Type keyword(s) to search

The Blended Bunch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 4/2/2021 at 6:08 PM, eel21788 said:

I called Utah CPS after the first episode. Feel free to do the same if you want to.

https://dcfs.utah.gov/contact-us/

I know people were saying the same thing with the Duggers.  Does CPS actually follow up on stuff we see on tv? Or brush it off as fake tv?

These two idiots are forcing a situation and making it worse with rushing to marry, moving in and the name change.

Those kids are going to get the hell out of dodge as soon as they are old enough.

• Love 1

I would love to know why people agree to do these types of shows, I can only think it’s for the money.  Erica’s brother is definitely crossing boundaries left and right.  I’m surprised Spencer hasn’t decked him.  

• LOL 1

Assuming the conversation Emma snd Harper had while cooking together was authentic, they have  really come 'round in a relatively short period time.

Under normal circumstances, their behavior towards each other might be a sign that they aren't the two kindest people, but any judgment has to be mitigated by the fact they're children, dealing with a traumatic loss and the subsequent addition of a  big step family - all while being filmed. 

This episode, I was very impressed with how quickly they both are obviously working through what must be unspeakably difficult emotions. and then offering each other compassion and understanding  And I was also proud of Emma for articulating her feelings about changing her last name to Means-Shemwell; honestly, she plead her case against it considerably better than Erica's in favor of.  And good on Emma for standing firm - whether Erica makes her accept a name change or not, her feelings are legitimate and should be regarded as such.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Assuming the conversation Emma snd Harper had while cooking together was authentic, they have  really come 'round in a relatively short period time.

Under normal circumstances, their behavior towards each other might be a sign that they aren't the two kindest people, but any judgment has to be mitigated by the fact they're children, dealing with a traumatic loss and the subsequent addition of a  big step family - all while being filmed. 

This episode, I was very impressed with how quickly they both are obviously working through what must be unspeakably difficult emotions. and then offering each othet compassionate and understanding  And I was also proud of Emma for articulating her feelings about changing ŕher last name to Means-Shemwell; honestly, she plead her case against it considerably better than Erica's in favor of.  And good on Emma for standing firm - whether Erica makes her accept a name change or not, her feelings are legitimate and should be regarded as such.

They’re both really smart little girls who could be really good support for each other if the adults in their lives did the necessary work to cultivate that relationship and help them with their obvious grief and sorrow. Unfortunately, I think Erica and Spencer’s insistence that everyone be one happy family right now forces those girls to feel like they’re losing the last connections to their lost parent. It must be terrible to not only lose your parent, but then have so little control over what you have left of that parent. Add in Emma’s health situation and it’s even worse.  

• Love 7

I saw the title of this episode and haven't yet been able to bring myself to actually watch it.  

Unless the title of this episode is very misleading, I'm aghast that these assholes would even consider having another child, what with at least 4 children possibly (likely?) needing specialized medical care in the not-too-distant future, Erica caterwauling about how stressed she is with the 11 kids they have between them, and all the other assorted bullshit within this family, the very last thing these people need is another helpless child brought into the mix.  

Ugh.  

These people are revolting.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4
On 4/17/2021 at 8:25 AM, greekmom said:

I know people were saying the same thing with the Duggers.  Does CPS actually follow up on stuff we see on tv? Or brush it off as fake tv?

These two idiots are forcing a situation and making it worse with rushing to marry, moving in and the name change.

Those kids are going to get the hell out of dodge as soon as they are old enough.

The guy I talked to said he would "staff it with a supervisor" whatever that means. 

• Love 1
On 4/17/2021 at 10:25 AM, greekmom said:

CPS is getting calls about kids being beaten, starved, living in crack dens (and since it's Utah, child brides). Reality TV is probably wayyyyy down on their list of investigations. Lots of us have parents who made bad decisions raising us, that doesn't make them criminals. Calling CPS isn't the way to go, it would be calling TLC or the production company and their sponsors. These kids aren't being abused, they just have morons for parents. 

• Love 12

I just started watching this episode and the scene in the grocery store with Spencer and his children talking about Amiee makes my blood boil. Spencer is one sick human being. 
Maybe I could understand if he wants  to have a conversation with his children about their mother , but not in the middle of the freaking grocery store and not on camera. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, BucFan said:

I just started watching this episode and the scene in the grocery store with Spencer and his children talking about Amiee makes my blood boil. Spencer is one sick human being. 
Maybe I could understand if he wants  to have a conversation with his children about their mother , but not in the middle of the freaking grocery store and not on camera. 

I finally watched this mess last night, against my better judgment.

The grocery store scene was not only disturbing, but I caught something.

Spencer has stated that he remembered nothing, nada, nil, zip about the accident, just driving along and then woke up in a helicopter.

But then last night he started crying talking about the memory of smelling Aimee's cake batter ice cream after/during the wreck.

I know it's possible he has flickers of memories which isn't uncommon at all after trauma, but he went from proclaiming to remember ZERO except for driving and then awakening in the helicopter to having a very strong olfactory memory about the ice cream.

Maybe I've watched too much ID Discovery programming, but that really bugs me and makes me wonder if he remembers more of the accident than we've been told.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

These shows and potty training on TLC are so tasteless.  Why do they keep showing kids exposed?  Outdaughtered and sweet home sextuplets did the same.  Those pictures are out there forever.  Why as a parent would you do that to your kid?  They are too young for it to be their choice.  That they were in the bathroom looking in the bowl to see if he went is beyond.  Why don't you just skip the potty training visuals on tv and leave the kids some privacy while they learn.  You know at some point they become of age and will be aware there is pictures out there of them and other kids will know.  That is just so irresponsible of the parents.

Edited by justdoit10
add
  • Love 4
On 4/28/2021 at 9:42 AM, justdoit10 said:

These shows and potty training on TLC are so tasteless.  Why do they keep showing kids exposed?  

One of my complaints to CPS was "half-naked children sitting on the pot" as well as why a 3, 4, and 5 year old were still in diapers. 

To whoever said above they didn't  think these children are being abused, I beg to differ. I do think they are suffering from emotional abuse that will only continue to worsen if their private lives continue to be invaded by TV cameras.

Edited by eel21788

The name change discussion with the therapist, so manipulative. If she wants to keep her dads name she is old enough to make that choice, her parents need to stop pressuring her to change it. They say it’s her choice but make it sound like she won’t be a part of the family if she doesn’t.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't know why they pretend that it's OK for the kids to keep the late father's name, because it isn't.    The pressure on a child to change their name is revolting.     I'm sure that nothing that the parents want is negotiable, and I hate that they're getting a psychologist to cooperate in the charade.    I'm sure if any of the children don't want to change to Spencer's last name, that the pressure will be endless, and if the children try to hold out, they will be punished.     I really can see the parents making constant remarks to a hold out child about not being part of the family, because they don't conform.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

If them all having the same name is so important why can’t they all (including spencer and his kids) change to “Meanswell” which they seem to use for some things (the star, something else in an earlier episode). See what they all think of that! 

• Love 2
On 3/24/2021 at 12:38 AM, camom said:

Interesting that there is a pentagram on the headstone.  I'm sure it means something different to them, but I associate it with Satanism.

Sigh. That is not what a pentagram means. Paganism is the oldest religion in the world and has nothing to do with Satan. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/6/2021 at 10:56 PM, toomuchtv said:

Spencer’s face is really feminine... something with his eyes/eyebrows 

Agreed. 

He can’t help it but his nose looks like a limp penis from the side. His looks are unfortunate in my opinion and his genes are strong with his children. Thankfully not the nose part, just mostly the eye area and the weak chin. 

Edited by HahYallDoin
Forgot a word
  • Love 2