Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
snarts

S05.E5: Best Frenemies

Recommended Posts

Quote

Luke thinks a flirtatious flower delivery will get his relationship with Ciara back on track, only to find himself deeper in the friendzone. Stephen attempts to cheer Lindsay up with a romantic birthday dinner that completely backfires. Meanwhile, Hannah and Amanda’s friendship takes a turn for the worse. Carl receives devastating news, and heads home to be with his family.

Air Date: 03/04/2021

 

Share this post


Link to post

Team Ciera.  Everyone else is so fucking weird.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I’m so sad for Carl and his family.  No parent wants that visit from the police, I been there with my ❤️ (not as a parent but it was my ❤️parents that got the visit.  I was actually on the scene. It wasn’t OD  or narcotic related) and it was horrid.  💔💔💔.  Hugs to Carlito.

Hannah and her yellow horse teeth and her pancakes titties need to be gone.  Take a shower and move on.  Far away.  
 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Team Ciera.  Everyone else is so fucking weird.

i do like paige.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Lindsay is cray and has completely unattainable standards.  BUT.  I’m sure it’s a result of how her mom abandoned her and all that.  Either way, she needs to get it figured out before she gets married and has kids, per her timeline.  I mean, kids don’t anticipate your feelings or make you sandwiches, Linds....🤷🏻‍♀️

47 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Team Ciera.  Everyone else is so fucking weird.

She’s not too bad, as long as she doesn’t  allow herself to be manipulated by Hannah or Luke:  oh, and she could stand to make her bed and tidy up her room 😂

Edited by geauxaway
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

#teamamanda, Hannah's an narcissistic asshole. Please let this be her last summer. Even Paige seems over it. 

Lindsey's really too much. How does she goes above & beyond for Stephen? Why is it all on him? If you love someone, you're more than happy to eat fish & chips by the pool. That girl will never be happy. 

Kyle tried to warn Ciara. Hope she listened. 

Can't believe that all happened in one day. 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just started watching this show this season but Hannah annoys the shit out of me.

Those flowers Luke gave to Ciara seemed really lame. Luke is such a hipster looking dbag. Ciara can do way better. Luke’s talks with ppl are so lame.

That dinner scene was awkward. I felt bad for Stephen. Why would he even wanna be with her. I don’t know their relationship but she seems crazy and the type who is never happy.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, geauxaway said:

oh, and she could stand to make her bed and tidy up her room 😂

This makes me more team Ciera.  Maybe my "talk" with her would would work out better than Luke's.  That hilarity may have been the highlight of the episode.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't even know there are adults who expect full on dating anniversary celebrations after high school. Nobody I know is like that. A nice dinner date to commemorate the event, yes. He put a lot of careful thought into it and it was really quite endearing. There's a far better gal out there for you Stravy. She's probably aware of the global pandemic too. 

I don't like Hannah but I like Kyle and Amanda even less. Ciara's right, they're all at fault and Kyle has a bad habit of inserting himself into everything like he's some kind of authority, wielding wedding invitations like they're something that should be awarded. I don't think anyone holds them as a model standard for relationships or even cares about their wedding, which will very likely be as sophomoric as every staged event they do on the show. Wedding favors will be merch 😄 You know I'm right about that one.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Stephen/Stravy's hair is stupid.

So is Luke's. He looks better when it is cut short.

Carl's pants always so tight.  Seems like at least 2 sizes too small.

Paige is funny.

Hannah always looks dirty.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure if Amanda is EVER gonna find someone who can ANTICIPATE her every wish!!  Uh, sister; yo momma wasn't a glass blower.

I think her expectations are always gonna leave her empty handed in the man department.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I was kind of grossed out at how quickly they all returned to their regularly scheduled bullshit after hearing about Carl’s brother. His pain was gut wrenching. It was hard to watch I felt so bad for him and his family. No one should ever have to go through that. But rather than realize their petty crap doesn’t matter, these yahoos are back to sniping at each other by sunset.  
 
I am Team Not Kyle. I enjoy watching him but he really is a bossy know-it-all with a hate hard on for Hannah. If you have beef with the cleanliness of the house address it fairly and without attacking. He came for Hannah but no one else. Hannah is also in the wrong for going after Amanda and seems to be doing to most for drama’s sake this year. I generally like her but it’s all a bit much. 
 

Im going to take the unpopular position and say I see where Lindsay is coming from. She likes big gestures of love. That’s who she is. Sure, it probably comes from all her abandonment issues, but she is open about it and communicated her hopes to Stephen. If he knew her, or cared about her expectations, he would have known that was not going to cut it. Paige knew lol!  Just because it was a pandemic does not mean he couldn’t have done something more over the top. Even Amanda’s plan for Kyle (another grown birthday obsessive) was more involved and thought out. Stephen could have easily taken the same plan and made it seem grand. Candles, a twinkly light canopy, enlarged photos of all of their best movements of the past year lining the path to dinner in reverse chronological order to take them back to “where it all started,” then have the fish and chips dinner. Put it in a damn serving plate out of the styrofoam.  Curate a playlist with special songs. Give her a toast about how much you love her.  Same dinner. Way more effort. He phoned it in. (I say this as someone who doesn’t celebrate like, anything ...). Like what exactly took him “all week” to plan? Ordering take out? Finding a table cloth?

Edited by jkitty
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I honestly don’t think Stravy was the one for her, either.  I think she really pushed it because she has this timeline she is trying to stay on and last summer when they met everyone else was coupled up except her and she wanted SO bad to have a BF, any BF.  Even on their first date it looked like a fun time, but there wasn’t any chemistry, it was like a hangout.   

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I think when it came down to it, she wasn’t going to go into the next season without a boyfriend with her in the house. Also Lindsay is one of those women who has to use the word “boyfriend” all the time, kind of like Carrie Bradshaw, who was also insufferable.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

God damn. Let Lindsey have her bday & everyone else have a nice quiet evening consoling Karl. It’s MONDAY!!

Ciara shutting hipster doofus down... thankujesus.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Not sure if Amanda is EVER gonna find someone who can ANTICIPATE her every wish!!  Uh, sister; yo momma wasn't a glass blower.

I think her expectations are always gonna leave her empty handed in the man department.

Did you mean Lindsay? She will be single for the rest of her life unless she gets some more therapy to figure out why she chooses the guys she does and then trashes every relationship she's ever been in. 

This season is different because they dont have a cleaning service so i can't blame Kyle for checking Hannah on her dereliction of trash duty that she volunteered for. If she thinks she shouldn't have to help around the house because she doesnt cook, she still sits at the table and still eats. She is just bent out of shape and acting out because that asshole Luke is gaslighting her, which is horrible but I still can't stand her nasty gross personality. Not that it was right for Amanda to be throwing around glassware. 

Clara is beautiful, smart and mature for her age. Surely she could find a better guy than Luke. 

I feel terrible for Carl and his family, having been through this. 

This house is going to be a total swamp before this 6 weeks is over.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/5/2021 at 8:53 AM, RedDelicious said:

I didn't even know there are adults who expect full on dating anniversary celebrations after high school. Nobody I know is like that. A nice dinner date to commemorate the event, yes. He put a lot of careful thought into it and it was really quite endearing. There's a far better gal out there for you Stravy. She's probably aware of the global pandemic too. 

I don't like Hannah but I like Kyle and Amanda even less. Ciara's right, they're all at fault and Kyle has a bad habit of inserting himself into everything like he's some kind of authority, wielding wedding invitations like they're something that should be awarded. I don't think anyone holds them as a model standard for relationships or even cares about their wedding, which will very likely be as sophomoric as every staged event they do on the show. Wedding favors will be merch 😄 You know I'm right about that one.

Now I’m picturing an entire Lover Boy themed wedding! Oh the bougie basic glory of it all! 
 

But seriously, I too think Amanda and Kyle  have a pretty messed up relationship but it’s their call. I’ve learned when you have a friend in a sketchy relationship you say your piece completely honestly once. Just once. And then you get over it. People are going to do what they want to do and you have to let them. If you have told a friend your concerns and they still want to be in the relationship then you have to hold your tongue until they ask your opinion again. And Hannah doesn’t give a shit about Amanda anyway. She’s just using her as a way to attack Kyle. Paige called it. Hannah is too big for her britches. She’s really feeling herself and her celebrity this time and acting like a bitch for the cameras. My guess is she’s going to have a blow up with everyone by the end of summer.

Oh Carl. There’s nothing to say. My heart breaks. I actually cried when he talked about all of his brothers successes fighting addiction instead of his failures. That was a lovely way of explaining the cycle of addiction. 
 

Lindsey is a lunatic but I’m with Danielle. That relationship was over and it was time to rip off the bandaids. She wanted a ring, not fish and chips. They were not on the same page. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/5/2021 at 8:56 PM, bosawks said:

Lindsey seems happiest when she’s unhappy.

She represents the 'misery loves company' and 'dragging everyone down with her'.

I have no problems with people having goals for what they want in a relationship, especially when you're a little older.  If you want to get married and have kids, don't waste your time on someone who just wants to date and have fun.  But her standards are ridiculous and she doesn't actually deserve the things that a good man has to offer.  She'll always come down to "My Mommy Abandoned Me." bullshit.

 

On 3/6/2021 at 3:53 AM, RedDelicious said:

I didn't even know there are adults who expect full on dating anniversary celebrations after high school. Nobody I know is like that. A nice dinner date to commemorate the event, yes. He put a lot of careful thought into it and it was really quite endearing.

Reminds me of Jack from Will & Grace, when he said "Last night we were celebrating our half-weekaversary..."

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ciara is right, Kyle...let the girls handle it. nothing to be gained by getting in the middle of it.  Kyle is a drama man.  vote Hannah off the island.

how many weeks and they can't fix the oven? if that's a viking remind me to never buy one (I've been wanting one for our remodel).

Carl, this is too deep for this show or these people.  You definitely belong at home with your family.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, christmaslights said:

how many weeks and they can't fix the oven? if that's a viking remind me to never buy one (I've been wanting one for our remodel).

don’t do it - the company changed ownership in the 2010s and the quality is not the same. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so glad that Ciara didn't fall for Luke's bullshit.  He's one of those men who never really learned how to pursue a woman properly because he's been coasting by his looks and got the girls he wanted without much effort.  Like, giving Ciara flowers and expecting her to be all "YES!!YES!!!YES!!!" and thinking that's how easy it is.  So I like her even more now!  Luke's very hollow.  There's really nothing there.  Not a bad person, but extremely boring and shallow.

 

Lindsay, Lindsay, Lindsay.  You crazy goddamn bitch.  You're the reason why men go their own way.  It's incredibly irritating to watch her constantly shit-test men.  Just wtf was wrong with that dinner??  If my husband arranged something like that for me whilst we were dating, I would have been so happy.  Never go for these women who constantly want big showy displays of affection and devotion.  They are NEVER worth it.  They don't care about the men they're dating, just see them as objects to fill whatever pathetic void they have.  Just as importantly, now that Lindsay has shown exactly who she is, if Stephen doesn't break up with her, then no pity for him either.

 

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2021 at 2:49 PM, jkitty said:

Im going to take the unpopular position and say I see where Lindsay is coming from.

I'm going to need Lindsey to fuck all the way off!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Never go for these women who constantly want big showy displays of affection and devotion.  They are NEVER worth it.  They don't care about the men they're dating, just see them as objects to fill whatever pathetic void they have.

Further to your point, I'm sure a lot of women would like to say their "love language" is comprised of grand gestures and over the top affection. It's just not realistic, and in Stephen and Lindsay's case, especially because no one can read her (unreasonable) mind and we already know she's not giving out gold stars for what she thinks he should be doing anyway. Which is what exactly?

In other news, these Nordstrom Rack banners across the bottom of the page with all the cute shoes are killing me!! 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

I'm so glad that Ciara didn't fall for Luke's bullshit.  He's one of those men who never really learned how to pursue a woman properly because he's been coasting by his looks and got the girls he wanted without much effort.  Like, giving Ciara flowers and expecting her to be all "YES!!YES!!!YES!!!" and thinking that's how easy it is.  So I like her even more now!  Luke's very hollow.  There's really nothing there.  Not a bad person, but extremely boring and shallow.

 

Lindsay, Lindsay, Lindsay.  You crazy goddamn bitch.  You're the reason why men go their own way.  It's incredibly irritating to watch her constantly shit-test men.  Just wtf was wrong with that dinner??  If my husband arranged something like that for me whilst we were dating, I would have been so happy.  Never go for these women who constantly want big showy displays of affection and devotion.  They are NEVER worth it.  They don't care about the men they're dating, just see them as objects to fill whatever pathetic void they have.  Just as importantly, now that Lindsay has shown exactly who she is, if Stephen doesn't break up with her, then no pity for him either.

 

 

Same here, heck I would be happy if he did it even now being together for so long. I know how busy my husband is, so if he took the time out of his busy schedule to make a nice little dinner, the action alone would have made me so happy. She really just has unrealistic expectations and honestly I think she would have found something wrong even if he did go all out. She just seems like the type who tries to find *something* wrong.

Edited by MissFeatherbottom
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

What got me about Lindsey was how she kept saying he needed to be doing things for her every day. Like, what?! Who has that kind of time AND money? If she expects to find a guy who will show her grand gestures of love every day, then she may as well throw out her timeline.  Also, does she not realize that if a guy does grand gestures every day, then it's no longer a grand gesture.  Plus, she is constantly complaining and talking about what Stephen doesn't do for her, but does she do anything for Stephen? Relationships are a 2-way street, Lindsey. It can't be all him doing the giving and you always taking.  I'm thinking the only way Stephen stayed with her for a year was because they were quarantined and he didn't have the opportunity to get away from her and she excused the lack of daily grand gestures because she knew they couldn't go anywhere or do anything.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Further to your point, I'm sure a lot of women would like to say their "love language" is comprised of grand gestures and over the top affection. It's just not realistic, and in Stephen and Lindsay's case, especially because no one can read her (unreasonable) mind and we already know she's not giving out gold stars for what she thinks he should be doing anyway. Which is what exactly?

 

I can see that she is incredibly immature and never got over that ghastly 'I want the fairy-tale love story' teenage girl bullshit phase.  Even in fairy tales, people go through enormous shit before they can 'live happily ever after'.  You need to face a lot of suffering before you get to the good part.  When my male friends were dating, I warned them about women who bring up the Cinderella fairy tale bullshit. 

 

2 hours ago, Book Junkie said:

What got me about Lindsey was how she kept saying he needed to be doing things for her every day. Like, what?! Who has that kind of time AND money? If she expects to find a guy who will show her grand gestures of love every day, then she may as well throw out her timeline.  Also, does she not realize that if a guy does grand gestures every day, then it's no longer a grand gesture.  Plus, she is constantly complaining and talking about what Stephen doesn't do for her, but does she do anything for Stephen?

Doesn't even make him bloody sandwiches!!

 

She didn't see the meaning behind the dinner.  Stephen was trying to recreate an important moment in their relationship and all she did was whine and complain that it wasn't enough.  After my husband and I got married, when everyone had gone home, we got burritos and ate them on the beach.  That's our favourite thing to do - get food and eat them on the beach.  No need to get dressed up, no need for fancy five-star food, pizzas, burritos, fish and chips, burgers are delicious!  Well, now that we're in our 40s, we need to watch what we eat, but metabolism allowing, we'll do that forever.

 

I'm all for showing off what you have and love seeing women get dressed up to show off their bodies, but that dress was atrocious.  Urgh.

 

My husband and I have been married for over 20 years and in that time, he's given me flowers maybe 3 times.  He told me that he doesn't want to see the flowers die after a couple of days and didn't see the point.  I mean, it would be nice to receive flowers every now and then, but I also know that, that is not any indication of the love he has for me.  He's the one who was there for me when I got sick.  He's the one who was working to support me when I was studying full-time.  He's the one I want to see everyday.  For the first time in our working lives, we had our annual leave at the same time and it was within that first few weeks of hard lockdown.  We actually liked being in each other's faces every single day.  When we went back to work, we were like "Booooo... gonna miss seeing your face all day, everyday!

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/4/2021 at 10:58 PM, geauxaway said:

Hannah and her yellow horse teeth and her pancakes titties need to be gone.  

Big nose, too! Just my opinion...she is so unattractive and she is just plain obnoxious on Insta. Her personality sucks. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, lizajane said:

Did you mean Lindsay? She will be single for the rest of her life unless she gets some more therapy to figure out why she chooses the guys she does and then trashes every relationship she's ever been in. 

This season is different because they dont have a cleaning service so i can't blame Kyle for checking Hannah on her dereliction of trash duty that she volunteered for. If she thinks she shouldn't have to help around the house because she doesnt cook, she still sits at the table and still eats. She is just bent out of shape and acting out because that asshole Luke is gaslighting her, which is horrible but I still can't stand her nasty gross personality. Not that it was right for Amanda to be throwing around glassware. 

Clara is beautiful, smart and mature for her age. Surely she could find a better guy than Luke. 

I feel terrible for Carl and his family, having been through this. 

This house is going to be a total swamp before this 6 weeks is over.

I agree. Hannah blows everything out of proportion and her fame has definitely gone to her head. And like others have noted, she always looks dirty. Fun fact: She is currently engaged after a relatively short courtship period to an Irish comedian who looks like a silver and older version of Kyle. The likeness is kind of crazy!

https://people.com/tv/summer-house-hannah-berner-engaged-to-boyfriend-des-bishop/

I don't think Ciera is planning anything deep with Luke or ever was. She's taking time off after a tough COVID work experience and probably thought they could have a fun summer fling.

Lindsay deserves to be sad and alone because she is horrible. Steven has a job that requires a lot of work and he thoughtfully planned to recreate their first date. No boats during a pandemic, dear. Also, as I recall, the present was quite sweet. Girlfriend needs some serious help.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, politichick said:

Fun fact: She is currently engaged after a relatively short courtship period to an Irish comedian

 I wonder if he's as unfunny as she is. 

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/5/2021 at 10:53 AM, RedDelicious said:

A nice dinner date to commemorate the event, yes. He put a lot of careful thought into it and it was really quite endearing.

Yes, I agree on a nice dinner date, but if I heard correctly, Stephen sprung for fish and chips.  Now, if that is her absolute favorite dish from a local eatery, wonderful.  But I would not call that anymore than takeout and certainly not worthy of a birthday dinner.

Now, the present he got - the picture - absolutely.  Thing is, and I have seen this in other relationships, were the dinner and the picture something SHE would like or was it something HE liked?  It seemed that he had his own issues with being a bit more self-involved.  And, no, I am not saying that she is less selfish.

Edited by b2H
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, b2H said:

Yes, I agree on a nice dinner date, but if I heard correctly, Stephen sprung for fish and chips.  Now, if that is her absolute favorite dish from a local eatery, wonderful.  But I would not call that anymore than takeout and certainly not worthy of a birthday dinner.

The significance of the fish & chips was that it was the meal they had on their first date and it was delivered from the restaurant they went to. I thought it was really sweet that he tried to recreate their first date. Apparently it meant something to him if not to Lindsay. It was his anniversary too ❤️ Besides that, the cast was on a 6-week lockdown and they couldn't go anywhere. No matter what they had for dinner it was going to arrive in boxes. Rhetorical question - what was Lindsay's gift to Stephen? I really hope it wasn't that fugly sorry excuse for a dress! 😱

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I honestly have no idea what Lindsay was so upset about. Was it because he didn’t propose? And he made a nice dinner and ...that wasn’t a big enough gesture?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/10/2021 at 11:30 AM, RedDelicious said:

It was his anniversary too ❤️

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS !!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And everything else you said.  Yeah, what did Lindsay get for Stephen?  A bitch attack.

 

I wish that for once, I could be there when she starts bringing up the absent mother, so that I can scream at her that, not only did she have a great father, but had someone as wonderful as Aunt Ruth.  Ideally we'd all have two great parents, but if you just have one nice parent, you will get taken care of.  I'm absolutely not saying that you're not going to miss the other parent.  But Lindsay, you had your dad AND your aunt.  Ffs, just stfu already. 

 

The bottom line is, she is not ready for a real, mature relationship and she sure as hell should not be having kids right now.  She won't be able to handle it.  Having a list of things you want is not the same as actually being ready for something.  Especially something as huge and significant as being a parent and a wife.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/9/2021 at 6:30 PM, RedDelicious said:

The significance of the fish & chips was that it was the meal they had on their first date and it was delivered from the restaurant they went to. I thought it was really sweet that he tried to recreate their first date. Apparently it meant something to him if not to Lindsay. It was his anniversary too ❤️ Besides that, the cast was on a 6-week lockdown and they couldn't go anywhere. No matter what they had for dinner it was going to arrive in boxes. Rhetorical question - what was Lindsay's gift to Stephen? I really hope it wasn't that fugly sorry excuse for a dress! 😱

Thanks for that clarification on the choice of menu.  Must have missed that.

And yes, that dress was horrendous.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Lassus said:

? Where the heck is the forum?

I just started one. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/6/2021 at 10:29 AM, RedDelicious said:

I think when it came down to it, she wasn’t going to go into the next season without a boyfriend with her in the house. Also Lindsay is one of those women who has to use the word “boyfriend” all the time, kind of like Carrie Bradshaw, who was also insufferable.

YES!!! THANK YOU!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Who asks someone who just found out that their brother overdosed “are you okay”?  I guess their young and don’t know what to say.  When Kyle and Carl were hugging in the bedroom it exemplified the difference in their size but it was sweet.

Lindsey is just a terrible person and anyone would be crazy to marry her.  She can’t train a guy how to be.  She has to love someone for who they are. The dress had to be lingerie.                                            

I cannot stand Hannah.  I can’t imagine having to share a room with her.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size