Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Hero Moments

jewel21
  • Start Topic

When Conrad gets a call from his former army commander who is stranded and wounded in the forest, the trip to save him brings lots of old emotions to the surface. Devon and Kit treat a patient who suffers from sickle cell anaemia and encourage her to have a hip replacement to help treat her pain. When The Raptor is pulled away in the middle of an intense surgery, Mina is left to put her skills and finish the surgery on her own. Bell works on reconnecting with his stepson after helping him get hired at the hospital.

Airdate: 03/02/2021

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Very happy there was no Billie in this episode, but was that her in the previews? Ugh. I was thinking that maybe they were setting up Rose, the sickle-cell patient, to be Devon's next love, but if Billie is back, I guess not. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I found this episode to be boring.  I'm missing the chaos and having so many doctors and stories.. where's Nolan?  I don't know..something is missing

I see Cain has not changed and I'm worried about Mina with him going after her.  I hope she gets her Visa

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 3

I’m with you. A really boring and disjointed episode.

The only bright moment was Cain demanding Kit tell the new CEO to come speak to him and Kit replying he already had been.

• Love 4

I wasn't bored. I enjoyed seeing Cain trapped somewhere between aggressive and helpless. I was okay with Conrad's flashback to his service days. I don't love the fake-ish drama of will Mina's patient or Devon's patient survive, but it's to be expected in a hospital drama. What I really am tired of, though, is the endless references Mina and A.J. make to whatever sex they had last night or this morning. Why do they keep doing that? 

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Arkay said:

What I really am tired of, though, is the endless references Mina and A.J. make to whatever sex they had last night or this morning. Why do they keep doing that? 

I don't understand why they keep doing it either.  We know they're a couple, we get it.  I just hope this show doesn't go into Grey's Anatomy with the sex references.  It's tiresome.

Also, I really wish A.J. would trim that beard.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 2

I'm so glad Devon's patient survived! That really would have sucked for him (and for her). Loved him bringing in the dancers.

Can Dr. Bell catch a break with his former step-son? Jeez. He just introduced himself to the husband.  Didn't show up at their door uninvited. Bruce Greenwood does such a great job showing the emotion in those scenes.

• Love 8

Yes, Bell didn’t ambush the step son’s husband, just introduced himself. I think the stepson is old enough to understand that when couples break up, it is very difficult for a step parent to stay in a child’s life.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Yes, Bell didn’t ambush the step son’s husband, just introduced himself. I think the stepson is old enough to understand that when couples break up, it is very difficult for a step parent to stay in a child’s life.

You would think but I feel like his stepson is going to be just as frustrating and impossible to please as his character was in how to get away with murder.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Sickle cell patient should be happy she was at Chastain with their super doctors when she got her next transfusion - if she had been at another hospital, or just an infusion center getting some blood, that wouldn't have ended well at all.

Also, I don't think AJ can just tell his resident he's done training her... it doesn't work that way :P

The Conrad storyline just felt out of place.

11 hours ago, bros402 said:

Also, I don't think AJ can just tell his resident he's done training her... it doesn't work that way 😛

He should've been done training her the minute he started sleeping with her.. actually, as soon as he realized how he felt about her so I'm fine with him ending it.  Whether she would need to be working under someone else's tutelage or on her own, I don't know.  Maybe she just was at the point that someone had to sign off on her hours or some such?  

• Love 3
On 3/4/2021 at 2:46 PM, Madding crowd said:

Yeah, the stepson is acting like Bell was his father who abandoned him. But didn't Bell say the mother didn't want him around after the divorce? I am sure it sucks for kids in those situations, but there's only so much he could have done. The stepson doesn't have to welcome him back as family, but he seems overly hostile to me.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Callietwo said:

He should've been done training her the minute he started sleeping with her.. actually, as soon as he realized how he felt about her so I'm fine with him ending it.  Whether she would need to be working under someone else's tutelage or on her own, I don't know.  Maybe she just was at the point that someone had to sign off on her hours or some such?  

Well yeah, she should've been under another surgeon the second that happened. According to google, it looks like a surgical residency lasts 5 years, then an additional two years for vascular/thoracic surgery (That's what AJ is, right?) - https://meded.ucsf.edu/advising-and-career-development/career-advisors/career-information-vascular-surgery

On the other hand, a medical residency for things like internal medicine and family medicine (Like Devon and Conrad), lasts around 3 years. However, if Devon is going into Emergency medicine, that can be 3-4 years depending on the program - and 4 years if he wants to do pediatric internal medicine (But we don't see him treating many children - I believe we've only seen Conrad and Nic treat kids?) - https://www.ama-assn.org/residents-students/specialty-profiles/medical-specialty-choice-should-residency-training-length

• Useful 2

Wait, so this show is trying to tell us that when Conrad was in the Army, he defied a direct order from a superior because he felt he knew best?  That doesn't sound like Conrad at all! LOL  Heck, he does that same thing every single episode!!!  Instead of absolving "Saint" Conrad of his sin, I wish the Captain had really rubbed it in and not let him off the hook.  What he did was really serious.

Now that Kit is the CEO, maybe should should write on her white board "Hire more surgeons".  Theo can't be expected to do ALL the operations, you know!

I'm glad Dr. Cain isn't going to change his stripes anytime soon, but I was surprised to see him scheming so quickly.  I still hope to see a major comeupppance for him soon.  (Do they still have that 200 foot tall poster of him hanging on the outside of the hospital?  They should paste the faces of some of the other cast members on there each week.  Imagine what Dr. Cain would say if he saw some underling's face scotch-taped onto his body for all of Atlanta to see! haha)

On 3/6/2021 at 9:49 PM, Gregg247 said:

Now that Kit is the CEO, maybe should should write on her white board "Hire more surgeons".  Theo can't be expected to do ALL the operations, you know!

He doesn't have to, since Mina can now fly solo.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:49 PM, Gregg247 said:

I'm glad Dr. Cain isn't going to change his stripes anytime soon, but I was surprised to see him scheming so quickly.  I still hope to see a major comeupppance for him soon.  (Do they still have that 200 foot tall poster of him hanging on the outside of the hospital?  They should paste the faces of some of the other cast members on there each week.  Imagine what Dr. Cain would say if he saw some underling's face scotch-taped onto his body for all of Atlanta to see! haha)

I was hoping that possibly losing the ability to perform surgery and spending some time in the the place he sent patients to make his record look good, would have been enough comeuppance.  But I guess Cain has to Cain. 

I don't know where they are going with Cain - unless he learns some humility, he will never work in a public hospital - there is not enough money in it. I thought there was a chance that , since he can't perform surgeries, he was going to end up the new CEO.  I am really glad that didn't happen.  Maybe he is leaving the show and they want to add more stress to Mina's life before his contract is up.

On 3/4/2021 at 10:01 AM, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Can Dr. Bell catch a break with his former step-son? Jeez. He just introduced himself to the husband.  Didn't show up at their door uninvited. Bruce Greenwood does such a great job showing the emotion in those scenes.

On 3/4/2021 at 11:46 AM, Madding crowd said:

I agree that the stepson is being too extreme. He never gives Bell a chance to explain anything.  And I put some of the blame on the husband - he was the one who jumped to the conclusion that Bell wanted advice on getting close to the stepson and he told Bell that he is on Bell's side.  Either the husband misrepresented the encounter or the stepson needs anger management classes.  

It doesn't make sense (not that I expect this show to make sense) that the stepson would even consider working at Chastain.  They have already told us that public hospitals are not the place to make money.  They enticed him by saying he would be able to do things besides nose-jobs, but, if he is as good as they say, then he could some place where he doesn't jsut do nose jobs and  he doesn't have to see Bell.  

Do we know how long Bell and the mom were together?  

• Love 2