Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E12: After the Final Rose

ByTor
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I loved the color on Rachael's fake nails on ATFR. The nails themselves were too perfect to be anything but fake, but the grey color was lovely. I had to wonder: what color is between black and white? Grey. 

That color looks blue to me. I prefer a darker navy blue for myself, but I've also worn Rachael's shade and liked it. It's not about the color per se, more about having smooth and nicely shaped nails, a high-quality polish (I love the CND brand), and good application, then any color looks good IMO. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

That color looks blue to me. I prefer a darker navy blue for myself, but I've also worn Rachael's shade and liked it. It's not about the color per se, more about having smooth and nicely shaped nails, a high-quality polish (I love the CND brand), and good application, then any color looks good IMO. 

They do look blue here, but on TV they looked more grey.

• Love 1

I'm a black male who watches some reality TV but I usually never watch the bachelor. Not a fan of the whole concept of the Bachelor and the Bachelorette a but I realize that I'm not the target audience. When I heard that they were going to have a Black male Bachelor I was interested but I didn't have much hope because I felt that it was either going to come off pandering or with a lot of fake drama.  Turns out I was right on both counts. I figured I'd watch at least a few episodes. I kept watching because I felt that Matt was a good person and that he had a great pool of contestants to choose from. They were woman of all colors and ethnicities, beautiful talented and intelligent. 

Matts tastes are a little different form mine and I don't really think he is ready for marriage. Michelle and Bri were looking for something leading up to marriage and I think he knew he was indecisive so once he knew these girls actually loved him he let them go because he knew deep down he wasn't ready.. Serena wasn't sure about him so she bailed. Matt was way more into her than she was into him anyway.

Regarding the Rachel stuff If I was Matt I would have broken up with her as well. Matt turned down women who actually loved him to be with someone who had a history of (I'm being charitable here) racial insensitivity. Later in life he will be thinking back to some of those women he let get away to be with Rachel. The fact that she didn't take down those Party pictures or some of the social media posts with the confederate flags, the MAGA hats, didn't try to get in front of the high school friends who outed her for bullying girls who liked black guys in high school etc. Shows me that she is probably not going to be sensitive to or ready to deal with  issues of race  that may come up in the relationship. She could have easily said hey in the past I wasn't open to dating black people and said somethings to girls' in school who did. that would have at least been way to work it out. It looks as though Matt didn't like what he heard form her  after the posts came out about her in social media.

I wouldn't be surprised if the producers knew about Rachels background and kept her anyway. They were more than happy to play up the whole controversy once it came though. They also were happy to have Chris step away. I'm sure their  will be a ratings bump when he returns. I knew something was up when the Victoria character was there. There is no way in hell that she was on there to marry Matt. She seemed like a producer's plant to me. I couldn't deal with the contrived drama and Victoria was  an obvious part of that. Through this season Matt was played like a fiddle. He seemed like an earnest Naïve guy who wanted to do the right thing but kept getting thrown curve balls. that whole scene with his father and the confronting and the anger with his father did not go over well with me. It was inappropriate, Stereotypical  and reminded me of  the "How come he don't want me" scene from the fresh Prince of Bel air. I don't know for sure what the exact extent of their relationship was growing up but Matt is now 29 years old. Also since his father was willing to appear on the show I assume all was not bad or at least things are good enough now that he came on the show for Matt. Nevertheless he got the villain edit. But I suspect he has been the villain all along

My other villain in this series is his mother. Seemed like she was never able to get over the breakup with Matts dad. I came form a 2 parent family but I have some family members who have been single moms and have dated some single moms. But I never have seen anyone have that type of guilt or bad feelings because their Dad cheated on their mother. It appears to me that his mom either consciously or subconsciously passed down to Matt a lot of negativity about his father and also about relationships. I can see wanting to be a better father than my father was but Matt seems to have some types of hang-ups about it He shouldn't feel that way about what his father did . He is not responsible for his dads actions and what his mother had to go through. . Its like he's subconsciously thinking  I'm black like my Daddy and I don't want to marry a woman and, cheat on her and leave her with 2 kids,, no man, and bad memories like my mom has. I got the impression that he doesn't usually bring women home to meet his mom. After she acted like Debbie Downer and made some cryptic statement about feelings fading away I was even more convinced. Matt needs therapy so that he can have healthy relationships in the future. He need s to have session with his Mom as well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
On 3/18/2021 at 2:37 PM, mittsigirl said:

LOL, I had a hard time concentrating on what they were saying because I was mesmerized by the shiny droplets of oil in his beard, waiting to see if they would start running down in small rivers as he was sweating,

Thousand words:  image.png.8ed343ae76fde0d0ff52c05f4d813aba.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2021 at 8:41 PM, JayBee said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the producers knew about Rachels background and kept her anyway. They were more than happy to play up the whole controversy once it came though.

I agree with these points (not necessarily the one below).  CHRIS is (was) one of the Executive Producers and I saw his little mitts all over this controversy.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:41 PM, JayBee said:

They also were happy to have Chris step away.

I know I was happy (and I rarely watch this show)...but I doubt if the entire "franchise" or Bachelor Nation was happy to have him step away.  Those who FORCED those steps have probably wished for something like this...for. a. long. time.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

YES!!! Thanks for posting this picture, I wanted to but didn't know how!

It's so much easier to DO than it is to explain.  Any photos/cartoons you find on the 'net can be "copied" with a right-click of your mouse.  Then you can "paste" it where you need it.  Yep...I can't explain it well.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

It's so much easier to DO than it is to explain.  Any photos/cartoons you find on the 'net can be "copied" with a right-click of your mouse.  Then you can "paste" it where you need it.  Yep...I can't explain it well.

Thanks! I will give it a try next time, if it doesn't work the worst is that I get some snark on a snark site!

• Love 1

I'm really surprised at (and annoyed by) all the "Matt was the perfect person to teach Rachael!" comments. Matt (theoretically) signed up for this show to find a wife, not a student. 

He was supposed to become her husband, not her college professor.

We need to set aside the ridiculous idea that POC are somehow in charge of teaching white people the error of their ways. That's harmful and offensive. Of course Matt would prefer to marry someone who understands what it's like to be black in America. He IS a black man in America.

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Of course Matt would prefer to marry someone who understands what it's like to be black in America. He IS a black man in America.

The only way to fully understand what it's like to be Black is to *be* Black. So if that was important to Matt, he should have chosen one of the many beautiful, accomplished, Black or biracial women that were on his season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

I'm really surprised at (and annoyed by) all the "Matt was the perfect person to teach Rachael!" comments. Matt (theoretically) signed up for this show to find a wife, not a student. 

He was supposed to become her husband, not her college professor.

We need to set aside the ridiculous idea that POC are somehow in charge of teaching white people the error of their ways. That's harmful and offensive. Of course Matt would prefer to marry someone who understands what it's like to be black in America. He IS a black man in America.

Exactly. I get wanting to give Rachael "grace," but let's all draw the line at expecting Matt stay with her and to be her professor. 

23 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

The only way to fully understand what it's like to be Black is to *be* Black. So if that was important to Matt, he should have chosen one of the many beautiful, accomplished, Black or biracial women that were on his season.

I know racial stuff is sensitive and I'm not the type to ever judge who gets with who. However, I thought Khaylah, Lauren and Magi were all striking beauties and was surprised Matt kept some of the others longer than he kept them. 

• Love 4