Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Scarlett45

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Recommended Posts


18 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think this is more likely.  These people like to flaunt their holier-than-thou selves as often as possible.  Take a look at any bridal dress shop; there are plenty of dresses with sleeves that can be bought off the rack.  There are also multiple manufacturers who will change the dress to the customer's specifications, including taking a cap sleeve style and converting it to a sleeved dress.  Supposedly Jed and Katey have been courting and working towards marriage for the better part of a year.  Considering how rarely these courtships don't end in marriage, there's no reason she couldn't have ordered a gown last fall.  Except that, she wanted the world to know that she is way too pure for a simple cap sleeve.  What we view as tacky and unattractive, she views as proof of her virginity and modesty.

I wouldn't be surprised if her dad selected the dress or had modesty rules he wanted followed. That guy seems very controlling.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 10

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sorry, I just cannot open this thread without seeing boinking together. I just can't.......😱

  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/3/2021 at 11:56 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

Well Kate's family seems more diverse than the usual Duggar bride. She seems to love and value her gay brother. So hopefully she's made of a strong constitution and won't just be a mindless churner of babies.

ETA: I always wonder if it secretly hurts the Duggars' hearts when they see families who actually like each other despite, uh, "sins" like being gay or whatnot. Like that's a level of familial affection they're just not acquainted with.

That would devalue the innate Duggar sense of superiority.   Doubtful many, if any, of them have the ability to conceive there is anything better than being born Duggar.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

20 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’m pretty sure mine is the unpopular opinion. Most people seem to love nicknames. I’ve just always been prickly and weird. 🙂

I can't stand nicknames that are cutesy and childish, never could, even when I was a child.  Shortening a name if it doesn't sound cutesy or childish is fine.    

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

I'm sorry, I just cannot open this thread without seeing boinking together. I just can't.......😱

You are not alone 🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

That would devalue the innate Duggar sense of superiority.   Doubtful many, if any, of them have the ability to conceive there is anything better than being born a MALE Duggar.

FIFY

If you are a female Duggarette this is what you look like 

 

 

CB48E3C1-8A0C-4E3F-AC19-48F6D8510B23.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Sad 12

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Excuse you, it was a very mooving ceremony

I'm sorry! I am but a humble hick! It was a very bovine ceremony. ;) 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post

Eh. I have a cutesy spelling of my nickname. It’s a boring name both my parents could agree on (think, say, Susannna) and my mom wanted one nickname for me (say, Anna) but everyone called me “Susie” so she declared if she couldn’t have an “Anna”, she was having a fancy Susie, and promptly began spelled my name with two Es at the end.

I would hate it if it wasn’t my name, but I love it since it is mine and very unique. 
 

Ftr, my name is not Susanna 😂 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems BFF Tristen was in the wedding.

rs_1200x1200-210405040904-1200-Jed-Dugga

How old is BFF Tristen?? He looks younger than Justin, who looks about 12 years old to me. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

One of Tristan’s pictures has Michelle and Jim Bob in the background. I cropped it. It’s the only one I’ve seen that gives a hint to what she wore.

F3346BAE-844A-4BFC-82FC-A89F381AFE6D.jpeg

  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

How old is BFF Tristen?? He looks younger than Justin, who looks about 12 years old to me. 

I'm not sure, but he is apparently in college. His Instagram lists him as OSU 2024. He seems very childlike on social media, and I worry he is being taken advantage of or led on. 

  • Like 8
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, emma675 said:

How old is BFF Tristen?? He looks younger than Justin, who looks about 12 years old to me. 

No clue but his Instagram includes “(OSU) 2024”.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

One of Tristan’s pictures has Michelle and Jim Bob in the background. I cropped it. It’s the only one I’ve seen that gives a hint to what she wore.

F3346BAE-844A-4BFC-82FC-A89F381AFE6D.jpeg

So she wore a burlap sack to the jedding.😄

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 18

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

He can read? Seriously I see him with an 8th grade level education.

God speaks through men automatically, apparently.

According to those vows and the belief system that produces them, men must not have to do a darn thing in order to function as a constant PA system for the almighty, speaking with "authority" and spitting out "teachings" at every turn. Even if you're an inexperienced, untutored, totally selfish dumb-ass like a Duggar Howler. (or Jim Bob or Josh or etc...) 

Mechanism must have something to do with the penis, because it seems women haven't a chance in heck of ever even developing such an ability, no matter what they do. Hence the need for Katey to vow she'll put the same level of trust in Jed!'s pronouncements and follow him them as faithfully as she follows the pronouncements of God!      Jed!/God! More similar than you might think! Argh. 

(Sources: Bill Gothard, John MacArthur, etc.) 

11 hours ago, Zella said:

Hello's article about the wedding claims it was "a stunning outdoor ceremony," and I'm not sure that is the word I'd use to describe proceedings that had cows hanging out in the background. 

That article has the whiff of something written by AI!

And, you know, AI has no eyes or ears. Just stock phrases to describe celebrities. 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

What do you want to bet that Jed will try to steer Katey away from contact with Katey's gay hairdresser brother? It's totally on brand for the Duggars.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I'm sorry, I just cannot open this thread without seeing boinking together. I just can't.......😱

I thought that was the point of the thread title!  (and if it wasn't, don't anybody disillusion me.... )-

51 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems BFF Tristen was in the wedding.

rs_1200x1200-210405040904-1200-Jed-Dugga

He's trying to social climb, just like most of the rest of the guests, I suppose. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems BFF Tristen was in the wedding.

He appeared to be an usher, from the livestream.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Ok the brother is hot. I’ll see myself out.

He is nice looking and I love how Katey's mom showed some cleavage. No modesty panels for her!

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, emma675 said:

How old is BFF Tristen?? He looks younger than Justin, who looks about 12 years old to me. 

Well, they've talked about Jed! being Tristan' mentor or some such. So I'd assume he's a little young. Jed!'s arrogant as hell, I expect, but I doubt even he has moved ahead to mentoring people who are older than he is. ..... So .... Tristan's in the 18-20 area, maybe? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, they've talked about Jed! being Tristan' mentor or some such. So I'd assume he's a little young. Jed!'s arrogant as hell, I expect, but I doubt even he has moved ahead to mentoring people who are older than he is. ..... So .... Tristan's in the 18-20 area, maybe? 

Not to mention the temerity to mentor someone who it appears may actually have the qualifications to be admitted to and attend an actual public university.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm not sure, but he is apparently in college. His Instagram lists him as OSU 2024. He seems very childlike on social media, and I worry he is being taken advantage of or led on. 

I think this is probably true of anybody being "mentored" in any way by a Duggar (or adjacent, especially if said adjacent is Gothardy).

The stuff they believe is so nutso -- and fame and/or power over others are so much on various Duggars' minds when they do anything -- that it's hard for me to see how anybody could be brought closely into their orbit in some "student," "apprentice," or "satellite" capacity and not be polluted by what they hear. And ultimately burned or at least disappointed by the craziness and selfishness of said Duggar "mentor" (or "prayer partner" or whatever).

 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think this is probably true of anybody being "mentored" in any way by a Duggar (or adjacent, especially if said adjacent is Gothardy).

The stuff they believe is so nutso -- and fame and/or power over others are so much on various Duggars' minds when they do anything -- that it's hard for me to see how anybody could be brought closely into their orbit in some "student," "apprentice," or "satellite" capacity and not be polluted by what they hear. And ultimately burned or at least disappointed by the craziness and selfishness of said Duggar "mentor" (or "prayer partner" or whatever). 

I don't disagree, but after looking at his social media for the past few weeks, I think Tristan may also have an intellectual disability. I could be wrong, and I am not really comfortable making that assumption for that reason. But his social media reminds me very much of people I know who have intellectual disabilities. He doesn't come across as somebody just drinking the Kool-Aid or trying to get something out of Jed! or even just some weirdo stalker. He seems to have really latched onto Jed!, and I think he really does think that he is Jed!'s best friend and Jed! is his best friend, and I just feel really bad for Tristan because Jed! is clearly not his best friend. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Sad 17

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't disagree, but after looking at his social media for the past few weeks, I think Tristan may also have an intellectual disability. I could be wrong, and I am not really comfortable making that assumption for that reason. But his social media reminds me very much of people I know who have intellectual disabilities. He doesn't come across as somebody just drinking the Kool-Aid or trying to get something out of Jed! or even just some weirdo stalker. He seems to have really latched onto Jed!, and I think he really does think that he is Jed!'s best friend and Jed! is his best friend, and I just feel really bad for Tristan because Jed! is clearly not his best friend. 

That's what my gut was telling me even with his "I can't believe my best friend is getting married" post, before it was officially known that Jed! was engaged.  It seemed like a very child-like post and gave me a "he doesn't realize this isn't appropriate" vibe.  

I wonder how Tristen came into Jed!'s orbit.  Adoptee by some "sweet" friends of the Duggars?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't disagree, but after looking at his social media for the past few weeks, I think Tristan may also have an intellectual disability. I could be wrong, and I am not really comfortable making that assumption for that reason. But his social media reminds me very much of people I know who have intellectual disabilities. He doesn't come across as somebody just drinking the Kool-Aid or trying to get something out of Jed! or even just some weirdo stalker. He seems to have really latched onto Jed!, and I think he really does think that he is Jed!'s best friend and Jed! is his best friend, and I just feel really bad for Tristan because Jed! is clearly not his best friend. 

Yep, I haven't looked at his media much. Not on Instagram,  so I never see the words, just the pictures. But it would make a lot of sense for that to be true. 

I was just exercising my total cynicism about any Duggar relationship in which the Duggar claims to mentor or similarly assist someone else.  I expect virtually all of those end badly, because the Duggars' beliefs are not just nutty but completely selfish at bottom. So no matter the other person's motive, I expect they all ultimately get, at least, disappointed if not harmed to some degree. 

But obviously all that's way worse if the person in question is exceptionally innocent or naive or has any intellectual or psychological frailties of any kind. Hope that's not the case with this kid.  But I certainly wouldn't put it past any Duggar to get involved in a situation like that out of sheer arrogance and ignorance.

And Jed! seems high on the list of those who might, since I'm sure he thinks his "mentoring" of people and having "BFFs" of different races and ages and so on can help to enhance his image, which seems to be quite important to him.

 

 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 6
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

That's what my gut was telling me even with his "I can't believe my best friend is getting married" post, before it was officially known that Jed! was engaged.  It seemed like a very child-like post and gave me a "he doesn't realize this isn't appropriate" vibe.  

I wonder how Tristen came into Jed!'s orbit.  Adoptee by some "sweet" friends of the Duggars?

Yeah it's a very different vibe from Hilaria's obvious thirst. He may just be a super sheltered guy rather than anything else (I had a few very sheltered homeschool grad classmates like that in college), but even then, it just seems so wrong to me for them to apparently be okay with using him when he is convenient. It's just so predatory. 😞 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah it's a very different vibe from Hilaria's obvious thirst. He may just be a super sheltered guy rather than anything else (I had a few very sheltered homeschool grad classmates like that in college), but even then, it just seems so wrong to me for them to apparently be okay with using him when he is convenient. It's just so predatory. 😞 

 

I think at least some of the Duggarlings have learned a predatory attitude from their parents, who seem to me not to care one iota about any other human beings except insofar as it might benefit them. And since they think they're right with God while almost the entire rest of the world is not, they figure their approach is not just fine but blessed. 

And they'd think another person was blessed to be around them, no matter how selfishly they behaved towards them, I expect. 

Jed!'s cocky, smug demeanor and his apparent ambition and image-consciousness suggest he's high on the list of those who may happily adopt those attitudes, I'd say. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting the bert and ernie house Jed and Jeer were supposedly living in was listed for sale 3/31/2021. Duggar pal and real estate person Thomas Joseph seems to be the listing agent.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 8

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

He is nice looking and I love how Katey's mom showed some cleavage. No modesty panels for her!

Katey's mom looks like Katie Couric. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think at least some of the Duggarlings have learned a predatory attitude from their parents, who seem to me not to care one iota about any other human beings except insofar as it might benefit them. And since they think they're right with God while almost the entire rest of the world is not, they figure their approach is not just fine but blessed. 

And they'd think another person was blessed to be around them, no matter how selfishly they behaved towards them, I expect. 

Jed!'s cocky, smug demeanor and his apparent ambition and image-consciousness suggest he's high on the list of those who may happily adopt those attitudes, I'd say. 

 

 

 

 

Yeah Jed! comes across as a real prick! I wouldn't enjoy being around any of these people, but if I had to pick one of them to be around, he would be at the end of the list. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Interesting the bert and ernie house Jed and Jeer were supposedly living in was listed for sale 3/31/2021. Duggar pal and real estate person Thomas Joseph seems to be the listing agent.

I assume the listing shown as for rent in December, was after Jed moved out. Either it was then rented in January, or the owner ( curious who that is) decided to fix it up, and sell.

6E4AD344-2674-4161-9CB9-5AEB27493970.jpeg

  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I assume the listing shown as for rent in December, was after Jed moved out. Either it was then rented in January, or the owner ( curious who that is) decided to fix it up, and sell.

6E4AD344-2674-4161-9CB9-5AEB27493970.jpeg

well Tom Joseph and his wife owned it until 12/06/2019 and then it went to an LLC that I would put money on is owned by Tom Joseph.

ETA - within  2 minutes of searching Tom Joseph is the incorporating officer of the holding co that owns it

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Katey's mom looks like Katie Couric. 

Omg, she does! The eyes, smile and face shape are identical.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Zella said:

Hello's article about the wedding claims it was "a stunning outdoor ceremony," and I'm not sure that is the word I'd use to describe proceedings that had cows hanging out in the background. 

Perhaps the cows were looking particularly stunning that day....maybe the sunlight hit their dappled coats in a lovely fashion. 🙂

 

3 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

What do you want to bet that Jed will try to steer Katey away from contact with Katey's gay hairdresser brother? It's totally on brand for the Duggars.

I was wondering that too, how does that play out?  Does Katey push back if Jed! bans her brother from any family gatherings?  Jed! seems far too cowardly, but what if JB forces the issue?  

 

3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, they've talked about Jed! being Tristan' mentor or some such. 

The thought of Jed! being called a "mentor" is highly disturbing...he's a 22-year old puppet who up until this weekend bunked with his brother in a house full of discarded roadside furniture.  He has no business giving any sort of life advice to anyone, ever.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

That's a really nice family picture. Katie was a lovely bride.

With regards to Tristan, the cynical part of me thinks Jed keeps him around for optics. I agree that Tristan's posts come across as very child-like. I don't know his background, but the BFF thing seems to be very one-sided. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I think Katey is the prettiest Duggar wife, so far.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

image.png.45979baab6698cb1ff043931b0d80e2f.png

Katey with her mother and siblings in June of 2020. You can clearly tell who is fundie and who is not. 

  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I think Katey is the prettiest Duggar wife, so far.  

She looks very run-of-the-mill Gothard to me. It would help if she did something else with her hair.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

image.png.45979baab6698cb1ff043931b0d80e2f.png

Katey with her mother and siblings in June of 2020. You can clearly tell who is fundie and who is not. 

Well there's a lot of warmth in this family's body language which tells me that fundie or not, Katey is probably more tolerant of other lifestyles than the typical Duggar.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Michelle has a gay sister, so I suppose they won't say to much. That doesn't mean Katey's brother will keep his mouth shut though.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Homeland security is about to come down on him hard? And he needs to expand his power base before the inevitable prison term? And get a bunch of dependents off of him.

We need to get them on one of the Real Housewives shows that seems to be the fast track to jail.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/3/2021 at 4:03 PM, JoanArc said:

 Part that really floors me is “naturally I will focus on my own needs first “.  Really? Naturally, I will focus on my own needs first, Anna, but Jesus will tell me when I’ve started another woman’s tits for too long ...

 Naturally, I will focus on my own needs first, Jim Bob, but I’ll throw you a bone and give you two minutes of pumping time a week to keep you docile....

I think, though it was poorly written, that the vows meant that without Christ I would naturally focus on my own needs first but with Christ I will become your humble servant.  At least that is my take on it.

  • Like 19
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

So, how many Duggar OG children are at home now?  I realize there is their young nephew who lives with them as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, luvmylabs said:

I think, though it was poorly written, that the vows meant that without Christ I would naturally focus on my own needs first but with Christ I will become your humble servant.  At least that is my take on it.

That's my take too.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)
 

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size