Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Polygamist and Proud!

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Opine said:

I swear I heard it was because she couldn't get along with Ashley.  But maybe I just assumed that because no built-in maid/nanny/"wife" will be able to follow Ashley's rules.  I mean she made Vanessa steam her hooha before she could have sex with Dmitri!!!!!

Haha just like I've never actually heard she was only there to be on tv and scarpered once the show ended!  I only assumed because - I mean, come on! 😄 

• Love 1
On 3/23/2021 at 3:43 PM, LucyEth said:

That one who is divorcing her husband so they can bring in the Brazilian woman, is she nuts?  She is making a huge mistake considering they stated they had marriage issues in the past and had considered divorce.  That guy is the walking advertisement for just wanting to have sex with multiple women.  Also, IMO the “Brazilian Bombshell” was not really all that!   

You must have forgotten that it is God’s will. The best excuse ever.

• LOL 6
On 3/24/2021 at 12:05 PM, Mothra said:

Is this really the life they dreamed of, cooking and cleaning and babysitting, bearing children that will be communally reared? 

You don’t need to be in a polygamist marriage for that. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
On 3/26/2021 at 12:53 PM, dsteele said:

First time seeing this show. Not sure why I tuned in, given that I left the disaster that was Sister Wines years ago. Anyway...

One question: Why does Vanessa (not sure if that's her name) always have some kind of symbol or decal on her forehead? Is it a religious thing? Or maybe she's Hindu?

It’s part of being in the Insufferable Poseurs and Hipsters cult.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 3/29/2021 at 10:12 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I bet Sidian is a LARPer. 100%. I also bet that Sidian is not his real name. I do know for a fact that he's a tool. You can just see the toolishness oozing off him. 

He named his child Tyrion? Seriously? 

Is Sidian short for Obsidian? You know, the rock. Wonder is his middle daughter’s name is Lannister.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Is Sidian short for Obsidian? You know, the rock. Wonder is his middle daughter’s name is Lannister.

I think Sidian's real name is a very mainstream Matt or Sean or some other millennial name. I am prepared to bet a shiny American quarter that his mama did not bring him to the baptismal font and tell the priest to baptize him "Sidian". Call me crazy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I think Sidian's real name is a very mainstream Matt or Sean or some other millennial name. I am prepared to bet a shiny American quarter that his mama did not bring him to the baptismal font and tell the priest to baptize him "Sidian". Call me crazy.

Well, according to sources, his middle name is "Morning Star" . . . so maybe she is wacky enough to have named him "Sidian."

• LOL 3
14 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Well, according to sources, his middle name is "Morning Star" . . . so maybe she is wacky enough to have named him "Sidian."

I’m calling him Insipidian and leaving it at that. If the shoe fits.......

My middle name is “Do I Look Like a Fucking Idiot.”

• LOL 8
6 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m calling him Insipidian and leaving it at that. If the shoe fits.......

My middle name is “Do I Look Like a Fucking Idiot.”

What gets me is their story line that the first wife left, so the second wife became the first wife.  Hello???  They are not married, so she still qualifies as a "live-in girlfriend" . . . NOT a wife.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

What gets me is their story line that the first wife left, so the second wife became the first wife.  Hello???  They are not married, so she still qualifies as a “live in girlfriend” unpaid whore and babysitter...NOT a wife.

FTFY

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Another season of weepy, clingy women; a fresh crop of pathetically lame excuses from their husbands/ex-husbands/baby daddies/"kings" (barf); and for the first time, a few foreign blushing brides-to-be a la 90 Day Fiance to liven things up.  Because you know, the first two seasons were so lacking in drama and all, what with the one woman shit show put on by the trashy blond after she failed at whatever scam she was trying to run on the Aldridges, Paige nearly taking out the bitch lovely woman she loved like a sister who was horning in on the "prize" that was Bernie, the "prize" that was Bernie falling over dead while bike riding not long after filming was over, etc.  And, like the rest of you... raising my hand to announce, "Present."  Enthusiastically present, in fact.  (sigh)

The situation is looking kind of tenuous, however, as I'd already used up my allotment of eye rolls and alcohol after we were introduced to the very first new couple, the Merrifields.  (Luckily, self-imposed allotments are easily adjusted upward, so carry on!).  Garrick left me scratching my head with his particularly dim-witted justification for ripping out his wife's heart and stomping on it a few times, a small price to pay to fuck a much younger, hotter piece of Brazilian ass (with whom he can't even have a conversation - bonus!).  So, according to the lines he delivered during his couch interview, Garrick heard Bernie say last season had a revelation that the Bible (Old Testament) has a lot of stories about patriarchs who had multiple wives  He then notes that believers should strive to be Christ-like, and being Christ-like means to be like.... the patriarchs...?  Right-O, dude.  Right-O....

The other couple that sticks out in my mind is the "king" and "queen," who seem to have more of a "house girl" than a "co-queen."  Something about that whole dynamic just seemed off - the "queen" calling "co-queen/house girl" down because the microwave wasn't completely spotless, "co-queen/house girl" coming back to help the "queen" move because she feels like that is her role in life, ..  It all made me want to somehow confirm "co-queen" isn't really a euphemism for indentured servant, and that she really is there of her own free will and can leave for good if she so chooses.

Overall, 3 seasons in, it's still difficult for me to truly understand/empathize with these women standing by their clueless, callous men as they gleefully pursue other people.  I cannot imagine ever needing another human being so desperately that I'd sacrifice my self-respect, happiness, peace, and dignity in exchange for being graced with his presence every few nights.  Hell fuck to the NO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9