Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Scarlett45

S15.E05: Polygamists in a Pandemic

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

And he did it under the picture of Jesus!!

OMG- I swear I thought that was a picture of Kenny Loggins and I was like " strange person to have a pic of but ok, it's the Browns. "

🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Probably Christine, who took the kids on vacation to NC and also to the east coast a second time to visit her sister and get Ysabel her scoliosis surgery.

I can certainly forgive her the trip for Ysabel's surgery that was absolutely necessary. The sister? maybe she was staying there while Ysabel was in hospital... NC trip don't know... But Meri was all over the place too, B&B and Flag and where ever else she flaunted off to.

Christine has been to NC more than once during the pandemic, if I remember correctly. I also remember pictures of Gwen and Ysabel in NYC right around the time things shut down. I think they were on their way to NC. 

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

When Utahns say "the U" they mean University of Utah in SLC. When they say "the Y" they mean BYU in Provo. The only other school that matters enough to mention is USU in Logan, known as Utah State or The Aggies. (Go Blue!)

Following the deciphering of Mariah's education has been interesting to say the least. Posers gonna pose.

Edited by suomi · Reason: clarity
  • Like 17
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Audrey doesn't seem as sparkly. She seems subdued, wore down, sad.. Mariah jumps in and talks for her. It's kind of a role reversal for them.   

I agree, can't even blame it on corona-quarantine depression/weight gain.  Both of them are just so "blah".

  • Like 5
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

Ratings are in: 1.497 M TVs stayed on during the whine fest for a .31 rating.  Seventh cable show of the day.  

  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Anyone else catch what Robyn said?  She said she had pneumonia once and Sol had RSV and those two things make them high risk. 
Uh, I had pneumonia every year as a kid and several times as an adult.  I’m pretty certain that doesn’t make me high risk.  I mean, I work retail and have since the pandemic began, and I haven’t caught it. 

The thing I caught was that Sol “almost” had to be hospitalized.  My youngest daughter had it at 6 months old and actually had to be hospitalized for 6 days.  Oxygen tent and the whole works.  She is not considered high risk.

I have to admit that after the first ten minutes I just couldn’t bring myself to watch the rest.  Especially with the “Return of Princess Mariah” theme.  Ugh.  I usually suck it up and plow through but the utter ridiculousness of the group Zoom meeting at the beginning...I guess I just can’t, anymore.  My suspension of disbelief is officially broken with these folks.  I don’t believe a word ANY of them says anymore to the point I’m starting to NOT believe:

Mariah is gay

ANY of them are happy, EVER

”coming out as gay or bisexual” or anything else the kids post on social media, isn’t ratings driven

Kody is dissatisfied with all the pushback he gets from his wives

a job being on a reality show is a way to do the Lord’s work and turn the general public’s perception of FLDS around

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Why does this family cry so much over nothing, all the time?

My theory:

Meri=50

Janelle=51

Christine=48

Robyn=42

“The average age of menopause is 51, according to WomensHealth.gov. Perimenopause refers to the time leading up to a woman's last period when changes in a woman’s cycle begin to occur. During this transition stage, which may last anywhere from two to eight years, periods may stop and then start up again and because of these shifting tides, a woman is not considered to be in menopause until at least a year has passed since her last period. During perimenopause, levels of both estrogen and progesterone, two female hormones made in the ovaries, begin to plummet, while many women experience mood changes, complete with crying jags. First-time diagnoses of clinical depression reach rates of 16 to 17 percent for women "undergoing the change," while a similar proportion are diagnosed with milder depressive symptoms.”....https://www.medicaldaily.com/crying-and-perimenopause-go-hand-hand-and-now-brain-researchers-discover-why-286492

  • Like 9
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, kicotan said:

I have to admit that after the first ten minutes I just couldn’t bring myself to watch the rest.

You made it about 4 minutes longer than I did! I could NOT with Kody mansplaining Covid-19. Could. Not. But I'm very happy to read and snark here! Seriously, like everyone else, I don't need to re-live the early days of the pandemic through the perception of the Brown family and their dirty mop headship. He is a complete idiot. 

One nice thing I did notice however was Christine's eye color against the dark olive top she was wearing in one of her talking heads. Very pretty. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I've never read the snowflakes SM, but if you are a raging gay liberal (which is what I am getting out of what you all described) why would you go to a Catholic Uni?

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kicotan said:

The thing I caught was that Sol “almost” had to be hospitalized.  My youngest daughter had it at 6 months old and actually had to be hospitalized for 6 days.  Oxygen tent and the whole works.  She is not considered high risk.

Correct.  A history of RSV is no more relevant than a history of croup.  As usual, Drama Queen makes it up as she goes. 

The whole idea of showing something a year old that has had a profound effect on the world through the eyes of these morons is just ridiculous.  Hearing (because you couldn't pay me to watch) their stupid insights is really an insult to everyone who has lived this.  The idea that TLC thinks a TP lecture from Kootie is airworthy is ludicrous.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

My theory:

Meri=50

Janelle=51

Christine=48

Robyn=42

“The average age of menopause is 51, according to WomensHealth.gov. P

I get what you're saying, but I really think the crying is more manipulation than hormones. I think they think that crying ramps up the drama, when it's really just annoying. This is a show about nothing, but not in a good way like Seinfeld.

I noticed that they showed some older pictures of Audrey, when she appears to be much thinner than she is now. I wonder if she gained weight after starting to date Mariah. I have a friend who started gaining weight when she was dating someone who was much larger and ate a lot more. Or it could just be weight gain after leaving college and starting to work 8 hours a day, which is what happened to me.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I get what you're saying, but I really think the crying is more manipulation than hormones.

Oh, yeah, it's all manufactured.  Half the time there aren't even any tears, just bad acting.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I watched the episode last night. I can't believe we are 5 episodes into this season, because absolutely nothing has actually happened.

Why does this family cry so much over nothing, all the time? It's not like Kody was going off to war. I didn't see anyone for a month and I didn't cry like that. I understand the worry and the confusion, but the crying is over the top. It sounds like Janelle's kids want to keep working and seeing friends. In a normal family, Janelle and Kody would discuss that and make rules. But Janelle is really a single parent, so she did it herself and then Kody complains.

And Kody marries 4 women of his own choice, then bitches that he has to make time to visit them all. Seriously. I'm sure Christine plunges that toilet the other 6 days of the week when Kody's not around. This whole season should be called "Kody Complains, Everyone Else Cries".

These women are already jealous of each other to some degree, and campaigning for Kody’s one and griping about his unpredictable schedule (WHY can’t he have a regular schedule?? I imagine it‘a more fun for him to keep the chaos going as the women fight for him. Keep the ladies off balance and you’re in charge, am I right?). So now COVID intervenes and some lucky wife is liable to get Kody full time. So crying and disappointment from the others ensues. (You could see from Meri’s demeanor during the Zoom call that she knew she wasn’t really part of the considerations. She looked detached if not actually crying.)

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Robyn going on about Sol and RSV and how he was almost hospitalized, umm...wasn't Truely actually hospitalized for weeks, and almost died? Strange how we emphasize Sol's medical history, and she completely ignored Truely.

Plus, no shade, but honestly Janelle is high risk, due to her obesity. And with obesity, she is 65 percent more likely to suffer from high cholesterol and blood pressure, which are also high risk conditions.

Boy did Kody get snippy when the four wives actually were talking about what the schedule could look like. Kody knows that with quarantining he would actually have to stay at whatever house he is at, and not go anywhere, and be forced to actually spend time with that wife and children.

When his feet are held to the fire, this man, does not want to have to spend time equally with the wives. His schedule is a "sensitive" topic to him. Why? If you were spending time equally, as you should have been doing this entire time, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I mean Christine was proposing you spend a few days at each household. Isn't that what he is claiming is happening now anyway? Obviously not if just the mention of it, makes him go off the deep end.

Despite the drivel that drips from her lips regarding "as long as we are all together", Robyn is petrified that Kody my contaminate her nest with something he may have picked up in one of the other households that may not adhere to her standards.  Besides, she requires his presence to attend to the needs of her little ones, she no longer has Mindy and neither Dayton nor AuroraBrianna should be expected to assist with bath, bed and feeding routines.

She has subliminally implanted in his head just where his responsibilities lie, while at the same time, paid (thin) lip service to being a team player.  Christine as well as every other person in the family is painfully aware of where they are in the pecking order, but in the interest of keeping "the show must go on" farce, they all pretend that the decisions are for the common good.

  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

his unpredictable schedule

 He is both impulsive and a control freak. He lacks the ability to concentrate and follow thru to successfully manage and implement a project.  Too many shiny objects to garner his fleeting attention. It was clear he likes the ability to come and go as he pleases, regardless of anyone else. His meltdown during the covid zoom call pressed all his tiny buttons.

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

So while Mariah is supposedly continuing her endless edumocation what exactly is Audrey doing? Nothing? Maybe that's the cause of her weight gain, sad face, quietness, etc etc....

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Plus, no shade, but honestly Janelle is high risk, due to her obesity. And with obesity, she is 65 percent more likely to suffer from high cholesterol and blood pressure, which are also high risk conditions.

and diabetes....also very bad risk factor (for covid and everything). 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

So while Mariah is supposedly continuing her endless edumocation what exactly is Audrey doing? Nothing? Maybe that's the cause of her weight gain, sad face, quietness, etc etc....

Audge has a prestigious gig as the head of the Art and Publicity Division of Lizzie's Heritage Inn.  Those $10. RK Squares and $20. potholders don't sell themselves you know.

  • Laugh 24

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

So while Mariah is supposedly continuing her endless edumocation what exactly is Audrey doing? Nothing? Maybe that's the cause of her weight gain, sad face, quietness, etc etc....

I thought they said she worked from home in Chicago so she wouldn't go out much.  I suspect she was a tad envious of Mariah going to school and also jetting off to Bali to do yoga.  I would find that depressing.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, deirdra said:

It did look more like Kenny Loggins, with shorter hair than the usual Mormon Jesus:

 image.png.5b339ca2918fa13e6ec4a54901276ad6.png

OMG HILARIOUS!

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Just watching Kodilocks mansplaining the proper use of toilet paper on youtube. Comedy Gold! 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Dating Mariah must have sucked all the joy outta Audrey. Poor baby is eating her feelings.

Run Audrey run!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Why oh why do these people say and put shit in writing that is so easily contradictory to previous behavior and pronouncements.

 

I would be totally down with the mods adding a heading for inconsistencies spotted and we could try to confirm or disprove.  Might make a fun little detective game.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I can certainly forgive her the trip for Ysabel's surgery that was absolutely necessary. The sister? maybe she was staying there while Ysabel was in hospital... NC trip don't know... But Meri was all over the place too, B&B and Flag and where ever else she flaunted off to.

And was hell-bent on traveling to Chicago to "save" Mariah and Audrey, exposure be damned.  

Glad Kody put his foot down on that bullshit and made valid points when he did so, especially pointing out Meri was only concerned about herself and Mariah whereas he had to consider the rest of the family.  

(Wow, I never thought I'd think Kody had valid points about pretty much anything, yet here I am! 😮 )

7 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Audge has a prestigious gig as the head of the Art and Publicity Division of Lizzie's Heritage Inn.  Those $10. RK Squares and $20. potholders don't sell themselves you know.

^^^ This shit is going to have me laughing the rest of the evening.

Thanks for posting it 😄 😄 😄

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Robyn going on about Sol and RSV and how he was almost hospitalized, umm...wasn't Truely actually hospitalized for weeks, and almost died? Strange how we emphasize Sol's medical history, and she completely ignored Truely.

That's a good point. As we well know, Truely's kidneys stopped working. That could certainly have weakened them for the long term (pure speculation on my part) - and kidney disease is on the list of co-morbidities for covid.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Oh, yeah, it's all manufactured.  Half the time there aren't even any tears, just bad acting.

Maybe they are just crying for attention, like toddlers competing for Daddy's attention.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/16/2021 at 5:40 AM, Kellyee said:

 

And Kody marries 4 women of his own choice, then bitches that he has to make time to visit them all. Seriously. I'm sure Christine plunges that toilet the other 6 days of the week when Kody's not around. This whole season should be called "Kody Complains, Everyone Else Cries".

This is the plot of every single episode. Occasionally, they rent some trucks or go on some sort of stupid outing where they take pictures. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Mariah is talking about starting their family. I wonder if they will use a sperm bank, and if that will be possible for them in Utah? Also, Audrey will be advised to lose weight if she sees a fertility specialist I bet. I would think they will need to settle somewhere else to start their family maybe? Might be all wrong too though?

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Kellyee said:

 

I noticed that they showed some older pictures of Audrey, when she appears to be much thinner than she is now. I wonder if she gained weight after starting to date Mariah. I have a friend who started gaining weight when she was dating someone who was much larger and ate a lot more. Or it could just be weight gain after leaving college and starting to work 8 hours a day, which is what happened to me.

 

 

 

 

 

image.thumb.jpeg.d41c0f4c1b2172db549853026298d01f.jpegAudrey far left.

Edited by sheshark
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This is the plot of every single episode. Occasionally, they rent some trucks or go on some sort of stupid outing where they take pictures. 

or do they taker pitchers?

One of my fav scenes is the family stopped at some overlook on the way to Wyoming;  Christine or Robyn  wants them to put arms in the air to form a "Y' for Wyoming until Meri ruins it for her by telling her Wyoming starts with a "w" and/or "not a 'y''

Edited by Twopper
  • Laugh 20

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Twopper said:

or do they taker pitchers?

One of my fav scenes is the family stopped at some overlook on the way to Wyoming;  Christine wants them to put arms in the air to form a "Y' for Wyoming until Meri ruins it for her by telling her Wyoming starts with a "w" and/or "not a 'y''

I thought it was Robyn that thought Wyoming started with a "Y", all the more hilarious because she had lived in Wyoming.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Audrey and Mariah are so young to let themselves go like they have. It is not just about looks but health. If they are this heavy now when they are 20 years older they will be seriously obese. I believe that Mariah started her MSW program in 2018. Maybe she finished one year and never went back. Usually your grades cannot drop below a B to stay in the program and you have a limited # of years to finish the program. I maybe wrong but I have a feeling that Mariah's social work ideals have timed out.   

  • Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I thought it was Robyn that thought Wyoming started with a "Y", all the more hilarious because she had lived in Wyoming.

It probably was.  As I said earlier elsewhere, I rilly need to take notes on this show.  I was actually trying to get a glimpse of the scenery as I have never been in that part of the west.  I've been in NM and CO, but not AZ or WY.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/15/2021 at 8:18 PM, MarysWetBar said:

OMG- I swear I thought that was a picture of Kenny Loggins and I was like " strange person to have a pic of but ok, it's the Browns. "

🤣🤣🤣

One more oblique Kenny Loggins reference.  This painting hangs in Robyn's dining room.

 

 

Rodney and Jesus painting.jpg

Edited by Dobian
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

or do they taker pitchers?

One of my fav scenes is the family stopped at some overlook on the way to Wyoming;  Christine or Robyn  wants them to put arms in the air to form a "Y' for Wyoming until Meri ruins it for her by telling her Wyoming starts with a "w" and/or "not a 'y''

But but but...she took calculys in collyge. 

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dobian said:

One more oblique Kenny Loggins reference.  This painting hangs in Robyn's dining room.Rodney and Jesus painting.jpg

Seriously? This is so odd because Catholics and Mormons are mortal enemies and that iconography clearly is Catholic. The Jesus is Anglo enough but Mormon Jesus never, ever displays internal organs.

But it reminds me of a term used by one of Theresa's professors in the novel Looking For Mr Goodbar, to parody the years she spent in Catholic schools: "the Sacred Gizzard of Xavier."

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

or do they taker pitchers?

One of my fav scenes is the family stopped at some overlook on the way to Wyoming;  Christine or Robyn  wants them to put arms in the air to form a "Y' for Wyoming until Meri ruins it for her by telling her Wyoming starts with a "w" and/or "not a 'y''

They take pitchers, then go to a restaurant, where no one eats, and they talk about their fillings.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to go back and look at previous episodes, but to me, it seems like "modest is hottest" just ain't a thang now. 

 

Remember Meri hollering at Mykelti about covering her torso? That she didn't want to see that much of her body? Pan to Breanna sitting by Meri during Mariah/Audrey announcing change of plans. Major decolletage. 

  • Like 7
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, suomi said:

Seriously? This is so odd because Catholics and Mormons are mortal enemies and that iconography clearly is Catholic. The Jesus is Anglo enough but Mormon Jesus never, ever displays internal organs.

But it reminds me of a term used by one of Theresa's professors in the novel Looking For Mr Goodbar, to parody the years she spent in Catholic schools: "the Sacred Gizzard of Xavier."

I can replace Jesus' front with a Caddyshack shirt. *shrug*

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/14/2021 at 11:49 PM, Raynedon said:

 

We know the Browns don't handle stress well and have trouble coping with mainstream monogamous life / culture, but where, why, how did Mariah & Audrey rationalize they needed to move from Chicago to Flagstaff?  It's news to me that there was any exodus from Chicago to more rural areas that they needed to be a part of. 

That made sense to me. Depending on the timing, remember that Italy was in total lockdown, New York locking down fast --  given the choice between conceivably being trapped in a city apartment with two dogs and not permitted to go outside for weeks/months or heading to an available home in the country... heck, even Harry and Meghan bolted Canada before the borders closed.

Things did not ultimately get that dire in Chicago, but it was conceivable at that point that they might.   

 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, suomi said:

But it reminds me of a term used by one of Theresa's professors in the novel Looking For Mr Goodbar, to parody the years she spent in Catholic schools: "the Sacred Gizzard of Xavier."

I replied to you in the Small Talk thread - but I didn't know how to use the quote feature for that, so I just copied and pasted.

1 hour ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I'm going to go back and look at previous episodes, but to me, it seems like "modest is hottest" just ain't a thang now. 

 

Remember Meri hollering at Mykelti about covering her torso? That she didn't want to see that much of her body? Pan to Breanna sitting by Meri during Mariah/Audrey announcing change of plans. Major decolletage. 

I noticed that too! Plus Robyn wearing a shirt with a  little "peekaboo" cutout during the talking heads. Not really revealing, but way more revealing than the old strappy tank over long sleeved t-shirt of yore.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dobian said:

I can replace Jesus' front with a Caddyshack shirt. *shrug*

No, no. I am so sorry. I misunderstood your post.

I thought the Jesus photo was from a screen shot of Robyn's house (with Rodney Dangerfield added by you for laughs).

My reaction [Seriously?] and comment were directed at Robyn for hanging Catholic Jesus on a wall in her fundy home.

No hard feelings, I hope. 😉

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, suomi said:

No, no. I am so sorry. I misunderstood your post.

I thought the Jesus photo was from a screen shot of Robyn's house (with Rodney Dangerfield added by you for laughs).

My reaction [Seriously?] and comment were directed at Robyn for hanging Catholic Jesus on a wall in her fundy home.

No hard feelings, I hope. 😉

NP and Jesus still needs a t-shirt.

 

Rodney and Jesus painting.jpg

Edited by Dobian
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/15/2021 at 10:18 PM, MarysWetBar said:

OMG- I swear I thought that was a picture of Kenny Loggins and I was like " strange person to have a pic of but ok, it's the Browns. "

🤣🤣🤣

Polish_20210317_220833549.thumb.jpg.1f7d45f5aa680eb5290bf78f0162775b.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Polish_20210317_220833549.thumb.jpg.1f7d45f5aa680eb5290bf78f0162775b.jpg

WTF???? Chris? COL here WTF does that mean???

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size