Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
BizBuzz

The Frasier Game

Frasier is my all time favorite sit-com.  I don't even want to admit how many times I have watched it.  I don't think I could even if I wanted to.  ::giggle::

Let's play a trivia game ...

I will start it off by asking a trivia question about the series.  The first one to answer it has to come up with the next question.

Some rules:

• No fair Googling for the answer, this has to come from memory.
  • There needs to be at least one other poster between you and your last answer/question.  Let's give everyone a chance, even those on different time zones.
  • It's your choice on whether you want multiple choice or just question/answer. 

So, the first question:

According to Martin Crane, what shoes are the most comfortable?

Edited by BizBuzz · Reason: Clarfied the rules

Oh geez, I just watched that episode the other day, how weird. Muckabees. However you spell it.

Question, hmm...

What is Niles depicted as in that embarrassing painting Maris commissioned?

• Like 1

A skunk.

What was the name of Frasier and Niles prep school?

Totally spaced on the skunk.  I thought of the satyr as well.

Have to admit @mansonlamps , I am stumped.  I give.  I actually cued up a couple of episodes that I remembered the prep school being mentioned, but to no avail.  Although I did get a laugh with this:

Oh some boys go to college, but we think they're all wussies,

Cuz they get all the knowledge, and we get all the--

Oompa doompa doompa doompa, oompa doompa doompa doompa...

Help?

Well I'm going from memory because that's what the instructions were, but I'm almost positive it was Brice Academy.  I remember them saying it repeatedly in the episode where they were trying to get a rich lady to write them a check to save the school and the woman ends up dating Martin.  Then Martin dumps her for another woman during a cocktail party at the rich lady's house and she winds up writing a check for only $50 I believe.

OMG, you are right!  Where is the damn face palm emoticon when you need it???  That episode didn't even enter the picture!  Good deal.

Yes, I did make the rule go from memory, but to be fair, it was mostly about Googling the answer.  I didn't specify not being able to watch the series.  ::giggle::

Since no one got the answer, you get to do another question!  Have at it @mansonlamps

Ok next question. 

Name at least 5 restaurants mentioned on the show.

1. Le Cigare Volant
  2. Les Freres Hereux
  3. Burger Burger Burger
  4. Cafe Nervosa
  5. The Timber Mill

This wasn't easy for me because I actually am not good with names. Also, thanks to you know who.

Which universities/college did Frasier and Niles attend? Hint: There are two possible answers for each Crane.

• Like 1

Which universities/college did Frasier and Niles attend? Hint: There are two possible answers for each Crane.

Frasier went to Harvard, and Niles went to Yale.  I know they both went to some UK school too, I think Frasier went to Oxford, but I can't remember where Niles went.

Next question:

Name the two actresses that played Frasier's first wife, Nanny G (one starred in Cheers, the other in Frasier)

• Like 1

Emma Thompson, Laurie Metcalf

How old was Roz's babydaddy (at the time of conception)?

Wasn't there one more actress that played Nanny G in an early Frasier episode in which all his old flames show up?  Have no idea what the actresses name is, though.

Anyway I believe the babydaddy was 20.   Assuming that's correct, here goes:

What was the name of the counselor Niles was so skeptical of at Daphne's "spa" when she lost 60 lbs.?

Wasn't there one more actress that played Nanny G in an early Frasier episode in which all his old flames show up? Have no idea what the actresses name is, though.

I was thinking there was, but since the criteria was no internet research, and I knew two, I didn't look it up. And since the last poster didn't leave a question, I'll do so.

What was the name of the couples shrink that Maris left Niles for?

Edited by kariyaki
  • Like 1

I was thinking there was, but since the criteria was no internet research, and I knew two, I didn't look it up. And since the last poster didn't leave a question, I'll do so. What was the name of the couples shrink that Maris left Niles for?

Dr Shankman (sp?)

Ok, on the no internet research, I only said that mostly to create a fair game. Since the previous was answered, I have no issue with looking up to clarify. Have at it!

Hmmmm, question ...

At the Halloween party where Roz's pregnancy was made public, what costume was she in? Bonus if you can remember what Frasier, Martin, Daphne and Niles wore as costumes?

Wasn't she "O" from The Story of O? I know Niles was Cyrano de Bergerac and Daphne and Frasier were something out of the Canterbury Tales I think. And I believe Martin was Sherlock Holmes. Of course I could be wrong about all of the bonus questions. Bulldog was Waldo from Where's Waldo - my own Bonus trivia.

What is Frederick Crane's middle name?

• Like 1

Wasn't there one more actress that played Nanny G in an early Frasier episode in which all his old flames show up? Have no idea what the actresses name is, though.

Requoting to say that I looked it up, the other actress to play Nanny G was Dina Waters.

• Like 1

Requoting to say that I looked it up, the other actress to play Nanny G was Dina Waters.

Good catch!  Thanks for the updated information!

Gaylord

After daphne comes back from the weight loss spa, why did she ask niles to leave the party?

Niles said some smart butt remark about love goggles.

Next question:

Daphne ends up at the mansion to cook dinner for Niles and Maris as a reunion surprise ... there was a antique musical clock that Daphne talks about - what is the name of this piece?

Niles said some smart butt remark about love goggles.

Next question:

Daphne ends up at the mansion to cook dinner for Niles and Maris as a reunion surprise ... there was a antique musical clock that Daphne talks about - what is the name of this piece?

One of the best quotes from the show because I remember the laughter from the in-studio audience and the faces of all involved:

"Dr. Crane, your Glockenspiel has sprung to life!"

Who were Frasier and Niles named after?

• Like 1

They were named after Hester's beloved lab rats who died shortly before Frasier was born.

What fashion fad did Freddie follow when he got older?

• Like 1

Oh gosh, I hated his Goth phase.  ::giggle::

What was the name of Diane Chambers play that she wrote that was a take off of Cheers?

• Like 1

^Oh geesh. 

I know her name and occupation, but can't remember the Alma Mater ... but I am half remembering it had 3 names right?  Oh gosh ... this one is gonna bug me.  Good thing I am not allowed to answer anyway...

::giggle::

I can see the whole scene too!  Doesn't it end with Frasier saying ... that is the first time I have ever seen anyone in themselves. 

I can see the whole scene too! Doesn't it end with Frasier saying ... that is the first time I have ever seen anyone in themselves.

Hint: Yes!

• Like 1

Deb, Sarah Lawrence, and the owner of a successful auto body repair shop. Deb is not a cat.

What is the total number of free lifetime muffins that Daphne measured her life?

• Like 1

Wasn't it something like 50,000 if she had three a day?

I won't do a question until I get a confirmation.

ETA: Nope! And now I can't answer since I looked it up. Next!

Edited by kariyaki

Deb, Sarah Lawrence, and the owner of a successful auto body repair shop. Deb is not a cat.

What is the total number of free lifetime muffins that Daphne measured her life?

DANG DANG DANG - Sarah Lawrence!  So much for the three name thing.  I was close!!!

Wasn't it something like 50,000 if she had three a day?

I won't do a question until I get a confirmation.

ETA: Nope! And now I can't answer since I looked it up. Next!

Ten a week, 52 weeks a year, 40 years, 20,000 muffins ... my life seems long when measured in muffins.

Who was the actress that played Frasier's girlfriend that looked remarkably like his mom?  Bonus if you know who she is married to?

THIS one I can do: Rita Wilson, married to Tom Hanks.

What was Freddie's true motivation for trying to get his parents back together?

• Like 1

THIS one I can do: Rita Wilson, married to Tom Hanks.

What was Freddie's true motivation for trying to get his parents back together?

SHOOT!  Why is it that I can't answer when it's easy?  ::giggle::

Freddie wanted a mini bike. All he had to do was tap into their feelings of inadequacy.

What was the name of Roz's Dalmatian? Bonus for what Martin called the pup.

• Like 1

His name was Ariel. I'm not certain but I believe Martin called him Frankie. Since this is only a bonus, I'll go ahead with the next question.

What was the name of the law firm Niles was using before hiring Donnie to represent him during his divorce?

• Like 1

Just to let everyone know, I am drawing a blank on the latest, all I can think of is Cagney and Lacey ...

::giggle::

Since no one seems to be able to answer the last one, I'll give a clue .  Half of the firm name is the same as a very popular CBS legal  drama's law firm name.  Also think of the episode where Frasier and Niles met Donnie for the first time and he spontaneously asks his secretary to get Niles's legal team on the phone.  He says "Maria get me Xxxxxxxx....... or xxxxxxxxxx."  Those are the two names that make up the law firm.

Since no one seems to be able to answer the last one, I'll give a clue .  Half of the firm name is the same as a very popular CBS legal  drama's law firm name.  Also think of the episode where Frasier and Niles met Donnie for the first time and he spontaneously asks his secretary to get Niles's legal team on the phone.  He says "Maria get me Xxxxxxxx....... or xxxxxxxxxx."  Those are the two names that make up the law firm.

OH OH OH, I got it with the hint!  WOOT WOOT!!!

Lockhart and Wheaton???  I don't wanna check, just tell me if it's right and I will post the next question.

Oooh, so close.  You got the first name right but are a little off on the second.  First two or three letters are correct depending on how they are spelling the name.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay, got distracted last night!

Why did Niles end up naked in Cafe Nervosa?  Bonus ... the quote preceding the occurrence?

Thank you!  I love that scene, but it had been a while since I'd seen it and didn't trust my gut.

Anyway...

Niles compares Bebe to whom, but "without the sincerity"?

• Like 1

Homeless cats

**Oops, scratch that.**

What had Daphne's room been before she was hired to help Martin?

Elliott Bay Towers, apt 1901

Where did Daphne lose her virginity? Bonus for with whom (it's just a description, not a name).

Customize font-size