Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Yew Do You

• Start Topic

Nothing is less interesting to me then when "normal/middle class" characters inherit loads of money or companies. I had to roll my eyes when Macy became owner of Safe Space so they could find a way to keep them there and keep using their Command Center without anyone noticing.

Why would that Innocent just stand there as he sees his girlfriend driving straight towards him? He had plenty of time to jump out of the way. He didnt act like he thought she was playing...but hey! Innocents...to a degree, thats nice to see them have to save ordinary people again.

The sisters are allowed to work together...on a magical mystery...without Harry! Have the writers finally come to their senses? I'm shocked.

Wow a sister gets taken over by evil! Love it! Feels so refreshing and so Charmed! Though Macy broke out of it a bit to much. I'm confused about Macys forcefield power...I thought it was just to keep people in place, maybe deflect something. They could save a lot of money by just using her telekinesis which does the same thing and doesnt require a flashy special effect.

The vanquish was....interesting I guess. They seemed to kind of rush through it but ill take what I can get when it comes to the sisters getting rid of demons on their own, with each other, without anyone else telling them how to do it or help them.

Now just make it a little less PSA and we are in business! Fairly refreshing episode.

• Love 1

That felt very OG Charmed, especially the early seasons. Saving hapless normies, sister bonding, the main male characters in a subplot, issues with a boss, a bad guy who is really into wearing black, good stuff. The case of the week was fun and I am really glad they are having the sisters working together more often. They even explored more aspects of Macy and Harry being together without them being glued to each other the whole time. Maggie having to dance with the girl to wake her up felt silly, but I am glad to see them working to save people again, that got a bit lost in all of the drama and myth arc stuff. 

The Dean being all "oh yeah we can add a new book to your curriculum its by this brilliant author who happens to be me and its cost a billion bucks which is great because I am remolding my house" was hilarious, probably the most true to life academia has been played on this show. 

So they wiped the mind of the women they saved and her boyfriend, but wont the cops still be looking for her? People still think she hit her  boyfriend with a car right? What about the other people the demon targeted, are they in jail for trying to kill their partners? I also really want to get some explanation for how the sisters are able to go back to their old lives after they supposedly died, what are they telling people? Aren't any of their old friends interested in reaching out to say hi? 

• Love 1

So has Maggie always been into dance or did they just throw it in there because they needed the plot point?

And I have worked in BigLaw for almost forty years; yes, the tie is mandatory. For a clerk, the jacket could be optional, though.

• Useful 1

The show's been feeling more coherent lately, and I like that the sisters are working together and just interacting more in general. I tend to like a "monster of the week" format, too, so I'm cool with a different old-school monster every episode. They're all part of the overarching "allergy" plot, so it doesn't feel too procedural.

I liked Maggie's dancing! I also like her hair, aside from the bangs.

I agree with all of the social justice points this show makes, yet I still feel a little preached to. Both this show and Supergirl tend to be heavy-handed with this stuff. 

• Love 1

This aired in February and there are so few responses.

I agree with everyone that it's nice to see the sisters working together against a weekly threat.  It's more fun to watch than the tedious complicated mess they did last season.

Macy's lesson was a little too obvious yet again this week.  As Maggie said, Julian hired people to run Safe Space, so she should look into that, instead of complaining.  

Like with last episode, I appreciate that Macy and Maggie have more normal responsibilities (jobs/studies).  The Dean's outdated textbook was a bit much, though.  There's no way she would be pushing a book saying being trans was a phase people just go through.  And when Mel told her it was outdated, she was totally fine with it?  

I like Jordan so I am glad he's still on the show.  His adventure with Harry was nice at times, but also a little clunky with the dialogue.  Why can Jordan touch Harry, but Maggie can't?

On 3/1/2021 at 11:20 AM, tennisgurl said:

So they wiped the mind of the women they saved and her boyfriend, but wont the cops still be looking for her? People still think she hit her  boyfriend with a car right? What about the other people the demon targeted, are they in jail for trying to kill their partners? 

This was what I was thinking as well.  Wouldn't Harry need to wipe the minds of everyone in the world who knew her and saw the viral video?

Good point about all the people now accused of crimes that the monster made them do.