Type keyword(s) to search

Formula 1: Drive To Survive: Seasons 1-5

• Start Topic

I watched it and although it was way better than last year, I still don't get the hype around that show. If you watch the races on a channel with well informed commentators who can give you some BTS stuff, its so much better/
I think my main issue is, that it is very selective in what gets air time, and its over-edited. They left quite a few stories out. Are you guys able to follow what was going on in the WC or the races based on what they showed? Very little about the actual races in those episodes, I though.
At least they gave the rest of the Real Housewives of the pitlane (the team principals) a bit more air time this time round. I can't stand the Toto vs. Christian stuff.

Zhou was incredibly lucky to come away from that crash unscathed.  I liked how he said he just closed his eyes and waited for the car to stop.  That choice may have helped him from tensing up too much which can actually worsen injuries.  I’ve never had any deep feelings for George Russell.  I loved his very human reaction of going over to see if Zhou was okay and if he could help.  

I enjoyed some of the stuff with the principals.  I am down for a show with Toto and Mattio. I never need to see Christian Horner at home.  I feel like he and Ginger Spice are trying for their own reality show.   To me, CH never comes off very good on the show, across the seasons.  Since most principals have at times looked both good and not so good, that says a lot. 

I agree with the above poster, if another team was over budget, CH would have been the loudest voice. 

I miss the early seasons focus on more of the mid field teams.  I did like that there was less created drama.  The sport itself is dramatic.  There are many big personalities.  They have all they need to make an engaging show, even for people who do not follow formula 1.  They were better about showing how much the drivers know and respect each other.  They are competitors; that doesn’t make them enemies. 

The show will never be about showing everything that happens in a season.  Ultimately it is reality TV in a semi-documentary format.  It also becomes more and more clear how few races they actually film at.  
I will miss Daniel Riccardo on the show.  Now who’s going to randomly add “nut sack” to whatever they are saying? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 1/19/2023 at 4:02 PM, xaxat said:

I didn't watch the last episode of last season because I new it would make me mad.

I finally broke down and watched it today and knowing that Red Bull was cheating made me even madder.

I'm still mad about how the last race in season 4 went down; I'm surprised there wasn't more discussion about it on this forum. 

I get that having the same team and person win year after year isn't exciting, BUT Lewis was going to win that race until the crash happened and the higher ups took the opportunity to make a situation where Max and Red Bull would win. 

I'm still annoyed by it and I'm the kind of person who if someone always is dominating, I root for the underdog to win. However, in this case the underdog was Max Verstappen and Red Bull, but I can't stand Christian Horner, he's an ass, or Max Verstappen who also seems like an ass. So, I couldn't bring myself to root for them. Even if I could have brought myself to root for them that win was unearned.    

I haven't watched the new season; I went and googled how the season goes, and I'm not interested in watching Max Verstappen dominate. 

Edited by Fireball
  • Like 1
  • Love 1