Type keyword(s) to search

S13: Sandhya Garg

• Start Topic

And funnily enough, that reminds me almost as much of the vinyl cage outfit Korinna made for the Rainway.

However, it looks more polished. 

I had seen Sandhya's collection on TLo's site a few weeks ago, and I suspected that it was a decoy (like Fade's) before I had watched the elimination. At least she was free to do her and remain true to her asthetic on the runway!

• Love 1

Okay, I have another reason to love Fade - he put this on his FB page...

just deleted the project runway trailer for tonights episode from my timeline, after seeing their stupid comment that came with it. it's fueling the same bullshit hate crap towards sandhya that's already going on for way too long. i'm so tired of it.

And Korina added in all caps ME TOO!!!!

Ah, those editing monkeys, they so enjoy yanking the viewers chain don't they?  They tried to flavor Sandhya as either the 'clueless villian' or the 'poor picked on misunderstood'  designer.  Obviously behind the scenes it was neither and it sounds like the other designers weren't buying it wholesale either.  

• Love 3

Okay, I have another reason to love Fade - he put this on his FB page...

And Korina added in all caps ME TOO!!!!

Ah, those editing monkeys, they so enjoy yanking the viewers chain don't they?  They tried to flavor Sandhya as either the 'clueless villian' or the 'poor picked on misunderstood'  designer.  Obviously behind the scenes it was neither and it sounds like the other designers weren't buying it wholesale either.  

The truth lies in the middle. I suppose.

Korina actually said everything we've heard.  But she no doubt said mean catty things about EVERY contestant, because she's either like that, or expected to play a snarky role overall on air, and the producers sat her (and everyone actually) down for hours of Talking Heads asking her impressions of EVERY outfit and EVERY designer each time.  What's possibly untrue and added by editing is only any sense that she was focusing on Sandhya specifically.

Sandhya on the other hand DID do a bunch of stuff with no sign of producer prompting.  Her "they're picking on me" session with Tim seemed totally candid, the incident in the store, and the sessions we got this past episode in her hotel rooms did too. Whether they were legit or Sandhya playing up for the camera I have no clue (both possibilities aren't nice), but they certainly weren't plucked out of the ether the way we could debate Korina's Talking Heads were.  

I think there's a possibility that from Korina's side there's total puzzlement at the idea that she and the others ganged up on or hated Sandhya--because in her mind she was just doing her bit to snark on everyone and mentally never focused on Sandhya specifically.  On Sandhya's end, she either saw it as bullying, or is simply acting like it's bullying, because she's a drama queen.

That said, it doesn't make me like Korina much more. As I said earlier in this thread I feel sorry on some level if she's being hung out to dry by the edit, but at best she's the one who decided snarking was a way to get herself airtime.  Which would be fine if her snark was actually funny, but it's not--it just comes off as being harsh.

• Love 3

I've read the FB post from Fade and from Korina, and to some degree I wonder if Fade's post may not result from Sandaya talking to him about feeling persecuted.  I remember him taking up for Amanda after she went to tell him her side of the story about how Korina and Char were "picking on her."  I think he is one of those people who may just take what a person tells him at face value, and feel sympathy/empathy for them automatically without critically questioning the comment, who it is coming from, or what the other side of the story may be.  Or it just be that Sandaya has been unfairly portrayed.  But, I don't think so, IMO, it seemed like the editors were trying to work in her favor.  She was shown as the plucky girl, with all the fashion forward idea who was a victim of the "mean girls," she handled everything with a quiet grace and a smile.  In fact, the first time I think they ever showed her step out of that role was with Hernan when she flipped him the bird.  I felt like she was getting the Patricia edit.  

As for Korina, she can fucking suck it.  I'm absolutely done with her.  Someone posted her FB post

"ME TOO! I think it's disgusting that ANYONE would think we "hate" each other. The ONLY reason Sandhya Garg and I butted heads is because we are both STRONG and CONFIDENT women In a competition. I completely agree with her message. Her work is extremely innovative. It is our job to comment on how we think the judges will view each others work. For any "fan" to think that equals "hate" is a mislead, brainwashed sheep. And guess what fans! Much to your dismay we are ALL very close friends. Real life is extremely different from reality TV and I wish more people would take that into consideration!"

For one, the only reason this self absorbed bitch is on TV is because of PR fans, so she doesn't need to talk shit about anyone.  Fuck her, and the Joker face she rode in on.  And to assume that anyone cares enough about her, or her relationship with anyone to feel "dismay" over her is just a further sign that she thinks she is much more important than she is.  Furthermore, the fans ONLY have to go off of what is shown on the show, if you don't like the way you are being portrayed, you need to take it up with the producers, don't get mad at the viewers for believing what they are shown on the show.  But of course, its not her fault for saying negative things, its not the producers fault for misrepresenting her, its the audience's fault for not somehow divining what the hell is in her mind, and how its somehow different from what she says in the TH and how she behaves on the show.  Bitch, bye!

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 4

Does it matter? Sandhya's collection was basically bedazzled housecoats. If there's some obscure pony ring that needs her one trick, they'll hire her, or her parents will buy her a factory, and (here's the important part) once she finishes whining in the reunion special she's off my TV. 

• Love 3

I have the strange sense that Sandhya was a 'ringer' or 'professional' contestant hired to fill up the gaps in casting.

I don't know why I feel this way - there was just something outlandish about her clothes and mannerisms that seemed too good to be true. I have heard of shows hiring actors to fill in when they don't have enough regular people on a show, or need a specific 'type' for the audience - usually the latter.

IMO, she was brought in to aggravate the more aggressive designers; basically, I feel she was bait to intice people like Korina and Mitchell to create the tension and the sparkler action which set the tone for the first five episodes.

I may and probably am wrong, but I listen to my gut, and something is saying to me that she was brought in to deliberately stir up trouble by the producers. After 13 seasons of complaining, I think TPTB know what kind of persona certain designers will immediately attack, criticize, and tear to shreds.

Of course Sandhya's a professional.  She's been in the fashion world for many years.  She has an excellent resume and lots of experience.  All you have to do is Google her & you can see her accomplishments.   She's won design awards.

She has a degree from the London College of Fashion and she was trained at Alexander McQueen! 

I absolutely don't think anybody "brought" her in, I think she wanted to do the show.  She tried out for season 12 but didn't make it.

Why would somebody with her CV waste time being a petty "spoiler" on a reality show?  Makes zero sense to me. She was in it to win it.

http://showtime.arts.ac.uk/SandhyaGarg

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

I think Sandhya is the real deal.  I don't know her, but I've met people like her who have over-the-top self-confidence and optimism and sunny personalities.  To someone like me who has a bit of angst in her soul, it can feel a little false but that has to do with me and nothing to do with them.  There is nothing that I've seen about Sandhya (looking at reviews and her own site) that indicates anything but consistency.  So I am with leighdear...I don't think she'd waste time being a spoiler.  They may have been glad to have found her in the group interviewing for the show, but I don't think she was dragged in.  My problem with Sandhya has never been her personality....I just didn't like what she produced for the challenges (with one exception, I think).  She completely won me over with her lighthearted exchange with Sean.  They were so comfortable with each other and he felt safe gently teasing her, and I think her response was a true one.  That's just who she is. 

• Love 4

I don't understand WHY we didn't see that kind of work during PR ! I really loved her Fashion Week collection. I loved it as much as I HATED what she produced during the show.

I think I see shades of her coat from the rainway challenge in this coat from her Fashion Week collection. Unless she had Kini helping to sew it (ha) it might be hard to construct it in one day.

Edited by discoprincess

I would love to see her come back in an All Stars season.  Sure, some of her stuff was weird, and some I didn't understand, but she's absolutely committed to her visions.  Conviction is a huge part of success, and I think she has some very innovative ideas.  Plus, I just loved her attitude, as a lot of people did.

I think it's important for people to take their work seriously, but not themselves.  It's just fashion!  ;) 

• Love 2