Type keyword(s) to search

S01:E01 Pilot

• Start Topic

Not as bad as it COULD be, but you won't forget that the original was pure cheese... because that's the aspect they brought back most. 

It suffers from kid actors being kid actors, and probably one kid too many in the cast. 

Soleil Moon Frye herself was fine, which really is the most important aspect. 

One episode viewed isn't definite though. I suppose I need to watch more. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I don't mind this...much.

After rewatching the original the past few weeks and singing along with the theme song every single time, I was looking forward to a good update. And that the little they did was awful.

I like all the kids. Although Izzy dresses, acts, and has the same name as the "orphaned" youth on RuPaul's most recent TV show. Although this Izzy is less annoying. 

I do find the acting from Soliel and Cherie to be a bit cringey at times though.

And damn Freddy Prinze, Jr. is looking sexy! Age has treated him right...

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

After rewatching the original the past few weeks and singing along with the theme song every single time, I was looking forward to a good update. And that the little they did was awful.

They had a great theme song and totally didn't take advantage of it. It was SO weird. 

• Love 2
(edited)

This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I like grown-up Cherie a lot - the calm straight man to Punky's quirkiness.  Punky can be a bit much, especially that moment where she lay down on the floor to "protest" Izzy leaving.  That was OTP and unnecessary.  

Also, was that apartment supposed to be Henry's redone?  Because yikes... I think it doubled in size.  The master bedroom (seen in a later episode) looks like it could fit the entire family no problem, whereas I can't imagine five people being able to live in Henry's old apartment.  Remember when Punky had to make her own room out of Henry's den?  That room was not very big.  

Edited by Brn2bwild
  • Love 3

Finally making my way through this. (We don’t have Peacock in Canada but there is a channel that is airing it 2 episodes a week.)

it’s...serviceable. I don’t remember that much of the original but Punky seems to be living off on caffeine all. The. Time. What was quirky when she was young seems a lot “good lord this is A LOT” now. I will say Soleil and Cherie seem to be having a blast coming back so more Punky Power to them.

Freddie Prinze Jr didn’t do much for me in his heyday but wow he aged well. 

• LOL 3