Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

I know how the fundie crew feel about the harlots who lead Good Christian Men (TM) to lust, but is there anything in their belief system about people who cause envy by having the resources (allegedly without debt) to do this insane amount of travelling? I'll admit I sometimes look at them and ask myself why the heck I'm working my butt off while these hateful jokers can frolic all over the world and I'm in a situation where I probably could afford one of those trips if I did some budget shuffling. How do the families where the kids are fasting to make sure their younger siblings can eat supposed to take this?

• Like 5
  • Applause 13
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

I know how the fundie crew feel about the harlots who lead Good Christian Men (TM) to lust, but is there anything in their belief system about people who cause envy by having the resources (allegedly without debt) to do this insane amount of travelling? I'll admit I sometimes look at them and ask myself why the heck I'm working my butt off while these hateful jokers can frolic all over the world and I'm in a situation where I probably could afford one of those trips if I did some budget shuffling. How do the families where the kids are fasting to make sure their younger siblings can eat supposed to take this?

Oh, but they are not actual Christians, they are performative ones.

Also, Jed! is an idiot if (well, actually he's just an idiot) he's wearing jeans in Hawaii. I wonder if he goes in the pool in them, too?

• Like 8
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hard to believe Joy and Katey are due within a day of each other. Joy looks about 9 months, Katey looks about 5 months, but they're both 7 months along.

Joy is only 7 months along? 😳 Her baby is going to be huge. 

• Like 4
On 3/31/2023 at 10:04 AM, ozziemom said:

Thankfully Kathy was able to borrow makeup from Jana. Can you imagine if she was seen without makeup!?! I’m guessing Jed! did not help at all in the packing. In the video he was lounging around on the bed, probably in the way.

Katey is very pretty, naturally pretty, with or without makeup IMO.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Must be nice to go on nice vacations while unemployed? What does Jed do for work? Their  vacations are pricy!

For sure it must be great. Another reason for JB&M and the kidults to double down on their belief system. I'm sure to them they are all very happy and successful adults.

I wonder if this trip was a gift from Katey's mom, or dad and step-mom?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Must be nice to go on nice vacations while unemployed? What does Jed do for work? Their  vacations are pricy!

Jed! “owns” a used car lot. With lousy quality stock if you go by Katie’s pregnancy test story.

• LOL 6

Jed! also has Amish Outdoor Buildings NWA - same address as the car lot. Opening was announced on the car lot fb page late 2022 I think. 

He also has Ambassador Proporties llc which has done pretty limited property buying and selling in Benton County, where the duggar crowd has been building houses.

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Speculation is that her family paid for it. Doesn’t he sell used cars?

There were moments in the video where Katey seemed over it. Almost eye-rolling at Jed's mansplaining of the sights. They both seemed really congested to me, so maybe they weren't feeling great. I would love to take that trip, but I do understand being tired and over it while pregnant and caring for a baby. Truett is really cute. While I did see Tyler and Mack and I heard Jordyn and Josie being mentioned, I'm not good at identifying the still at home Duggars. 

• Like 4

Some thoughts after watching the video:

• Jed's at least a better narrator than James as you could at least hear him and he didn't turn away and start mumbling to someone else.  But, I would have rather seen the sites he rambled on about than look at his mug all the time.
  • Katy looked exhausted.  She is definitely a trouper doing that tour while pregnant and having a small child to boot.
  • Katy made me laugh when she described how meaningful it was to see a young man's bar mitzvah then at the end said "Jed found a Coke".  I imagine the Coke was more exciting to Jed than anything else.
  • The guy baptizing people was creepy to me.  And Jed hooting like he was at a sporting event was disrespectful.
  • I laughed when they got into the Shabbat elevator.  At least they knew what it was.
  • I also laughed at Jed referring to gullible tourists.  I imagine there are some places that someone just said yeah Jesus was here so that people would come and hopefully buy stuff.  Jed is just as gullible in his own way.
  • The group that was singing was painfully off-key.
  • JB seems to have gotten camera-shy.  I saw Michelle from behind, but I don't remember seeing him.
  • Like 9
  • Useful 6
On 4/9/2023 at 10:04 AM, Meow Mix said:

• JB seems to have gotten camera-shy.  I saw Michelle from behind, but I don't remember seeing him.

Could it be that for the first time in his life that braying donkey has a sense of shame? Because until now he had not met a camera he didn’t like. 

The last time they visited Israel the FF led the family singing Amazing Grace at some historical site.  No performative  bullshit for the cameras this time. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 9

Wasn’t the Israel part of the trip a church group tour? Jed! mentioned it was more planned etc than when they were on their own in Italy. Buses were shown too. Some of the kids appeared to be baptized too. I only sort of watched so I could have missed Jed! or Kathy explaining who or what was going on. But it involved Hannie, Jenni, Jordyn, Josie at least.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Wasn’t the Israel part of the trip a church group tour? Jed! mentioned it was more planned etc than when they were on their own in Italy. Buses were shown too. Some of the kids appeared to be baptized too. I only sort of watched so I could have missed Jed! or Kathy explaining who or what was going on. But it involved Hannie, Jenni, Jordyn, Josie at least.

Yes it was, but it never stopped JB from taking over and giving his speeches wherever they were. They are not bound by the rules of polite society. Jed! hollering at the baptism like they were at a Razorbacks game is a good example.

• Like 7
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Yes it was, but it never stopped JB from taking over and giving his speeches wherever they were. They are not bound by the rules of polite society. Jed! hollering at the baptism like they were at a Razorbacks game is a good example.

Yeah I think JB's court outburst "I'm not going to allow it, are you going to allow for that?" to a judge really encapsulates his personality and outlook on life. I don't think he's ever had any sense of decorum or ability to read the room and see when he needs to shut up and sit down, and I doubt he's finally learned it suddenly at his age. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 18
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

How is JB affording this amazing trip for himself and his entire extended family when he's presumably still paying for FF's lawyers and such?  

This is my question with all these people.  I doubt those organized tours are cheap and there were a lot of people who JB couldn't pass the cost on to.  Anna may have kicked something in for her kids (and herself if she went), but the minor Duggars had to be paid for by JB.  I also wonder how Jed! after spending almost a month traveling around could then afford a trip to Maui.  Selling junkers must pay better than I thought.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Meow Mix said:

This is my question with all these people.  I doubt those organized tours are cheap and there were a lot of people who JB couldn't pass the cost on to.  Anna may have kicked something in for her kids (and herself if she went), but the minor Duggars had to be paid for by JB.  I also wonder how Jed! after spending almost a month traveling around could then afford a trip to Maui.  Selling junkers must pay better than I thought.

I put it out there that Jed! could have sold Zach and Whit their new luxury SUV. That would have paid for both trips. 

• Useful 3
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I put it out there that Jed! could have sold Zach and Whit their new luxury SUV. That would have paid for both trips. 

That would be an option if W&Z paid cash which is highly unlikely. Maybe I misheard but Evan said it was new. It still had the paper mat on the driver’s side. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

For 5-6 weeks of travel? Hawaii is more expensive than Europe right now. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, SMama said:

That would be an option if W&Z paid cash which is highly unlikely. Maybe I misheard but Evan said it was new. It still had the paper mat on the driver’s side. 

Was it new? Then Z&W are bigger idiots than I previously thought. 

But it was a good theory! 😃

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, SMama said:

That would be an option if W&Z paid cash which is highly unlikely. 

Why would it have to be cash? Unless it’s a buy here pay here thing, it wouldn’t matter.

26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Why would it have to be cash? Unless it’s a buy here pay here thing, it wouldn’t matter.

I thought that is how their car lots work, cash or buy here pay here. 🤷‍♀️ 

21 minutes ago, SMama said:

I thought that is how their car lots work, cash or buy here pay here. 🤷‍♀️ 

No idea that’s why I asked. There’s used car places that aren’t limited like that.

8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

No idea that’s why I asked. There’s used car places that aren’t limited like that.

In 19 Kids they filmed at the FF’s first car lot a few times. FF was doing his own financing. They pretty much follow the same business pattern.

• Mind Blown 1
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Some fall into their laps by other means. Carlin bought her SUV from Jed! It was barely used. 

Hope she asked for the Carfax - it was probably in a wreck.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, SMama said:

If W&Z took out a loan, the car lot gets a check for the amount from the bank/lender. Also most used car lots detail cars they buy so many have paper mats on the floors.

Anyway, unless Jed somehow got the car dirt cheap, he wouldn't make enough profit from one car to finance weeks of travel.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If W&Z took out a loan, the car lot gets a check for the amount from the bank/lender. Also most used car lots detail cars they buy so many have paper mats on the floors.

That’s why I asked the question above. Do you personally think cash or buy here, pay here are really the only options? 19 kids was quite a while ago if those were the only choices then, would they still be? Seems a bit strange. There’s a few places around here that are buy here pay here, and the monthly payments almost guarantee repossession for those who have no other choice due to their credit. Is that why they’d do it that way? I have no idea what the name of his lot is, or I’d look it up. Sorry so many questions, I know you’re familiar with car lots. 😁

3 minutes ago, SMama said:

They are still using Champion Motorcars, that was the FF’s business when he got married. Does anyone know if JB had his lot under the same name?

Yup, the business has passed through a few Duggars. I found the company FB, and Jed replied to a post, so it all tracks.

Also, the first FB post mentions financing for a featured truck. So it's not just cash only.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That’s why I asked the question above. Do you personally think cash or buy here, pay here are really the only options? 19 kids was quite a while ago if those were the only choices then, would they still be? Seems a bit strange. There’s a few places around here that are buy here pay here, and the monthly payments almost guarantee repossession for those who have no other choice due to their credit. Is that why they’d do it that way? I have no idea what the name of his lot is, or I’d look it up. Sorry so many questions, I know you’re familiar with car lots. 😁

If a car lot is selling, buy here, pay here, they better have a good repossesser, because not all folks just hand over the keys when they stop paying. And yes its usually folks with bad credit who do it that way.

Most car dealers can't afford to do it that way because they need the money to buy more inventory. Cars aren't like jewelry that is marked up 50 - 80%, the profit margin is just not that big, so a car sitting on the lot is money and undependable monthly payments is depreciating money sitting in some one else's driveway. 

States that have good consumer lemons laws for used vehicles very rarely do buy here, pay here because they can't sell junk cars and make any money and in addition to tying up a lot of money, its very risky to let someone drive off with a car they didn't pay for.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Do they have a small RV park in their side yard? Maybe Nathan and Jer live there.

Jer moved the Mold House onto the Duggar back 40. I assume they're living there now. As for Nathan, who knows where he parks his RV? Jed's house is on his car lot. 

• Useful 2
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jer moved the Mold House onto the Duggar back 40. I assume they're living there now. As for Nathan, who knows where he parks his RV? Jed's house is on his car lot. 

I forgot about him moving into the move Mold house, but I did remember Jed lives on the car lot property. This is what I'm talking about.

image.png.bb1acf76c87bed86c16487f632b2c87f.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Imagine having to live near these people.  Either you have a lot full of junkers or you have a bunch of people living in dumpy RVs.  I know Austin tried to get some land rezoned to use as an RV park, but whatever authority turned him down.  Maybe they just decided to do it by Jed's house.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4