Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: All in Love Is Fair

• Start Topic

(edited)

Zoey wrestles with the status of her relationship with Aaron; Sky and Jazz return from the Olympic trials and struggle to say goodbye; Jillian decides to continue her documentary in Tokyo.

Promo:

Original air date: 3/11/21

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Not cool Zoey and Aaron, not cool at all. Being punched in the face would probably be less painful then that massive unintentional guilt trip she got from Aaron's girlfriend. I do hope that this is leading to Zoey coming back to school. She either needs to rejoin the college or just leave the show, or else she is just stuck floating around in her own show separated from everyone else. Also, where was Nomi this week? On a long weekend with her daughter and baby daddy? 

Ana can make so much sense in other peoples plot, but she always goes full wacky sitcom hijinks in her own. Vivek has really become the MVP of this season after a few seasons of being basically a background character, he had a lot of hilarious reactions all episode. "I love living with women." 

Speaking of background characters, I totally forgot that Luca's girlfriend was still around. Luca is hardly even a character anymore, presumably because the other characters find him as annoying as I do. 

• Love 5

Ugh, since Luca's girlfriend is leaving does this mean he's going to start hanging out with everyone again? Because I did not miss him AT ALL. Maybe he needs to transfer wherever that girl is going.

The presumptuousness of Zoey, damn. She really thought that because she and Aaron had sex, he was going to dump his girlfriend and run straight to her? But Aaron sucks too because he made it sound like the only reason he decided NOT to do that is because Zoey wouldn't be around due to her job.

I am not a fan of this ludicrous "Ana thinks Javi is cheating on her but won't talk to him about it" storyline, but I did love the look on Vivek's face after he watched Ana narrow down Javi's password to four digits.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I am not a fan of this ludicrous "Ana thinks Javi is cheating on her but won't talk to him about it" storyline, but I did love the look on Vivek's face after he watched Ana narrow down Javi's password to four digits.

I'm still chuckling at "It's Javi's ipad. It fell out of his backpack before he left when I took it out of his backpack." 🤣  Let's not pretend we don't all have that one friend who does this shit....

Edited by luckyroll3
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ugh, since Luca's girlfriend is leaving does this mean he's going to start hanging out with everyone again? Because I did not miss him AT ALL. Maybe he needs to transfer wherever that girl is going.

The presumptuousness of Zoey, damn. She really thought that because she and Aaron had sex, he was going to dump his girlfriend and run straight to her? But Aaron sucks too because he made it sound like the only reason he decided NOT to do that is because Zoey wouldn't be around due to her job.

The best part of this episode was the title/the opening music, such an underrated Stevie Wonder song.

Zoey's speech about Aaron running straight to her was an amalgamation of everything we ever suspected Zoey of thinking/feeling regarding her self-perceived superiority over others. She's said A LOT of things over the years that indicate she thinks she's better than every other woman on earth, but this speech was just all of those things all at once. Very hard to take. So I'm glad she got her bubble pierced so immediately and that Ana rubbed her nose in it.

Aaron's reasoning sucked, but he already sucked for immediately cheating on his girlfriend when he got a shot at Zoey, so the speech was pretty much a continuation of that. 

I'm still chuckling at "It's Javi's ipad. It fell out of his backpack before he left when I took it out of his backpack." 🤣  Let's not pretend we don't all have that one friend who does this shit...

Yeah, Ana has already shown herself to be that friend when she counseled Zoey on how to deep stalk Luca's ex (look at her stories, but don't spend more than 5 seconds there, lol). 

I wasn't fully focused on the screen, what was with the "SOMEONE" on his phone screen over and over? 

6 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I wasn't fully focused on the screen, what was with the "SOMEONE" on his phone screen over and over? 

The reason Ana thinks Javi’s cheating on her is that he’s constantly and furtively getting and sending texts. When she looked at his phone and saw he was hiding the person’s identity, it made her even more suspicious.

So now the show's maybe in a pickle, with Sky heading to Tokyo for the Olympics. We know this show and Black-ish are in the same universe, and COVID definitely happened on Black-ish (even if it seems to be completely over), but that being the case, how is Sky going to the Olympics if the Olympics were postponed a year-ish? Maybe they will ret-con Black-ish to say the pandemic never happened, or it ended before the Olympics had to be postponed and we just never saw any of the covid stuff on this show. I'm obviously thinking too much about it.

Anyway...is it just me, or did the "twins" look more identical during the first season? I know they aren't twins IRL, but in the beginning, they were being presented more as being identical and I thought there was more of an effort to style them as such. Now, I don't think anyone would ever mistake them for twins, unless they are fraternal twins. I don't care one way or the other...just an observation. 

On 3/12/2021 at 3:58 PM, tennisgurl said:

Vivek has really become the MVP of this season after a few seasons of being basically a background character

Agreed. I was ready to write off Vivek last season as it seemed he had nothing to do. I'm glad he's being woven in more this season.

I hate the trope of a kiss leading directly to sex with no real steps, thought, or conversation.  This plays out as Zoe and Aaron knowing nothing about each other's current frame of mind or situation. I don't care how "caught up in the moment" they are meant to be; locking the door, taking off clothes, and putting on a condom are all deliberate steps that take a beat and leave space to think and speak. 

The twins plot is definitely the most interesting to me right now. I also appreciate the lack of drama between Sky and Rodney, and the mature end of Luca and Jillian's relationship. There are good stories to be told that aren't about cheating (or other forms of sexual dilemmas). I'm not necessarily opposed to those stories entirely, but they get do lazy and boring, like the old soaps my granny used to watch. 

• Love 3
On 3/13/2021 at 9:00 PM, Giuseppe said:

So now the show's maybe in a pickle, with Sky heading to Tokyo for the Olympics. We know this show and Black-ish are in the same universe, and COVID definitely happened on Black-ish (even if it seems to be completely over), but that being the case, how is Sky going to the Olympics if the Olympics were postponed a year-ish? Maybe they will ret-con Black-ish to say the pandemic never happened, or it ended before the Olympics had to be postponed and we just never saw any of the covid stuff on this show. I'm obviously thinking too much about it.

Given how wonky Freeform is with their scheduling, I suspect that this set of episodes were originally slated to run at the beginning of/through most of summer of 2020, with this most recent episode probably ending in July/August just before the Olympics and the premier of the the next season focusing on the start of senior year after the olympics. I think Freeform also typically shoots their shows really far in advance as compared to other networks, which also probably explains the two shows being on completely different timelines. Not sure how all of this has been changed given current circumstances. But if Zoey really isn't going to be on the show much anymore (maybe that will change now that she's basically a bum with no job and no school), I guess the two shows can be on different timelines.

So basically both Zoey and Aaron are trash in this episode.

Zoey because she comes running back to a guy who is in a relationship and sleeps with him on the assumption she's got him so hooked that he'll dump his girl for him in a minute.  Man, Zoey is just not very likable at all.  I want to like Zoey, I do, but she makes it so hard. 

Aaron because he knows he is with someone who is very chill and low drama and he takes this opportunity to finally have sex with the girl whom he has always wanted despite his relationship, knowing that a) he isn't going to break up with his girlf and b)knowing that Zoey has deeper feelings for him. Despite my issues with Zoey and what she did, he is doing both girls dirty.

Honestly, I hope neither Zoey nor Aaron get what they want which is probably they do want to be with each other.  But I think that would be rewarding bad behavior.

Did Ana and Zoey ever aknowledge Ana's sexy times with Aaron? If not I think that is majorly odd.  No way would that not naturally come up.  It would have been very interesting if they had written Ana having no problems with Aaron dating his current GF because she is not her friend, but would feel some type of way about Zoey and Aaron because of she and Zoey are friends.  It would ring more authentic to me than them acting as if it never happened.

The Olympics storyline with the twins is really interesting.  I am liking the way it is playing out so far.  And I think the timing is lucky because regardless of when this was filmed, the Olympics are happening this year so it worked out for them.  But I wonder if this was originally filmed before Covid?  If Skye's absence was to accommodate for Halle Bailey filming The Little Mermaid and that is all jacked now?  Or maybe it isn't..?

I am really enjoying Vivek and am so glad they are writing for him more.  Between Aaron, Vivek, Doug and even our brief glimpses of Rodnae I don't miss Luca at all.  Unless they find some storyline for him he is feeling really superfluous.

• Love 2