Type keyword(s) to search

S46.E14: Nick Jonas

• Start Topic

The Viking Voyager sketch had to be a Heidi idea.   The amusement park and ride are actually located in Kansas City where she’s from.   One of my favorite rides there as a kid and there was always drama with my friends about who rides with who in the log.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I thought this was pretty funny and it was enlightening to me! What makes women of a certain age start to watch these murder mysteries, missing person, mass killing shows etc.? I think it is very interesting from a psychological point of you. What is the deal?

I don't know about "of a certain age", because I watch these shows all the time. They fascinate me for some reason. 

Murder Show and Bachelor Home Makeover were spot on parodies.

• Love 1
On 2/28/2021 at 1:59 AM, Slade347 said:

The Murder Show song alone made this one of the better episodes of the season. I also really liked Cinderella, Dionne Warwick, Viking Voyager & the Boners clip. Weekend Update was strong tonight too. Overall, a pretty good episode heading into the break. 

I thought Week End Update Was Very Funny ! I kept Laughing and Laughing and Laughing !

On 2/28/2021 at 2:43 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

I thought the cockatoo backing slo-o-owly away from "Dionne" was the best part of the show! 

Still criminally under-using Melissa Villasenor. 

Actually, I Think They Used Her In Several Things !

20 minutes ago, Jody said:

Actually, I Think They Used Her In Several Things !

Haha! That's what I get for not watching the entire show! I fast-forwarded through the "Cinderella" skit, for example! 

I'm  getting addle-brained!

(edited)

The jokes are supposed to be timely. Is there really such a thing as too soon when they’re making fun of the news of the week?

Edited by amass
Edited to add, I was trying to only respond to the “too soon to joke about who can get vaccinated“ idea - and somehow lost it all when I tried to erase everything else....
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 2/28/2021 at 5:27 AM, Ottis said:

“I’m a spaceman” is the dumbest song lyric I have heard maybe ever.

I left the room for a bit and came back when he was singing I’m a Spaceman, and I thought for sure it was a sketch, I couldn’t believe that is a real song.

On 2/28/2021 at 8:27 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Seriously why team Big Gretch up with those guys? Just to provide commentary of how unfairly she’s been crapped on? 

I don’t think she’s very well liked in Michigan. They should have used gov Pritzker from Illinois, everyone hates him.

7 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Wow, Nick Jonas can't sing.

And what was the point of naming the kid "Cuck"? Do they not understand the origin of the word?

He really can’t sing.

You’re thinking of the real meaning.. look up the urbandictionary meaning.  It’s become an internet insult.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

You’re thinking of the real meaning.. look up the urbandictionary meaning.  It’s become an internet insult.

The first definition listed on UD is actually the correct one 😄

I stopped visiting that site years ago when it was clear that people were just making shit up to see if it would gain traction. 🙄

• Love 1
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:
On 2/28/2021 at 9:27 AM, Spartan Girl said:

I don’t think she’s very well liked in Wisconsin. They should have used gov Pritzker from Illinois, everyone hates him.

She’s the governor of Michigan not Wisconsin.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 2/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, Irlandesa said:

Real song (with different lyrics, obviously.) It's the song Drink With Me from Les Miserables.  Nick Jonas was in the 25th Anniversary special shown on PBS. 

Murder Shows wasn't quite on the level of the Zillow song in making me feel seen but close.  I did love the cult show add on. 

I also liked the Bachelor Party skit. 

Thanks for the info! Funny thing, I have seen Les Miz a bunch of times, but that sing didn't register with me.  Altho I love drinking AND toasting to just about anything, anyone, and everything under the sun. Loved the kitten. Very vocal!

And I might have been known to watch a lot of ID channel murder shows at the beginning of my WFH period...and I may watch Forensic Files on an occasional basis, so I did laugh at Murder Shows. I had no idea I was part of a cohort. I just need to have something on that I don't have to pay a lot of attention to.

Edited by Red Bridey
Added more thoughts.
On 2/28/2021 at 12:09 PM, saber5055 said:

I laughed so hard at the news announcement that Jeep is renaming its Cherokee the Aunt Jemima. I have no idea what that says about me.

And wasn't it something even more ridiculous, like The Aunt Jemima Wagon? I loved that joke too! 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, amass said:

The jokes are supposed to be timely. Is there really such a thing as too soon when they’re making fun of the news of the week?

I was thinking that the cold open may be the single best summary of what life is like in first quarter 2021, for future sociologists.

• Love 2
On 2/28/2021 at 2:40 PM, Pete Martell said:

This is the third time this season Kate has played Fauci. This was probably the best of the three as there was at least a purpose beyond mugging. 

Why do you suppose they keep letting her do these drag impressions? Does anyone else in the cast or on the writing staff think they're funny? Or is it simply that Kate at this point is she who must be obeyed?

22 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

Why do you suppose they keep letting her do these drag impressions? Does anyone else in the cast or on the writing staff think they're funny? Or is it simply that Kate at this point is she who must be obeyed?

I imagine being a big part of the show for a decade (and also staying with the show rather than leaving for greener pastures) means you get more say, but I think at this point they may just keep doing this because it's easier. Kate as Rudy or Fauci or what have you will automatically get some laughs or make some viewers happy, similar to Kristen's wacky characters, or Will Ferrell as Bush, or Jimmy Fallon and Horatio Sanz cracking up, etc. It's a crutch they can use to write the cold opens they always seem to struggle with, or to end sketches (like the Super Bowl party from Dan Levy's episode), etc. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

I think her male impressions are all starting to be the same. 

• Love 2
On 2/28/2021 at 11:06 AM, Pete Martell said:

Not sure anything has been said officially but SNL Stats on Twitter said it will be a block of three, then a two-week break, then another block of three to end the season.

I don't remember what they did in February Or when This was Originally On and I don't remember how many They Did Whether this was Three And Maybe NOT Four, But This was Three Shows Not Two Shows ! They Had Daniel, The Man With The Twinkly Pretty Eyes And Nick Jonas ! ! ! How Ever, I read That There Will Be THREE More Shows Like You Said And That Will be the End OF The Season ! We Know Next week's Host And Musical Guest, But we Don't Know The Last Two Hosts OR Musical Guests ! !