Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Polygamist and Proud!

• Start Topic

They're back! Or some of them are back and new ones join the fray.  More husbands, even more wives, and more couples, thruples, quadruples, or quintuples looking to reach the next level.  Will they find what they're looking for?

The Snowdens have a new girlfriend! The Merrifields take drastic measures to bring their Brazilian bombshell fiancee into their family.  After their first wife left, the Joneses are ready to seek again. The Clarks have turmoil in their plural kingdom.  

According to the TLC website, the show is back. 

Original air date 2021.02.28  2021.03.22

• Love 1

TLC has rebranded itself as the network to watch for those who think THEY can make an unwise decision work well.

- Marry someone you met on a prison website.

- Marry someone you've never met in person, or - if so - just briefly.

- Marry multiple people, because marriage isn't hard enough with just two people.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I saw a promo trailer for this shit show last night, and it's now apparently debuting season 3 on March 22.  

And, to no one's surprise, the Snowdens are back, as are the Winders. 

The trailer can be seen at the above link and also on the TLC IG account.

Happy Hump Day 😄  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

One guy died right after the last season....if I'm correct.  So I figured they scrapped it for that reason.

I was waiting for the first proclamation that " it doesn't have anything to do with guys who want to sleep with multiple woman".  And there it was!!  Ya, ooooook😂😁.   Kinda like , "I'm not doing it for the money" 

• Love 10

The Snowdens are still so damn ridiculous. They are the gift that keeps on giving.  Dmitri looks like his head has grown physically larger.  Ashley will be a passive-aggressive, seething mess in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . .

OK, so the Joneses knew each other three months when she joined his first marriage.  That lasted 6 months before there was a break up.  Two months later Tasha was back.  I'm going with polygamy was secondary to Sidian and Tasha wanting to be together. 

Ugh, the Clarks are kings and queens.  🙄 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, toomuchtv said:

So they’re just setting up future seasons of 90 Day Fiancé now...

yep, I watched this last night after e-filing so my mind was a bit of a blurry mess, but the 90 DF cross-over just jumped at me.  

I don't think even TLC would try to have two poly families in one season so I am going to bet that the Snowdens are the couple that will make the leap.   This is their third season so they have experience with TLC.   On the other hand, I am not sure Ashley would be willing to divorce Dmitri for the woman from South Africa, but  they  so seem to like being on tv.

So the runner up choice would be the couple with the potential sister wife from Brazil.   I think that is the Merrifields.   Were they originally LDS? So supposedly potential sister wife speaks little or no English.   Well, no problem with that.  We have seen that the translator app can work.  I was a bit shocked that he was intimate with her on the second night.  The real wife is unhappy about the divorce, but she is trying to be a real trooper, but is failing.  She just seems so much dumber than a box of rocks --my apologies to any offended boxes of rocks--and she seems so miserable.

as always, I feel sorry for the kids on the show.

4 hours ago, endure said:

I wonder when this was filmed, no mention of Covid 19 that I saw or heard during the episode.

I wonder if they were filming around the time Mr Fibber McGee died, and they just shelved it and re-edited it. 

10 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

OK, so the Joneses knew each other three months when she joined his first marriage.  That lasted 6 months before there was a break up.  Two months later Tasha was back.  I'm going with polygamy was secondary to Sidian and Tasha wanting to be together. 

Ugh, the Clarks are kings and queens.  🙄 

Not at all interested in the Jones story.   I was tired, but I think he said the oldest and youngest lived with him, but his middle child was living with her mother.  He didn't say she lived with his ex so did he have an affair that produced the middle child?  I could be really wrong about that as I was waiting for a text message that the IRS had accepted our tax return which did finally happen.   He really creeps me out.  Not as much as Dmitri, but close.  Tosha is cute, but she seems nearly as dumb as the woman who is letting her husband divorce her for the woman from Brazil.

King Clark must have had second thoughts after declaring himself King, because he suddenly started referring to the wives as queens.  I don't like him, either.

• Love 7

Is it just me or was the Snowden's explanation for last season's sacred marriage fail no explanation at all? Oh, I can't stand them. I notice the Snowden women have moved on from red Sharpie Bindis to gold circles. I'm sure Ashley has a fifteen-minute explanation why.  

Eyebrow woman is making really good life choices. I love how in the interview shots, when she's sitting next to her husband she keeps her face close to his, laughs with him about sleeping with the sister wife, just goes along with everything, la di da, ha ha ha. Then in her private interviews her face is blotchy & she's saying she might be left with nothing.  As someone said, hasn't she learned anything from Meri Brown?

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I am not sure Ashley would be willing to divorce Dmitri for the woman from South Africa, but  they  so seem to like being on tv.

IIRC, DMitri and Ashley aren’t legally married.  They said it is so that there isn’t any 1st, 2nd, 3rd wife type stuff.  The skeptic in me is sure that it’s so Ashley and the three kids qualify for public assistance and they want that free money.

I cannot believe they found so many men as douchey as DMitri.  It’s really incredible.  Looking forward to seeing the Winders next week instead of all these assholes.

I would feel sorry for Danieelle cause she is clearly desperate and seems mentally slow, but she brought kids into her terrible marriage and is now going to subject them to the confusion of non-English speaking nanny / second mom moving in so she deserves whatever misery comes her way.

And kudos to @Shelbie for calling this out:  "So many posers trying to imbue their lifestyles into something that sounds deep and spiritual when the men just want to have a ton of sex with different women.”  It’s so obvious I’m surprised their wives don’t die from embarrassment.  Every single time they ask about the new wife the husband talks about her physical characteristics and how hot she is.  Nothing about how loving, kind or smart she might be.  Especially with DMitri and Ashley.  All this BS about a more loving family when they pick a superficial IG chick who is willing to abandon her own children.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

IIRC, DMitri and Ashley aren’t legally married.  They said it is so that there isn’t any 1st, 2nd, 3rd wife type stuff.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case, but I usually watch this and forget it.  I can understand maybe wanting no legal wives, but the idea that there is no first wife is delusional.  First wife might not get the best treatment, but she is still the first wife time-wise. Or maybe we should call her the longest wife.

• Love 3

I haven’t gotten all the names down after only one episode, only remember the Snowdens and Winders.  That one who is divorcing her husband so they can bring in the Brazilian woman, is she nuts?  She is making a huge mistake considering they stated they had marriage issues in the past and had considered divorce.  That guy is the walking advertisement for just wanting to have sex with multiple women.  Also, IMO the “Brazilian Bombshell” was not really all that!   

I don’t think the first Winder wife was ever on board with the idea but now that Sophie had a baby, things will probably get more interesting. I find husband Winder very weird.  

I don’t know why Vanessa “married” the Snowdens but someone in her family must have gotten in her ear about how the whole thing was BS, so she decided to ditch them via text of all things.    There is more to that story but I guess they will never really dish.  Maybe when she was told that Ashley might be working on the family business and she would be home taking care of all the kids, she realized she made a big mistake.  

I won’t comment on the others till I see more interaction.  

• Love 9

Oh, man, this is an excellent train wreck!

The guy who is the king and the guy with the Brazilian babe are such phony hound dogs.  The women always get dragged in with some philosophical BS.  "I researched the history of tribes."  "I saw that the Bible commanded it." 

Meanwhile, the Snowdens do indeed keep on giving.  They've been trying to find a sister wife for ten years, with one nationally televised epic fail and many others.  Shouldn't they get a clue by now?

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Twopper said:

I was tired, but I think he said the oldest and youngest lived with him, but his middle child was living with her mother.  He didn't say she lived with his ex so did he have an affair that produced the middle child?  I could be really wrong about that as I was waiting for a text message that the IRS had accepted our tax return which did finally happen.   He really creeps me out.  Not as much as Dmitri, but close.  Tosha is cute, but she seems nearly as dumb as the woman who is letting her husband divorce her for the woman from Brazil.

The only thing I can think when I see Sidian is "tool".  Sidian is a tool. 

As for Tosha being dumb... she actually stated that after the first wife had the sense to leave, she would come by just to cook and clean for Sidian and the boys.  Oh, HONEY.  Listen to yourself.  

I think both the Brazilian woman and the South American woman are good looking and could certainly find other relationships.  Maybe they're crazy.  Or maybe they're not... and one of the things that makes this show so much fun is that none of these preening, self-deluded polygamists ever stop to think about any of the many, many possible reasons someone would want to join them ON A TV SHOW.

• Love 10

The Snowdens never gave us a why.  Vanessa went on a weekend trip to Seattle to see family and decided to leave Dmitri and Ashley.  I did enjoy the flashbacks to the "wedding."  D&A are so full of themselves.  I had forgotten just how wonderful the clothing choices were. 😄

Everything about Sidian says asshole.  Tosha really is profoundly stupid.  Sure. let me do all the housework and cooking for this D-bag.  She just missed him so, so much in their brief time apart that she'll now do anything to be with him.  We may all be hospitalized for extreme eyeroll strains this season.

• LOL 13
  • Love 7

I haven't watched yet, but I will. If for no other reason than Mrs. Snowden's Thinly Veiled Hostility towards the other women. It pleases me.

Refreshing my memory from last season:

Huh.

Screenshot_20210324-023325_YouTube.thumb.jpg.e8e383d4c23ee9a1bb0d2d5df0b62f9a.jpg

1189461271_Screenshot_20210324-023347_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.bf5f05e533ea21c26dbb7877a66475d1.jpg

So, after all this, Ashley is a Baby Momma? Chile....

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 2

So much of this puzzles me.  The second wives don't seem awful, or ugly, or offensive in any way.  Why in the hell do they want to yoke themselves to these awful men?  It seems to me they could all do a lot better.  Is this really the life they dreamed of, cooking and cleaning and babysitting, bearing children that will be communally reared?  We suspected that Vanessa wanted TV exposure because she wanted to become an actress, but she really got dealt the short end of the stick and had the brains to get out of Dodge early on.

The first wives seem OK, and I guess they feel they would lose their husbands if they did not go along with the plan, but jeez louise--why would you want to stay with a man like that?   Howdy Doody's first wife, who blended in with the wallpaper during the first season, seems to have gone full invisible this year.  I hope she's quietly plotting something awful.  I know I'm not alone in wanting to punch Mrs. Doody #2 in the nose.

I wonder if the husbands would realize it if the original wives were subtly making the second wives uncomfortable in ways that would become intolerable over time, but would not be something the #2's could complain about to the mister, or that they would even realize was going on themselves.  I think I could do that, just sneaky little things that might require an apology now and then ("oh, were those *your* Tampax I threw out?  I never use them--couldn't imagine what they were doing in the bathroom.") but which would lead to gnashing of teeth and eventual desertion of the family.

• Love 5

What always strikes me about this show is how much most of the first wives have been forced/manipulated into agreeing to a polygamist marriage. I feel bad for that woman who is actually getting divorced so her husband can marry some other chick from another country. Won't immigration catch on to that scam? I assume the first wife isn't moving out of the house, and now they're even declaring their fraud on television. 

I'm tired of the Snowdens and their obvious fame-whoring. I don't know how they keep making the cut on this show, season after season. 

I don’t know why Vanessa “married” the Snowdens but someone in her family must have gotten in her ear about how the whole thing was BS, so she decided to ditch them via text of all things.  

I thought it came out on last season's tell-all that she only married them to be on television, and that she was never really into it to begin with. But I could be remembering wrong.

Edited by Kellyee
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Kellyee said:

What always strikes me about this show is how much most of the first wives have been forced/manipulated into agreeing to a polygamist marriage.

No, not manipulated!  They all PRAYED on-- 

hahahahahaha... sorry, I can't.  

I'm also struck by how many of these husbands are men who I am surprised that ANY woman married in the first place.  Maybe the first wives just figure that with someone else in the picture, that's 50% less time she'll have to deal with him.  

The Snowdens are just a ridiculous self-aggrandizing sideshow.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 3/24/2021 at 12:05 PM, Mothra said:

Howdy Doody's first wife, who blended in with the wallpaper during the first season, seems to have gone full invisible this year.  I hope she's quietly plotting something awful.  I know I'm not alone in wanting to punch Mrs. Doody #2 in the nose.

Who is Howdy Doody, the Winder husband?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Howdy Doody's first wife, who blended in with the wallpaper during the first season, seems to have gone full invisible this year.  I hope she's quietly plotting something awful.  I know I'm not alone in wanting to punch Mrs. Doody #2 in the nose.

I think I feel worse for her than anyone else on this show. She just looks so consistently miserable. It's obvious that she never wanted this, and that the husband and the second wife are running everything. In this day and age, I don't understand why some of these women don't just leave. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I think I feel worse for her than anyone else on this show. She just looks so consistently miserable. It's obvious that she never wanted this, and that the husband and the second wife are running everything. In this day and age, I don't understand why some of these women don't just leave. 

She does always seem sad about the situation.  Sometimes I wonder if they feel like they don’t want to be the loser, leave and basically hand him over to “wife” number 2.  What they don’t realize is that they are already the loser if they are not happy with a polygamist relationship.  That one family featured on the show, The Brineys, the first wife left because she was unhappy and didn’t have a good relationship with the other two wives.  I believe she divorced the husband.  I hope she is happy now, she did the right thing for herself.  

• Love 4

First time seeing this show. Not sure why I tuned in, given that I left the disaster that was Sister Wines years ago. Anyway...

One question: Why does Vanessa (not sure if that's her name) always have some kind of symbol or decal on her forehead? Is it a religious thing? Or maybe she's Hindu?

• Love 1

I openly admit I could never be in this lifestyle. I would be too jealous to share a husband. I hate how they always say the first wife just has to get over her jealously and deal with it. If my husband ever told me he needs to divorce me to bring over my sister wife from another country he would be shown the door and I would stall the divorce as long as possible just out of spite.

The first wives always look so miserable and unhappy. Can't any of them just say no?

• Love 15
2 hours ago, dsteele said:

First time seeing this show. Not sure why I tuned in, given that I left the disaster that was Sister Wines years ago. Anyway...

One question: Why does Vanessa (not sure if that's her name) always have some kind of symbol or decal on her forehead? Is it a religious thing? Or maybe she's Hindu?

Ashley wears a bindi because she is doing cultural appropriation of a Hindu custom without any solid context as to why.  Ashley & Dmitri are masters of cultural appropriation, taking little pieces from many different traditions in a vainglorious attempt to make their polygamous "path" seem deep and spiritual rather than Dmitri wanting some strange and Ashley wanting someone else to take over household and childcare duties so she can focus on whatever BS business venture she wants to start.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Ashley is determined to be seen as a deep, spiritual woman rather than a average mother of three. She irritates me and has since her first appearance. She wants other women to aspire to her greatness and doesn’t seem to realize that we can see her as she really is. A vapid woman who lets her husband have “spiritual “ sex with other women so she can be seen as some great matriarch.

• Love 17

I know there are some issues with this and it's not simple to just jump up and run over to a different country, but if you're THAT obsessed with NEEDING polygamy (and not polyamory or swinging or any kind of other open relationship) specifically, why don't any of these folks consider moving to a country where it's more widely practiced/regulated? Even loosely more available and common? I understand you shouldn't just jump up and run to a different place every time you have a whim, but after you're seriously looking for a sister wife for over a decade, you'd think they'd at least consider that? I wonder why we don't ever even mildly hear about that (or why they decided not to do it). It's simply not really available or accepted here and it's very very unlikely to pan out unless you're already in some cult-y little group. 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oh these people.  Here's some Biblical news for Garrick:  God does NOT want you to divorce your wife/children's mother in order to bring a new woman who you're already sleeping with out-of-wedlock to the country.  Really.  And the Brazilian woman and her mother are just so on board with this - nothing suspicious about them at all.

Snowden's - you're still gross. 

Tosha and Sidion - she seems sweet; of course she's also an idiot.  He's as gross as Dimitri.  The interesting thing is that the two kids who live with him are the children of his first wife, but the other daughter who lives with her mother is his middle child.  🤔

King Clark is just as pleased as punch with himself - I can't wait until his lesser Queen starts acting out 😄 

• Love 14
On 3/23/2021 at 9:45 AM, Shelbie said:

I’ll be watching even though it’s hard to see sometimes because my eyes are rolling so much.

So many posers trying to imbue their lifestyles into something that sounds deep and spiritual when the men just want to have a ton of sex with different women.

"I felt called to this lifestyle. Its in the Bible". Yeah right. There's plenty of stuff in the Bible that is not acceptable today. Slavery. Rape. Selling your daughters. Sheesh. 

On 3/23/2021 at 12:38 PM, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

Eyebrow woman is making really good life choices. I love how in the interview shots, when she's sitting next to her husband she keeps her face close to his, laughs with him about sleeping with the sister wife, just goes along with everything, la di da, ha ha ha. Then in her private interviews her face is blotchy & she's saying she might be left with nothing.  As someone said, hasn't she learned anything from Meri Brown?

Oh, she'll be left with nothing all right. Her weasel of a husband will find a way to jettison her if she becomes tiresome ("I'm sorry, honey. Its in the Bible!"). I have zero sympathy for these insipid little doormats. 

On 3/23/2021 at 1:18 PM, Booger666 said:

IIRC, DMitri and Ashley aren’t legally married.  They said it is so that there isn’t any 1st, 2nd, 3rd wife type stuff.  The skeptic in me is sure that it’s so Ashley and the three kids qualify for public assistance and they want that free money.

That is standard operating procedure for FLDS polygamists, its called "bleeding the beast". There's one legal wife and the rest are all single mothers with no visible means of support. However, Ashley and Dmitri live together, as lots of couples do these days. Ashley wouldn't be able to get public assistance as a single mother with a partner in the house. Lots of couples live together and have kids. Plus, doesn't Dmitri supposedly work? And really, even TLC's meager payout is probably more generous than welfare or SNAP, which is hardly a princely amount.  

On 3/23/2021 at 3:43 PM, LucyEth said:

I don’t know why Vanessa “married” the Snowdens but someone in her family must have gotten in her ear about how the whole thing was BS, so she decided to ditch them via text of all things.    There is more to that story but I guess they will never really dish.  Maybe when she was told that Ashley might be working on the family business and she would be home taking care of all the kids, she realized she made a big mistake.   

My theory? Vanessa is an actress and this was all a big old sham cooked up by the three of them to get on TV and get their SAG cards. The end. 

On 3/23/2021 at 7:28 PM, Bad Example said:

The only thing I can think when I see Sidian is "tool".  Sidian is a tool. 

As for Tosha being dumb... she actually stated that after the first wife had the sense to leave, she would come by just to cook and clean for Sidian and the boys.  Oh, HONEY.  Listen to yourself.  

I think both the Brazilian woman and the South American woman are good looking and could certainly find other relationships.  Maybe they're crazy.  Or maybe they're not... and one of the things that makes this show so much fun is that none of these preening, self-deluded polygamists ever stop to think about any of the many, many possible reasons someone would want to join them ON A TV SHOW.

I bet Sidian is a LARPer. 100%. I also bet that Sidian is not his real name. I do know for a fact that he's a tool. You can just see the toolishness oozing off him. 

He named his child Tyrion? Seriously? 

One thing that drives me to the edge about every last one of the foolish, simpering, deluded, utterly lacking in self respect and knowledge of their value women on these shows is that they all bleat about how having sister wives helps them overcome "jealousy". WHY is overcoming jealousy so damned important? "It teaches us to be less selfish". WHY do they think that wanting and deserving a committed partner is selfishness? God, I just want to shake them. The worst thing is that the men pretend that the women have agency; that they are in the driver's seat and drive all the decisions. But the women are so desperate to hang on to their horrible horndog men that they are prepared to participate uncomplainingly in their own subjugation. It sickens me. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 12

I laughed hard at the fact that Vannessa was out of there as soon as the cameras were gone. I wish they followed up with her directly. My guess is she was a hired actress. Vannessa reminds me of Tania from 90 days.
that one couple was channeling Paul And Karine with the translator app and importing a bride from Brazil.

oh Sideon...you just like to have sex with other women. He was clearly never. Faithful to his wife if the middle child has a different mother. Tyrion? Lord help us all.

Now Ashley is smudging too? Is she playing a game of “How many cultures can I appropriate?”

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I laughed hard at the fact that Vannessa was out of there as soon as the cameras were gone.

After she steamed her vagina, ate that diet, nannied for the kids and supposedly slept with Dimitri 😄  Some people will do anything to be on TV!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 3/23/2021 at 7:45 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Why exactly did Vanessa leave the Snowdens?  Lots of beating around the bush there!

I swear I heard it was because she couldn't get along with Ashley.  But maybe I just assumed that because no built-in maid/nanny/"wife" will be able to follow Ashley's rules.  I mean she made Vanessa steam her hooha before she could have sex with Dmitri!!!!!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Opine said:

I swear I heard it was because she couldn't get along with Ashley.  But maybe I just assumed that because no built-in maid/nanny/"wife" will be able to follow Ashley's rules.  I mean she made Vanessa steam her hooha before she could have sex with Dmitri!!!!!

Oh gosh I remember that.  They showed a clip from that experience and she said Woot!  lol.  Can you imagine.  I wonder if Demitri had to steam his ding dong!  lol

• LOL 3