Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Oh, I didn't watch, but scroll up like four posts to see who I mean.

I did. Looks like Katey herself to me. Since she's shot from the chest up, it's hard to tell. Katey's mother is youthful, but I thought she was petite (just going on memory of wedding pictures).

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Spacing issues

So is the woman in the striped shirt with the crazy eyes Michelle? I'm also literally just going off the pictures posted here. It would be very on brand for the person with the craziest eyes in the picture to be Michelle, but I just didn't recognize her at all. 

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

So is the woman in the striped shirt with the crazy eyes Michelle? I'm also literally just going off the pictures posted here. It would be very on brand for the person with the craziest eyes in the picture to be Michelle, but I just didn't recognize her at all. 

Women in the striped shirt is Kate’s mom. Woman with glasses/black tee is Michelle.

(90% sure)

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
15 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

D3F2ADC4-3502-4BE9-8EA1-3E84CD6A841F.jpeg

70298C86-CA23-44AD-BF68-846978CB064E.jpeg

869EAA57-0BA7-4DD9-93E7-618E37A3D117.jpeg

3A5A69DD-6FDD-4D9A-8509-CC82A7F445AF.jpeg

A3866BEC-F118-41FD-9038-81316030A00A.jpeg

4FE63BFB-CEF0-4D82-BAE0-F815AAC7034B.jpeg

I skimmed through the video.

6 pounds 12 ounces 

Not sure of the birth date 

(screenshots)

Wow. I didn’t even recognize Michelle. She looks like she has aged about ten years, although it could also be the glasses. 

I thought that was Jana with her instead of Katey’s mom. 

• Like 7

I refuse to watch the video because I am going to give Jed! the privacy he craves.  I do wonder if he complained again about Katy needing something to eat or whatever it was he complained about when Truett was born.  He can complain when he figures out how to push a watermelon through his nostril.

Michelle looks rough.  Katy's mom looks deranged.  Not a flattering screenshot for either of them.

Jed does seem to be trying to be JB's attack dog here.  JB doesn't want to be seen liking posts criticizing Jill, so he gets his sad son to do it for him.  I love that someone used Jed's language to call him out.  He's not just a tool, he's the whole shed.

• Like 20
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I refuse to watch that turd's video to find out. 

Since he went off on the commenter about not knowing anything about his family, I refuse to watch the video and learn anything about his family. 
Poor Nora Kate being born into that shitshow.  I hope you have a chance to escape and make a life for yourself.  

• Like 8
  • Love 1

That's Michelle sans make-up and with glasses. She was filmed the same way, way back when for someone's birth - hair in a ponytail and no make-up.

Her glasses are very trendy, I just wonder what clodhoppers she has on her feet.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I refuse to watch that turd's video to find out. 

Same.  I do appreciate those of you who take it for the (snarky) team.

That punchable smirky face just annoys the crap out of me.  Katey is a lovely looking woman, and here she is, making endless babies with that jackoff tosser!  Ugh.  Cute baby, though.  I hope their dozen plus kids will look like their mother.

• Like 11

Michelle--"Doctor, the mother is bleeeeding after giving birth.  I should know, I have 19 kids, and yes, I gave birth to all of them."

Katey's mother (I do not know her name, and I don't care enough to look)."Wow!  Looky there!  A baby!!  Neato"!!

image.png.625dbbfb3f7a9c937dcd53e7ce97059a.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
56 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That's Meech? I realize it's a screenshot, but man, she looks terrible.

Looks like having the FF finally unable to evade the consequences of his heinous actions has had an effect on her. And the wear and tear of 19 births. 

• Like 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I refuse to watch the video because I am going to give Jed! the privacy he craves.  I do wonder if he complained again about Katy needing something to eat or whatever it was he complained about when Truett was born.  He can complain when he figures out how to push a watermelon through his nostril.

Michelle looks rough.  Katy's mom looks deranged.  Not a flattering screenshot for either of them.

Jed does seem to be trying to be JB's attack dog here.  JB doesn't want to be seen liking posts criticizing Jill, so he gets his sad son to do it for him.  I love that someone used Jed's language to call him out.  He's not just a tool, he's the whole shed.

I would pay money to watch that happen. A Very Duggar Special! 

If it were Jim Bob doing it, after the documentary, they could put it on pay-per-view and match the GDP of a medium-sized European country. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6

I look at Nicole Kidman and how careful she has been never to say anything against Scientology. I've always assumed it was so she wouldn't alienate her older kids even though Scientology dictates Nicole is an suppressive person.

I'm guessing Katie and her mother left the IBLP stuff undiscussed throughout her childhood. Now with this docuseries I wonder if the mom feels compelled to bring it up or even though she appears mainstream her beliefs are more alike Katie's than different.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I had to go back and look. What is that? It looks like a sock monkey in a dress but that makes no sense. 

Mr Bill bloated on steroids? Mrs Claus the day after Christmas?

Whatever it is, its a tad frightening.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm more concerned about the creepy art on the wall than the grandmas.

I was too distracted by the grandmas to notice it. But now it haunts my mind's eye. 😂😂😂😂

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Mr Bill bloated on steroids? Mrs Claus the day after Christmas?

Whatever it is, its a tad frightening.

I thought it was some sort of demented clown.  Whatever it is, it would give me nightmares if I saw it in person.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
19 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That's Meech? I realize it's a screenshot, but man, she looks terrible.

I thought it looked like a man with long hair, and I couldn't think who they might know like that well enough to invite to a birth.  Wow.

• LOL 10
(edited)
10 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I had to go back and look. What is that? It looks like a sock monkey in a dress but that makes no sense. 

I think that it is a photo of an infant wearing a sock monkey hat.  I agree it is creepy.  Back in the 80's and 90's, a lot of birthing centers had Anne Geddes' style photos of babies on the walls and such and it was oh so precious, it made my teeth hurt.

Nowadays, the feeling is that people having babies are still people and it is not necessary to bombard them with photos of babies as they labor.  If their story is a sad one, it may even be cruel to surround them with happy baby pictures.  Nowadays, art in labor and delivery is generally designed to be soothing and interesting to look at but not too taxing to deal with.  Lots of photos of bodies of water and mountains, lots of paintings of landscapes, colorful abstracts, graphic posters.  Stuff like you might even have in your own home.

R.jpg

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 7
8 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

How can they afford all this with 1 salary? What does Jed do for work?

Sells junkers. He also may have a RE license, but who knows what's going on with the Duggar flips. I thought Joe sold them, but I could be wrong. 

• Useful 3
49 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Sells junkers. He also may have a RE license, but who knows what's going on with the Duggar flips. I thought Joe sold them, but I could be wrong. 

They did a Q&A a while ago and said he owns a used car  lot and has his real estate license. (Doesn’t Jim Bob own the car lot?)

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 4
41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They did a Q&A a while ago and said he owns a used car  lot and has his real estate license. (Doesn’t Jim Bob own the car lot?)

State of Arkansas has 3 Duggars listed as licensed realtors. JB, Joe and Jeremiah. I think Jed did not tell the truth. He has an llc named Ambassador Properties and he has bought and sold a few properties through that name. But he holds no realtor license in AR.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

State of Arkansas has 3 Duggars listed as licensed realtors. JB, Joe and Jeremiah. I think Jed did not tell the truth. He has an llc named Ambassador Properties and he has bought and sold a few properties through that name. But he holds no realtor license in AR.

Shocking!!

• LOL 11

At one point Jed! and Katey are in Colorado and she says “exactly 2 years ago we were here on our honeymoon and now we have 2 kids”. I can’t imagine going from barely knowing Jed! to where Katey is now but she seems happy. Or she’s a good actor?

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
On 5/28/2023 at 8:22 PM, quarks said:

(nods)

I get all this - and I read what you posted above. But, and I say this with genuine respect, since I completely understand how frustrating/wrong this whole tax-write off sounds: I think you and that post are asking/answering the wrong tax question.

Yes, Jed! isn't a travel blogger, or claiming to be one. But he's also not producing a travel blog - he's producing a video, aka a short film. So this wouldn't be a write-off for expenses incurred as an influencer, but for expenses incurred from producing a short film. He is legally allowed to expense the costs of producing/creating that video/film as long as that video/film earned income for himself or a business that he owns.

So the questions are:

1. Did the video make taxable income for Jed!  (Given the 61K following, yes.)

2. Did Jed! have to travel to make that video?  (Since he doesn't live in Hawai'i, yes.)

3. Did Jed! participate in activities that earned taxable income during this vacation?  (Again, since he filmed a video that currently has 42K views on YouTube, yes.)

So they wouldn't be writing off vacation travel expenses. They would be writing off travel expenses incurred as a result of producing a video that earned reportable taxable income from YouTube - the same way a singer/songwriter who headed to Hawai'i to film/record a song to put up on YouTube for taxable income could, or, for that matter, the same way Universal did - on a much larger scale - when they headed to Hawai'i to film Jurassic Park. 

It's a subtle difference, but a very real one. 

I do think that the IRS might ask a few questions if Jed! constantly reports the YouTube income as a loss, but as long as he reports some sort of income/profit, I think he'll be fine. Especially since any tax savings wouldn't cover the cost of these trips - just make them more affordable.

YMMV, but I 100% think that none of the Duggars pays income taxes. Jill and Jinger may because Derick and RFP may not be in the habit of avoiding taxes, and they may make enough money on SM to be taxable.

All of the Duggar sons have LLCs, and I'm sure that they have an accountant who pays any taxes on those, but my guess is that if they draw any "salary" at all from those companies, it's all very small. If their SM income is taxable, the total that they are earning is not -- I doubt they earn more than 10K per year from SM, and I doubt that they pay any taxes on that income.

• Useful 3
On 8/2/2023 at 5:01 PM, ginger90 said:

I believe so. Just like they lied and said Smuggar owned the car lot and Grandma's house when he got married. 

How do you know a Duggar is lying? Their lips are moving. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 14
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

YMMV, but I 100% think that none of the Duggars pays income taxes. Jill and Jinger may because Derick and RFP may not be in the habit of avoiding taxes, and they may make enough money on SM to be taxable.

All of the Duggar sons have LLCs, and I'm sure that they have an accountant who pays any taxes on those, but my guess is that if they draw any "salary" at all from those companies, it's all very small. If their SM income is taxable, the total that they are earning is not -- I doubt they earn more than 10K per year from SM, and I doubt that they pay any taxes on that income.

Probably, but YouTube/Alphabet legally has to report payouts of $400 or more per year to the IRS. I think it's safe to say that while Jed! and Katey aren't earning all that much through YouTube, it's more than $400 per year. 

How the Duggars are in turn reporting that to the IRS is another question. 

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

LLC net income passes to the individual members of the LLC and is taxed on the individual 1040 tax return. It’s more likely that money is moved all around the various LLC’s by the accountant, probably at JB’s instruction, and no LLC shows more than bare minimum of net income. And each individual probably only reports enough income on their 1040 to claim various credits but end up paying zero taxes. Derick receives a W2 for his earnings, much harder to avoid taxes in his case. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
On 8/4/2023 at 1:02 PM, cmr2014 said:

IDK, I’ve been self employed in the past and made only 10-15K a year and still owed self employment taxes. But while I took all the deductions I could, I didn’t have a fancy accountant to help me scam out of all of it 

• Like 10
57 minutes ago, AstridM said:

IDK, I’ve been self employed in the past and made only 10-15K a year and still owed self employment taxes. But while I took all the deductions I could, I didn’t have a fancy accountant to help me scam out of all of it 

Obviously, I have no way of knowing, and I'm not an accountant, but the way I think this works is that all of these LLCs funnel all of their profits to Duggar Enterprises, and any taxes are paid by that entity.

Most of the sons live on property owned by some version of Duggar Enterprises in some sort of trailer, or little rehabbed house, so there is no rent or mortgage payment. I think that they all drive cars owned and insured by Duggar Enterprises and are probably all on some sort of shared phone plan. I think JB gives them all some sort of allowance for food and clothes depending on their level of obedience and the number of "blessings" they have produced. I don't think that any of them have health insurance (which may be why Abbie is working -- she may want it, and a job will allow her to get it).

Again, this is all 100% speculation on my part based on what we have seen of their living arrangements, and JB's "philosophy" and his personality.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

I think most of the LLCs are created to show a loss to offset their other income.

For instance if Josiah has a decent income and Lauren has a jewelry/art 'business' that loses money every year, then when they file joint tax returns her loss offsets his income, therefore they would owe less/no taxes.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
On 8/6/2023 at 2:22 PM, cmr2014 said:

I don't think that any of them have health insurance

I'm thinking they all have Christian "health insurance" that seems to be popular in fundy circles.  I don't know that it would pay for a catastrophic injury or something, but it probably pays for childbirth and some other things.

• Useful 4