Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Zoey’s Extraordinary Birthday

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Yes, somehow the stern, full-bearded Fire Marshall busting into song and dance was startling to me --even on this show. 
I know these big bushy beards are a thing now (I'm blaming Covid) but I have always preferred trimmed beards --and I'm an old hippy. 
Anyway, when Hot Fire Marshall revealed that he was divorced from a husband and had 2 kids, he suddenly seemed good enough to me for Mo, since Fire Marshall had been in a long enough relationship with a non-binary person to have kids, and he was able to care about relationships (kids) outside of his job --which he takes very seriously.
Plus I loved him giving Mo the icon in the previous episode. 

I was not expecting him to have a decent singing voice, even though this is a musical show. It was surprising to see him just loosen up and start singing - which is pretty good, given that we just met the character last episode and it elicited that reaction.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/5/2021 at 6:41 PM, KaveDweller said:

I am not a fan of love triangles in general. I think it is pretty clear Zoey is more into Simon than Max, since she was not ready to un-pause with Max, but is ready to be with Simon. Who still works for her, but I guess we are not dealing with that yet. 

I thought Zoey was a bit harsh when rejecting Aidian (is that the band kid's name)? Yeah, his song was a little creepy but he seemed legitimately into her based on the conversation with David.

Well!  since the first season she has always chosen Simon and not Max to choose him only when he needed to use it as long as he needed it !!!

Surely in the seasonal final (I hope not the series even though it is worse than a first season) we will see a Zoey who will want to return from Max but I hope to see a rejection by her because I hope we will see him happy with roses and that he shows him to what he wants to opposes Zoey

I finally saw the episode and as you could guess from the various comments .... it was understood that Max really loves Zoey but the feeling is not reciprocated, then he cannot be angry because he saw them dance that it was not something they really did  but it is due to a desire, then that it is his fault that he wanted to interrupt the relationship, but then he started flirting with the neighbor and then start flirting with his gaze (I want you) with Simon and his are things that he really did  , she proved immature and even selfish (which Mo clearly told him too) and the fact that Max knew that while he was waiting for his decision she (dedicated) to the other two, he had every reason to get angry and  I found it ridiculous that he called him immature !!! I then expected him to be so angry and disappointed that he wouldn't go to his birthday but by going to he showed that he really loves her, while Zoey was so upset that she broke up with him!  !!  that she took it to the next level with Simon which showed what her feelings are

Edited by ciubecca98
On 4/4/2021 at 9:33 PM, Trini said:

About the other relationships: I have a feeling that Mo/Hot Inspector isn't going to last.

I can't imagine how it would last. Going outside your comfort zone is one thing. Getting involved with a Dad of a 7 and 9 year old when you're still happily in your partying years is rough. Doesn't match Mo.

Side note on Mo and Max: Who was running their not-restaurant on a Saturday night while they were at the party?! Same when Max left their opening night. Even with other managers, they would be there literally every day and night especially weekends. I wish I were better at waving these things away! It's not reality.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:54 AM, tennisgurl said:

I cant decide on my favorite unspoken reaction this episode, Zoey's confused expression at Tobin and Mackenzie's part of Kiss Me, or David's growing horror as he realizes he's playing along to a song about someone wanting to bang his sister.

The actor playing David did SUCH a great job there!

On 4/5/2021 at 4:41 PM, KaveDweller said:

I am not a fan of love triangles in general. I think it is pretty clear Zoey is more into Simon than Max, since she was not ready to un-pause with Max, but is ready to be with Simon. Who still works for her, but I guess we are not dealing with that yet.

Speaking of things I can't wave away! The triangle/tangle/etc doesn't bother me too much but her being his boss is such a sticking point for me. I don't care how much they are into each other, that's a no go.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, snarktini said:

her being his boss is such a sticking point for me. I don't care how much they are into each other, that's a no go.

And it's such an easy fix! Say that the marketing department is now being supervised by [someone who isn't Zoey] or indicate somehow/promote Simon so he's on the same level as Zoey and now they're equals.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, snarktini said:
On 4/5/2021 at 7:41 PM, KaveDweller said:

Speaking of things I can't wave away! The triangle/tangle/etc doesn't bother me too much but her being his boss is such a sticking point for me. I don't care how much they are into each other, that's a no go.

ITA, but they made it work on Major Crimes --although I can't recall exactly how, but it was "official."
And this show has superpowers, so...?

• Love 3
On 6/4/2021 at 01:41, KaveDweller said:

Non sono un fan dei triangoli amorosi in generale. Penso che sia abbastanza chiaro che Zoey è più interessata a Simon che a Max, dal momento che non era pronta per annullare la pausa con Max, ma è pronta per stare con Simon.

already and it makes me think that she is not at all in love with Max and the proof could also be that she does not confess to Simon about the power because she is afraid of losing him which she did with Max !!!!

I started really not liking Zoey this episode as even though she doesn't want to be the focus of everyone's attention (or so she says), she ends up being the focus of everyone's attention.  And, she not a good managing boss.  So, she excitedly invites everyone with whom she works to her birthday party (which many would feel they have to attend because...she's their boss), she then cancels the invitation the next day (after everyone put a birthday celebration together for her at work because she announced her birthday and, she's their boss...).  That back and forth indecisiveness combined with her extended and numerous absences (hanging out with Australian guy and boss instead of being at work) would be really hard to take from a direct manager.  Not to mention using her powers to be with Simon (i.e. knowing what he's thinking, feeling, etc.).  And, she just continues to take everyone's time (last episode when Mo stated that he needed to focus on opening the restaurant and this episode with the new romance).

Maybe a couple of episodes in which she really seeks to help others without turning it around to herself...

• Love 4

I thought it was striking that every song in this episode was a love song. And although Zoey was lamenting that no one was singing to her, technically Simon was singing to her earlier, even though it was a group number. It doesn't have to be every week, but I do really like those energetic group dance numbers.

I hope Leif's conference was fun; he missed two parties while he was away!  😞

Glad there were scenes with Zoey's family, especially the Maggie/Zoey scene.