Type keyword(s) to search

[QUESTION, ANSWERED] - "Let others see I follow this"

SoMuchTV

Every time I follow something, I see this option, and I always un-select it (because, I don't know, just seems a little unnecessary).  But I've been wondering, what happens when you do select that option?  I tried to look through the Forum FAQs but I wasn't able to find any details.  Would the follows show up on your profile page?  I checked a few random profiles and can't see anything about what anyone follows.  Or does everyone else un-select that option as well?

Mystery solved (maybe?)  Since/during the recent updates, someone suggested switching to the "IPS Default" theme.  I tried it out, and lo and behold, there's an option at the top of forums (I think that's the right level - not on individual threads) that lets you see who's following:

image.thumb.png.6b495500cf4aa2addb82e6c403b4b49e.png

In this case, I must be one of the "and 6 others" since I think I opted out of letting others see what I follow.  So unless that feature was added in the recent updates (and just to the IPS Default theme, as far as I can tell), maybe that's the answer to my original question.