Type keyword(s) to search

(Shamelessly) Abandoned Storylines

whiporee
  • Start Topic

Now that the end is near, I started thinking about the show as a whole, and as much as Iv'e enjoyed it, there are a whole lot of things that have just been left at the wayside. I came up with my list, but I figured I'd miss a lot.

• Ian being not Frank's kid, or anyone's full sibling. That's my favorite.
  • Did no one from the college ever check on LIp? What about the teacher -- did she just cut him off? Did the lawyer never talk to him about options?
  • Did Frank ever talking/think/consider that he took a liver from someone who might have respected it?
  • Everyone except Carl -- Lip, Debbie, Liam, Ian -- being smarter than average?
  • Ian's dishonorable discharge? That follows you
  • Did Stimmy just go away for ever?
  • Did Fiona's rebellion at the supermarket ever make a change?
  • Did Patsy's close?
  • What about Fiona's settlement from her husband guy?
  • What happened to Tony?
  • What happened to Mandy? Is she still hooking?
  • Sammi and her kid just vanished forever?
  • Sheila and Liam were sort of close for a while. Did she ever call to say hi?
  • What about Ian's church?
  • Was Karen really brain damaged or just faking?
  • Did anyone ever investigate her attempted murder?

That's just off the top of my head. Anyone have any answers or things I've missed?

Edited by whiporee
  • Love 2
On 3/11/2021 at 5:59 PM, whiporee said:

Now that the end is near, I started thinking about the show as a whole, and as much as Iv'e enjoyed it, there are a whole lot of things that have just been left at the wayside. I came up with my list, but I figured I'd miss a lot.

• Ian being not Frank's kid, or anyone's full sibling. That's my favorite.
  • Did no one from the college ever check on LIp? What about the teacher -- did she just cut him off? Did the lawyer never talk to him about options?
  • Did Frank ever talking/think/consider that he took a liver from someone who might have respected it?
  • Everyone except Carl -- Lip, Debbie, Liam, Ian -- being smarter than average?
  • Ian's dishonorable discharge? That follows you
  • Did Stimmy just go away for ever?
  • Did Fiona's rebellion at the supermarket ever make a change?
  • Did Patsy's close?
  • What about Fiona's settlement from her husband guy?
  • What happened to Tony?
  • What happened to Mandy? Is she still hooking?
  • Sammi and her kid just vanished forever?
  • Sheila and Liam were sort of close for a while. Did she ever call to say hi?
  • What about Ian's church?
  • Was Karen really brain damaged or just faking?
  • Did anyone ever investigate her attempted murder?

That's just off the top of my head. Anyone have any answers or things I've missed?

Carl's wife Cassidy-- she was from a well to do family - and just "disappeared" wouldn't the family wonder what happened to her? If she was indeed murdered-- wouldn't someone somewhere be looking into what happened to her?

Carl's two babies. The twins that Frank used the syringe to knock up the Katey Sagal character (6 babies initially) and Frank and Liam were going to sell that one baby but instead it was "stolen" I have been worried about that child! I guess none of the Gallagher's care huh?

On 3/11/2021 at 8:30 PM, kieyra said:

“Lip was an engineering prodigy who built battlebots.”

Quoting myself because I've been rewatching season 1/2 (with mild prejudice) and Lip is doing everything from building remote credit card scanners to fixing up the weedmobile ice cream truck (because "he can fix anything") to being wooed by the college professor* to work on DoD contracts/defense projects. 

*That said, that college professor calls it early on: he tells Lip he's going to knock up some girl and spend the rest of his life a bitter shell due to not living up to his potential. Or words to that effect. Of course, when first watching the show I thought that meant I was supposed to root for Lip to eventually overcome the odds--not that it was supposed to be a thumbnail sketch of his entire arc. 

• Love 2

So the Gallagher’s leave the south side and see that there is more to life than the hood. Actually feeling shameful sometimes as they see how different life is on the other side of the fence. But eventually realizing in each episode that even the rich and middle class people don’t have perfect lives just as none of us do. I hope he brings Shameless back , it was such a good show I loved every character