Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Redo and Rewind

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, J80134 said:

Marge felt like she had to sleep with her boss. Didnt sound like he threatened her job, pursued her relentlessly, or did anything harassing, other than to express an interest in her (can't date the boss today, but no biggie 30 years ago). It sucks she was young and afraid to say no, but its not really a harrowing enough experience to be book worthy. I found her mention that he was good looking interesting. I suspect the flirting went both ways, the doing of the deed didn't live up to the anticipation, and then things were awkward between them at work. Just my take based on what we heard on the show...maybe the book tells more.

Did she actually say she slept with him out of intimidation, fear, or worry about her job?  All I remember her saying was something like everybody was doing it.  Based upon other tales from her past I tend to think along the same line as you suspicion.  From what she has revealed both she and her mother strike me as the types who bought whole heartedly into the whole sexual freedom movement espoused by Helen Gurley Brown/ Cosmopolitan Magazine starting back in the 60's and throughout the latter part of the 20th Century.  

• Love 3

Teresa looked so nervous when she was talking to Michelle. I guess she's worried about her brother Joey being pissed. I think Jackie was more bothered than Evan. I think Jackie is an insecure person. I also think she has issues too. She kind of reminds me of Tori Spelling with wanting to be blonde and really skinny thinking that considers them "hot". I really thought Jackie was going to be a one season girl when she came her first season. I'm liking Jennifer this year. Melissa,Delores,and Margaret seemed over and kind of embarrassed about Jackie talking about the rumor at Evan's redo party. I don't blame them lol

• Love 7
On 3/13/2021 at 1:46 PM, thesupremediva1 said:

I think Jackie has no idea what show she's on. OF COURSE Marge doesn't believe the treacly BS about Teresa - you're on a reality show and you just skipped an important group trip. Your friend is throwing you a bone, giving you scene to film, and trying to show you a way to keep your job alongside a woman neither of you like that much. Being on this show is a (relatively easy) JOB - and to keep it, just like at an office, you have to show up to work. Marge sees her friend losing perspective and is trying, without breaking the fourth wall, to show her a way to move past Teresa's bad behavior so she can save face, respect her marriage, and still keep her spot on the show. Jackie just can't see that - she really thinks that "never talking to Teresa again" is possible and everyone is going to line up behind her. I don't know what planet she's on, or if she doesn't want to be on the show anymore (could we get that lucky?), but biting off Marge's head and threatening to take your toys and go home isn't a great look. 

Jackie took a totally different tactic once in front of Joe Gorga - she's really spineless and will talk down to other females but not males. 

Heeee... Jackie has made it clear that she definitely is not interested in working at any “job”— no matter how hard or easy it is made for her! That is how this all started! 

Edited by Luckylondon
  • LOL 4

Oh, Jackie’s husband is in FINANCE and in finance, your name and reputation are important unlike in all of those other jobs?

Nobody whose reputation is important to them would be on a Housewives show. 

Not a single one of these women is likable. 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Oh, Jackie’s husband is in FINANCE and in finance, your name and reputation is important unlike in all of those other jobs?

Nobody whose reputation is important to them would be on a Housewives show. 

Not a single one of these women is likable. 

Also add to that list when the HW's say, "in my culture family is important," seriously?  What culture does not think family is important?

You are right about being on a reality show, the edits tend to show a lot of warts on everyone so to speak, not always a picture perfect existence is highlighted, I would be afraid my boss and coworkers might look at me a bit differently after seeing me participate in a reality show even if it was my spouse that was the focus.

Side note, years ago when Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie were filming that not very reality like intern show my husband was on an episode, I forbid him to utter a word while filming, nothing ever comes off as clever on film as you think it will if you are not the one editing it!  Before that he was on The Weakest Link, it was before I knew him, I cringed a bit when I saw it later on down the road., lol.  He got a lot of ribbing from friends over that.

Evan might be okay with filming but I think if someone is super worried about how they will look in the business world I would stay far away.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also add to that list when the HW's say, "in my culture family is important," seriously?  What culture does not think family is important?

Yep. Lookin’ at you Teresa and Jen! 

Evan is on a show where HIS WIFE discusses blow jobs (and talks to her married, disabled brother like he is 4)  but we are supposed to pretend Teresa sharing rumors will stick a knife in his career? 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9

I didn't even realize I missed an episode - my "cable" went out last week and nothing recorded so I assumed there wasn't an episode.  Its not on OnDemand or the Firestick app or scheduled to be on anytime soon.  Are those all my options on seeing it?  

31 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I didn't even realize I missed an episode - my "cable" went out last week and nothing recorded so I assumed there wasn't an episode.  Its not on OnDemand or the Firestick app or scheduled to be on anytime soon.  Are those all my options on seeing it?  

You can try the Bravo app. That's how I got caught up.this morning. This episode wasn't really interesting so you didn't miss much.

It seems as if arguing with or talking about Teresa is the only real action on this show. I'm trying to think of more compelling storylines. Does Marge still have a business? We could have seen her making hard decisions or learning to adapt to quarantine conditions. Anything other than her life story, which manages to be both salacious and boring. I like Dolores but I don't care about her relationship. I want to see more of her volunteer work, though, but I'm sure that might be seen as intrusive.

21 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

You can try the Bravo app. That's how I got caught up.this morning. This episode wasn't really interesting so you didn't miss much.

It seems as if arguing with or talking about Teresa is the only real action on this show. I'm trying to think of more compelling storylines. Does Marge still have a business? We could have seen her making hard decisions or learning to adapt to quarantine conditions. Anything other than her life story, which manages to be both salacious and boring. I like Dolores but I don't care about her relationship. I want to see more of her volunteer work, though, but I'm sure that might be seen as intrusive.

thanks  I'll give it a look 🙂

• Love 1

All of these women are horrible (with Margaret maybe half a degree less horrible than the others…mayyyybe) but Teresa and Jackie are probably the worst. It was objectively terrible of Teresa to stir that shit about Jackie‘s husband, but Jackie‘s reaction has been way over the top, in my opinion. Don’t these women realize that when they have these outsized reactions, they give the rumors life? Also if Evan truly is in a buttoned-up finance job where appearances are everything, wouldn’t his proximity to a reality show be a gigantic issue?

I hope Lexi’s getting paid to go on this trip because she seems to be really catering to the women.

On 3/14/2021 at 2:18 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I'm not sure which Housewives have said that family is important in their culture. Guessing maybe some Housewives referring to Italian or Turkish culture?

Family is going to indeed be important in every culture, but some cultures are definitely much more family-oriented than American culture. In America, children are ideally out of the house upon high school graduation. There is more of a value on independence here than there is in other cultures. Grandparents often live alone, maybe in nursing homes. In many other cultures, multigenerational living is the norm, not the exception. Kids often stay living with their parents through the college years and beyond. Grandparents move in with their kids/grandkids if they're very old/widowed. Nursing homes are only used if there is no other choice. While I think the divorce rate has gown down (partially due to less marriages in the first place), divorce rates in the US are still some of the highest in the world. I believe things like siblings who don't speak to one another is more common here than in many other cultures. 

Say what you want about them, but both Teresa and Jennifer are particularly family-oriented.