Type keyword(s) to search

Overserved With Lisa Vanderpump - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 4/1/2021 at 10:41 PM, Stats Queen said:

So enjoyed this latest episode with Trixie Mattel and zingy Azelea. I don’t know much about them, but it was so much fun.

I know!  And I can't stand rappers, drag queens remind me of sad clowns, and I still don't like Lisa - yet I really enjoyed this episode 😄   I wish the housewives could have some fun like this without always having someone have to "start something".

• Love 8
On 3/21/2021 at 8:46 PM, dosodog said:

And if you like this, I highly recommend Escape to the Chateau, Saturdays, on HGTV, at 8 pm.

Thanks for the recommendation - just watched it and I love it!  I don't watch HGTV so I'd never have found it on my own!

• Love 3

Escape to the Chateau.  The ONLY thing I don't like about this show was o didn't find it last year during the lockdown!

It truly is beautiful.  And kind.  But interesting!

• Love 7

Just ran across this for the first time. I would watch more but am not a Jeff Lewis fan, though I used to be.  And, I now have issues with Tori Spelling.  Maybe, the next guests will be more to my liking.  

• Love 2

Best tea of this episode for me was learning that Lisa and Ken banned Kelly Dodd from PUMP because she refused to pay her bill.  

Well, and Jeff Lewis riding the flamingo was pretty entertaining, too.  

I hope the ratings pick up.  I find it a nice escape from the usual drama-filled antics of the housewives shows.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

There seemed to have been some past issues between LVP and Jeff. The divorce conversation was a bit uncomfortable and awkward. I'm glad he lightened up after a few drinks and had fun. Eeeewww!! He kissed Andy 🤢🤮

I highly doubt Tori would have changed the world if daddy had left her more money. She had 3 warehouses full of clothes! Wasn't she sued for unpaid credit card bills? I imagine, if he had left her another $50mil, she'd have spent that too.

I'm not a fan of Tori or Jeff, but it was still a fun episode.

eta: I would flove for Andy to take her up on the invitation to appear on the show, THAT would be interesting

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 6
On 4/9/2021 at 9:13 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Best tea of this episode for me was learning that Lisa and Ken banned Kelly Dodd from PUMP because she refused to pay her bill.  

Seems like I read something about this a month or so ago.  I believe that she actually did pay her bill.  There was some kind of misunderstanding.  I think that LVP apologized.  Someone correct me if my memory is fuzzy on this one!!

On 4/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, SweetieDarling said:

I highly doubt Tori would have changed the world if daddy had left her more money. She had 3 warehouses full of clothes! Wasn't she sued for unpaid credit card bills? I imagine, if he had left her another $50mil, she'd have spent that too.

I remember reading articles about her in the past.  She once said that she was a "product whore," and I've read that she was a compulsive shopper.  Knowing that she had 3 warehouses full of clothes validates that particular article!  I think that she would've burned through all of her money no matter how much he left her.  That's probably why he didn't leave her more than he did.   Her brother, Randy, became a life coach and lives in the state of Washington.  I recently read an article about him in which he talked about growing up the son of such a successful and powerful Dad.  He knew it would be difficult to follow in his footsteps.  I think that he had some issues, but I'm glad that he got his life together and is doing what he loves.   Their Mom, Candy, had a show for a season or two that showed her selling the big mansion and her subsequent purchase in a high-rise condo.  They had to re-do some of the architecture of the building in order for her to put in a swimming pool up in her mini-mansion!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Seems like I read something about this a month or so ago.  I believe that she actually did pay her bill.  There was some kind of misunderstanding.  I think that LVP apologized.  Someone correct me if my memory is fuzzy on this one!!

I read the same thing. 

• Love 2
On 4/11/2021 at 9:23 PM, ChitChat said:

I remember reading articles about her in the past.  She once said that she was a "product whore," and I've read that she was a compulsive shopper.  Knowing that she had 3 warehouses full of clothes validates that particular article!  I think that she would've burned through all of her money no matter how much he left her.  That's probably why he didn't leave her more than he did.   Her brother, Randy, became a life coach and lives in the state of Washington.  I recently read an article about him in which he talked about growing up the son of such a successful and powerful Dad.  He knew it would be difficult to follow in his footsteps.  I think that he had some issues, but I'm glad that he got his life together and is doing what he loves.   Their Mom, Candy, had a show for a season or two that showed her selling the big mansion and her subsequent purchase in a high-rise condo.  They had to re-do some of the architecture of the building in order for her to put in a swimming pool up in her mini-mansion!  

Hahahahaha LVP has never apologized for anything!  It could have been something like "I'm sorry you were embarrassed when we treated you like the deadbeat you are" 😄   That's her style of apology 😄 

As for Tori's hoarding - on her tv show we were let into one of her storage lockers - it wasn't just clothes, but bins full of beanie babies and other crap like that.  When she said she might have changed the world had he left her the money - but now we'll never know 😫 - my eyeballs nearly rolled off my head.  That being said, I do enjoy her as a character on shows like this 😄  

Edited by princelina
  • Love 2
On 3/28/2021 at 9:18 PM, Stats Queen said:

I agree, the second show was definitely missing something that the first episode had.

I was a disappointed that Cheryl Hines seemed a little pretentious.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, princelina said:

Hahahahaha LVP has never apologized for anything!  It could have been something like "I'm sorry you were embarrassed when we treated you like the deadbeat you are" 😄   That's her style of apology

The few times that me and Mr. Chat have disagreed on something, I break the tension by saying "I'm sorry that you made me mad!"  We laugh and all is right with the world.  (I do apologize properly though!)  😉

8 hours ago, druzy said:

I was a disappointed that Cheryl Hines seemed a little pretentious.

She and Joel McHale just didn't make good guests.  He was too snarky, and I thought she would've been funnier.  

• Love 10

I haven't watched all of the episodes but the three I saw were a lot of fun for me.  I really like seeing LVP's spread, menu and entertainment options.  I have also learned about her guests; I'm not the biggest "People Magaine" reader in the world (as in, as I get older and read the magazine at the hair salon, I'm asking myself, "Who are these people?").  I agree that sharing the recipes would be great.  Perhaps a half cooking show (Hell, we're watching *name amateur celebrity chef on the food network*) and the entertainment this show provides.

I like Pandora's addition to the program; she never bothered me and I'm glad to see she is doing well.

The funniest thing so far (and I haven't seen all of the programs) is when Lance Bass's spouse bumped his nose and exclaimed "I'm Team Rinna."

Just a fun, fun program for me.

• Love 9

Morocco!   With Jeannie Mai and Meagan Good.  I have no idea who they are or what they do.  Okay!  I know Meagan Good from Shazam!

I am less than 5 minutes in and fascinated by the decor, the food and the guests.  Also Mama Mai.  She needs to come to an Overserved party.  Seriously.  She has to have stories to tell.....Has to!  My jaw literally, not figuratively, dropped open over Uncle Ted.

It is surprising Lisa doesn't have any monkeys.

I share in Jeannie Mai's enthusiasm.  Smoke wafting from a drink. Sigh. I would never leave.  

That was fun and light hearted tonight.  I have decided that Jeannie Mai is fun!

• Love 4
On 4/14/2021 at 3:18 PM, ChitChat said:

The few times that me and Mr. Chat have disagreed on something, I break the tension by saying "I'm sorry that you made me mad!"  We laugh and all is right with the world.  (I do apologize properly though!)  😉

She and Joel McHale just didn't make good guests.  He was too snarky, and I thought she would've been funnier.  

“I’m sorry that you made me mad”! Totally stealing that one! 😉

• Love 3
16 hours ago, dosodog said:

Morocco!   With Jeannie Mai and Meagan Good.  I have no idea who they are or what they do.  Okay!  I know Meagan Good from Shazam!

I am less than 5 minutes in and fascinated by the decor, the food and the guests.  Also Mama Mai.  She needs to come to an Overserved party.  Seriously.  She has to have stories to tell.....Has to!  My jaw literally, not figuratively, dropped open over Uncle Ted.

It is surprising Lisa doesn't have any monkeys.

I share in Jeannie Mai's enthusiasm.  Smoke wafting from a drink. Sigh. I would never leave.  

That was fun and light hearted tonight.  I have decided that Jeannie Mai is fun!

Me neither! As I always say to people who are good hosts, “How are you ever going to get rid of us?” So far, there has not been a need for police involvement, but at Lisa’s? Can’t guarantee anything 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I appears that LVP and Pandora can cook just about anything!  Lisa seems to be enjoying her remodeled kitchen (as featured on the HWs show).  Wasn't that the scene of the crime - Kyle getting thrown out?  lol.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Tonight is starting off right. Oversized Bloody Mary's.  I prefer a Bloody Caesar, but Mary is almost as good.  Cookies dipped in chocolate.  Some sort of purple flower cylinder--maybe ice or a candle?  French toast and scrambled eggs.

Guests are Ana Camp and Lala Kent.  I know who both of them are!

Hanging with the mini ponies.  And more about Harry Potter's magic wand then I needed to know....

Lots of sex talk.  Lots.  And pregnancy stuff.   If I were at this brunch, my eyes would be going back and forth like a tennis match and the Bloody Mary's would be getting sucked down.   I'd be slightly drunk and kind of uncomfortable with the conversation. 

Okay.  The purple thing with flowers are lovely ice, chilling bowls.   Not cookies.  Chocolate Stoop waffles (stoop doesn't seem right).

Pregnancy sex talk. My glass needs filling.  More Bloody Mary please.....

Um.  I'm just going to pretend I didn't see Snookie. Get his groove on.  LISA. 

Next week Sheryl Underwood and Mario Lopez.

• Love 3

Another fun show.

I loved the ice with flowers for chilling the wine! So cool, and easy enough that I might be able to pull it off, even tho I have no real reason to.

These get-togethers look like so much fun! I am totally envious of the food, the drinks, the scenery, and the laughter. 

A stroopwafel is a wafer cookie made from two thin layers of baked dough joined by a caramel filling. First made in the Dutch city of Gouda, stroopwafels are popular throughout the Netherlands and the former Dutch Empire and are well-known Dutch dishes.

That dog REALLY loves Lisa. 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Another fun show.

Yes, very fun, very light-hearted.  Two funny lunch guests.  I love that Camp wasn't above it all, she was totally engaged!

2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

These get-togethers look like so much fun! I am totally envious of the food, the drinks, the scenery, and the laughter. 

You and me both!

Stroopwafel for the win!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Did not enjoy this episode. It just seemed like an ad for Vanderpump Rules.

It was just meh for me.  I don't know either of her guests, and the one just kept laughing the whole time.  I felt like the third wheel in a party. 

• Love 3

The least successful episode was the one with Lala.  Does anybody like her? No?  I didn't think so.  Did the other guest say she was on Pitch Perfect?  I didn't recognize her but if so, they should have had her sing.

I still love seeing LVP's property.  Perhaps more on that and less on Lala would be a more winning formula. I would have too go back and rewatch the Lala episode but they didn't focus as much on the food (IMHO).  Please, focus on the food!

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, albarino said:

The least successful episode was the one with Lala.  Does anybody like her? No?  I didn't think so.  Did the other guest say she was on Pitch Perfect?  I didn't recognize her but if so, they should have had her sing.

I still love seeing LVP's property.  Perhaps more on that and less on Lala would be a more winning formula. I would have too go back and rewatch the Lala episode but they didn't focus as much on the food (IMHO).  Please, focus on the food!

The food, the decor and ponies!! Although they are miniature horses, so why Lisa calls them ponies?..?

I am curious as to what happened to the swans, Hanky and Panky.

• Love 2
On 4/22/2021 at 11:48 PM, dosodog said:

Okay.  The purple thing with flowers are lovely ice, chilling bowls.   Not cookies.  Chocolate Stoop waffles (stoop doesn't seem right).

Stroopwaffles - yum 😄

1 hour ago, albarino said:

The least successful episode was the one with Lala.  Does anybody like her? No?  I didn't think so.

No, no one does.  You are correct 😁I.  She actually said, when Lisa asked if she was with "her man" for sex or money - "What do you think? Money" as if it's obvious.  (Which it is). Nice.

18 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

The food, the decor and ponies!! Although they are miniature horses, so why Lisa calls them ponies?..?

I am curious as to what happened to the swans, Hanky and Panky.

They've been shown in previous episodes, swimming around looking menacing 😃

• LOL 2
On 4/24/2021 at 8:56 PM, Stats Queen said:

Although they are miniature horses, so why Lisa calls them ponies?..?

Probably 'cause it's easier & quicker just to say ponies compared to miniature horses!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I do like this show, but I think it's going to go stale very quickly.  I love seeing her house, animals, and all of the luxury she lives in, but she needs to come up with some different things to talk about with her guests other than their sex lives.   It doesn't bother me, it just gets old.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

They made special appearances in the last episode!  They were much more interesting than the Lopez's.

I wondered what happened to the swans and then they were in the last episode😀😀😀

This show is just such light hearted fun, which I really appreciate as the last 18 months have been rough for me.... and the last 14 months has been rough for all of us.

I didn’t mind the Lopez’s. The weren’t that exciting but I liked that Mario seemed fairly down to earth and grounded for someone in Hollywood. I really don’t follow celebrities in general, so this is a nice diversion.

• Love 5
On 3/25/2021 at 9:07 AM, dosodog said:

I think we are getting the giant wheel of cheese for dinner.  So far?  Still not jaded by the sight of a giant wheel of cheese being heated up!

OMG!  Okay, I admit that I'm easily impressed (see giant wheel of cheese comments), but that recipe section!  And the cocktails!  I need to get more "fancy" in my life.

Last weekend's drink:

http://www.veryvanderpump.com/drink#/butterfly-french-75

And a recipe for the infamous Goat Cheese Balls:

http://www.veryvanderpump.com/eat#/the-famous-goat-cheese-balls

Ciao!  See you tonight!

I’m late to the party, just now doing a mini marathon of all episodes.  

I wonder if the purple drink is the same as the one they serve at Tom Tom??  I can’t remember the actual name but it is purple and has butterfly in the name of it.  If so, I had it when we went to Tom Tom (pre COVID)!

• Love 4
On 4/30/2021 at 6:12 PM, ChitChat said:

I do like this show, but I think it's going to go stale very quickly.  I love seeing her house, animals, and all of the luxury she lives in, but she needs to come up with some different things to talk about with her guests other than their sex lives.   It doesn't bother me, it just gets old.  

Unfortunately, Lisa's pretty much a one-trick pony when it comes to conversation topics, and immature sex jokes are it.

58 minutes ago, princelina said:

Yeah I think they're both kind of sad and vile, but that's Lisa's cup of tea right there!

I figure she's getting whomever she can that's close by since this appears to have been filmed in the height of the pandemic.  

14 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I figure she's getting whomever she can that's close by since this appears to have been filmed in the height of the pandemic.  

Even under the best of circumstances this is still an E! reality show, so Z-list guest appearances are going to be par for the course.  Sometimes it might be successful (Vivica Fox and Lance Bass, Iggy Azalea and Trixie Mattel) and sometimes it might bomb (Joel McHale and Cheryl Hines, Margaret Cho and Steve-O).

THAT was a fun episode! I'm not familiar with Loni Love, she was hysterical! I never realized I had something in common with The Queen; My handbag has no money in it either 🤣 So cool that she got to play French horn in a performance for Reagan, and then got to go to the White House and meet the Obamas!

The DuBrows drunk, is always a good time, and seeing someone outdo Heather with opulent displays of wealth was golden! Not surprising that Terry avoided interacting with his kids. I'm surprised he took part in the family nights at all. He probably showed up for the family photo, then had Paul Nassif conveniently page him for "an emergency". Has he ever been into the family life? He seems all about the money. The rectal exam story proves he was always like that. Who knew Heather was so good at Rose Pong? I expected her to be competitive, but she was surprisingly good at that AND the cornhole game.

I enjoyed this episode.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

THAT was a fun episode! I'm not familiar with Loni Love, she was hysterical!

Never heard of her, but she was funny.  She and the Dubrows made good dinner guests, unlike a few of the other guests Lisa has had.  I wish they had more time because Loni was hilarious.  I could've listened to her for another hour!  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

THAT was a fun episode! I'm not familiar with Loni Love, she was hysterical! I never realized I had something in common with The Queen; My handbag has no money in it either 🤣 So cool that she got to play French horn in a performance for Reagan, and then got to go to the White House and meet the Obamas!

The DuBrows drunk, is always a good time, and seeing someone outdo Heather with opulent displays of wealth was golden! Not surprising that Terry avoided interacting with his kids. I'm surprised he took part in the family nights at all. He probably showed up for the family photo, then had Paul Nassif conveniently page him for "an emergency". Has he ever been into the family life? He seems all about the money. The rectal exam story proves he was always like that. Who knew Heather was so good at Rose Pong? I expected her to be competitive, but she was surprisingly good at that AND the cornhole game.

I enjoyed this episode.

I recall him referring to their daughter, Coco, as a "little bitch" in a housewives episode.

I don't care for either of the Dubrows.

Lucky Idaho...The Dubrows are building one of their ridiculously hideous oversized mausoleums lovely homes in their state.  

I loved Loni Love, too.  She saved this episode for me.  That comparison to Queen Elizabeth was hilarious.  😂

• Love 2
(edited)

I saw a bit of a couple episodes and thought the show was very cute, but I watch so many other shows that Overserved hit the back burner. 

I went ahead and deleted a bunch of episodes because the guests didn't pull me in. I knew Loni Love would be fun, and the episode left me wanting more. I know not everyone is Loni, but I regret deleting all the other episodes! lol 

Lisa herself is a lot of fun, and her home is gorgeous. Being a guest in her home seems like quite an experience. I like seeing Ken. I also like Pandora. She seems very normal and sweet and not a typical rich kid. (Ditto Max, not sure if he appears.) Props to Lisa and Ken for their parenting. I also really like the feel good vibe of the show. I'm going to try watching more episodes because I need something that leaves me feeling positive. Not surprised the episode with Lala did the worst. lol She's gorgeous, but I remember not finding her likable when I tried watching Vanderpump Rules. That's the key to the success of the show imo-likable guests. I could do without obnoxious reality stars, but more talented comedians would be great. 

Even though I'm late to the party, it makes me sad the ratings are low. Vanderpump Rules killed in the ratings, and I enjoy this show so much more. We get the Lisa fix with celebrities instead of the chuckleheads. :)

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4