter how old we are.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

In the statute I linked to in my post, there's a provision for judges officiating at weddings without the need for authorization or posting a bond.  Think of people eloping and going to the justice of the peace to get married.

Zied said he liked it, and theoretically he's the one who really counts.  But then again, he likes Rebecca...

Zied would have been fine getting married in their matching catfishing sweatshirts.  LOL.  

I personally think that would have been hilarious.  

Its like when people really lean into having a broke wedding.  Its kinda fun.  Yeah, its a papercup affair, but the food is better and no one is putting on airs.  Not trying to keep up with the Joneses or a Disney fantasy.  

Its better for all parties involved.  Im going to get you the same gift either way.  That gift will probably be a check I hurriedly filled out in the parking lot.   

2 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

It reminds me of being little and my mom making me hug or sit on the laps of relatives I barely knew and felt uncomfortable with. Or making me let my creepy uncle tickle me. 

We're allowed to say "no" to unwanted touching no matter how old we are.

Yes, totally agree.  And eww, gross uncle. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I can't take my eyes off the sleeve on his polo shirts--I think they're women's shirts.  I'm a girl but I buy men's polo shirts because the sleeves are longer than they are on women's polos.  The ones he has are almost cap sleeves.

I think they're boys' size 😂😂

• LOL 7
On 3/29/2021 at 11:17 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

TLC and others:  PLEASE STOP WITH THE MYTH THAT WOMEN WANT TO BE A PRINCESS ON THEIR WEDDING DAY.  We don't.  We can financially support ourselves, have careers, can speak for ourselves and want an equal partner.  

Particularly a woman pushing 50. Come on. Grow up!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

So far, though, she hasn’t shared Harris’s age with us 

If she says he is 27, we will know he ages like Jack Benny. 

I am just so glad this season is over and I will never again, I hope, have to see Natalie doing her solo interview through those clenched teeth and puffy red lips and throwing back her head to get various facial angles and expressions.  She is so annoying. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think I'm just confused. It may be the way it's phrased, but it just comes off as your choices are "religious ceremony" or "elope/courthouse wedding" and nothing in between. Clearly that's not the case, it just seems strange to me to default to ministers performing the ritual whereas actually anyone can. But it may just be a function of ministers and religious leaders already being qualified to perform the ceremony with the state as part of their job function, and anyone else who isn't will need to be, so that's why non-clergy people are being called out.

I think I'm reading too much into this. I'm very tired.

• LOL 1
On 3/29/2021 at 5:03 PM, magemaud said:

I thought she did mention something about Virginia because I had forgotten where Tarik lives and it reminded me.  

And I always think, "Oh, Lacey lives there, too. I wonder if they know each other," and then remember that they're not castmates because she's on Love After Lockup, and it's a different production company and network. Reminder about which show I'm watching: foreigners or felons?

11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Alterations can include letting something out.  It's possible (leaning towards likely) that she ordered it in a size 12 (for example), but the size 8 that she wears every day is a muumuu.  She's really a 14, with it being smarter to order a 16 in a fitted garment.

So the size 12 arrives; being a wedding gown, it's really more like a size 10.  There's not enough extra fabric in the seam allowances to blow that puppy to a size 16.

Would have been smarter to just buy a size 16 bolero jacket and leave the back unzipped at the top - but then the world would not have been treated to the glory of her tattoo sleeves.

My solution to the gap in the back would have been some type of cardigan or jacket, although that was solely predicated by my desire to cover up her hideous tattoos. Those just look so trashy but did somewhat fit with her not even half-assed attempt-attired escorts.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 7

Mike is the worst male I have ever seen on this franchise.

THE WORST. 

Worse than Mohamed.

Worse than Jesse.

Worse, even, than Coltee.

Possibly on a par with Geoffrey. If I ever accept a date with a male again after this season, it will be a miracle. 

M. doesn’t even treat N. like she is human. He's incapable of empathy (psychopath? sociopath?). He’s sadistic, getting his jollies from torturing and humiliation. "Mind games" doesn't begin to describe it. If he weren't led around by his d***, he would have ended it for good with her after Kyev or one of their recent brawls, but he wanted to keep using her. Maybe he's a serious alcoholic, they can certainly run hot and cold...He's ugly inside and out. Uncle Beau is a god compared to him.

If my hotel fell through, I would've gone to the airport or an all-night diner and waited 14 hours rather than go near this wiener again. When he refused to decide on Night 89, she could've said, "Fine. I'm deciding. This is unacceptable, so I'm saying what you aren't man enough to say. It's over. Buy my ticket now, please, and book me one of the hotels in town." She did give him a taste of his own medicine about the ring (though I would've returned it just to get rid of him). What a pair. She has her own problems, but I hope she manages to get away from him and go home. Maybe she couldn't accept, IIRC, marriage #3 down the hopper. 

Jovi walking around downtown and into stores with a beer in his hand is probably normal in NOLA....it would be messy for store staff to constantly deal with, though...I was surprised to see Yara looking rough on the preview for next week, sans makeup or that curtain of hair, but the party boy has probably kept her up late every night for weeks. I'd be counting the minutes 'til he goes off to the job.    

Edited by Tuneful
They're all awful
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7