Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: The Basement Wife

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Ratings:  1.429 M viewers and a .28 rating.  Twelfth cable show of the day.

Is that good, bad, or indifferent?    I never know.

3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I used to have to wear one as a flight nurse and it was horrible especially when using a bathroom in airports in foreign countries.  No way to keep at least part of it from brushing the floor.  

I would want snaps.   We bought a lot of Hanna Andersson rompers when ours were toddlers, and they had snaps up the legs and across the crotch area for ease in diapering.

That being said, the first and only time I wore rompers other than as a small child was when I wore brown rompers to play Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer when we did skits at nursing homes when I was in high school. 

I really can't wear either jumpsuits or rompers due to the fact that I have a very short waist and very long legs.  I get my jackets from the petite section then for the pant I have to find me a pair in extra-long.   I rilly, rilly hate shopping for clothes, and if I find something that works for me, I usually buy it in several colours.     

3 hours ago, deirdra said:

In one of the early shows Christine gives a tour of the communal pantry and mentions that she has contributed to the fambly by adding food bought with her foodstamps.  As a taxpayer that immediately struck me as an admission of fraud.

I had 2 real jobs before I fled to law school;  one of them was in social services in NOLA.  When a daughter had a child but lived with her parent(s) and she aged up and was qualified for Aid to Dependent Children, it used to be that she could not get food stamps for herself and her child(ren), but she and her kids were included in the food stamps that the parents received , if they qualified.  That was changed at some point so that the daughter could get foodstamps but she had to say that the two families under one roof were cooking separately which, of course, no one believed was happening most of the time as it was a most unenforceable requirement.   In a sense, Christine contributed by not taking money or by taking less money from the family to buy food.  If she qualified for the stamps, I would guess she also got AFDC for the kids. 

12 hours ago, Coldplay said:

Hey there, longtime lurker here, decided to finally join in the fun, cause the episodes get more boring by the season

welcome!!!!

7 hours ago, KateHearts said:

But she isn't touting polygamy now- at ALL. She seems to have done a very severe 180- I think she is feeling proud and badass for, after all these years, "telling it like it is"- but she's coming across as defeated and bitter that she tried and tried to buy into for years, only to have it leave her empty and depleted.  You can see it on her face- deep lines between her eyes that don't smile anymore. In certain shots her skin looks gray and she really looks like she has aged 15 years since she decided not to hide how little she cares anymore. And yeah, admitting that you let everyone roll over you while you maintained a household and raised umpteen kids (many of whom were not your own- wait, aren't the kids all "theirs"?) makes you look pathetic and totally taken advantage of.

She was still praising polygamy at the end of last season when she and Janelle were there for Maddie's daughter's birth.   It was sickening how they were talking about how great it was for Maddie to be able to have her two moms there and it was a joy monogamous moms could never have or some such drivel.   I wonder if Robyn's getting the mansionette plus Christine having to fork up for Ysabel's surgery without visible support from the rest of the family was just a bridge too far.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Mariah returns the favor when Kody talks about choosing a wedding date.  This is after her stunned silence when he asks about the significance of the 29th, since he didn't know his own daughter's birthday.  Ironically, Kody was going to marry Janelle on Meri's birthday.  Ultimately, he postponed that wedding (to Meri's former sister-in-law) by 4 days. 

Didn't Kody blather about not being able to choose his own wedding dates, but having them chosen for him?  Nice try, Shaggy - otherwise why would he have initially agreed to marry his second wife on his first wife's birthday?  Although knowing Kody, he wanted that particular date so he'd have fewer important days to circle on the calendar.

18 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Kody may be the thinnest in the adult group right now.

And yet in the new opening sequence, he appears to have such a serious beer gut, his shirt catches on it.  It never fails to make me laugh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

I thought adult rompers were jumpsuits and google results mostly show long legged rompers; some have shorts and there are even rompers with trains.  They come in flowy-legged versions and tight-legged versions.  I wonder which version Pudge & Sludge will choose? Halter-necked or sleeveless, braless & pit-hair exposing on top is probably a given; hopefully no cameltoes. The reason I don't wear jumpsuits/rompers is that most don’t feature an opening at the bottom for bathroom use, which means you have to take the entire thing off to pee.  

Hopefully flowy and long. I doubt it though.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It’s unfortunate that so many people don’t know more about Utah. As a big Osmond fan growing up, I read abOut Utah, Mormons, LDS, etc.  and as kid knew that LDS members don’t practice polygamy.  In 2021, there’s really no excuse for people to not know this.  

you and me both!  Jay fan here although I eventually did switch to Donny.  

• LOL 5
(edited)

Robyn:

“It’s confusing to me because I’m like did I just not see what was there right in front of my face?  did I fall in love with a culture of a family that really wasn’t real?”

Clever girl, that Robyn.

”It’s pure love”...she says regarding the “sister wife” relationship in that they have each other’s backs and fully support and encourage each other in the individual relationships they have with their shared husband.  Emotional lesbians-I wonder if they feel the same intense “pure love” connection with their husband, or is he just a stud for procreation purposes?

Edited by kicotan
More to add
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

you and me both!  Jay fan here although I eventually did switch to Donny.  

Jay was certainly cute, but OG Donny girl here too (except for briefly crushing on Jimmy).

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I really can't wear either jumpsuits or rompers due to the fact that I have a very short waist and very long legs.  I get my jackets from the petite section then for the pant I have to find me a pair in extra-long.   I rilly, rilly hate shopping for clothes, and if I find something that works for me, I usually buy it in several colours.     

Might I suggest Victoria's Secret? I believe they have very competitive credit card rates. They surely won't bankrupt you.

• LOL 21
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Exactly.  I had to buy 14/16 tops because I have wide shoulders and long arms.  Then, size 6 skirts because of my waist.  I shopped men’s jeans/pants because they had inseams longer than 30”...I needed 34-36.   I was long waisted and the Newport News catalog used to have long waisted swimsuits I was so grateful for!

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Granny58 said:

As I recall, he said as much and that he was grossed out watching her eat tortilla chips or something.  I have to say, she did improve as she aged.   

I am new, just started watching this season.  Did he really say that???

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I am new, just started watching this season.  Did he really say that???

He did indeed say that, I think it was cheese nachos, but no difference.  When the host on the tell all asked had he really said that, he unapologetically confirmed.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Yes to all of this. Christine has complained off and on for a while now. She is getting more dramatic but nothing is changing. So either this is all for the cameras (and we will see another therapy honeymoon in which they learn to 'feel safe' and communicate....) or...how about affecting change?

Christine - if you don't like how you're treated and he doesn't like you - then leave...

Meri - if you don't like how you're treated and he doesn't like you - then leave...

Janelle- we get it. you don't really care one way or the other about anything...

Robyn - we get it. you are the real change maker in the fambly...  the peacemaker, the only one who communicates... likely sent directly from that big real estate agent in the sky to save them all...

But...but...but this LIFESTYLE just makes each of them BETTER! (sarcasm font)

• LOL 12
(edited)

From what I remember, Christine was perfectly content with her position in the family (and ALL it entailed) before Robyn arrived on the scene.  Since this latest episode, we now know she had been a great actress and actually never felt that way at all.   Christine is currently saying she almost despised her role back then.  Interesting.   Once Robyn entered the family, Christine’s jealousy reared its ugly head....to the max.  After that, Christine’s path within the family has had a few twists and turns and she is finally expressing her truth.  Good for her.   Hope she feels better.   That said, I’ve never warmed up to Christine because I often found her to be transparent, fake, attention seeking, and pathetic.  In essence, she wasn’t fooling everyone.  

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 10
On 3/8/2021 at 10:46 AM, smarty2020 said:

They have to marry on the 29th, which happens to be a Sunday in August 2021.  They want the 29th because Audrey and Mariah's birthdays are on the 29th (I believe Audrey's is December 29th and Mariah's is July 29th).

if this was filmed way back in the Spring of 2020, with all the covid starting up talk, why plan a wedding for late 2021. Why not get married on Aug 29, 2020    they never make sense to me.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

if this was filmed way back in the Spring of 2020, with all the covid starting up talk, why plan a wedding for late 2021. Why not get married on Aug 29, 2020   

The timelines are always so confusing with this bunch.  Wasn't this all filmed a year ago? So do we know that there will actually be a wedding in August or was that just the plan last year and is no longer on the table?  If it were I think we'd see a lot more chatter from Sludge and Pudge on the SM accounts.  Princess Pudge has never been able to keep her yap shut before, it seems strange that there is radio silence on this especially when you know she's going to want to share her grandiose plans so her fans can worhipfully gush their support.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

The timelines are always so confusing with this bunch.  Wasn't this all filmed a year ago? So do we know that there will actually be a wedding in August or was that just the plan last year and is no longer on the table?  If it were I think we'd see a lot more chatter from Sludge and Pudge on the SM accounts.  Princess Pudge has never been able to keep her yap shut before, it seems strange that there is radio silence on this especially when you know she's going to want to share her grandiose plans so her fans can worhipfully gush their support.

There was some speculation that during covid lockdown Audrey was shown on instagram with a wedding band on her ring finger.  They may have gotten married already?? 

Edited to add: I can't see them giving up the tv wedding though, so it seems unlikely to me they are already married...

Edited by smarty2020
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

if this was filmed way back in the Spring of 2020, with all the covid starting up talk, why plan a wedding for late 2021. Why not get married on Aug 29, 2020    they never make sense to me.

Their plan was for Mariah to finish graduate school before they marry.  After marriage, they'd start their family.  Last week, she said that they were moving to Utah after the semester underway and she'd finish her degree at "the U."  If they moved to Utah in May or June, an August 2020 wedding would be tight.  Also, they decided to marry in Utah after they decided to move there and their friends told them that Audrey & Mariah loved the mountains.  When Mariah & Audrey were living in Chicago, they talked about getting married there, but it looks like they never started to plan a wedding.  I do remember some dumb conversation about what their wedding would be like when they went to a diner for breakfast when the sister wives visited.  

They got engaged in January 2019 at the Women's March in DC.  When they announced their engagement on the show last season, Kody grilled them about setting a wedding date.  Mariah forecasted 3 years (the length of her original graduate program).  Kody declared that 3 years was too long and 6 months is normal.  Meri was upset because they didn't tell her first.  When Christine asked about a timeline, Meri immediately cried, "I should be the one asking that!" 

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

"I should be the one asking that!" 

Meri should have been the one asking her a lot of things, if she had, it may not have come as such a shock when Mariah came out.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Didn't Kody blather about not being able to choose his own wedding dates, but having them chosen for him?  Nice try, Shaggy - otherwise why would he have initially agreed to marry his second wife on his first wife's birthday?  Although knowing Kody, he wanted that particular date so he'd have fewer important days to circle on the calendar.

well, just marry all four on the same date and have a group anniversary party every year.  The wives all have to share Kody on his birthday anyway.  Just another way poly wives have to learn not to be jealous.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Kody may be the thinnest in the adult group right now.

What I find funny is that this season TLC introduces & returns to the show after commercials with some photos from a few years ago, before Kody got the ramen noodle hair treatment. He proudly stands there with both hands in his pockets, which emphasized the huge gut he had at the time.  I guess Kootie has no say in his portrayal, unless he thinks it makes him look better now. 

• LOL 8
14 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Whoa whoa whoa!! Spoiler alert would have been nice there Sandy! Next thing you’ll be tellingk us, Meri was once talking online with a bad woman, who was pretending to be a man. Be great if they covered all this completely  untouched stuff, on an episode now and then 😉   

I personally couldn’t care less to see self righteous ME-riah and her chubby clone lap dog’s weddingk planning, but I guess that’s literally all this show has to offer us now. Like Counting On, it will just be an endless parade of weddingks and babies (with a few moving trucks and wives passive aggressively side-eyeing and shading each other), until the sorry end.

I usually find Christine the most tolerable and relatable wife, but the last two seasons she’s become totally neurotic. The theatrical voice gymnastics and alternative low whispering and random loud booming, combined with weird annunciations like adding ‘ink’ endings to all ‘ing’ words are grating ... Soz Christine but wouldn’t shower at your house either, that kind of dramatic energy would be exhausting. She needs to follow her mum Annie’s lead, and just leave the lifestyle before she becomes any more bitter. 

• Bless, old Mare and her feigned ignorance  about who the Queen B was in their Leeeehi household - If you’re just sittin’ there not sure who it was, it was probably you...ya know? She who demanded an equal share of the family pot, taking resources that could have been better utilised/shared amongst the multiple kids, to instead spend them on her one spoilt heir baby pudge (and 8 spirit kids).  I remember Kody saying once in an episode  ‘Mariah doesn’t beg me for new shoes or clothes anything like Aspyn or Maddie do’. Well duh you pubic-haired bonehead, I wonder why? It’s almost like funds aren’t distributed evenly and fairly between your dependants, causing deep family inequalities, rifts and resentments or something. 🙄

From old Queen B to the new one - at least she didn’t try to fake sob this episode, over how pure her sacrificial and saintly love for the other wives is. JK she totally did. 
723DC899-5DA6-45A7-BF1E-D2FE695E9E5C.thumb.jpeg.e00009177ce650367efea3eb588622d1.jpeg

Meanwhile I keep tuning in. I hate myself. 

Sofasloth! “Pubic haired bonehead.” I spit coke all over myself. Still chuckling. Thanx! 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

The following is a quote shared on FB by Doris Hanson:

“Elders, never love your wives one hair’s breadth further than they adorn the Gospel, never love them so but that you can leave them at a moment’s warning without shedding a tear. Should you love a child any more than this? No.” 
Brigham Young, June 15, 1856, Journal of Discourses Vol 3, pg 360

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

The following is a quote shared On FB by Doris Hanson:

“Elders, never love your wives one hair’s breadth further than they adorn the Gospel, never love them so but that you can leave them at a moment’s warning without shedding a tear. Should you love a child any more than this? No.” 
Brigham Young, June 15, 1856, Journal of Discourses Vol 3, pg 

Edited by Just Wondering
Meant to quote a different post!
10 hours ago, kicotan said:

Robyn:

“It’s confusing to me because I’m like did I just not see what was there right in front of my face?  did I fall in love with a culture of a family that really wasn’t real?”

Clever girl, that Robyn.

”It’s pure love”...she says regarding the “sister wife” relationship in that they have each other’s backs and fully support and encourage each other in the individual relationships they have with their shared husband.  Emotional lesbians-I wonder if they feel the same intense “pure love” connection with their husband, or is he just a stud for procreation purposes?

I have long wondered about this. Polygamous ladies are married to a man, but are expected to receive most of their emotional support, companionship, conflict resolution, and child-raising help from women. There is a name for that and it cuts out the middle man (literally). Anyway, polygamous fellows have basically found placeholders for their “wives” without having to allow other penises into the harem.  These ladies are their very own eunuchs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I finally finished watching the episode. I thought Christine and Roby had a really nice conversation, which was a nice change. I did feel like Robyn was actually listening, though I doubt anything will change. 

All those years of bullshit therapy with Nancy the polygamist lover, and Kody and Meri still concentrated on the logistics of where Kody should shower, instead of the feelings behind what Christine was saying. Both them took a sharp detour around Christine's plea for attention from her husband and instead picked away at exactly where Kody showered each day. And now that Kody knows the real reasons why Christine doesn't want to share a house, is he going to have an adult conversation with her about it? Nope. 

I heard so many people on this thread mention Mariah and Audrey wanting to wear rompers to their wedding, but I never heard it mentioned during the episode. It would be absurd to get married in that castle wearing a freakin' romper, but I wouldn't put it past them. 

And I'm so over the COVID storylines on reality shows. Or maybe I'm just over COVID in general.

• Love 18
19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Kody may be the thinnest in the adult group right now.  Little chance he will abandon the hairstyle....not until the very end.   Lol  I take issue with some of his behavior, but I think I find him more attractive than most around here....Ok, I’ll, show myself out.  Lol

Im wondering if covid caused a change in Mariah’s relocation plans. 

Yeah, even if he’s not perfect it looks like he’s at least trying.  His hair looks way better than it used to (the curls actually look good on him). He’s still got those beady, dark shark-eyes though.

There’s no excuse in Flagstaff for not having the means to be more fit.  It’s a mecca for healthy-eating, outdoorsy types (I loved living there). You’d think they’d at least be taking the kids hiking, there are biking trails, running trails, you name it flagstaff has it. 

Getting older, stress and slow metabolisms are hitting them hard. And of course you can’t outrun your fork. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I finally finished watching the episode. I thought Christine and Roby had a really nice conversation, which was a nice change. I did feel like Robyn was actually listening, though I doubt anything will change. 

All those years of bullshit therapy with Nancy the polygamist lover, and Kody and Meri still concentrated on the logistics of where Kody should shower, instead of the feelings behind what Christine was saying. Both them took a sharp detour around Christine's plea for attention from her husband and instead picked away at exactly where Kody showered each day. And now that Kody knows the real reasons why Christine doesn't want to share a house, is he going to have an adult conversation with her about it? Nope. 

I heard so many people on this thread mention Mariah and Audrey wanting to wear rompers to their wedding, but I never heard it mentioned during the episode. It would be absurd to get married in that castle wearing a freakin' romper, but I wouldn't put it past them. 

And I'm so over the COVID storylines on reality shows. Or maybe I'm just over COVID in general.

Well said!

49 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I had better nip this in the bud.

My March 8 post: "I don't know how true it is but I read somewhere that they both plan to wear rompers.  Yes rompers!!"

It wasn't mentioned on the episode, and I think I may have read it on reddit but it was an unsubstantiated rumor as far as I know, and I should not have repeated it unless I knew it for fact.  Sorry about that. 

• Love 6

It wasn't mentioned on the episode, and I think I may have read it on reddit but it was an unsubstantiated rumor as far as I know, and I should not have repeated it unless I knew it for fact.  Sorry about that. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Dumb and Dumber actually did this though. It might be their misguided interpretation of being "woke" and thinking wedding dresses are oppressive.

I also didn't realize that Christine got such a crappy wedding, and then Robyn got a huge celebration after Kody dated Robyn while Christine was pregnant. Do they think this show makes them look good to anyone??

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I had better nip this in the bud.

My March 8 post: "I don't know how true it is but I read somewhere that they both plan to wear rompers.  Yes rompers!!"

It comes from the episode where either Maddie or Mykelti was wedding dress shopping and Mariah wandered off to look at bridal rompers. Because this show always needs filler that mundane moment actually became a couch topic. Audge was not yet in the picture.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

I stopped watching this show regularly about five years ago or whenever they landed in Vegas, but have checked in now and again to see what the Kodeman and his sometimes-sister-sorta-wives have been up to.  How do they do it?  Buying all that land and property, selling houses at a loss.  I know they were making a crap load of money off TLC for a while but that has mostly dried up and they get paid a fraction of what they used to.  That has to be the real reason they are sitting on land in Flagstaff and stalling on building their latest batch of homes.  Why does Meri stick around?  She hates Kody and her kids are grown.  She's not his legal wife anymore so there is no divorce stopping her.  She can leave anytime she wants, go live in her Utah B&B or something.  Christine doesn't want to be a sister wife at all, just have her own place and Kodeman in the shower for some strange reason.  It looked like that wedding venue manager wanted to take Kody into a back room and become sister wife number five.  Maybe that's the plot for next season.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 6
On 3/8/2021 at 9:06 PM, nosedive said:

Sign me up for the husband showering next door!  In fact, I’m in favor of his taking all his bathrooming needs next door.  What’s not to like about that arrangement?  

I think in Christine's case, it was more that it meant Kody was also not keeping any clothes or toiletries (imagine the number of hair products!) at her house. So basically he was only visiting her for mills and sex.

• Love 9
On 3/9/2021 at 5:18 AM, Jeanne222 said:

I thought.... Audrey would wear the gown and Mariah the tux?  It's confusing.

I went to a gay wedding once and they both wore dresses.  Only time one of them would wear a tux is if they dress masculine in their everyday life.  They don't try and simulate man/wife or anything at a wedding, just dress like they really are.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
8 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

I think in Christine's case, it was more that it meant Kody was also not keeping any clothes or toiletries (imagine the number of hair products!) at her house. So basically he was only visiting her for mills and sex.

Right, and he probably said "I'm going upstairs to shower" and then never came back down again.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Dobian said:

I went to a gay wedding once and they both wore dresses.  Only time one of them would wear a tux is if they dress masculine in their everyday life.  They don't try and simulate man/wife or anything at a wedding, just dress like they really are.

Yep. People ask us all the time which one of us is "the guy." And it's like...neither? That's....kind of the point? We both wore dresses. If we were not getting married in a hot place in the summer, I'd have worn the tux, and I'm extremely femme. People asked us that too, if my wife would wear the tux because her hair was shorter, which...just....what? Wearing pants has a hair length connotation???

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
9 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

What a crazy way to live!  I agree that a big reason would have been him keeping his personal care products elsewhere but also Meri was gaining some of the time that Christine felt she should have been allotted.  She may have reasoned she should have had his presence for the full 24 hours that she was entitled to.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Dobian said:

I've only seen gay weddings on tv.  Can't think of the programs right now but I'm sure some kind of reality tv.

When two women marry its Always one dressed more masculine standing at the alter and the other more feminine walking down the aisle.

So that's where I got that idea that in a relationship one would be the masculine and one the feminine.  That's TV for you!

When it's two men tuxedos on both.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I've only seen gay weddings on tv.  Can't think of the programs right now but I'm sure some kind of reality tv.

When two women marry its Always one dressed more masculine standing at the alter and the other more feminine walking down the aisle.

So that's where I got that idea that in a relationship one would be the masculine and one the feminine.  That's TV for you!

When it's two men tuxedos on both.

If they want to stick to some traditions, why not have each father escort their own daughters down the (not straight) aisle.  If Kody felt his thunder was being stolen by sharing this privilege, he could always make up for it on the dance floor.🤦‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Right, and he probably said "I'm going upstairs to shower" and then never came back down again.  

So Christine is parenting 10+ kids downstairs, while her husband is hanging out upstairs in the peace and quiet. And he can't figure out why she has deep resentments. He is really is an asshole.

• Love 22
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

As for the Weddingk of the Century, Pudge/Audge version?  I don't care what they wear, or how they adorn their armpit hair.  I am, however, very interested in the ceremony.  I doubt Mariah will ask Kody to officiate because he's a bigger attention ho than she is, and she can't have that.  I picture Pudge stopping mid-way down the aisle to do a down-dog in a romper two sizes too small.  After the vows, instead of throwing rice at the newlyweds, Mariah will ask everyone to release bees, which will then angrily swoop back down and sting the guests.  The reception dinner will include vegan hot dogs and soy milk lattes, with dessert being a life-sized sculpture of Pudge's head created by Meri and made from Rice Krispie treats.  Musical accompaniment will be Van Lady Love, with Meri's pop-up LuLaRoe shop stationed at the exit, staffed by BlairMichael - and you cannot leave without purchasing at least two pairs of leggings.  

No pinatas?

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Dobian said:

I went to a gay wedding once and they both wore dresses.  Only time one of them would wear a tux is if they dress masculine in their everyday life.  They don't try and simulate man/wife or anything at a wedding, just dress like they really

Way back in the late 1970's, I attended the blessing of the union of two women who both wore pants.

4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I also didn't realize that Christine got such a crappy wedding, and then Robyn got a huge celebration after Kody dated Robyn while Christine was pregnant. Do they think this show makes them look good to anyone??

Yes, or at least I think they did in the earlier  seasons.  At least on the cul-de-sac,  they could pretend three of the wives and all the the children and Kody were getting along swimmingly.   Of course, Meri and the catfish thing was the fly in the ointment. but that fly gave new life to the show.  Until this season, they were still portraying the poly culture as a great one because the more moms you have the merrier.   Or some such similar bs. Even recently Robyn made the speech about monogamous women being competitive (bad) and poly women being cooperative (good).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Yep. People ask us all the time which one of us is "the guy." And it's like...neither? That's....kind of the point? We both wore dresses. If we were not getting married in a hot place in the summer, I'd have worn the tux, and I'm extremely femme. People asked us that too, if my wife would wear the tux because her hair was shorter, which...just....what? Wearing pants has a hair length connotation???

This post made me LOL. Especially the last line. People are funny. I think whatever Mariah wears, it will be black. She said at one point (not sure if on the show or on Instagram, or both) that she only wears black. I'd be shocked if she came out in a white suit, a white dress, or even a white romper. Audrey may wear something colorful though. I could see Mariah choosing a black tux with a black shirt and maybe a rainbow tie. That would actually be kind of cool.

• Love 4

Regarding Sunday weddings, I had to be married on a Sunday because of religious reasons. Conservative Judaism doesn't allow marriage on Saturdays unless it's after sundown. We had an afternoon wedding, everyone left by 7pm, and no one that I can recall declined because of work the next day.

In unrelated news, I don't give a shit what Pudge wears to her own wedding. She just needs to hide that extra large FUPA. Girl, damn.

• Love 8
On 3/9/2021 at 8:46 AM, Jeanne222 said:

I had to Google romper to make sure I knew what it was.  I just can't imagine those two in rompers.

Like circus elephants.  Maybe they will carry umbrellas?  Striped ones.

Mariah and Meri...take a hike.   You two are tiring with your cute ideas.

Oh I think there's something worse to come!  Lol

You know you can actually Google "fat girl in romper". What are they thinking?

• LOL 2

Christine has apparently come a long way from her starry-eyed proclamation of "I didn't just want the man; I wanted the family!!!". Now, while Robyn is gushing about the "pure love" of sister-wives supporting each other's marriages and relationships with the Kodster, Christine is like, "Yeah...my perfect sister-wife relationship would be like friends who just call each other to check in...".

Is someone going to break it to Christine that she can actually have that kind of relationship with other women...ACTUAL FRIENDS who are not also your sister-wives. Just imagine, Christine...a world where you can go to a friend's house and just enjoy their company instead of worrying  about what weird sister-wife/co-mom/hierarchical boundaries you're crossing or not crossing.  Imagine a world where you're not seething with jealousy of your friends because guess what-you're NOT also sharing your husband with them...

I did appreciate that Robyn seemed to just listen and participate in the conversation like a normal human been without turning on the waterworks and making it all about her. However, I can't help but notice how she's managed to position herself. She's now not only the favorite wife with the nicest house and the power to still give Kody more kids (well, if God decides their family isn't yet complete, of course), but she's also now managed to pivot into the coveted role of 'Kody-whisperer', family dynamics power-broker, peacemaker, and therapist.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Mariah copies no one!  She blazes her own woke trail!!

She's woke???  No wonder I cannot stand her snarky tone and know it all attitude.  I usually fast forward through her scenes for the aforementioned reason.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7