Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E16: A Most Wanted Man

• Start Topic

On 4/2/2021 at 6:39 AM, peachmangosteen said:

This is starting to drag. I feel like the same thing happens every season. They should carry a slightly smaller cast and cut the episodes by at least two. I think it would really help with pacing. 

They REALLY needed some double eliminations, sending in both team members to compete individually with their same gender counterparts.  Winners get each other as partners.  Not only would it shorten the season, it would change the strategy, as  it was too easy to figure out if it was a male or female elimination.

I don't care if he wins, but I  want Cory to get to the final.  He really didn't have much opportunity to control his own game, and he's still standing (admittedly, he got to sit out a lot of the challenges on "guy" day, but it also kept him from going in to get his skull).

I also want CT to beat Fessy, just because.

• Love 6

I have to say that every time I come to this thread and see the episode title, which I assume is about Fessy (especially since it was a women's elim), I get this "ugh" reaction like "No!  nobody wants Fessy!  Even his partners who picked him as a shield complain about him as a partner!"  

• LOL 3

I like Leroy but for some reason I just don't care if he wins this season.  Mainly because I feel like it is a foregone conclusion that he will win.  It is like watching Cody win Big Brother All-Stars last season or Boston Rob win his season of Survivor.  There is just nothing to him winning because it seems like most are willing to give him the win.  If Leroy wins cool, but I really don't care if he does or does not. 

Honestly out of the guys left I would rather see Corey or Kyle win.  As for the women, I honestly don't care who wins.  I mean I would rather Kam or Kaycee not win but if they do it would not upset me.  I would just be like, "Oh look they won."

• Love 3

Perhaps long association with challengers is dulling my wits, but kudos to Amber for picking Fessy. It's not a galactic chess move, but it mixes things enough that it's the one (with Leroy off the table) most likely to buy her safety. Not that I think it necessarily will, as I can see the others wanting to get Fessy out if they get a shot next week. I just hope there isn't some Security Breach that means CT has to go in against the house vote or something. I'm pulling for our old man, if for no other reason that to spite Fessy, which is increasingly I goal I hold dear.

And I have to admit it that I sort of want CT to win (if Leroy can't go out on top, which...well, Leroy...) because as rash and hotheaded as he had been in the past, and to an extent this year, I enjoy his comments and i'd love to see the old man huddled in a blanket for the entirety of the season suddenly come out on top.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 4/3/2021 at 1:40 PM, ImpinAintEasy said:

I’m surprised at how many people don’t seem to have a vested rooting interest in LeRoy. Other than being good friends with Johnny, he’s always been incredibly likable. The only downside to him is he is partnered with Kaycee. 

I have found Leroy overall likeable.  He was great when partnered with Mike Mike, and I think he was really gracious about it when Mike couldn't go on.  I think the way he handled Camelia is absolutely admirable.  BUT!  He has had some moments of entitlement as he's become a veteran.  He's gotten pretty pissed sometimes at how dare people "say my name".  And then that time someone...I forget who, said his name as a burn vote and then...was it Theresa? who turned it into him going into the elimination and I remember him losing his shit about that.  I found that move to be hilarious, and I wish shit like that happened more often.

If Lolo had remained, it would have been interesting because I don't know if they would have really seen her as an easy house vote if she didn't have her skull.  Huge chance she goes in, she comes back with a skull and then you are going to have to compete against her in a final.  It would have been smarter in this situation to still freeze her out and keep her out of the final.  Instead, put in the new next strongest competitors against each other - say Kam versus Kaycee if it was a possibility.  You end up with one of them going home AND no Lolo in the finals.  I really wish at least once we had seen two people with who already had skulls go back in, while someone without was forced to watch.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, lasu said:

I have found Leroy overall likeable.  He was great when partnered with Mike Mike, and I think he was really gracious about it when Mike couldn't go on.

Mikey! I liked Mikey. If I recall correctly, Leroy and Mike were really good friends outside of their RW season, and possibly still are. I think Mike got married and Leroy was in attendance to his wedding.

2 hours ago, lasu said:

I think the way he handled Camelia is absolutely admirable.  BUT!  He has had some moments of entitlement as he's become a veteran.  He's gotten pretty pissed sometimes at how dare people "say my name".  And then that time someone...I forget who, said his name as a burn vote and then...was it Theresa? who turned it into him going into the elimination and I remember him losing his shit about that.  I found that move to be hilarious, and I wish shit like that happened more often.

Firstly, Camila is a POS and a terrible person. Usually, I like watching mess and Camila is not good mess to watch.

Theresa did a burn vote in Rivals 2. Leroy went in and won on a technicality against Zach and Trey from RW: St Thomas. I don't recall him losing his shit on that one but I do recall Leroy losing his shit when Britni did a burn vote on Leroy in Dirty 30.

2 hours ago, lasu said:

If Lolo had remained, it would have been interesting because I don't know if they would have really seen her as an easy house vote if she didn't have her skull.  Huge chance she goes in, she comes back with a skull and then you are going to have to compete against her in a final.  It would have been smarter in this situation to still freeze her out and keep her out of the final.  Instead, put in the new next strongest competitors against each other - say Kam versus Kaycee if it was a possibility.  You end up with one of them going home AND no Lolo in the finals.  I really wish at least once we had seen two people with who already had skulls go back in, while someone without was forced to watch.

They could have still kept her out, but when the numbers start to get low, I don't think anyone from the dominating alliance would have been willing to be the sacrificial lamb to go down into elimination instead of Lolo. Everyone always takes the easy option. Nobody was willing to go into elimination against Big T, and everyone thought they could beat her. No one would be willing to take the chance even against the perceived weakest player. Suppose it was Lolo as the last woman without a skull instead of Big T. Their goal would be to stay out of elimination at all cost. If that means sending a "skull-less" Lolo down so that they don't have to go down, they would do it.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, lasu said:

I really wish at least once we had seen two people with who already had skulls go back in, while someone without was forced to watch.

EXACTLY.   Every time there were 2 people from the other alliance who had skulls, BB should have sent them in against each other.  I'm glad they didn't though, because most of my favorites were in the other alliance.  Of course, the risk is that if they sent in CT and Kyle, it might be a women's day and then they risk Kam.  

41 minutes ago, Fretful said:

EXACTLY.   Every time there were 2 people from the other alliance who had skulls, BB should have sent them in against each other.  I'm glad they didn't though, because most of my favorites were in the other alliance.  Of course, the risk is that if they sent in CT and Kyle, it might be a women's day and then they risk Kam.  

To me, that was kind of impossible because the BB had possession of most skulls most of the time.

Fessy and Aneesa held their skulls for most of the season when they were partnered together. They got their skulls about 2 weeks apart from each other. They weren't going back in. Fessy traded partners, dumping Aneesa for Kaycee. However, he only kept her for one episode because Aneesa won her elimination right after that and took Fessy back.

Kam, Leroy, Fessy, Aneesa (when partnered with Fessy), and Josh got their skulls pretty early. By the time most skulls were allocated, the BB had most of them.

By the time all the skulls for the women were allocated, they are all with BB, and I'm including Aneesa in that. By the time all the men's skulls were allocated all but 2 of them were with BB. They had 8 of 10 at one point by the time Nany got her skull.