Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E7: Medium At Large

snarts
  • Start Topic

On 3/22/2021 at 2:21 PM, RedDelicious said:

Me sort of. In my early twenties I dated a guy who had a summer share with a dozen other people in Avalon/Stone Harbor which was about three hours from where we lived. My parents had a house there at the time as well so I was driving down every Friday night and driving back Sunday night/Monday morning whether I was staying with him or at my parents. I don't know HOW I had the stamina to do it. Summer Fridays weren't really a thing, so we left work at the end of the day, drove down the shore and got in around 7:30-8:00, got something to eat, pre-gamed and headed out to the bars around 9 and stayed out until 2. Then we'd get up and spend the entire day on the beach, and the evening was later-rinse-repeat. On the Sundays we stayed down, we did no-shower-happy-hour at this one bar that was literally on the beach sand and went to bed around midnight, got up early and drove into work.

There weren't things like fancy parties or other outdoor activities like in the Hamptons. It was just going to the beach and going to the bars at night. But it also wasn't like Seaside Heights/Jersey Shore either. Avalon/Stone Harbor is pretty preppy and the summer share kids were mostly up and comers with decent jobs and educations, pre-marriage and babies. 

Now that that is almost 25 years in my past, I could not imagine operating on such a schedule. Also I am NOT a morning person. But damn if it wasn't some of the best fun I think I ever had. The ends of the summers were so depressing. 

But as an additional note, people in my area (suburban Philadelphia at the time) did summer shares from the age of 22 to about 29. Once people started getting married at 27-28, they didn't really join share houses after that. Maybe they'd do one more summer as a married couple. I remember at age 23 going to a pre-game at this one house where most of the people were 32-34 and thinking they were too old to be doing a share house. 

I think Hamptons share houses tend to be a little older, especially now that people are getting married later than they were 20 years ago. But when you put it into perspective that Kyle is 38, Luke is 36, Carl is 35 and Lindsay is 34, that seems insanely old to me, especially considering the stupid stuff they do every weekend. I have a lot of second-hand embarrassment for them. I don't think I would participate in any of that over the age of 25, and definitely not on camera for the world of Bravo to see.

I ❤️AV/SH and go every year!

• Love 2
19 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Hey @snarts, would you be willing to start a Winter House topic for us? I read somewhere that Carl dropped out. I wonder if it is actually happening.

Hi, I'm not a moderator so I'm not sure how topic threads are created but I can certainly ask. I read somewhere that they only filmed for 1-2 weeks, I didn't hear about Carl.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Hi, I'm not a moderator so I'm not sure how topic threads are created but I can certainly ask. I read somewhere that they only filmed for 1-2 weeks, I didn't hear about Carl.

Thank you Snarts! Ha, I totally thought you were a moderator. I wonder if they were impeded by the short season we had this year and how they have enough content to make a show with two weeks or less of filming. Or if those jackasses did a bunch of stupid stuff and got kicked out! Stowe has a reputation to uphold and I'm surprised they were even allowed to be there. 

In my Loverboy induced lack of sleep (I curse the day you were born), at 4AM I read that Winter House is based on an annual ski trip taken by Kyle and his real life friends, so filming really was only a week or two. I also read that it is like a dating show with the single people and hook ups so that ought to be interesting amongst those in the cast who are single. Will I watch? Probably. Will I hate myself for it? Also probably. I wonder if Amanda even skis. She grumbled about having to go to New Hampshire to visit Kyle's family and didn't want to go because it's New Hampshire, so I imagine that was some of her true colors coming out 😉 

• Love 7
On 3/25/2021 at 12:47 AM, heatherchandler said:

I’m sorry about your dogs food but I’m not sorry Kyle (who really considers himself quite the big-shot businessman) can’t get any cans.

Didn't he say he lost 5 million dollars?  Ok Kyle 👍

I thought he said 7 million in 1 month.  That can’t be possible.  Pipe Dreams!

I wish Carl wasn’t drinking.