Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brecht: Thoroughly Weill?

Okay, okay, just because I hate Beakface doesn't mean everybody does, I know that.  The title is just my way of venting while making a pun that amused me.  If someone has a better one, feel free.

Anyways, this is our Christine topic.  I wonder if she's popular on the Disney boards? Apparently she's been to Disneyland "more than 50 times"…wow.  That's a lot of lines to stand in, I'm just saying.

So have at it.  (Three-)Penny for your thoughts?  Now that she's sent Mother Brittany back to Her Children, how long before she (Mack the) Knifes Nicole in the back?  And other strained theater references.  (Oh, don't ask why…oh, don't ask why…)

• Love 3
(edited)

Much as I hate to defend her, because after all, she has been wearing clothing from my loathed rival school, I must defend at least the Disneyland trips.

I'm in my late 30s and I'd say I have been there 30+ times.  And that was with parents who were normal Disney fans.  There are a lot of families in Arizona who buy annual passes for Disneyland and drive over multiple times a year - for Halloween, Christmas, summer, etc.  Schools will take their choir/drama/band groups on tour, seniors do a grad night bus trip, etc.  It's only about a 6 hour drive so it's very doable.

Over 50 times does seem like a lot for her age, but I know of at least 2 other families whose children could probably say the same when they are her age. 

(Oh, and having played Lucy Brown in Weill's Threepenny Opera, I thoroughly enjoyed your references!)

Edited by SunDevil28

People who like Disneyland and Disney World that's not excessive at all. I have friends who've been much more than even that.

BTW I think Chris is ugly and insecure and mean. I call her "Bitchine"

• Love 1

I can't stand her, either. She reminds me of the bitchy middle/high school girls who were not pretty enough to be in the "in crowd" so they compensated by gathering up the other outsiders and treated them like shit to make herself feel like the Queen Bee.

• Love 2

It's bizarre that so many of the negative comments about Christine seem to be based on her looks because she really isn't that hideous, is she? She seems pretty average to me. I don't watch the feeds, just BBAD sometimes and the show and I really have not seen her do anything worthy of such hatred, am I missing it all? Just wondering if she really is that horrible of a person or if some of her minor missteps have been magnified out of proportion by her imperfect shnozz.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's bizarre that so many of the negative comments about Christine seem to be based on her looks because she really isn't that hideous, is she?

Can't speak for anyone else, but to me her unattractiveness has very little to do with her physical appearance. Her passing similarity to an 80s-vintage Geddy Lee is simply a snark bonus.

ETA: Similarity, not appearance. Hadn't had my coffee yet.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 5

it seemed to me Christine and Nicole have both been accused of the same negative behaviors but Christine was judged more harshly and received added cruel comments about her unfortunate facial features. I enjoy snarking on things that the HG's have control over; poor tattoo choices, trashy behavior, willful stupidity, not about the nose they were born with.

• Love 2

it seemed to me Christine and Nicole have both been accused of the same negative behaviors but Christine was judged more harshly and received added cruel comments about her unfortunate facial features.

Personally, I think it has more to do with the nature of their negativity. Christine is much more of an active attack initiator; Nichole is significantly more of a passive/whiny type.

I enjoy snarking on things that the HG's have control over; poor tattoo choices, trashy behavior, willful stupidity, not about the nose they were born with.

I prefer Snark Without Borders - but hey, that's just me. :)

• Love 3

Nicole has gotten some heat too. I keep seeing chunky thighs used for her name.

Unfortunately if you are a female it's just easier to attack their looks than get creative. Then we get mad at the men for treating the women like crap. Circle of life.

• Love 1

Nicole has gotten some heat too. I keep seeing chunky thighs used for her name.

Unfortunately if you are a female it's just easier to attack their looks than get creative. Then we get mad at the men for treating the women like crap. Circle of life.

I'd be just as happy to snark on the guys' looks, but they haven't given us much to work with this year.  The Cody/Travolta jokes have already worn thin, Donny's beard only evokes images of a certain television series the existence of which I choose not to acknowledge, and I'm at a loss of where the heck to go with Caleb's mascara.  Sometimes imagination can be a fickle mistress.  :(

• Love 3

I think she could be cute in her own way if she had a good personality: if she was funny, smart, charming, anything. And judging by her husband's twitter, it's like they enjoying taking purposefully unflattering pics, so it's hard for me to look at her now without thinking about how gross she is.

Not just you - I'm on board too!

I admit to noting Christine's unfortunate physical features. And to get them out of the way: beaky nose, huge ears, annoying laugh, and imo, unattractive tattoos. (I like tattoos, have a few myself, but hers look rather blobby, and don't appear to enhance/work with her figure.) Is it "right", or "fair", to comment on these qualities, some of which she was born with? I suppose not. I certainly don't feel very girl-power-y when vocalizing them! However, I wouldn't ever want to vocalize the criticisms if she were a decent person. Frankly, I think she seems like a bitch who has no problem snarking on others. Plus, she has chosen some of these physical modifications, and to my eyes, could do a hell of a lot better in minimizing some of the others. (Ex. the style of her glasses and hair are AWFUL in that they emphasize what I'd consider to be her less-than-best features.) Is someone - quite often, a woman - obligated to change these things to be more attractive to others in general? Hell no! But if you don't, I think you should expect to be judged. Sad, but true. This is the world in which we live. If I went prancing around town in a belly shirt and daisy dukes, I would fully expect people to mentally comment on my tummy pooch and thigh cellulite. Therefore, I don't. Not a lack of confidence, just not a need to be noticed for the wrong reasons. If I went on a nationally-televised HD tv show, I know the petty, appearance-based comments I'd receive, and be prepared for them!

I would - and have - snark just as much about the men's appearances if they (1) first failed the test of being a mostly decent person (ex. Donny still seems like a pretty good guy), and (2) had features to mock. (Yep, I'm evil!) Unfortunately, in this world women have it WAY harder than men in terms of judgment on appearances. For example, I think Derrick is quite unattractive - love the reference someone here made to looking like Chief Wiggum with his piggy nose - and a hypocritical turd. However, I don't think most of the other guys are especially unattractive. (Physically, at least!)

• Love 4

Personally, I think it has more to do with the nature of their negativity. Christine is much more of an active attack initiator; Nichole is significantly more of a passive/whiny type.

Not just you - I'm on board too!

I admit to noting Christine's unfortunate physical features. And to get them out of the way: beaky nose, huge ears, annoying laugh, and imo, unattractive tattoos. (I like tattoos, have a few myself, but hers look rather blobby, and don't appear to enhance/work with her figure.) Is it "right", or "fair", to comment on these qualities, some of which she was born with? I suppose not. I certainly don't feel very girl-power-y when vocalizing them! However, I wouldn't ever want to vocalize the criticisms if she were a decent person. Frankly, I think she seems like a bitch who has no problem snarking on others. Plus, she has chosen some of these physical modifications, and to my eyes, could do a hell of a lot better in minimizing some of the others. (Ex. the style of her glasses and hair are AWFUL in that they emphasize what I'd consider to be her less-than-best features.) Is someone - quite often, a woman - obligated to change these things to be more attractive to others in general? Hell no! But if you don't, I think you should expect to be judged. Sad, but true. This is the world in which we live. If I went prancing around town in a belly shirt and daisy dukes, I would fully expect people to mentally comment on my tummy pooch and thigh cellulite. Therefore, I don't. Not a lack of confidence, just not a need to be noticed for the wrong reasons. If I went on a nationally-televised HD tv show, I know the petty, appearance-based comments I'd receive, and be prepared for them!

I would - and have - snark just as much about the men's appearances if they (1) first failed the test of being a mostly decent person (ex. Donny still seems like a pretty good guy), and (2) had features to mock. (Yep, I'm evil!) Unfortunately, in this world women have it WAY harder than men in terms of judgment on appearances. For example, I think Derrick is quite unattractive - love the reference someone here made to looking like Chief Wiggum with his piggy nose - and a hypocritical turd. However, I don't think most of the other guys are especially unattractive. (Physically, at least!)

Yep.....I cosign on both of these posts.  I'm not above snarking on someones looks.  You put yourself in the public eye.....well......

And Christie has done plenty to make herself a target, including telling people that cops let her out of speeding tickets because she is so frickin' hot.  Come on now, you're just begging for someone to talk shit if you say things like that.  Even if Amber said things like that I would say she was begging for someone to talk shit.  If you're gonna tell me you're so hot that cops just rip up tickets at the mere sight of your hotness, you're just begging for comment on said hotness...or delusion of hotness.

As for the guys, I think Frankie looks like a rooster, I'm not sure if thats what he is going for.  As for Cody, he is abnormally good looking.  And I've talked plenty shit about Derrick and his funky ass eyebrows and strange facial hair.  Someone hates his forearms.  If Derrick had started talking about how all the ladies drop their drawers for him because he is hot shit, I think people would have been talking plenty more shit about his looks.  Because I think he is probably one of the most unattractive men I've seen...just in life.  

• Love 5

As for the guys, I think Frankie looks like a rooster, I'm not sure if thats what he is going for.  

"Cock-a-doodle-doo!" Just took on an entirely new meaning for me. Pardon me while I go try to figure out how to take a Brillo pad to my brain.

Because I think he is probably one of the most unattractive men I've seen...just in life.

I don't think Derrick is attractive or unattractive, feature-wise. He's just - there. A non-entity. One of those faces you walk past on the street and forget three seconds after he's out of your line of sight. Which, I guess, would be one of the perfect face types to have if you're an undercover cop. :)

• Love 3

"Cock-a-doodle-doo!" Just took on an entirely new meaning for me. Pardon me while I go try to figure out how to take a Brillo pad to my brain.

I don't think Derrick is attractive or unattractive, feature-wise. He's just - there. A non-entity. One of those faces you walk past on the street and forget three seconds after he's out of your line of sight. Which, I guess, would be one of the perfect face types to have if you're an undercover cop. :)

Cock a doodle doo indeed!

I find Derrick remarkably unattractive.  Something about his face, and his lack of eyebrows, and that lame ass chin strap.  I don't even have time to consider his puny forearms.

• Love 1

Derrick looks like so many New England guys I see on the street which is why I don't mind him being cast. I don't like him, but I would rather have him in the house than some mactor. It's refreshing to see a normal people in the house.

• Love 1

I don't care for Christine because she makes up crap about everyone. She's the one who started the rumors about Devin being violent and said Donny is a pervert. I have zero respect for people like that. I know it's a game and you have to lie to get ahead, but there is no reason to spread lies that have nothing to do with the game. Rumors like the ones she comes up with have the ability to affect people after this game and I wish someone would call her on it. 

• Love 6

Can't speak for anyone else, but to me her unattractiveness has very little to do with her physical appearance. Her passing similarity to an 80s-vintage Geddy Lee is simply a snark bonus.

ETA: Similarity, not appearance. Hadn't had my coffee yet.

Crap I never made that connection but now that you have said it, yes she very much does look like Geddy Lee.  Thank you for the laugh.

• Love 1

I don't care for Christine because she makes up crap about everyone. She's the one who started the rumors about Devin being violent and said Donny is a pervert. I have zero respect for people like that. I know it's a game and you have to lie to get ahead, but there is no reason to spread lies that have nothing to do with the game. Rumors like the ones she comes up with have the ability to affect people after this game and I wish someone would call her on it.

That right there (the Donny bit) is a biggie for me. What has Donny ever done in the House which could be labeled 'perverse'? Opened a door for her?

• Love 1

That right there (the Donny bit) is a biggie for me. What has Donny ever done in the House which could be labeled 'perverse'? Opened a door for her?

I suspect...and its only a suspicion, that someone like Christine is so unused to male attention, that she perceives any male attention, or any guy being nice to her as a sign that he wants her.

Sadly, because I grew up very sheltered, and because I only got semi attractive a little later in life, I spent most of my years not getting any male attention, and when I did, I was never quite sure what it meant.  I suspect that Christine hasn't gotten much male attention in life, because, well, she just isn't the prettiest girl in the world. And so she may not even know how to process any male attention.

• Love 1

Yep.....I cosign on both of these posts.  I'm not above snarking on someones looks.  You put yourself in the public eye.....well...... 

Okay, fair enough, I guess I do agree with many of the rebuttals regarding the snarking on the HG's looks. My only lingering concern is when it seems that unattractiveness is a compounding factor for hate or derision.

• Love 1

I suspect...and its only a suspicion, that someone like Christine is so unused to male attention, that she perceives any male attention, or any guy being nice to her as a sign that he wants her.

Sadly, because I grew up very sheltered, and because I only got semi attractive a little later in life, I spent most of my years not getting any male attention, and when I did, I was never quite sure what it meant.  I suspect that Christine hasn't gotten much male attention in life, because, well, she just isn't the prettiest girl in the world. And so she may not even know how to process any male attention.

I get where you're coming from. I'm about ten years older than Donny, but I think both our parents are from country families and about the same age, so I expect our upbringings were moderately similar - i.e., we were taught to act like gentlemen and treat women like ladies. I never realized that could be an issue until I was out of college and in the work force, and discovered some women apparently view attempts at gentlemanly manners to be condescending in some fashion.

One time when entering a downtown office building, I noticed a woman coming up close behind me to enter the same door. Out of habit I stepped aside and held the door open for her. For my trouble, I received about two minutes of tongue-lashing explaining in exquisite detail how she was a strong, independent woman who was perfectly capable of mastering the delicate intricacies of opening a door so she didn't need a man to do so FOR her, thank you very much!

I waited until she took a break to come up for air, and then said,"I am so sorry, ma'am. Please accept my apologies if I have offended you in any way. My parents taught me to always open the door for a lady, so I am certain you can understand my confusion."

Throw in the Tennessee accent, and it sounds better than it reads. :)

• Love 5

What I can't stop looking at is Derrick's nose. He looks like a pig.

I am always taken aback at Hayden's angular jack o' lantern grin, it's just so forced and unsettling to me. Whew, it felt good to get that out.

On the topic of Christine, I hate that she has been a significant roadblock in any attempt at a "girls" or "outsiders" alliance. She does seem pretty excited about getting attention from Ultra-Handsome(w/Dumb Tattoos) Cody by trotting back all rumors of uprising, and that gives them a significant advantage. Did Devin anticipate that role in Cristine when he chose to bring her into the Bomb Squad in the middle of the night? He never gave a clear reason for adding the girls so I refuse to believe it was clever game play on his part, he just seemed too reckless for that.

If Devin had not added Christine (and Amber, to a lesser degree) to the Bomb Squad would they have gotten as far?

• Love 3
(edited)

My only lingering concern is when it seems that unattractiveness is a compounding factor for hate or derision.

Christine only hates on people on the basis of looks. I find it laughable how she's constantly tearing down Amber and Brittany's looks when they are so clearly more attractive than she. She's just a really hateful bitch and I'm guessing it stems from insecurity.

I suspect that Christine hasn't gotten much male attention in life, because, well, she just isn't the prettiest girl in the world. And so she may not even know how to process any male attention.

To hear her tell it, she's so hot that she's able to speed around town and talk her way out of parking tickets because she's just that hot. I think all her shit talking comes from malice, plain and simple.

Edited by UniqBlue69
  • Love 6

What I can't stop looking at is Derrick's nose. He looks like a pig.

Oh I agree! I thought that since day one. Too funny he looks like a pig and acts a pig and Christine looks like a witch and acts like a witch!

• Love 1

I get where you're coming from. I'm about ten years older than Donny, but I think both our parents are from country families and about the same age, so I expect our upbringings were moderately similar - i.e., we were taught to act like gentlemen and treat women like ladies. I never realized that could be an issue until I was out of college and in the work force, and discovered some women apparently view attempts at gentlemanly manners to be condescending in some fashion.

One time when entering a downtown office building, I noticed a woman coming up close behind me to enter the same door. Out of habit I stepped aside and held the door open for her. For my trouble, I received about two minutes of tongue-lashing explaining in exquisite detail how she was a strong, independent woman who was perfectly capable of mastering the delicate intricacies of opening a door so she didn't need a man to do so FOR her, thank you very much!

I waited until she took a break to come up for air, and then said,"I am so sorry, ma'am. Please accept my apologies if I have offended you in any way. My parents taught me to always open the door for a lady, so I am certain you can understand my confusion."

Throw in the Tennessee accent, and it sounds better than it reads. :)

ha ha, this reminds me of an episode of the golden girls, Blanche is dating this guy, and apparently he had been out of the dating scene for a while.  

and he is like "I just don't understand women in this day and age, they all wanted to be treated equal these days"

Blanche looks him dead in the eye and says "oh no, I don't want to be treated the same as you, I want to be treated much much better!"

• Love 1

Oh I agree! I thought that since day one. Too funny he looks like a pig and acts a pig and Christine looks like a witch and acts like a witch!

Yes! Whenever I see Christine's profile, I think she looks just like a witch. And not to be cruel, but that is what I see. It is to bad that she was hating on the pretty girls this year, they were actually pretty nice compared to other seasons. 

• Love 1

Really? Can Evil Dick, who looks like a prune with raisin eyes, say anything about other's look?

After seeing Christine's profile, while she was laughing, I think she looks like a parrot.

Edited by jellywager
  • Love 6

Evel Dick is having a "Who is Uglier" poll on his Twitter: Andy Vs. Christine.  Andy is winning by a two-to-one margin.

Really? Can Evil Dick, who looks like a prune with raisin eyes, say anything about other's look?

After seeing Christine's profile, while she was laughing, I think she looks like a parrot.

Well, some people like parrots. Maybe it's a case of transference.

Also: Andy always reminded me of a Christmas "shelf elf", and those things just creep me the f**k out. The Garanimals wardrobe didn't help, either. Who on earth makes those in adult sizes, and WHY!?!?

• Love 1

Her tattoos look really cheap with faded and blurry ink and are haphazardly placed.

And no I'm not a person who hates tattoos I just had regarded professionals do them and not just random designs sloppily etched on I'm a bathroom stall at a truck stop.

Petunia13 We'll to be fair you probably paid money to have them done while she trades stolen coffee from where she works to get hers done. As the saying goes you get what you pay for.

Not only that, but you are getting your tattoo done by a guy who just downed three triple venti cappuccinos. How would his hands not be shaky?

Wow, that's just awesome.  I counted and Joey rips into Christine eight separate times.  She'll be on some other part of the discussion and she'll circle right back—something like "Derrick is awesome, I hope he and Cody make the final three.  But not with Christine because she's an asshole." And so on, over and over.

(The only other person who didn't get unqualified love from Joey was Caleb, but overall, she seemed okayish with him.  And she forgot about Zach.  But Christine gets ripped and ripped and ripped.  Hee!)