Type keyword(s) to search

FNS Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

• Start Topic

@SusannahTaylor3, tell that to the Top Chef execs, who put Kristin through to the win after she was eliminated and brought back. They started this "redemption" mess and I think this show is trying to emulate that. I hate redemption anything, nowhere more so than on Survivor, and on these cooking competitions.

• Love 3

I agree, SusannahTaylor3, I think Luca might take this thing.  Then again the "cursing" YouTube video of Lenny was suddenly removed from his channel this morning.  Not sure what that means, but take that for what it's worth.  It either means Food Network made him take it down because he's going to be the winner and they want to cover it up, or they disapproved of it and it disqualified him from winning and made him take it down.  I despise Lenny so I hope it's the latter.  Unfortunately the way this whole thing is shaping up, I don't really hold out much hope for that.  I know the voting is probably close between Luca and Lenny but given everything else said in this thread, it looks like Lenny's the shoo in.

Maybe it means Luca was a part of the cruise whether he won or not, meaning he was signed up for it before anyone knew who the winner would be.

I'm thinking that Lenny knows they're voting and picking the winner and the video was removed because of that reason. Isn't this the only part of the show that is live ? I think they would have already disqualified him if the videos were a problem. They were done a while back so maybe Lenny has grown up a little since making them. Like I have said over and over I don't think there is a runaway winner here. I think it will be close.

Wow.  I'll bet Top Chef could use a story like that.  Wonder if they'll steal it?

I knew that the same thing happened on Top Chef.  I'm not suggesting this is some new thing.  But the average FN viewer might not have a clue about it (take my mother who watches this show religiously but never once watched Top Chef). I also think they would probably love for this narrative on here to somehow validate why they even bother with Star Salvation 

@SusannahTaylor3, tell that to the Top Chef execs, who put Kristin through to the win after she was eliminated and brought back. They started this "redemption" mess and I think this show is trying to emulate that. I hate redemption anything, nowhere more so than on Survivor, and on these cooking competitions.

It's just not fair to the ones that weren't eliminated. They performed well and stayed in the game. The judges had reason to eliminate Luca and he was out. Also not fair to the other contestants who were eliminated and didn't have Luca's chance to redeem himself on Star Salvation. It's almost like they were aiming to get him back and they had to find a fair way to do it so they got the contestant who was eliminated before him and two past season competitors so they can say they gave others a chance. Like I said, I would be complaining if I was Sarah.

While I thought Kristin should never have been eliminated in the first place and therefore I didn't actually mind the way her win played out, I don't like redemption play-back-in sub-competitions. OTOH, by now, contestants know that it's a possibility. And that changes the game somewhat, too.

I knew that the same thing happened on Top Chef.  I'm not suggesting this is some new thing.  But the average FN viewer might not have a clue about it (take my mother who watches this show religiously but never once watched Top Chef). I also think they would probably love for this narrative on here to somehow validate why they even bother with Star Salvation

I think Star Salvation is another way for FN to grab ratings. See how were discussing it here? Lots of reality shows use this premise to infuse more excitement into the show. I don't think its fair to the contestants who have never been eliminated.

While I thought Kristin should never have been eliminated in the first place and therefore I didn't actually mind the way her win played out, I don't like redemption play-back-in sub-competitions. OTOH, by now, contestants know that it's a possibility. And that changes the game somewhat, too.

And where it once was a curve in a competition it is now predictable. They will find some way to bring a contestant back... Oh let's do a salvation show. If they win that, then let's put them back in the show. If it wasn't done so often it would bring some excitement... Maybe. Yes it does change the game. Luca has a viable chance to win the competition. I'd be pissed if I was Lenny or Nicole or even Sarah because they legitimately made it to the final 4 and stayed in the game the whole run.

I'm thinking that Lenny knows they're voting and picking the winner and the video was removed because of that reason. Isn't this the only part of the show that is live ? I think they would have already disqualified him if the videos were a problem. They were done a while back so maybe Lenny has grown up a little since making them. Like I have said over and over I don't think there is a runaway winner here. I think it will be close.

I saw his online buddies talking yesterday on their chat board about how they discovered that the video was posted to the FN blogs and recaps and then suddenly it was gone today, so perhaps they tipped him off about it.  I think it was kind of late for him to take it down given that there were only a few hours left of voting when it disappeared, so I have to wonder why he removed it so late.  Perhaps he really didn't think about it until his friends tipped him off, hence the delayed removal.  The only reason I noticed it is because I had shut down a tabbed session last night and restarted it this morning only to see that the video had been removed.

I don't give him the benefit of the doubt about growing up.  That was only 5 years ago when he was 37.  He should have known better at that age, IMO.  I think he is a good actor.

It also occurred to me that last season when Rodney "Pie Style" was a finalist I thought for sure he was only put up there as a shill to the voters and that votes to him would not count because the producers had already picked the winner (Damaris).  Given how many times I've seen analogies between Lenny and Rodney I have to wonder if he is a shill.

I guess we have to agree to disagree. All I know is that Luca should be disqualified from winning since he didn't go through the entire competition because he was eliminated once. I can take Nicole over him. Pie style and Lenny are similar in that they both have a schtick and they are entertaining but where they are different is with the food. Lenny's food was on the most part consistently good. He had some missteps, they all did. I can't recall the judges really liking anything Pie guy made even his signature food pies. So even if they are similar, there are differences that do set them apart. I don't have a horse in this race. I wouldn't watch any of the three of them.

Edited by SusannahTaylor3
  • Love 1

They were done a while back so maybe Lenny has grown up a little since making them.

I find that a little hard to believe, given as he's now dressing and acting like my brother did when he was five and going through his "cowboy" stage.  LOL.

I agree with you about the whole Star Salvation.  It's not really fair to those who have been competing all along.  Of course this whole show isn't based on a fairness concept to begin with, but I find the "salvation" thing to be the most blatantly unfair aspect of it.

But I just have to crack on this -

Like I said, I would be complaining if I was Sarah.

Of course you would.  Because you'd be Sarah and that's what she does. 

It also occurred to me that last season when Rodney "Pie Style" was a finalist I thought for sure he was only put up there as a shill to the voters and that votes to him would not count because the producers had already picked the winner (Damaris).  Given how many times I've seen analogies between Lenny and Rodney I have to wonder if he is a shill.

That's occurred to me too.  I hope we're right.  But whereas it seemed to me that Damaris was chosen because of the "arc" they gave her (from shimmying disaster to somewhat confident cooking instructor), I'm just not seeing similar with Lenny's competition.  I fear that he's not Pah Stahl at all, but Jeff Mauro, only all cowboyed up. 

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  Unless of course they throw the winner up on the website tomorrow.  LOL.

• Love 1

I don't give him the benefit of the doubt about growing up.  That was only 5 years ago when he was 37.  He should have known better at that age, IMO.  I think he is a good actor.

I think you are right, he has not grown up especially after seeing those disgusting board posts of his you posted in the Finalists thread clearly dated in 2014.  I thought the guy was nuts but this is way beyond what I would have expected, even for him!

• Love 1

I saw someone today on FN's Facebook page say that they had got an email about an upcoming Food Network cruise, and that Luca was part of the group appearing on the cruise. No mention of the other two. Take that for whatever it might mean.

That's the Master Chef cruise in November and last season's winner Luca Manfe is taking part of it.

I think that, at this time, Food Network might do almost anything and put anybody to grab ratings.  They have done it so far putting bloggers, singers, farmers, actresses and comedians to host cooking shows so, they sure might try with someone portraying a character like Lenny or Rodney.  The mistake they made with Pie Style last season was that he came across as arrogant, know it all, clashing even with the mentors, while his food was universally panned and his Pie Style POV was confusing until the last episode when Giada asked him to explain it again. Lots of people really despise Rodney and many voted for Damaris by default, just to prevent him from winning and, since Russell (Culinary Sins) was a weak finalist, that also paved the way for Damaris.

FN made sure last season's mistake wasn't repeating itself. Lenny, while a character, came across as likeable, humble, funny, acknowledging and recognizing his mistakes,  and his food was mostly well received.  Nicole is a stronger finalist than Russell so, it will be difficult to prevent a Luca win by default, because some people perceived that they are lots of Italians on FN/Cooking (Giada, Guy, Jeff, Corcos) and Lenny could be a breath of fresh air. More than a copy of Jeff or Guy, FN might try to make him a male version of The Pioneer Woman, cooking for the cowboys at the chuck wagon, as Tuschman and Fogelson made clear that the pilots were just the groundwork for their shows and not the definitive concepts. 

That's occurred to me too.  I hope we're right.  But whereas it seemed to me that Damaris was chosen because of the "arc" they gave her (from shimmying disaster to somewhat confident cooking instructor), I'm just not seeing similar with Lenny's competition.  I fear that he's not Pah Stahl at all, but Jeff Mauro, only all cowboyed up. 

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  Unless of course they throw the winner up on the website tomorrow.  LOL.

Hah, you never know with FN!  I don't know if I agree with you that they haven't dressed up Luca for the win given all they went through to bring him back from "Star Salvation".  It just seems kinda contrived to me that they would have gone through all that if they weren't very serious about him.  I think the difference for me between Lenny and Jeff Mauro is that Jeff is a genuinely nice guy.  In fact, I think all the winners of this show so far have been generally decent people.  I think Luca is a decent person....But not Lenny.  So I don't know, I just can't see them giving the win to a guy as foul as that IRL (in real life)....And few people thought Damaris would win because "Pah Stahl" seemed to everyone to be the guy they were dressing up for the win.  So again, we will just have to wait and see!

Edited by Intuition
  • Love 1

I think that, at this time, Food Network might do almost anything and put anybody to grab ratings.  They have done it so far putting bloggers, singers, farmers, actresses and comedians to host cooking shows so, they sure might try with someone portraying a character like Lenny or Rodney.  The mistake they made with Pie Style last season was that he came across as arrogant, know it all, clashing even with the mentors, while his food was universally panned and his Pie Style POV was confusing until the last episode when Giada asked him to explain it again. Lots of people really despise Rodney and many voted for Damaris by default, just to prevent him from winning and, since Russell (Culinary Sins) was a weak finalist, that also paved the way for Damaris.

Could be, but if they knew about Lenny's posts online beforehand they might have hired him just for laughs on this show but not as a real contestant just to throw everyone off and creat "buzz" for the other finalists.  I have noticed my fair share of people voting for Luca or Nicole "by default" too after seeing that brisket video!  One woman on Justin's blog post said she wrote FN to ask if she could take her votes for Lenny back!

I think the difference for me between Lenny and Jeff Mauro is that Jeff is a genuinely nice guy.  In fact, I think all the winners of this show so far have been generally decent people. 

Gosh, because I really do think Jeff Mauro is a decent person, I feel I have to clarify what I meant.  ;-) 

I don't think Lenny is like Jeff on any level other than within the confines of the "final three" and guessing the winner based on the way the show has handled them.  Jeff was sort of over-the-top sometimes, but he was shown to be mostly a good cook, and the judges in general liked his humor and his personality.  They seem to be making the same case for Lenny.

The comparison ends there.  I think Lenny is a creepy gross poser a-hole.  I think Jeff is a nice person.

• Love 2

Gosh, because I really do think Jeff Mauro is a decent person, I feel I have to clarify what I meant.  ;-) 

<snip>

The comparison ends there.  I think Lenny is a creepy gross poser a-hole.  I think Jeff is a nice person.

I understand your need to clarify, but just so you know, I didn't think you meant to say they were both nice guys just because you compared their treatment on the show - I realized that.  I brought it up because I don't think the similarity in how they have been presented on the show is the only factor that counts as far as who gets the job.  I think Lenny showing himself to be an a-hole when he's at home and not playing that role of "nice guy" is a relevant reason why FN should not want him to "represent their brand" given their track record of picking people who are relatively stable and nice IRL.  As amazingly ridiculous as FN has gotten, I just can't see them getting that ridiculous.  If Lenny wins and becomes a fixture at FN, just shoot me, it's all over, LOL.

I don't know, I just can't believe FN didn't know about the "real" Lenny, although like I say, they have shown themselves to be amazingly dumb in the past like with JAG, etc., so who knows?  Maybe when this series was filmed they were still clueless about Lenny.  I don't see how it's possible that they don't know about it now, though.

BTW, someone brought up how "Pie Style" was annoying and people didn't like him.  A lot of people thought at the time that he was a poser playing a role and not for real either, but who knows, in spite of all that the guy may actually be very nice IRL!

ETA:  I know that some of the FN stars have said and done some really stupid things in their personal lives, but a lot of that happened after they were stars on the network, not before.  Or like with Paula Deen, some of the stuff occurred before she was a star, but it was found out and revealed after she became a star.  And it's a matter of degree, too.  I think some stars have a reputation for being annoying or douches in one way or another, like Guy, but even so, he's not showing himself to be a scuzzball when the cameras aren't rolling.  He seems to be a generally decent fellow who wouldn't be under suspicion of stalking, curse and spew vile names out on chat boards and videos on a regular basis!

Edited by Intuition

Gotcha, Intuition.  I just cringed when I realized I may have put poor Jeff Mauro in anywhere remotely the same category as Lenny.  Even within the show, Jeff was never shown to be nearly as fake and obnoxious as I find Lenny.  I just wanted there to be no doubt because . . . well, Lenny

I agree with you 100%, I think Lenny's outside activities and antics are absolutely relevant to who they pick to "represent their brand".  I don't think they'd just go with someone with "star personality" or whose "story is so interesting" if he acts like a jerk in real life.  But you know, I don't remember that phrase being used this time.  And Justin didn't even get a full half-season of shows like the others.  So hmmmm . . . maybe they have changed the format and the playing field.  I sincerely hope not.  But I am just dang uncomfortable with the treatment Our Little Cowpoke is getting, going into the final elimination.

As for Pah Stahl, as annoying as I found his pie-shtick, I've never read or heard a single thing about him or from him that leads me to believe he's anything but annoying and possibly delusional.  I hated him then but in retrospect he looks sort of . . . quaint, might be the right word.  More reason to hate Lenny; he makes Pah Stahl look quaint.

Edited by Aquarius
  • Love 3

LOLOL, Aquarius, you have me dying here at the keyboard!!!  I agree, Lenny does make delusional Rodney look "quaint" by comparison!!  And to think last year we thought this show couldn't get any worse.....

I think some stars have a reputation for being annoying or douches in one way or another, like Guy, but even so, he's not showing himself to be a scuzzball when the cameras aren't rolling.  He seems to be a generally decent fellow who wouldn't be under suspicion of stalking, curse and spew vile names out on chat boards and videos on a regular basis!

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/01/douchiest-moments-in-celebrity-chef-history/guy-fieri

#9 Guy Fieri Admits to Being Terrified of Gays

Fieri embodies the douche aesthetic to a tee: spiked, blond hair that looks a wet hedgehog, those small hoop earring baby girls wear, and a circle beard streaked with bleach. '90s boyband manager asthetics aside, Fieri has been accused of some pretty heinous stuff, including spouting off sexist, homophobic and anti-Semitic slurs. His number one douchiest offense? Sending threatening e-mails to his staff, which a Food Network producer later submitted to court as part of his suit against the network. Producer David Page described the offensive comments Fierimad on the show's set, including homophobic remarks ("You can’t send me to talk to gay people without warning! Those people weird me out!"), and nasty emails he sent to staffers that went a little something like "I hope you die so I can dance on your fucking grave." Fieri should embrace his natural hair color and a little more tact.

That's interesting yourpointis - I had heard those things a while ago, but I still think Guy has more sense than to post this "dirty laundry" online himself for everyone to see.  Most of that is second hand information and hearsay, not coming from his mouth.  Lenny seems to get off on being what he thinks is a "shock jock".  Too bad it only makes him look like a sicko and a weirdo.  Even after all of the above, I'd still classify Guy as a douchy idiot like I always did, but he still doesn't give me the creeps like Lenny does.

Could be, but if they knew about Lenny's posts online beforehand they might have hired him just for laughs on this show but not as a real contestant just to throw everyone off and creat "buzz" for the other finalists.  I have noticed my fair share of people voting for Luca or Nicole "by default" too after seeing that brisket video!  One woman on Justin's blog post said she wrote FN to ask if she could take her votes for Lenny back!

If FN doesn't check their own editors who gave away spoilers (like showing Luca's booth at the Las Vegas poolside challenge), most definitely they won't care to vet or check Lenny's online posts until now.

Lenny is a character, just like Larry The Cable Guy, Pee Wee Herman or Steven Colbert.  These are people who have an on-air and an off-air persona. I didn't like Lenny that much or didn't vote for him precisely because to me, he didn't come as authentic.

Contrary to Pie Style Rodney last season and Retro Rad Emily on season 8, who came across as characters, they or the network didn't package their on-air personas very well, while Lenny succeeded doing that until his videos came along. Also, on Pie Style's season, 'villainess' Danushka was eliminated quickly and he soon became the finalist most people loved to hate for the rest of the season. FN made sure that Sarah, who unexplicably or purposely stayed on the show until the end, was perceived as 'the villain' instead of Lenny.

It will be up to FN to protect their brand and deal against any potential situation concerning Lenny's antics. They already started by taking the video.

If FN doesn't check their own editors who gave away spoilers (like showing Luca's booth at the Las Vegas poolside challenge), most definitely they won't care to vet or check Lenny's online posts until now.

Lenny is a character, just like Larry The Cable Guy, Pee Wee Herman or Steven Colbert.  These are people who have an on-air and an off-air persona. I didn't like Lenny that much or didn't vote for him precisely because to me, he didn't come as authentic.

Contrary to Pie Style Rodney last season and Retro Rad Emily on season 8, who came across as characters, they or the network didn't package their on-air personas very well, while Lenny succeeded doing that until his videos came along. Also, on Pie Style's season, 'villainess' Danushka was eliminated quickly and he soon became the finalist most people loved to hate for the rest of the season. FN made sure that Sarah, who unexplicably or purposely stayed on the show until the end, was perceived as 'the villain' instead of Lenny.

It will be up to FN to protect their brand and deal against any potential situation concerning Lenny's antics. They already started by taking the video.

I think Luca re-entering the competition was a non issue except for the other contestants. I saw where the information was leaked before he re-entered. I'm wondering if it was leaked purposely to get people talking and watching.

Is it a known fact that FN took down the video or speculation?

They really haven't slipped up this year as they have in the past.

I will say this.  FNS seems to follow TC.  TC had last chance kitchen then FN came out with star salvation.  TC had someone win last chance kitchen and that person went all the way to win the entire show.  If FN hasn't done that yet, they may be tempted to do it too.  I remember a lot of people on TC rooting for Kristin (not me, but I can't remember why) but people I guess like the underdog angle of the whole thing.  But I do think that FN tends to do exactly what TC has done, so maybe they want Luca to take it all.

You know, this is really making me dread next season.

I'm hoping for the pirate!!!!

• Love 1

I will say this.  FNS seems to follow TC.  TC had last chance kitchen then FN came out with star salvation.  TC had someone win last chance kitchen and that person went all the way to win the entire show.  If FN hasn't done that yet, they may be tempted to do it too.  I remember a lot of people on TC rooting for Kristin (not me, but I can't remember why) but people I guess like the underdog angle of the whole thing.  But I do think that FN tends to do exactly what TC has done, so maybe they want Luca to take it all.

I'm hoping for the pirate!!!!

Given that theory then Luca should win the whole thing. I guess FN has run out of original ideas so they are "borrowing" ideas from TC. If you really want to talk underdog, Nicole is pretty much it because she is kind of default in the final 3 with Sarah being gone now. Lenny's been on the top and Alton even told him that he's the one to beat. Now Luca's come back and has been successful... More successful than Nicole.

Since Luca's been back he really hasn't been the underdog. He has done well these last few weeks and hasn't been on the bottom since his return. Nicole is still trying to polish herself up for the cameras and is constantly bring told to have fun when she's cooking. She still bring molded. You don't see much of that with the other two.

• Love 1

Is it a known fact that FN took down the video or speculation?

I think it's speculation - I thought Lenny's chat board buddies must have tipped him off about the video being posted on FB and the comments section of the FNS blog posts.  I saw them posting to each other on their "Ron and Fez" chat board the day before the video was removed.  They were commenting on how the video was being posted all over the place.  One person commented that it was Lenny's own fault it was still online and that he should take it down.  The very next morning it was deleted.

• Love 1

I don't know if I agree with you, I have seen a ton of comments online from people who think Lenny is too much of a caricature and not authentic enough for them even without seeing the video.

I agree with you about FN needing to protect their brand against any potential situation re: Lenny's antics, but I personally don't think they made him take down the video.  I think his online friends did that as in my response above.  So I have to wonder what FN has known about it until now and how well they're protecting their brand.  I personally think that Lenny would likely bring them more trouble than he would ever be worth to them if they made him a part of the network (and I have written to them to tell them that and why), but hey, what do I know?  I'm only the crazy prophet crying out in the wilderness (who has so far been right but fully expects to be ignored).

That's interesting yourpointis - I had heard those things a while ago, but I still think Guy has more sense than to post this "dirty laundry" online himself for everyone to see.  Most of that is second hand information and hearsay, not coming from his mouth.  Lenny seems to get off on being what he thinks is a "shock jock".  Too bad it only makes him look like a sicko and a weirdo.  Even after all of the above, I'd still classify Guy as a douchy idiot like I always did, but he still doesn't give me the creeps like Lenny does.

I'm not condoning Lenny's actions. I'm just pointing out Guy's. I have no dog in this fight. 

(edited)

I'm so curious what shows they're filming now and in the last month or so. I've mentioned before that a guy who's local to me was on Cutthroat Kitchen, and I 'friended' him on Facebook.  Haven't gotten to try out his food truck yet, but hopefully this week - the food looks and sounds amazing! Anyway he's been saying for a couple of months now that he's been in talks with FN and dropping hints about how big things are happening and he can't wait to tell us (his fans) soon. He was filming something for them a few weeks ago, but of course he can't say what.  I'll watch regardless just because, but I'm so curious what it is.

ETA: hope this was an okay place to post this, I wasn't sure where it should go. He's not on the list for FNS, so I know that isn't it.

Edited by NikSac

NicSac, you're fine. So many people cross-over to various shows and some wind up here, some start out here.

Regarding filming schedules, I met a guy in Charleston who's already filmed an episode of Cutthroat Kitchen that won't air until August. I know this season's FNS was wrapping up in March. I think they started filming in January. Not sure what Arnold and the gang were doing out in L.A. for one day, unless they were filming promos. Or the finale. While several others posted about leaving L.A. yesterday, Arnold was still there, at CBS studios. Completely different place from where they were the previous day. It all means nothing but pure speculation, but it's fun to wonder out loud what they're up to.

• Love 1

I know at least one other contestant tweeted about heading home yesterday ... not sure if all of the contestants were there ... and IIRC we won't know who won until the end because of the fan vote -- they come down to two or three? I can't remember, so many food shows, so little memory!

But Arnold does actually live out there, at least half the time, and has a full apartment, etc. according to the Tennesseean article (I read that on protest because I wanted to read it but they laid off about half their staff not too long ago including some dear friends who had written for them forever!) -- so everyone else having left and his being at a studio could mean a lot or it could mean nothing at all other than that he's still there doing this thing (which has been trying high and low to get his food/entertainment/TV career going). 

He flew from Nashville to LA the other day. And there is no fan vote this year, just a vote for fan favorite which gives the winner some money. Food Network isn't going to have another Lenny situation on it's hands this year.

• Love 2

Are we supposed to discuss episode 1 of this season here?  It is already On Demand, but has not actually aired yet.

Those I like: Sita, Jay (Early frontrunner to me, has a very good on camera appeal), Dom, Eddie (Very impressive!), Emilia , Christina, Rue, Alex

Those I did not care for on first impression:  Rosa (too loud), Arnold (too quirky),  Matthew (Seems like a real jerk),  Michele (I think it is the whole Armenian thing, reminds me of the Kartrashians)

I guess that I am interested in 8 of the 12 is pretty good.  I do not agree with the choice of who they sent home though.  I bet they will keep the oh so annoying Matthew around for a while.

I feel like with all of the Bobby and Giada gossip, I will be watching their interactions carefully.  I miss having Alton there,

• Love 1

I'm posting this here even though it's from the episode that just aired (the "Live" show episode) so as to avoid spoiling anyone if I'm right.  They really faked me out with Arnold's talking head.  He sounded like he was trying to choke back tears about being so close and then ... Alex was eliminated.  So, my guess is that the talking head is Arnold discussing when he was actually eliminated and just aired in relation to a different episode.  (It's not actually out-of-order since all the talking heads are filmed well after the fact.)  My bet is that next episode someone comes back from Star Salvation and Arnold is the one eliminated without the opportunity to make a pilot.  Theoretically, he could last another episode but I figure he probably had a good idea throughout that Eddie and Jay were the frontrunners so it wouldn't have been something that made him cry in retrospect as much as not even making a pilot.

• Love 3

Bringing this over from tomorrow night's episode thread:

The discussion was about bringing back past contestants to work with the finalists.

"After the mess that Penny Davidi (I apologize for typing her name) created when she was sous to Amy Finley, I'm surprised they still do this."

Amy won Season Three.  Penny was not on until Season 7.

I saw in the Star Salvation thread that Dom is leading the vote. My totally uniformed speculation already has him coming back to the main show. The show seems to like him as well.

While I think he should have been completely eliminated a long time ago, depending the setup for the final challenges, I could see him winning the whole thing. If they are highly structured, allowing Dom to speak directly to the camera, with multiple takes, it will allow him to stay in his comfort zone. And in that situation I think he would be competitive.

On the other hand, if he has to interact with another person (not named Giada, those two get along great), or he is put into a live situation, he could wind up a sweaty mess and walk off. 

Right now, I'd say it's between Eddie and Dom. (I can't believe I just typed that.)

(And he better hope they don't put him in a harness and make him do his presentation from thirty feet in the air. Still the most ridiculously unfair (and sexist) challenge ever.)

Edited by xaxat

As much as Giada wants Dom to win, imagine him in a live crowd at a food & wine festival, trying to demo his dish to a huge crowd. He'd faint. I don't know why they don't think about this. Well, last year they didn't think either.

• Love 3

(And he better hope they don't put him in a harness and make him do his presentation from thirty feet in the air. Still the most ridiculously unfair (and sexist) challenge ever.)

Good lord, which was was that? Must've been before I started watching. It sounds ridiculous.

Good lord, which was was that? Must've been before I started watching. It sounds ridiculous.

That awful Lisa who was on the season Aaron won had to do that.

ETA - Lisa Garza was her name.  And it was Season 4.

Edited by smiley13