Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Dildos Down the Shore

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I like Teresa's cordiality with Joe Giu. 

I do too.  I miss them as a couple, but I get it, they couldn’t live together, so they got a whole-ass divorce, not a wonky divorce (giving a heavy sideways glance to another cast member 🙄) and I am glad they are in business together.  If Teresa is telling the truth, it was Joe’s idea, and now they’re both making money off of it.  If I think about it, Teresa is a great spokesperson for sex toys, because she had a traditional marriage, but she was apart from her husband (for an albeit nontraditional reason), so she resorted to sex toys because she didn’t want to cheat.  This is something that can be marketed to army wives, or women who have husbands who are out of town on business.  Alternative forms of sexual gratification within the confines of marriage were actually a part of Teresa’s story since Marge joined the show in S8 and Teresa showed interest in the marijuana that Marge puts on her puss.  I think this is organic, and I like the normalizing of sex toys, as long as they’re not being shoved down our throats (no pun intended).

Speaking of throats, does anyone remember in season 3 when they went to the cabin upstate and Teresa got drunk and outed herself as being bad at blowjobs and Joe pretty much confirmed it was true?  It would be disingenuous if Teresa was giving blowjob classes or something, but shilling vibrators seems real.  And I got to hand it to Teresa for at least being willing to try oral gratification (giving a heavy sideways glance to another cast member 🙄 ).  And, in the seasons before Joe had his drinking problem/jail stay, it seemed like Teresa and Juicy had a very healthy sex life.  I remember her telling a story about them doing stuff on the beach in Punta Cana that didn’t make Juicy sound like a caveman lover.  As late as last season, Teresa told all the ladies that she was always very satisfied in her life with Joe in that area (giving a heavy sideways glance to another cast member, one whose name rhymes with Qelissa). 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The way I recall it, Jackie was standing up for Melissa when Teresa kept insisting that somehow Melissa was "controlling" her husband. Jackie rightfully pointed out that was a stupid thing to say and pointed out Teresa's own inability to control her own husband as a good example why.

I don't particularly love Jackie but it annoys me how much Teresa's bad behavior is given a pass. The entire mess was started by Teresa's weird jealousy of her sister-in-law and inability to accept that Joe's wife and kids might have some claim to his priorities. 

That's how I recall it too.  I also remember the really weird jealousy Teresa exhibited toward Melissa during that time, because of her brother.  Teresa was borderline creepy when it came to Joe. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, janiema said:

I love your posts.

Thank you!  And I want to thank @Mindthinkr for writing that in a different thread—this makes me so happy, yet so nervous that I get all blushy and flustered and never know how to respond.  💗❤️

It is a very tough job, but while I’m at home on my couch watching March Madness, I somehow manage to bravely take one for the team and yak about housewives.  🤣😂🇺🇸 💂‍♀️

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 3/24/2021 at 11:08 PM, Marley said:

That food looked delish it made me so hungry.

Jackie is a bitch, but so is Teresa. Not sure how both are going to stay on the show since I doubt it’ll get any better. Jackie brings nothing so I’ll take Teresa. What a baby Evan is making Jackie go first. He seems lamer and lamer. 

Margaret got ragey because she knows Joe prob did say that and she has prob heard the rumour too.

I liked Jen this episode and her and Bill crack me up.

Both houses were nice being on the water but Dolores’ seemed a tad dated. Joe Gorgas and Melissa’s seemed so bare. I’m assuming they air bnb it.

At guys night - I think Joe B knew he fucked up the minute he said it. I also think he didn't tell Margaret that he fucked up. This is based on her reaction of screeching at Jennifer. This is definitely a rumor that is out there that the ladies have discussed with their husbands and each other off camera.

I find it ridiculous that Jackie claims this rumor will affect Evan's reputation in Finance. I would think having a wife being on the Jersey franchise would harm his reputation more. This is also not their first season, so they know when they sign - what is filmed is edited and spliced together and aired out of sequence as Bravo chooses. So something can be made to look better or worse than the actual event.

I also think having a wife whose father went to prison for FRAUD would have more of an effect on his reputation in finance.

I think the dad's fraud is the reason Jackie has money - she didn't make wise investments nor is she a great business woman. He hid all the money with her. I also believe this is the reason why the sister doesn't speak to her.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

At guys night - I think Joe B knew he fucked up the minute he said it. I also think he didn't tell Margaret that he fucked up. This is based on her reaction of screeching at Jennifer. This is definitely a rumor that is out there that the ladies have discussed with their husbands and each other off camera.

I find it ridiculous that Jackie claims this rumor will affect Evan's reputation in Finance. I would think having a wife being on the Jersey franchise would harm his reputation more. This is also not their first season, so they know when they sign - what is filmed is edited and spliced together and aired out of sequence as Bravo chooses. So something can be made to look better or worse than the actual event.

I also think having a wife whose father went to prison for FRAUD would have more of an effect on his reputation in finance.

I think the dad's fraud is the reason Jackie has money - she didn't make wise investments nor is she a great business woman. He hid all the money with her. I also believe this is the reason why the sister doesn't speak to her.

I also don’t think that the rumor of an affair would affect whether clients would hire him for investment advice. I do think however, that were I going to place money with his firm, I would worry about the level of due diligence he performed before getting involved in a Real Housewives show.

• Love 4

I don't understand why it's a big deal whether or not Joe B heard the rumor before Evan's party. Hearing a rumor does not validate it. Several people having heard the same rumor, also, does not validate it. Didn't Jen say that she had heard the rumor before, but paid it no mind (at Evan's first party, while Teresa was telling everyone)? The only thing that verifies, is that the rumor has spread. 

Is it because he's lying about it and the guys are covering for him? I'd probably lie about it too, under the same circumstances. It's not hurting anyone; If anything, it's trying to spare more hurt feelings for Jackie.

Can we try a few episodes of both Jackie and Teresa filming from their closets or driveways while the others get together? I'd like to see a scene where their issues aren't the topic of conversation.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 3

I am thinking that Jen could be the next queen bee, she has the money, a husband that is not a felon, and she has elderly parents (like Tre did for so many seasons),  that she has to manage as in a father that is living with her temporarily, lots of kids and can stir up drama and tell people to shut up, all the things that Tre does/did.

Jackie does not have the quick thinking to deal with Tre and Tre is a bit thick headed.

Marge's face confuses me, she looks really pretty in some scenes and other times she looks scary.

• Love 5
On 3/25/2021 at 4:57 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

The flowers that Delores had at David's house were unreal! So beautiful but why, it was overkill for a 6 person gathering, I can only imagine how she spent for all that.

Tre is an idiot, she starts a fight, says vile things then flees the scene, rinse and repeat.  I hope her new boyfriend really understands the core person she is, she will never apologize to him for anything

Jackie's hair always looks so unkempt, she packed an huge bag for two nights, was it filled with acid wash denim outfits with a few unflattering non denim choices.  

Delores's dress game is strong.

Actually, Teresa is a bit different with the "man" in her life. If the pattern stays the same, she'll defend him no matter what, and minimize any insults he throws her way as him "joking".

I don't know how much of Jackie hair is actually still growing out of her scalp. I think her eating disorder is still raging and that causes big clumps of hair loss. I think the luggage is stuffed with clip in hair bundles and a scale.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

My guess is that Joe didn’t go after Teressa’s money because there isn’t any. Between legal fees, tax fees, fines, penalties, restitution...I doubt they have much liquid to go after. Plus Teressa has full custody of the kids so anything Joe could get from Teressa, he would probably have to give right back as child support. My guess is at best, they are pretty broke but managed to pay off the debt. Teressa NEEDS this gig, hence her hanging onto the fight with Jackie for dear life.

Not that I’m on Jacki’s side. I’ve always disliked her and thought she has a lot of class and privilege issues. They way she went after Jen last season had some very icky anti-immigrant smell on it. I’ve been side-eying her ever since she went to great pains last season to explain why the way she and Evan spend obscene amounts of money is cool and classy but the way the Jen and Bill spend obscene amounts of money is tacky and damaging to their kids.

However, I still think Teressa was wrong to run around Evan birthday party talking about him “doing stuff at the gym.” Just like Jackie’s whole “analogy”about Gia and her refusal to apologize was wrong. Both are pretty terrible people.

Speaking of people I’ve never liked...called it with Marge! She is that woman who weaponizes concern. She’s so worried about Jen’s drinking that she has to express concern for Jen’s children at a separate event when Jen wasn’t even drinking. Shut the fuck up. Older women like her being “concerned” about my weight was how I developed a terrible eating disorder as a teen.

Team Jen!

Theres something about Dolores I can’t hate. She’s weird as fuck and a bit of a killjoy but I kind of love watching her pretend her life is normal. 

Melissa is never going to be my favorite but I did crack up when Teressa asked her if she had ever bullied her and she said “well you did call me a stripper.” Who here has felt personally victimized by Teressa Gudice? 😂😂😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:
On 3/27/2021 at 10:18 AM, Kdawg82 said:

I like Teresa's cordiality with Joe Giu. 

I do too.  I miss them as a couple, but I get it, they couldn’t live together, so they got a whole-ass divorce, not a wonky divorce (giving a heavy sideways glance to another cast member 🙄) and I am glad they are in business together.

Lots of water under that bridge.  Joe Giudice definitely seems more likable now via FaceTime than he ever did while on the show prior to deportation.  Yeah, yeah, the guy has done plenty wrong but he has paid for it in a much more serious way than many others who have committed fraud.  I think his main saving grace in my eyes has been the way his four daughters treat him. The ladies on this show can put on whatever performance they like for the sake of the cameras, but those girls are not actresses and the affection they have shown for their dad can't be faked. That has to stem from something positive. Nonno also seemed to like him and seemed very happy to see him when they went to Italy. The way he dealt with T and other adults on the show wasn't great, but I always had the feeling that was influenced by him not wanting to be on the show and actually had an appreciation for the fact that he did not seem to be putting on the same famewhorish types of appearances shown by most of the other husbands. Faults to be sure, but not a total write-off.  

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Forgot to mention the wonky editing when Tre and Jen were in the back seat of the car going down to the shore ("down the shore"). There was a shopping bag between them and then there wasn't. And then it was back, and then it was gone. Etc. Etc. Etc. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

orgot to mention the wonky editing when Tre and Jen were in the back seat of the car going down to the shore ("down the shore"). There was a shopping bag between them and then there wasn't. And then it was back, and then it was gone. Etc. Etc. Etc. 

There was a real biggie a couple of episodes ago involving Margaret.  I find this one to be egregious:  https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/2543460/rhonj-staging-scenes-fakery-margaret-josephs-polish-changing-color/

• Useful 3

I love Jennifer. She’s very smart, articlate, engaging, always with a touch of obnoxious immaturity and at times, typical Jersey tacky, yet self-aware enough not to be cringe-worthy. 
She’s been my favorite for every season she’s been on the show. 

• Love 1

Oh wow. Melissa was ANGRY, she’s never flipped out like that before. And Teresa didn’t know what to say. 
I do get why Teresa hates Jackie, though. Jackie dishes it out, then cries foul and can’t take it. She’s too fragile for this show. 

Is there some NJ bylaw that all of these episode titles have to have sexual connotations?

I am not a Dolores fan, but I like that both of her kids have their sights set on normal careers. I also love that her daughter showed up in a super casual T-shirt and without the spackle makeup that is ubiquitous on this franchise.

There is too much Joe Gorga on this show. Though, to be fair, I would think that any amount was too much.

• Love 2

“Did I ever treat you like shit?”

”Well, you did have my hair pulled....”

”Well, you did call me a stripper...” 

10/10. Would watch again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/24/2021 at 9:45 PM, goofygirl said:

Could we just switch the HoWIVES for the HoBOYFRIENDS/HUSBANDS/EX-HUSBANDS of New Jersey?

Those guys are hilarious!

I enjoy watching the guys too. Jersey has the most entertaining boyfriends/husbands/ex-husbands.