Type keyword(s) to search

S09E06: Hearts on Fire

druzy
  • Start Topic

Amber deals with online trolls who criticize her weight.  Catelynn receives her microblading certification and looks into opening her own studio. To raise awareness during PCOS month, Maci accepts a challenge from Taylor.  Mackenzie and her kids move to Florida. Cheyenne celebrates her birthday.

Airs March 2, 2021

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Of course Cate would open a studio. It would make too much sense to work at an established salon and gain experience about running a business.

And of course there would be an endless stream of customers to a salon that does microblading only. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

And of course there would be an endless stream of customers to a salon that does microblading only. 

In the Midwest.  During a pandemic. 🙄

Cate has to stay pregnant. She's not smart enough for anything else. 

• Love 17

Just finished watching this week's episode  They are really running out of material with these people.

Maci runs a 5k by herself and Tyler easily writes a check for $1500.  Ryan and Mac are perplexed about "raising awareness" for something.  How about you raise some awareness about your addiction, Ryan?  He IS full hobo at this point!  And next week we get to look forward to the embarrassment of Bentley once again.  Forget Britney!  #FreeBentley!

Cheyenne is pregnant about 10 minutes after she got back together with this guy.  I usually fast forward her scenes, so I might be missing something.  But I certainly didn't miss that they were having yet another party!  Any idea when this was shot?  I can't figure out how pregnant she was when she told everyone.  Ryder remains a cutie pie!

I usually skip Mackenzie, but I did see that phone call with her (e)strange(d) husband.   At least her kids are enrolled in school.  Anyone know anything about where she lives?  The phone message to her late mom's voice mail was kind of creepy to me.  Sorry, I know she is grieving, but I find that really weird.  I also hate her accent:  "I told him how I fill."  It's like Amber going to gel!

Catelynn just now realizes that maybe it's not a great idea to open a eyebrow shop.  Sigh. I'm sure she still won't get a job, though.  There no way she is going to see clients at the salon where she "trained."  She's talking her time y'all, and she going to learn all the other stuff like blushing?  What was she talking about about?  Is this something where you tattoo cheeks?  Will anyone trust her with their face?  I just wouldn't want her breathing on me with her Marlboro menthol breath!

And Amber....there is no storyline with her anymore.  She feels bullied online.  Is that a new development?  As I recall, she usually dishes it out pretty well.  Now she can't take it.  At the end, we were treated to a shot of her dancing along in her living room.  What was that? 

Lastly, I really hate when the final montage of the show includes people who weren't on that episode.  I guess it's to remind us that Gary, Kristina, Leah, Jen, Larry, and their other grandchildren exist.  But I don't think it serves the storyline.  I find it weird.

Anyway, I'm still watching, but they really seem to be running on fumes!

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I am beyond excited that Real World NYC is having some kind of reunion  !  Best part of watching TMOG was seeing this commercial. 

I agree, Cheyenne's family and friends are all super cool. Parties all the time ! I go to Newport Beach for work occasionally and it rocks !

Are these strange plastic face shield things only in Michigan  ? I am glad we dont have them where I live. They look very uncomfortable. 

$10k says we never hear about microblading again.

Maci, time to give up the cigs and beer. She's in bad shape for such a young person. "Tmoney" or whatever the h he calls himself is the stupidest nickname ever.

Im glad I know Bentley's sex talk will be next week so I can skip.

Amber's weight has gone up and down, like it does for a lot of people. If she didn't have the surly attitude, severe lazy streak and a propensity for physical violence, Id say shes the prettiest of the original girls.

MacKenzie probably does take Josh back. I can't believe he let her drive alone with 3 children thru multiple states. Not safe, imo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

The plastic face shields were ridiculous. As were Catelynn’s instructor’s double masks below her nose as she said something to Catelynn about conversating. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Chris Knight said:

If she didn't have the surly attitude, severe lazy streak and a propensity for physical violence, Id say shes the prettiest of the original girls.

1 hour ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Ryan has gone full hobo! Boy did he look rough!

I want to be in Cheyenne's family. Everyone is just so pretty, put together and always having a party. 

1 hour ago, Marisagf said:

And next week we get to look forward to the embarrassment of Bentley once again.  Forget Britney!  #FreeBentley!

You guys are cracking me up! Haven't watched the show this season but I prefer experiencing it through your hilarious comments!

• Love 3

Uhhhh mmm doesn't anybody but us realize Ryan is wasted????  They just all sit around chatting while the guy is killing himself!

He looked like somebody homeless they let in their home!I

Don't people have some kind of moral compass to do some...anything.love

I can't believe Maci is going to give poor Bentley the sex talk and show it on tv!  Shame on her.  I sometimes wonder if this was the deal.  He gets to go to the expensive private school but he has to willingly participate to pay for it!

Amber looked especially unmade up tonight.  Hair, make-up, dress.  Did her person quit?

Mackenzie will be back with cowboy by months end.  He'll follow the money and have great make-up sex!  Uggg.

• Love 6

omg, let us PLEASE talk about the eye brows that K did to who was at least once , her friend. they were thicker than anyone could ever want to live with(for more than an hour) and these are permanent , right?

• Love 7
(edited)

I had to really look for it but Maci's Big Pile O'Crap is still there.   In fact in the background of one scene little Maverick can be seen scaling the pile to successfully retrieve something. I doubt it's the first time or even the only Big Pile O'Crap in the house since he seemed pretty good at it lol.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I had to really look for it but Maci's Big Pile O'Crap is still there.   In fact in the background of one scene little Maverick can be seen scaling the pile to successfully retrieve something. I doubt it's the first time or even the only Big Pile O'Crap in the house, lol.  

I was worried for his safety when he ran to the pile.  Does she know her house is being filmed for a tv show?  I wouldn't be able to keep my house sparkling clean all the time, but I would definitely hide my piles of crap.

I was also worried about Ryder and the other kids on the boat.  Where were the life jackets??  I thought all kids need to wear life jackets on any kind of boat, if they are not inside.  I don't think people realize how fast a kid can go overboard.

7 hours ago, geej said:

omg, let us PLEASE talk about the eye brows that K did to who was at least once , her friend. they were thicker than anyone could ever want to live with(for more than an hour) and these are permanent , right?

Holy crap her poor friend ended up with the brows of Groucho Marx!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
53 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Holy crap her poor friend ended up with the brows of Groucho Marx!

If that was the end result, they looked absolutely horrific! I almost made the Groucho comparison earlier, didn't know if anyone would get it. lol!

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Are these episodes in any chronological order?? Last week we had Cate obsessively needing to find out if she was pregnant and buying multiple pregnancy test kits. This week, she’s back to her “career” with nary a mention. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Ok - I can’t remember where it is that Caitlin lives but are there enough people with an extra $700 to spend on someone who took a two week course, literally take a scalpel AND a tattoo needle to permanently put something on their faces?  Why wouldn’t I just go to her instructor whose probably only been doing it a little longer than Caitlin?  Tyler and Cate know more ways to waste that MTV money -I seriously doubt she’ll need a whole studio for this new “ business”.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

If that was the end result, they looked absolutely horrific! I almost made the Groucho comparison earlier, didn't know if anyone would get it. lol!

I wasn't sure if anyone would get it either!

For anyone who hasn’t seen Groucho:

0F7052A6-523F-4E07-BEF4-EF6EFAE77959.jpeg

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 2/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, Brooklynista said:

Of course Cate would open a studio. It would make too much sense to work at an established salon and gain experience about running a business.

Plus, there are so many businesses locked into pre-COVID leases that are probably practically giving away any space they can sublet. It seems like a no-brainer to do that rather than taking on a lease in such uncertain times (when Cate's personal future is also uncertain). It was all probably staged for the show, though. It's gotten to the point where they all have storylines that are practically (or literally, probably) scripted. Showing themselves looking at residential or commercial real estate is a popular theme. More than half the time they never end up buying/renting anything.

Amber's real life: She's on probation for partner and child abuse (again) and will go to prison if she gets in legal trouble within the next year or so. She has no job besides being on MTV and she's not really even maximizing that with endorsements, podcasts, etc. because she (seemingly) sits around in bed or on her couch all day self-medicating. She doesn't have custody of either of her kids or (seemingly) any plans to change that. Her ex-bf/baby daddy and his wife play a significant role in taking basic care of Amber and she's very dependent on them, even for her participation on the show. I think all of her scenes this season have been with G, K, and/or Leah or the producers.

Amber's storyline: She's doing great, despite having her heart broken by yet another terrible bf who used her and made her abuse him, which led to her (totally unfairly!) getting into legal trouble. She has a great relationship with Leah and with G & K. Her biggest problem is that people are mean to her on SM and some random woman called her fat, but she's bravely using that to be a role model for others who are bullied online.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Mackenzie really shouldn’t be on her phone while speeding down a freeway, crying with grief. Isn’t there a better time to do that? Her daughter is a very old thumb sucker. Truly no judgement there because I’m fairly certain my son will be a 7 year thumb sucker too, despite my best efforts to curtail him. The lovestruck look on her face when Josh called was disgusting. I truly wish she’d forget that idiot and I’m confused why she wanted him to come and now doesn’t? Her Florida house looked pretty cute and it was nice seeing the kids so excited. 

I can’t believe Maci’s segments are about running 5k. Listen, I’m a flabby mom whose pants haven’t fit for like a year and I’m confident about running a 5k, although there’s no way in high hell I could do it in 33 minutes. Ryan looks like a drugged out homeless man. If he were sitting outside, I’d give him my change. 

Good for Catelynn for accomplishing something besides procreating. Hopefully she sticks with this for longer than 2 episodes. I’m shocked you can rent commercial spaces for $750/month anywhere. 

Cheyenne’s friends are very cool and Ryder is a great dancer. She’s wearing a chambray prison jumpsuit for some reason but she’s still adorable. I think it’s embarrassing when people push hard for engagements. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 2/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, Brooklynista said:

THIS! OMG! She knows virtually nothing about running a business...she has no business acumen or even a community college level of knowledge of business. Let alone all the COVID protocols she would have to invest in. And really, this microblading looks awfully intimate to me. The closeness of the practitioner to the client is way too close for my comfort and those plastic masks she was wearing are not recommended by the CDC. They let air in and out because the bottom of the mask is open. They should be wearing KN95 masks at the very least. I'm just astounded at the cavalier attitude these girls have about such important life decisions... like starting a business with no experience or education in that field (I'm not including their failed child's clothing line as positive experience) or getting pregnant for the hell of it. Sometimes I wonder what the hell I'm doing watching these train wrecks every week.

10 hours ago, geej said:

Were they the finished product? Because if they were then I guess she brought in a photo of Groucho Marx and asked to have her brows done like his.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, alotmorestupider said:

Mackenzie really shouldn’t be on her phone while speeding down a freeway, crying with grief. Isn’t there a better time to do that? Her daughter is a very old thumb sucker. Truly no judgement there because I’m fairly certain my son will be a 7 year thumb sucker too, despite my best efforts to curtail him. The lovestruck look on her face when Josh called was disgusting. I truly wish she’d forget that idiot and I’m confused why she wanted him to come and now doesn’t? Her Florida house looked pretty cute and it was nice seeing the kids so excited. 

I can’t believe Maci’s segments are about running 5k. Listen, I’m a flabby mom whose pants haven’t fit for like a year and I’m confident about running a 5k, although there’s no way in high hell I could do it in 33 minutes. Ryan looks like a drugged out homeless man. If he were sitting outside, I’d give him my change. 

Good for Catelynn for accomplishing something besides procreating. Hopefully she sticks with this for longer than 2 episodes. I’m shocked you can rent commercial spaces for $750/month anywhere. 

Cheyenne’s friends are very cool and Ryder is a great dancer. She’s wearing a chambray prison jumpsuit for some reason but she’s still adorable. I think it’s embarrassing when people push hard for engagements. 

I thought Cheyenne's outfit with the barely there plunging neckline was a little inappropriate for a family get together...it was very Kardashian looking. I agree...the constant nagging about getting engaged is not only annoying but rude. For some reason I get the feeling Cheyenne has a to do list...#1 get pregnant again; #2 get engaged #3 get a better house. Not feeling the love between Cheyenne and what's his name...just seems like a relationship of convenience. We'll see how this all turns out.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Marisagf said:

I also hate her accent:  "I told him how I fill."  It's like Amber going to gel!

LMAO! Just like Leah Messer who would say "I feel like" 42 times per episode of TM2, prompting me to have it as my username. That gal is full of fillins. 

Amber's "gel" will make me laugh forever.

16 hours ago, Marisagf said:
11 hours ago, geej said:

Wait, were those the end result??? I know nothing about these fake eyebrows and "beauty" (*snort*) stuff but I assumed they were huge black bandaid things to protect the skin temporarily, like covering a new tattoo. Then again I guess the friend did say she liked them. Good heavens. Ah fill ack that friend was lying!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Several things stand out for me - how was Mackenzie able to move with three kids so effortlessly. I never saw a moving fan or even a box. I moved three blocks away with just MY stuff and it took almost a month of packing, moving, unpacking and setting up a household. Yes, the house was furnished but didn’t they bring clothes and toys and other necessities of life? And within a few days she was all moved in, had been to three beaches, enrolled the kids in school and made new friends.  Seems rather incredible to me. 
Cheyenne must be getting paid exceptionally well by MTV because that little birthday celebration in Newport Beach with a yacht, 28 dozen roses and an endless amount of booze and food for her guests must have set her back a pretty penny.  If MTV is footing the Bill for this the other girls are getting g*****!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Were they the finished product? Because if they were then I guess she brought in a photo of Groucho Marx and asked to have her brows done like his.

LOL.  I just watched a video of the process, and they brush ink onto the area immediately after microblading in order to let more of it soak in to the skin.  The excess gets wiped off.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Where does "Hearts on Fire" come from?    Seriously I don't get it.  

Okay, I had no idea what microblading even was before but in looking it up I saw that it generally costs $4-5K to learn how to do it and the class to be certified takes A WEEK.   I'm sure that added to the appeal for Cate.  Then I looked up places that did it in my area  and the cost was anywhere from $474 to $775 depending on the experience of the person doing it.  But those places offered much more than microblading - they have all kinds of brow services (waxing, tinting, lamination, eyelash extensions etc.).  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

Several things stand out for me - how was Mackenzie able to move with three kids so effortlessly. I never saw a moving fan or even a box. I moved three blocks away with just MY stuff and it took almost a month of packing, moving, unpacking and setting up a household. Yes, the house was furnished but didn’t they bring clothes and toys and other necessities of life? And within a few days she was all moved in, had been to three beaches, enrolled the kids in school and made new friends.  Seems rather incredible to me. 

And she said she was so glad she decided to "buy" a furnished house.  Huh?   I would bet that house is leased or at least I hope so.  I had such high hopes for Mackenzie to finally break from that abusive bum Josh but then all it took was one phone call and she's right back in it.   Sigh.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

THIS! OMG! She knows virtually nothing about running a business...she has no business acumen or even a community college level of knowledge of business. Let alone all the COVID protocols she would have to invest in. And really, this microblading looks awfully intimate to me. The closeness of the practitioner to the client is way too close for my comfort and those plastic masks she was wearing are not recommended by the CDC. They let air in and out because the bottom of the mask is open. They should be wearing KN95 masks at the very least. I'm just astounded at the cavalier attitude these girls have about such important life decisions... like starting a business with no experience or education in that field (I'm not including their failed child's clothing line as positive experience) or getting pregnant for the hell of it. Sometimes I wonder what the hell I'm doing watching these train wrecks every week.

I would love some kind of reality crossover with Tabitha takes Over. lol

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Cheyenne must be getting paid exceptionally well by MTV because that little birthday celebration in Newport Beach with a yacht, 28 dozen roses and an endless amount of booze and food for her guests must have set her back a pretty penny.  If MTV is footing the Bill for this the other girls are getting g*****!

I thought about that too.  I think they're getting paid pretty much the same.  I just think they spend it differently.

Amber is supporting two children being raised in two different households.  That has to be costing her a pretty penny.

Mackenzie just bought a second fully furnished home in Florida.

Leah bought herself a McMansion and sends Bentley to a private school.

Caitlyn and Taylor heaven only knows what they do with their cash?

Cheyenne lives in a modest home she bought before MTV.  She must get some kind of child support.  Her family loves to party so I'm sure she spent her money on the birthday party/reveal.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

LOL.  I just watched a video of the process, and they brush ink onto the area immediately after microblading in order to let more of it soak in to the skin.  The excess gets wiped off.

Ewww...

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I was wondering the same thing...MTV must have footed the bill for the move. This show is so unrealistic at this point. Single mother of three and she can just drive from Oklahoma to Florida with a few suitcases and some plastic bins and move into a home, sight unseen, without a care in the world. That was an over the top party that Cheyenne had... MTV probably paid for it. Her family likes to party...didn't they just have a big bash for her sister? BTW...where's her baby daddy? I can only imagine what kind of a baby shower they will have for her.

• Love 3

To be fair, Cheyenne lives in LA. That modest home probably costs more than the other Teen Mom OG's  homes combined. My ex lives in a 'modest home' like that and it is worth about 1.2 million right now. Neighborhood is everything in LA. Housing prices are ridiculous.

Now that I am aware of microblading I keep seeing it's results everywhere. They almost always look like you cut some eyebrows out of construction paper or felt and glued them above your eyes. Too thick, too completely colored in, too perfect, too clearly delineated mostly straight lines. They don't even look like hair anymore. 

In a way I feel sorry for Cate. She, at sixteen, made this enormous decision to give up her child for adoption and go on and make something of her life beyond that at that age. And she has done nothing since but gain weight and produce a couple kids she doesn't seem to be all that interested in. Without obsessing over poor dear missing Carly she has no storyline other than depression and multiple failed attempts to pretend to find a 'career' for herself. She plays all this out on TV in front of millions (so to speak) and so all her lost time and failures are there for all to see and criticize. I think she believes she has to 'do something' in order to justify her original sixteen year old decision, especially in light of the other Teen Mom's doing so well on MTV having kept their children. It must be brutal for her. I wish she would just say eff it, I am who I am and settle down to SAHM status and just relax. She just seems so very tense and driven and yet completely lazy and directionless at the same time.

• Love 13

How long have Cheyenne and Zach been back together and she's already pregnant? Her sister's reaction to the pregnancy was way over the top. They do seem to be using the MTV money to their benefit thought, Cheyenne is either always having a party or at dinner somewhere.

So Ryan and Mac will find an issue with anything Maci does? They acted like she invented PCOS awareness and were annoyed that she did.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

So Ryan and Mac will find an issue with anything Maci does? They acted like she invented PCOS awareness and were annoyed that she did.

“Why do you need awareness about something you can’t do anything about?”

oh Ryan, saying the dumbest thing on an episode of Teen Mom OG is no small accomplishment. I can see why you dragged his half conscious ass down the aisle Mac. That’s some guy you got there!

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

Was Maci washing pee off of herself in a creek?

Josh is the worst.

I swear Ryder is the cutest kid I've ever seen and I have 3 kids myself.

What is going on with those weird dolls behind Amber's couch?

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

They look like they Little Thinker dolls from the Unemployed Philosopher's Guild:  https://philosophersguild.com/collections/little-thinker-plush-dolls

Must be leftovers from Matt or Andrew or the Belgian guy.

Well, she is a deep thinker.  So it makes sense now.

“I believe that educating yourself is the number one thing to help you grow and move forward,” she said, “So I’m really into philosophers and philosophy right now.”

She says that she admires the Socratic method and that, because of her own commitment to education, Aristotle’s quote that “the roots of education are bitter, but its fruits are sweet,” resonates with her. But the star — whose temper has landed her in many feuds, not to mention in jail — tells us that she appreciates the Stoics most deeply, because of their focus on controlling your attitude to the world.

https://pagesix.com/2020/06/02/teen-moms-amber-portwood-is-super-into-ancient-greek-philosophy/

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
27 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Well, she is a deep thinker.  So it makes sense now.

“I believe that educating yourself is the number one thing to help you grow and move forward,” she said, “So I’m really into philosophers and philosophy right now.”

She says that she admires the Socratic method and that, because of her own commitment to education, Aristotle’s quote that “the roots of education are bitter, but its fruits are sweet,” resonates with her. But the star — whose temper has landed her in many feuds, not to mention in jail — tells us that she appreciates the Stoics most deeply, because of their focus on controlling your attitude to the world.

So her sitting on her couch or on her bed or in that backyard chair isn't her being lazy, it's just her being one of the great thinkers of her generation.  Thinking's hard, y'all. Takes all the energy out of you for doing other things, like taking care of your own kids or getting your own ass to get groceries, etc.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 3/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, Cosmocrush said:

I had to really look for it but Maci's Big Pile O'Crap is still there.   In fact in the background of one scene little Maverick can be seen scaling the pile to successfully retrieve something. I doubt it's the first time or even the only Big Pile O'Crap in the house since he seemed pretty good at it lol.

This season is all about waiting to see the Big PileO'Crap. 

• LOL 9
(edited)
19 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I admit I ff'd through Maci's segment this week because her PCOS advocacy irritates the crap outta me for some reason.

You're just like Ryan! (LOL) I get what you mean, though, it's ridiculous how Maci acts like she's curing cancer or adopting a bunch of disabled orphans when, in fact, she's primarily creating a storyline for her reality show and secondarily going on some lame podcast or jogging.

I did think Ryan's "WTF is PCOS and why should anyone care?" scene was hilarious. I don't assume that that's the best he gives MTV, but why would he say that shit at all? His intention is to disprove how bad "Maci has made him look," but he can't even muster up some fake scenes of him playing with his kids or something? He's always petting the dog and bitching about what a c*** Maci is. Him looking 100% like a bum (hobos work for a living!) was the icing on the cake. I did think Mac's half-hearted, "Well, I'm sure PCOS is terrible. I would hate for Stella to have something like that..." was hilarious. Totally reaching for some kind of empathy points, like whose mind immediately goes to their baby daughter when thinking about gynecological issues?

Edited by TheRealT
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 3/2/2021 at 8:13 PM, Chris Knight said:

MacKenzie probably does take Josh back. I can't believe he let her drive alone with 3 children thru multiple states. Not safe, imo.

Is there a point at which you think it would be safe for her to drive through multiple states with her children?