Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Chapter Two: The Ghosts of 221B

• Start Topic

(edited)

I really don't know what to make of this show. I like the characters a lot but I find the horror setting a bit meh, I would prefer to see them do sleuth work like in the original. The idea to make them central characters in the world of Baker Street  221B is really intriguing. But at this point I have to wonder why TPTB did not go straight to the 'Buffy in Victorian times' pitch without any reference to SH that would work just as well since Watson's part might as well be played by another character. This might change when we finally get to see more of the brothers Holmes. Also: for God's sake someone put socks on Sherlock's feet - that's the true horror of this show!!!

And it gets harder and harder to overlook the jarring bits of story-telling. For example: How exactly die Bea know where the Golden Dawn was and even harder to swallow was that a little blood splattered female street urchin could just knock at the door of an exclusive gentleman's club and then got entrance without any fuss. 

Edited by MissLucas

There is colorblind casting and anachronisms and then there is this. I mean come on, a black Duke? There is a lot I can swallow but not this much.