Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Live Discussion Thread

• Start Topic

Y? Y Y Y? Some fine performances tonight, and yet ______ got the boot. Also, one singer repeated a song. It was the song that drew me in to the whole series, but a repeat at this point? Really? (I did adore the rendition of "Take a Look at Me Now," that was my favorite back in the day.)

(edited)

I...do not understand how this show is filmed. The judges are wearing outfits they wore when Niecy was hosting and the ladies hair seems the same so it's not like they are just rewearing. I think I need to not overthink this...and also the finalists are set in stone before the season even starts so it really doesn't matter the order of performances. Except this year Nick having covid and being unable to host throws things off.

Edited by Lilac2000
  • Love 1

Omarion had a funny cameo on A Black Lady Sketch Show a couple of weeks ago.

Robin has been guessing him several times each season, so I guess it’s good that they finally had him on. 

• Love 1

I don't think I've ever heard or seen Omarion before, but he showed so much soulful personality through that huge, heavy costume. One more "why did they do that?" choice, voting him off too soon.

• Love 2

I think they gave JoJo a crap arrangement of that song. I get that it has to be cut down for time, but this arrangement totally removed the buildup that makes it so heart wrenching. It was just a bunch of runs. She’s a way better singer than Nick Lachey and Whiz Kalifa, but Nick’s song was better. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Jenny started to date Donnie in 2013 when NKOTB was on tour with 98 degrees so I figured she would actually guess that one right.

But hey, she thought Donnie was Akon and Kermit the Frog was TED CRUZ.

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 1