Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: How Do You Know If You're In Love?

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Ryan was into Clara until...they had that couch talk and she recited her whole sexual history from high school and the frat boys til all those men and sexual encounters later.

I saw him gulp and I don't think he's recovered!

You might have a point.  It's not like he was expecting to be married to a virgin, but he's thinking she's been rode hard and put away wet.  Frankly, I think Chatty Clara shared too much information, and too soon.  

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

You might have a point.  It's not like he was expecting to be married to a virgin, but he's thinking she's been rode hard and put away wet.  Frankly, I think Chatty Clara shared too much information, and too soon.  

For sure.  She shared more and more and his eyes got bigger and bigger.  I wish I could bring that clip over!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I mean really.  Why oh why did she reveal who and how many she slept with.  What is he now, number 50, 30 25, 10?   Sloppy seconds, thirds, fourths, etc.  Don’t think he liked that.  Dumb.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Chris is not living with Paige. I no longer feel sorry for her. Is some producer waving a contract at her forcing her to stay on this show? 
Jake is really mad at Haley, I don’t blame him. 

Maybe this is the first time someone spoke about her flaws to her face.  She was livid.  She reminds me of someone who doesn’t forget either, or forgives.  At this point, she’s so pissed she’s boiling inside.  How dare him?  If I were her, I would have called him up and told him to come join them all.  He goes down for a bite and finds them all there.  Very hurtful and inconsiderate of her.  This is your honeymoon, not a girls night out after four days.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Haley seems inordinately hostile toward Jake. If she's truly not lying, you'd think she'd want to make it right & not derail & be so defensive.

Jake called her out.  Busted.  No one ever spoke to her that way apparently.

• Love 14

I felt sorry for Paige last week.  This week?  Not so much.  

Chris has not only told her but shown her with actions what a very special asshat he is.  He's a manipulator and someone who gets off on emotional battery.  I could understand her a lot more if she had a long term relationship with him but they have been together a week.  There should be a relatively low level of investment here, from everyone.  Given that Chris began his fuckery on their wedding night, Paige most definitely should not have bonded or formed anything with him.  She is obviously codependent.  She didn't need marriage; she needed a good therapist.  If a guy is telling you to your face that he wants a divorce, he's still in love with his ex, she's having his baby, and then saying what a great woman she is -- all before then allegedly telling you he's afraid of falling in love with you, he's a player, he's a fuckwit and he's not worth doing anything with, other than running the hell away as fast as you can.

I have a feeling Paige will keep sleeping with Chris but lie about it until Decision Day (or until they do finally break up for good.)   

Vincent obviously has a trigger and it's self esteem.  As Brianna is more of a joker, that might not bode well.

I like Clara and Ryan together and I think they'll make it work.  Neither needs to worry about the "L" word.  It will happen when it happens.  Shocked to hear that they aren't having sex.

I like Eric and I think Virginia is going to do a number on him.  He's been married before and he seems to know what he wants -- which ultimately will not be Virginia.  What made the "experts" believe she was ready for marriage?  I'd say she's not ready for the cats and dog she has.  Her entire life revolves around cocktails, period.  Tough talk with Pastor Cal?  Drinks are in order!  Honeymoon?  Drinks are in order!  Moving in together?  Drinks are in order!  Nice weather?  Drinks are in order!   I really don't understand her making it very clear that she will need space and time to herself when she's married to a pilot who is going to be gone half the month.  Never mind Virginia thinking that getting so drunk that you have to pass out on a friend's couch is just a normal Thursday, Friday and Saturday - and then not understanding why  Eric and Pastor Cal take issue with that.  Girl, if you are 26 years old and can't control your drinking to understand that you need to be able to drive yourself home at the end of the night, you have a problem.  

I like Jake and I think he got the short end of the stick with Haley (the stick that is clearly way up her butt).  So he apologized for going off at her (which he should have, although I understand why he went off) but she didn't apologize to him for lying to him about the girls' dinner and leaving him to his own devices while everyone was having dinner?  Sorry not sorry but I find that incredibly shitty.  It's their honeymoon and it's the last night.  At least suck it up enough to get through your honeymoon and then maybe ask for some space.

Jake is quirky but I find it an interesting quirky.  I mean, he's not talking about his one square like Bennett, he doesn't wear a dress to bed, he's not adverse to daily showers and clean hair.  And while his home is a homage to the 1980s, it's not a tiny home without running water like Bennett's.  

I think Jake needed someone who would appreciate his love of the 80s, even if they didn't feel the same way.  Haley doesn't have to love the 80s as Jake does but she could laugh at it instead of looking as though she just smelled something foul.  

Has Haley even said what she's interested in?  She just appears so humorless and lifeless to me.  Everything appears to bore her.  Like Virginia, I have to wonder why she decided she needed to marry.  At least Jake is trying.  I can practically see the timer on the eight weeks actively running in Haley's head.  

I think she decided she didn't like him on the wedding day and she has shut down and that is that (even though they apparently had alcohol-induced sex while in Vegas.)    

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I felt sorry for Paige last week.  This week?  Not so much.  

Chris has not only told her but shown her with actions what a very special asshat he is.  He's a manipulator and someone who gets off on emotional battery.  I could understand her a lot more if she had a long term relationship with him but they have been together a week.  There should be a relatively low level of investment here, from everyone.  Given that Chris began his fuckery on their wedding night, Paige most definitely should not have bonded or formed anything with him.  She is obviously codependent.  She didn't need marriage; she needed a good therapist.  If a guy is telling you to your face that he wants a divorce, he's still in love with his ex, she's having his baby, and then saying what a great woman she is -- all before then allegedly telling you he's afraid of falling in love with you, he's a player, he's a fuckwit and he's not worth doing anything with, other than running the hell away as fast as you can.

I have a feeling Paige will keep sleeping with Chris but lie about it until Decision Day (or until they do finally break up for good.)   

Vincent obviously has a trigger and it's self esteem.  As Brianna is more of a joker, that might not bode well.

I like Clara and Ryan together and I think they'll make it work.  Neither needs to worry about the "L" word.  It will happen when it happens.  Shocked to hear that they aren't having sex.

I like Eric and I think Virginia is going to do a number on him.  He's been married before and he seems to know what he wants -- which ultimately will not be Virginia.  What made the "experts" believe she was ready for marriage?  I'd say she's not ready for the cats and dog she has.  Her entire life revolves around cocktails, period.  Tough talk with Pastor Cal?  Drinks are in order!  Honeymoon?  Drinks are in order!  Moving in together?  Drinks are in order!  Nice weather?  Drinks are in order!   I really don't understand her making it very clear that she will need space and time to herself when she's married to a pilot who is going to be gone half the month.  Never mind Virginia thinking that getting so drunk that you have to pass out on a friend's couch is just a normal Thursday, Friday and Saturday - and then not understanding why  Eric and Pastor Cal take issue with that.  Girl, if you are 26 years old and can't control your drinking to understand that you need to be able to drive yourself home at the end of the night, you have a problem.  

I like Jake and I think he got the short end of the stick with Haley (the stick that is clearly way up her butt).  So he apologized for going off at her (which he should have, although I understand why he went off) but she didn't apologize to him for lying to him about the girls' dinner and leaving him to his own devices while everyone was having dinner?  Sorry not sorry but I find that incredibly shitty.  It's their honeymoon and it's the last night.  At least suck it up enough to get through your honeymoon and then maybe ask for some space.

Jake is quirky but I find it an interesting quirky.  I mean, he's not talking about his one square like Bennett, he doesn't wear a dress to bed, he's not adverse to daily showers and clean hair.  And while his home is a homage to the 1980s, it's not a tiny home without running water like Bennett's.  

I think Jake needed someone who would appreciate his love of the 80s, even if they didn't feel the same way.  Haley doesn't have to love the 80s as Jake does but she could laugh at it instead of looking as though she just smelled something foul.  

Has Haley even said what she's interested in?  She just appears so humorless and lifeless to me.  Everything appears to bore her.  Like Virginia, I have to wonder why she decided she needed to marry.  At least Jake is trying.  I can practically see the timer on the eight weeks actively running in Haley's head.  

I think she decided she didn't like him on the wedding day and she has shut down and that is that (even though they apparently had alcohol-induced sex while in Vegas.)    

YES, a thousand times.  Everything.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 8

I've been rooting for Jake but last night his behavior was inexcusable.  There was a smugness about him that was very unattractive.  Calling Hailey "high maintenance" and a "Karen".  It would be one thing if he knew her for a few years, but they've been married less than two weeks.  And then accusing her of having a guy on the side.  All this time in the previews they've shown the same scene where he says that.  I've been assuming she did, only to find out he made it up in his head because it's happened to him before.  Too damn bad.  You don't accuse your spouse, let alone a total stranger, of infidelity unless you have a damn good case against them.

And this whole 80s fetish....it's ALL HE TALKS ABOUT.  He brings it up constantly because he relishes the eyeroll or the 'wtf' so he can be superior and let everyone know what a nonconformist he is.  You see how he makes a big production of showing those jackets and shoes?  He WANTS to get a reaction out of people.  He's be devastated if someone said 'cool...I love it' because that would take away his thing, like a hook that a performer needs.  That's his one claim to fame in his eyes and he's not about to lose it.  

Regarding Hailey, I don't think she's a bad person.  I'm more convinced than ever that there's something physical about Jake that drives her up the wall and no matter how hard she tries, she cant get over it.  It could be something sensory or maybe he's got hideous toes.  Maybe they aren't compatible in bed.  But it's something that she's too ashamed to reveal because she knows not only would it be humiliating for Jake and would hurt him very much, but it would make her look shallow.  She's done...nothing will change it.  But I do think she shouldn't have told Rev Cal that she was willing to work on the marriage.  I don't believe she can.  As many of us have said, she's kind of repulsed by him. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, JapMo said:

I've been rooting for Jake but last night his behavior was inexcusable.  There was a smugness about him that was very unattractive.  Calling Hailey "high maintenance" and a "Karen".  It would be one thing if he knew her for a few years, but they've been married less than two weeks.  And then accusing her of having a guy on the side.  All this time in the previews they've shown the same scene where he says that.  I've been assuming she did, only to find out he made it up in his head because it's happened to him before.  Too damn bad.  You don't accuse your spouse, let alone a total stranger, of infidelity unless you have a damn good case against them.

And this whole 80s fetish....it's ALL HE TALKS ABOUT.  He brings it up constantly because he relishes the eyeroll or the 'wtf' so he can be superior and let everyone know what a nonconformist he is.  You see how he makes a big production of showing those jackets and shoes?  He WANTS to get a reaction out of people.  He's be devastated if someone said 'cool...I love it' because that would take away his thing, like a hook that a performer needs.  That's his one claim to fame in his eyes and he's not about to lose it.  

Regarding Hailey, I don't think she's a bad person.  I'm more convinced than ever that there's something physical about Jake that drives her up the wall and no matter how hard she tries, she cant get over it.  It could be something sensory or maybe he's got hideous toes.  Maybe they aren't compatible in bed.  But it's something that she's too ashamed to reveal because she knows not only would it be humiliating for Jake and would hurt him very much, but it would make her look shallow.  She's done...nothing will change it.  But I do think she shouldn't have told Rev Cal that she was willing to work on the marriage.  I don't believe she can.  As many of us have said, she's kind of repulsed by him. 

Yes, yes, yes to all of this. 

Looking back, Jake began to lose me when he was in bed, shirtless, on their wedding night.  I think he wanted Haley and us to see his ooooh so magnificent chest 🙄, and what a great body he thinks he has (thanks to steak and eggs).  It certainly didn't work for me.  

Edited by Crashcourse
Haley, not Hales
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Always looking for a new genteel way of telling someone to GFY...merci.

I cannot take credit for this. Sarah D. Bunting of this very website used to say it about Brandon Walsh in the Again With This podcast all the time. I've picked it up in my vernacular and I love it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Clara reminds me of Gwen Stefani.

I agree and just wish that her hair didn't require almost constant "re-touching" because the color looks great until the roots start to appear.  However, I know that's a "style" now (having dark roots) so maybe that's the look she's going for, but somehow I doubt it.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, karenbrady said:

DUDE! I don't know your name after all these weeks but SHUT UP with all the 80's chatter already! Enough is enough and it's neither cute nor entertaining. Ughhhh. 

This! Jacob comes across like a (bad) TV sitcom character, stuck in the 80s.  It’s not cute and it’s beyond quirky. Ugh.

• Love 6
On 2/24/2021 at 7:25 PM, Straycat80 said:

Haley talking about taste while she’s wearing a shirt the same hideous color as the apartment bedspread. 

And Birkenstock sandals!

(I mean, I have those too, but I'm not over here criticizing people's taste.)

23 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I know Virginia needed a drink after Pastor Cal left. 

Good thing she had one in her hand.

23 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Of course, Chris isn’t joining, Cal, you knew that. 

And Cal's face when Paige told him about the pregnancy!

😲 <--- Pastor Cal

C'mon, Cal, you knew that already!

22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m lost too, what did Bri say that was disrespectful? Sounded like she was joking about the shirt.  Vince is being a bit overly sensitive IMO. And he left? 

Brianna was kinda making fun of him for spilling the wine. I know she was joking, but he isn't the type to handle teasing well.* That being said, I think Brianna does come across as a smarty pants. When he got mad and said he was going home, she said to the camera "we live here. This is home."  That was a smart remark, she knew what he meant.

* i wonder what is the sibling dynamic. How did he handle sibling teasing growing up.

22 hours ago, Cammi said:

Virginia is NOT wife material. Period. She is a party girl lush. No I don’t see her changing. Sorry. I think she LIKES her life as is. Which begs the point, why get married? Honestly, what did she think marriage was? 

Virginia in talking head: "Eric thinks my partying is just a phase, but it's not. That's who I am."

2 minutes later...

Virginia to Pastor Cal: "Me going out on the weekend is just a phase."

I'm sure Virginia doesn't drink 24/7, Jake doesn't always talk the 80s, Haley doesn't always have a stank face, etc.

Is this a game of Two Truths, One Lie?

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, rebel2u said:

Chris has the emotional maturity of a 15 year old.  He couldn't keep that goofy grin off his face when he showed up while Pastor Cal was talking to Paige. I can't figure out what his end game is.  To get 2 women pregnant?  To keep stringing Paige along because he knows she'll stick by him if he just throws her a few crumbs now and then? So he can keep having sex with her and have his self image as a powerful man reinforced? 

23 hours ago, Cammi said:

Somebody needs to throat punch CHRIS and wipe that narcissistic smirk off his ugly mug.  He was ENJOYING treating her like this and getting away with it. 

Someone in last week's forum absolutely nailed it with their explanation of Chris and his narcissism (sorry, I don't remember who it was).  The part I am in awe of that they wrote, was how he will keep going to fully triangulate the relationship, and we already saw the start of that today, with what he whispered to her on the couch after having said how great the fiancee was...and then next week we see the height of his achievement with the three of them meeting together.  

3 hours ago, JapMo said:

Bingo!

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Looking back, Jake began to lose me when he was in bed, shirtless, on their wedding night.  I think he wanted Haley and us to see his ooooh so magnificent chest 🙄, and what a great body he thinks he has (thanks to steak and eggs).  It certainly didn't work for me.  

Yeah, me too, and I can't figure it out because ordinarily I'm a big fan of a shirtless guy with a decent body, in a bed...but something about seeing Jake that way was actually a turnoff.

On 2/24/2021 at 8:25 PM, Crashcourse said:

There's a creepy intensity about Jake that I find off-putting.  So I'm team Haley. 

But oddly, there's also sometimes a creepy lack of intensity, where he is weirdly soft-spoken, kind of mumbles his words, and sort of trails off his thoughts...

• Love 6

Here come the queen size beds again ..ugh...I’d be absolutely sleeping in different rooms and not share a queen. 

On a separate note, I’m done feeling bad for Paige. Absolutely ridiculous and irresponsible behavior. Borderline dumb. It is ok to dislike both Chris and Paige, you know, for different reasons. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Who was Paige yelling and cussing to on the phone? At first I thought it was one of the other housewives, then I thought maybe a producer, then a poster said it was Chris. Anybody know? 

On the screen, it said that she was talking to a producer.

11 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Vincent and Jake are similar in that have wounds from previous relationships that haven’t fully healed. Jake has insecurities about Hailey lying and cheating because someone else lied and cheated. Vincent thinks Brianna is insulting him because someone else had no faith in him. 

Yep, and I have a feeling that neither of them are aware of this baggage/dynamic, which will make it much harder for Haley and Brianna.

23 hours ago, HZAnita said:

He may have had an experience where he was belittled all the time, but he has to understand that Briana not coming from a bad place when she says things.  And she has to understand that sometimes her comments may not come across as intended.  

This really is what it boils down to, and it makes me wish I could just grab each of them through the screen and talk some sense into them.  I like them as a couple, and really feel for them, how the situation started out sort of minor, then it just sort of turned and they tried to discuss it, and then it just went to hell.

7 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Love can be unconditional but relationships, especially romances are conditional. 

I have never heard this before...I really like it.  I can say for damn sure that although I love my husband very very much, there are some things that if he did them, the marriage would be over!

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 2/24/2021 at 9:13 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

If I were Paige, I’d give Cal a piece of my mind. Of course, Chris isn’t joining, Cal, you knew that. 

I was soooo hoping that Paige would have the guts (and the spunk) to chew out P. Cal and the other 'experts.'  I'm almost less concerned with the debacle that is Paige & Chris than with the mean streaks shown by the 'unholy trinity' that permitted it to happen for "production drama."  Shame on the 3 'experts' and production for messing with human lives.  (And a major BOO to P. Cal for 'acting' indignant when Paige 'revealed' (cough, cough, ahem) the info about Chris's girlfriend being pregnant.  A real shocker, eh P. Cal?? (As a Union NYC actor, please feel free to allow me to refer you to some fine Acting Academies that may help make your MAFS "shock reactions" more believable.)  And here's hoping that you & your fellow 'experts' will be kinder should future seasons come to be.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

However, what did it for me was the fact that she pretty regularly passes out on the couches of her male friends while having PETS at home waiting for her.

Thank you! So glad to see people calling her out on that. Pet parenting is a serious responsibility and you can’t just not come home randomly like that

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Haley would have been better matched with a Henry type.

Henry is low key, has gal pals, has good manners, dresses nicely enough, socializes well...and is the type of guy who will be patient enough for Haley to warm up to him.

Henry is exactly the guy you bring to your humongous friend group...he can get along with the guys, as well with the girls and can make polite conversation one on one.

Haley can leave Henry to his own devices knowing he won’t say anything to embarrass her or himself.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I always am amused when people like Chris or Hailey seem put off by their partners' looks- if someone at minimum wants mutual attraction, why not date on apps or be set up by friends like everyone else these days? The odds are, they're not going to find the gorgeous/handsome model  they pictured in their mind on this show; instead they'll find someone from the hundred or so people who applied who didn't have a criminal record and had enough clearance from work to film for weeks on end.  Even if they are cast and do stay married, most "success stories" I have seen from this show seem forced and one sided in attraction and love. 

• Love 7

I have many strong opinions on the fuckery in this episode, but the only expertise I have to offer is that you don't just casually toss a little muffin dog into the household of an established pack of three.  If Jake's one aggressive dog had managed to get to Haley's dog and attacked her, the other two would have joined in tearing the little visitor dog apart.   That's not a clip you'd want to be showing, MAFS. 

Do better, pet people.

Edited by candall
  • Useful 6
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, candall said:

I have many strong opinions on the fuckery in this episode, but the only expertise I have to offer is that you don't just casually toss a little muffin dog into the household of an established pack of three.  If Jake's one aggressive dog had managed to get to Haley's dog and attacked her, the other two would have joined in tearing the little visitor dog apart.   That's not a clip you'd want to be showing, MAFS. 

Do better, pet people.

At least Haley was holding her dog while Jake took each of his out separately. I've mentioned our last trainer said dogs should never meet on leash as that often ends up in a fight. Safer would probably have been Jake's dog unleashed while Haley held her little one. But still, trying to merge a bunch of dogs with a new little stranger dog is not a smart match either - so this couple was wrong for so many reasons.

Last season Brett & Olivia's cats didn't get along either.

So they're matching people who each have pets, & that's dicey as not all pets are going to easily adapt to not just another person, but another animal. So even if the couple might have a chance, that can end up being a deal breaker.

Again, an 'expert' failure.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 2/24/2021 at 6:35 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Ugh, I loathe Haley.  She’s wearing a damn t-shirt and jeans, acting like she’s too good for his Members Only jacket. 

I didn't think she thought she was too good for it, but instead that she didn't know what it was.  So his saying it was an authentic Members Only jacket didn't impress.

11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Yes.  What’s wrong with the eighties?  I don’t even remember.  Was that Disco andJohn Travolta time?  If so, I love the 80’s too.

Disco was late 70s, and it might have an actual date of death:  July 12, 1979, at Comiskey Park.

9 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I thought maybe the show was exaggerating Jake's 80's love, but it is really a lot. It is more than just "I like 80's movies and music". It's like his life revolves around this. That is strange considering he is really too young to remember the 80's firsthand.

I was 23 in 1980, and remember the 80s well.  AIDS and crack come to mind.  And those godawful brides with frizzy hair and lacy headbands.  And those sleeves!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Yes.  What’s wrong with the eighties?  I don’t even remember.  Was that Disco andJohn Travolta time? 

That was the late 70s! 😄   1980s was Molly Ringwald, Boy George, adult Michael Jackson and Wham!

11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

A few thoughts on Virginia's drinking:

• As someone else said, I don't buy that she only drinks Thursday - Saturday. I would guess she has a few drinks at home every night and then Thursday - Saturday are for going out and bingeing.

That's why you buy the box! 😄 

9 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Vincent has a point. There are some people in the world who feel they need to belittle their partner. Men often do it to woman to feel superior. She has known him for only 7 days and she characterizes him getting champagne on himself as a Vincent move. What does it mean that he's a buffoon of some sort? She doesn't know him well enough to say that's a Vincent move. It was disrespectful and I admire him for jumping on top of it because it won't get better it will only get worse. I know I'm in a situation where I'm accused of being a certain way and at first it is just in jest but at some point the caricature becomes a perceived reality. I still have hope for them however.

I agree if he didn't know or found it offensive to bring it up.  My problem with him was the sulking, making her beg to know what she did, and the storming out.

9 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I totally related to Ryan's neat freak on the outside/hot mess on the inside. That is exactly how I roll. I don't like to see clutter, but not much organization going on in the drawers. I am really liking their dynamic. I think Clara seems fun and easy to get along with. The consummation conversation was funny - obvi they have been messing around some, so I think they will be fine. I am glad PC told him to stop just waiting for some "feeling" that he can't identify. It's got to be more than that and I hope that makes him think about it in a different way.

Ha ha I'm the exact opposite - I'll leave stuff piled on my dining room table for weeks, or clean laundry stacked all over the guest room beds, until I can put things neatly away in their proper places 😄   I have hopes for them too, and Clara is probably - of all MAFS people ever - the one I am surprised each week to find myself liking more and more!

9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Ginny wants to go out, get shitfaced and pass out on her straight male besties couches without so much as a word to her husband about where she is or what she's doing. She will never be ready for marriage until every last one of her friends are settled down and starting to have kids. Even then, she will probably day drink home alone all day every day while her hubby is off flying the friendly skies. She really pulled one over on the experts. 

Tricky girl - usually they're so astute 😂😂😂

9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Paige can speak above a whisper when she wants to.  I take it you didn't hear her screaming, "f---you and f--- that bitch" to Chris on the phone.  Had it not been for the caller ID, I would have guessed it was someone else.  For the first time, she had a lot of bass in her voice.  I disagree with her cursing the other woman, because she doesn't know her and she wasn't the one who deceived her.

She wasn't talking to him - she was talking about him.  She said something like "I'm going to talk to Pastor Cal and expose all of his shit and everything he's done!"

9 hours ago, Sycophant4Lease said:

Pepper continued, "But does a lot of it break my heart, as much of it has broken yours? Do I understand your disgust? Of course I do. We must take responsibility for this match -- but I assure you the Chris we all see now, is not the Chris we met and married to Paige."

^^Pepper from that article.  Pepper!  The Chris you met and married to Paige was engaged to someone else a few months ago!  Didn't you think that mattered at all?  It wasn't a red flag to any of you who market yourself as experts?  Unless an "expert" publicly says that Chris lied to them about being engaged earlier in the year, they can STFU with their excuses about him.

7 hours ago, glitterpussy said:

I totally feel like this about these two.  While VA is a hot mess and has a real problem, I do not like how Erik speaks to her.  He's so condescending.  If he's such a  big relationship expert, why is he divorced? And all his rules and what he will and won't allow. Texting when you get somewhere? Asking permission to go out? WTF? Pastor Cal too, I did not appreciate piling on. Like you didn't know this about her when you matched her!

I think what Virginia thinks of as rules and asking permission, he thinks of as courtesy amongst husband and wife.  If a spouse asks you to let them know you got somewhere safely, or to text when you're leaving so they know you're on your way home, why is that offensive?  Even if it makes you roll your eyes because you think you're fine, is it that hard to make the other feel better?  And based on their discussion, I felt that what she thought was "asking permission" was in his mind being courteous.  Several years ago I went to a friend's bachelorette party - it was a little farther home than I'm used to going, it was going to be a small town walking pub crawl, and I didn't want to have to police myself so I decided I was going to spend the night at my friend's house on the sofa and have fun drinking up that night.  To Mr P I said, "Hey, here's what I want to do - do you mind?"  I wasn't asking permission, just being courteous and considering his feelings.  Another thing about being married - one of us might be invited to an event without the other, and one says "Hey, I was going to do ____ this Saturday" and the other says, "You can't because we're already doing _____".  And I think Eric would be happy with that.  (Once in a while of course, not every single Thursday, Friday and Saturday that he's not working 😄 )

7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Chris took a flight to Chicago from Las Vegas to get back with his ex and fetu$.

Paige, always the doormat humped Chris' bags to McCarran,  checked them in paying for 2 extra luggage on her credit card and corralled 4 pieces of rolling luggage in her car back in ATL to get back to him.

If it were me...they would be riding on the luggage carousel for hours until the airport staff pulled them off and left them by baggage claim.

Ha!  You're nicer than me - if it were me the airport cops in Las Vegas would be trying to figure out who owned the unattended luggage! 😄 

• Love 9

I'm no fan of Haley but Jake requires too much work. Ooh, an authentic Members Only jacket, wow! Nope, he'd never get rid of it then. Nor should he, it's super cool to him. In his time warp weirdness. Where he will remain alone or, as someone smart upthread suggested, one of his buddies fixes him up with a kindred spirit. Should there be a past-president of the MacGyver fan club floating around town, go for it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Haley's dog moves away from her & snuggles up to Jake... trying to get out of the cold, maybe.

Right now I just can't understand all the Jake hate

Dogs can tell right away who the good peeps are. Haley is cold and her smile is so fake as she is clenching her teeth.

Jake is a little quirky but so what? He is trying but she doesn't contribute anything to their conversations. She wasn't attracted from day one but got boozed up one night and regrets the sex. Jake sees her pulling away and on her phone constantly and then the girls night exclusion. It was interesting that Ryan and Erik said nothing about it on Unfiltered. Jamie O did ask Ryan his opinion but rather than talk about his own participation and whether or not he bolted upon seeing Jake come down, Ryan talked in generalities about communication, what Haley and Jake should do....yada yada yada. It was strange.

I dislike Haley and think she is uncompromising and stuck up. She thinks she is better than Jake.  Team Jake

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Brianna was kinda making fun of him for spilling the wine. I know she was joking, but he isn't the type to handle teasing well.

I get the sense that Brianna is the sort that says mean things but when she is called on it just says “I was just joking” or “I’m just honest”. Not everyone is ok with that, as it seems her husband was not, except instead of saying “you hurt my feelings”, he said “you were disrespectful”. Kind of like last season Henry calling Christina impatient when in truth she was just rude.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Plus, both his parents are ministers and he is fairly conservative.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I dislike Paige more than Chris at this point. This man has showed you and told you just what type of guy he is countless times. Listen to him. Read the signs!

Amen! She is just pathetic at this stage in the game. I'm constantly disgusted by her reactions to Chris. He's using her and she knows it yet she still wants to be with him??? Huh??? Girl bye.

2 hours ago, buttersister said:

I'm no fan of Haley but Jake requires too much work. Ooh, an authentic Members Only jacket, wow! Nope, he'd never get rid of it then. Nor should he, it's super cool to him. In his time warp weirdness. Where he will remain alone or, as someone smart upthread suggested, one of his buddies fixes him up with a kindred spirit. Should there be a past-president of the MacGyver fan club floating around town, go for it.

Totally with you on this. Look, I adore the 80's! I watch 80's movies all the time and listen to 80's music a lot. It's a great decade and it was a fun time for entertainment and nostalgia. BUT, that is not my issue with Jake. My issue with Jake is that he's devoid of ANY personality. He seems mentally stunted in a weird way. He doesn't talk about anything other then his house, his steaks and the 80's. He's very, very, very awkward and he should have been paired with someone who was more mellow and "dorky" like him. Haley isn't into him. She's totally not a fan.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, TzuShih said:

It SHOULD BE!!!  🐕🐩🐕🐩   😁💘😍💘

I was thinking about this too...like, if they matched me to someone who had cats I would be divorced instantly because of my allergies to them. Aren't they asking the couples these questions? Why is Eric complaining about his cat allergies? Why match him to someone with cats?!?

• Love 9
16 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Let's do the math...Jacob is 38 years old...

An paushe has a dead/ex husband who left  a closet full of Members Only jackets in 42 chest, acid wash Jordache jeans in 34 waist,  Jake would be in  retro heaven.

https://vintagedancer.com/1980s/80s-mens-fashion-clothing-for-guys/

My late husband was a 42 regular with a 34 waist! He also worked out! No "Members Only" jackets, though, alas. I remember the 80s, Jake! I swear I don't look 71! 😅😅😅

Might I add: If Jake had only decorated his house in the style of the 1950s, all Scandinavian blonde furniture and sun-ray wall clocks, he'd be considered a Mid-Century Modern design genius! 

Just Googled original vintage 80s "Members Only" jacket. Not exactly the Rolls Royce of jackets, Jake's kind being offered for $25--$40 on eBay. 

But as for Jake's love of neon, this is where Haley showed her real (as opposed to chronological) ignorance, for neon has been a staple of the modern art world. Why, there's even a museum!

https://www.neonmona.org

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, princelina said:

I think what Virginia thinks of as rules and asking permission, he thinks of as courtesy amongst husband and wife.  If a spouse asks you to let them know you got somewhere safely, or to text when you're leaving so they know you're on your way home, why is that offensive?  Even if it makes you roll your eyes because you think you're fine, is it that hard to make the other feel better?  And based on their discussion, I felt that what she thought was "asking permission" was in his mind being courteous.  Several years ago I went to a friend's bachelorette party - it was a little farther home than I'm used to going, it was going to be a small town walking pub crawl, and I didn't want to have to police myself so I decided I was going to spend the night at my friend's house on the sofa and have fun drinking up that night.  To Mr P I said, "Hey, here's what I want to do - do you mind?"  I wasn't asking permission, just being courteous and considering his feelings.  Another thing about being married - one of us might be invited to an event without the other, and one says "Hey, I was going to do ____ this Saturday" and the other says, "You can't because we're already doing _____".  And I think Eric would be happy with that.  (Once in a while of course, not every single Thursday, Friday and Saturday that he's not working 😄 )

I agree with you 100%. You definitely said it better than I could have. I think it’s more of a misunderstanding between them. But we will see. 

• Love 4

I graduated high school in 1985.  I lived through the 80s as a teen.  For the life of me, I can't think of one thing that makes me feel nostalgic at all about that era.  So it's really odd to me that Jacob does.  Maybe it was The Wedding Singer that he saw as a kid and thought the 80s were the greatest thing ever.

His reaction to Haley was so over the top for two people that just met that it's red flag material.   I really liked him at first, but that was high drama for just a few days together.  

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I graduated high school in 1985.  I lived through the 80s as a teen.  For the life of me, I can't think of one thing that makes me feel nostalgic at all about that era.  So it's really odd to me that Jacob does.  Maybe it was The Wedding Singer that he saw as a kid and thought the 80s were the greatest thing ever.

His reaction to Haley was so over the top for two people that just met that it's red flag material.   I really liked him at first, but that was high drama for just a few days together.  

1986 grad here!   

I think the issue with Jake and Haley and his love of the 80s isn't so much that his love of that era isn't "right" or is bizarre; it's that Haley (at least on camera) hasn't once even asked him why he likes the decade so much.  

She doesn't have to share the same fondness but since Jake is her husband, she should at least try to understand why he enjoys it so much.  It's really no different, at least in my mind, than someone who is into football or a genre of books/movies/music, etc.  I learned about football from my ex because he was into it and I wanted to understand something he enjoyed and make it something we could enjoy together.

I said this in my previous post but have we even seen or been told what Haley's hobbies and likes are?  She just seems so void of personality to me.  At least Jake is trying.  He loves the 80s, he's into his house and obviously loves his dogs - she's not meeting him anywhere on those lines, much less halfway.

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

1986 grad here!   

I think the issue with Jake and Haley and his love of the 80s isn't so much his love of that era isn't right or bizarre; it's that Haley (at least on camera) hasn't once even asked him why he likes the decade so much.  

She doesn't have to share the same fondness but since Jake is her husband, she should at least try to understand why he enjoys it so much.  It's really no different, at least in my mind, than someone who is into football or a genre of books/movies/music, etc.  I learned about football from my ex because he was into it and I wanted to understand something he enjoyed and make it something we could enjoy together.

I said this in my previous post but have we even seen or been told what Haley's hobbies and likes are?  She just seems so void of personality to me.  At least Jake is trying.  He loves the 80s, he's into his house and obviously loves his dogs - she's not meeting him anywhere on those lines, much less halfway.

There's no question she's not into it.  I think if she had a real attraction to him, then she might view that as quirky and cute as long as it stays in the basement.

But most people can relate to a passion for sports -- you can watch football every Sunday during the fall.   Other than listening to 80s music and fashion, it just doesn't seem like something you'd talk about being passionate about constantly.  

I have a FB friend who loves Donny Osmond.  Posts about him all the time.  It's clear that she thinks this obsession makes her quirky and interesting while everyone else groans and thinks it's odd.    I suspect Jacob thinks the same thing -- that this obsession makes him quirky, interesting.   

If that's all Jacob can talk about, it would get really old, really quick.  And he seems to talk about that a lot.  So while it might be nice of her to ask questions, I think I'd be rolling my eyes in my head if that seemed to be a singular focus.

I mean imagine if all Haley wanted to do was wear flapper outfits and talk about the roaring 20s.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

But as for Jake's love of neon, this is where Haley showed her real (as opposed to chronological) ignorance, for neon has been a staple of the modern art world. Why, there's even a museum!

I don't hate neon at all, I love vintage signs of yesteryear but what Jake had on the wall was an LCD panel with neon colors so that is a no go for me. 

The 80's were fun, it was my era for running around crazy for a bit but when I look at my 80's styles they were not my favorite, not horrible but no stand outs for me, not sure why Jake wants to revel in acid wash jeans or parachute pants when his body looks good he should get some clothes that flatter all his hard work he has done in the gym.  

My deal breaker would have been the sleeveless shirt he boarded the plane in, suns out guns out sort of thing is not my fave look for men if out in public and not in a gym or the beach.

Has anyone else thought about Jake having a neon guy ala The Office/Holly and Michael's St. Pauli Girl's sign.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't hate neon at all, I love vintage signs of yesteryear but what Jake had on the wall was an LCD panel with neon colors so that is a no go for me. 

The 80's were fun, it was my era for running around crazy for a bit but when I look at my 80's styles they were not my favorite, not horrible but no stand outs for me, not sure why Jake wants to revel in acid wash jeans or parachute pants when his body looks good he should get some clothes that flatter all his hard work he has done in the gym.  

My deal breaker would have been the sleeveless shirt he boarded the plane in, suns out guns out sort of thing is not my fave look for men if out in public and not in a gym or the beach.

Has anyone else thought about Jake having a neon guy ala The Office/Holly and Michael's St. Pauli Girl's sign.

OMG, I could totally see a dinner party with Jacob and Haley being so freaking uncomfortably funny!

• LOL 3
8 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

OMG, I could totally see a dinner party with Jacob and Haley being so freaking uncomfortably funny!

TLC spin off, Dinner Parties from the Ill Fated, Ill Matched MAFS. Yes, let's pitch that idea!

Every week they could have dinner with a couple that succeded to watch J & H try to be hosts while speaking to each other with clenched jaws.

Neon lights on and hold on to your shoulder pads your beef is braising for another few hours, relax and enjoy your evening, not!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

What bothered me the most is when she asked for an example and he refused to give her one.  I put that in the same category as "you should have known what I wanted" (when people expect others to just read their minds).  Use your words people!

Exactly what I was yelling at the TV!  He needed to 1)speak up in the moment and ask her about it instead of pouting or at least 2)give her examples.  She truly didn't know what was bothering him.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, candall said:

Do better, pet people.

Yes, I felt so sorry for Haley's little dog.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, neon can make some people dizzy and/or give them headaches.  I was getting dizzy just briefly looking at Jake's. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, JapMo said:

That’s why this kind of show doesn’t work.  A few do make it but it’s a fluke.  Most people would know the first minute of meeting if they could go forward.  Arranged marriages hardly work also.  My parents married at first sight but were not happy from what I saw, but stayed married.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

I was thinking about this too...like, if they matched me to someone who had cats I would be divorced instantly because of my allergies to them. Aren't they asking the couples these questions? Why is Eric complaining about his cat allergies? Why match him to someone with cats?!?

I hated when she told him the cats were a non-negotiable and he'd have to take allergy meds from now on. He then said, "So I have to make allergy meds a part of my life now?" And she responded, "Well cats are a part of my life 🤷🏻‍♀️"

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Blissfool said:

And Birkenstock sandals!

(I mean, I have those too, but I'm not over here criticizing people's taste.)

I gave away my Birkenstock’s long ago.  I thought I was in Holland wearing wooden shoes.  Now it’s Sketchers, in every color.  No more designer bags too.  Coach, etc.  I do love my Dooney & Burke “Haunted Mansion” one tho.  That’s a keeper.  Now it’s Vera Bradley light weight crossbodies.  Comfort when you’re old, not style.  Just sharing, lol.  Old lady talk. 😀

• LOL 5
  • Love 2