Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: How Do You Know If You're In Love?

• Start Topic

Yep, next week's previews show Virginia greeting their guests while carrying a drink. Surprise!

Did Chris and his ex plot this Reality TV excursion in order for him to get some decent money in a short amount  of time? Did they always plan to stay together? Was visiting her for sex mid-filming one way the ex agreed? Was Chris telling the truth when he said he fears falling in love with Paige, who was supposed to be collateral damage to forget about? 

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I wonder if the experts got the names wrong and meant to put Hailey with Erik and Virginia with Jacob. They are horribly mismatched even if Erik doesn’t know it yet. 
I’m rather surprised that Paige doesn’t have any kids with how dumb she is with guys. She’s obviously very intelligent in other areas but with guys it’s all about dat ass 

• Love 14

Victoria should be grateful that Chris is on this season, otherwise, she would be the one in the hot seat.  It’s not a good idea for a married woman to “crash” on her single male friend’s couch.  I can’t help but wonder why she chose to get married at 26, given that she still has a lot of partying to do.  I think Haley would have been a better match for Erik.

Brianna must be careful what she says to Vinny.  I don’t think she is even aware of what she is saying sometimes.  When he spilled the champagne, she should not have said, “that is so Vinny of you.”  Even though they are married, they are still relative strangers. 

Just because it can’t be said enough, Paige is a dumbass.  I am beginning to think that Chris and his baby mama are running a con.  He is going to make sure he is in every episode, so that he gets paid and now, his baby mama is going to be getting a check too.  Total scam.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I think Haley would have been a better match for Erik.

I could totally see that.

Virginia shouldn't have been matched with anyone.

For Jake, they needed to find someone who is a bit of an oddball like he is. (Just like Bennett and Amelia last year, both very quirky, but right for each other.) 

• Love 24

Unfiltered: Haley, Ryan , Erik and JamieO.

Ryan looks like a cartoon Pharrell. Pube mustache. 

Erik needs to get an adult wardrobe...he dresses badly.
Henry’s wardrobe and style would suit Erik.

Haley is so happy when she’s not around Jake....smiling, chortling, twinkly eyes.

Chri$ is a pox and ruining the season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Ryan looks like a cartoon Pharrell. Pube mustache. 

I thought he looked ridiculous. He seems quite personable though.

Haley looked nice, but damn is she wound up tight, sweating & clenching, forced laugh... seems fake to me.

ETA: Both men acted odd when Haley was questioned about the dodging Jake incident, & neither was asked about it.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

Jake’s dragging up all the hurt from being rejected by women his past and dumping it on Haley over not being invited for cocktails...his over reacting just gives her reason to keep away...her small victory.

His calling her a liar and high strung are to inflict hurt not further discussion. What an asshat. 

She’s not attracted to him...not one iota.
Jake’s 80’s obsession is beyond annoying. The crew must want to hang themselves.

His black polo was the nicest thing he’s worn...including his tux that was ill fitted.

Haley’s place is nice...like her white beachy office.

Erik’s condo looks like an executive apartment....American Psycho ish.

VA’s apt must smell like stale beer and cat piss.

Ryan’s glasses and mug collection look what I took over to Goodwill last week.

Do like his gray Subway tile back splash.

Miska shrine.  

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Vincent’s melt down, just made me think “who hurt you?”.   He mentioned his last relationship didn’t work out because she wasn’t supportive of his career and because he didn’t have a degree.   He seems to have issues about not being enough which is why he thought Briana was calling him dumb.   Still rooting for him, but needs to work through those insecurities.   

Virginia surely doesn’t think it’s ok to get so drunk you pass out with a man who’s not your husband (on a regular basis).   I wonder how she would feel if the shoe was on the other foot.    

The looks on Pastor Cal’s face when talking to Chris were priceless.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

So now we know what's wrong with Vinnie - he's a crybaby.  If it were me I'd a million times over rather hear a "that's so Vinny" joke than that squeaking baby talk that I think she's overdoing to avoid sounding rude or sharp to his trembling ears.

Jake is too much with the 80s stuff, but I have never seen Haley give him any sort of honest feedback until their conversation with Pastor Cal.  And she's old enough to know that if you have sex with a guy you're going to be living with for the next few weeks, he's probably going to want to do it again.  I think he thought she had a boyfriend because they said last week about her always being on the phone with her girlfriends.  Maybe after "girls night" turned out to be co-ed, he wondered if her "girlfriends" were too.

I'm starting to feel the idea that Chris and the fiancee are hirelings.  If they are I hope Paige is too!  Although I honestly don't see what's so great about becoming "famous" for being a giant douchebag on a Lifetime reality show.

I was glad Pastor Cal told Virginia how wives aren't supposed to pass out on other guys' couches.  But I thought he did a pretty crap job with Paige and Chris.

Still liking Ryan and Clara!

• Love 21

Haven't read any comments yet but watching Haley tonight  on both Unfiltered and MAFS just confirns that she is not physically attracted to Jake nor ever was. She is the worst actor and her smile is just so fake and insincere. I really don't like her at all. Jake may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is trying. She's just been turned off from day 1. And really, who FaceTimes constantly with one's girlfriends while on their honeymoon?

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

Just like Bennett and Amelia last year, both very quirky, but right for each other. 

Coming here to say that, too. Imagine pairing either one of them up with someone like Haley. Oy. Jake and Haley are carrying an awful lot of baggage. He's an insecure quirky kook with a hostile dog and she was likely just fine not being married--until her friends and who knows who else told her to try this out. Other than claiming they each wanted to get married, I don't get the connection potential. 

Poor damaged Vincent. The moment Bri said, that's so Vincent of you, I thought two things. 1) He's going to take that as a snotty dig and 2) What a great name for a sitcom!

As for Chris and Paige, I'm either going to record the show so I can ff past them or just flip over to Rachel.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Am I the only one yelling at my television that Jacob is lucky to have any person matched with him? Or that he is a loser who only feels good about himself if he insults and manipulates his partner by putting them down or attaching ridiculous labels to his misperception of their behaviour. He hasn't got the first clue of how to function in a give-and-take relationship. What on earth did Hailey do to be matched with such a creep? What a goof.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
52 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Birginia surely doesn’t think it’s ok to get so drunk you pass out with a man who’s not your husband (on a regular basis).   I wonder how she would feel if the shoe was on the other foot.    

Good point. At the same time, Virginia's partying attitude can be viewed as a young mindset that needs to mature. However, Eric annoys me because he acts like he is the authority on what marriage is. He forgets he is divorced, so clearly he didn't understand all the basics of marriage. His answer that wanting time to oneself is "not part of marriage" is ridiculous. Compromise is part of marriage, not telling your wife if she needs an evening to herself, she can plan it when he's away. My husband joined hockey teams so I could have an evening to myself and I loved him for his understanding.

• Love 13

At this point, I believe Paige is fully embracing the role of martyr.  Pastor Cal says she's a "ride or die" woman.  If by this he is implying that Paige's sticking with Chris through all Chris's bullshit is a good thing, he's as dumb as she is.

I thought Jacob was a little scary when he repeatedly called Haley a liar.  I had thought of him as a quiet, thoughtful person but this was a new side to him.  I might be keeping my guard up, too. 

Chris has the emotional maturity of a 15 year old.  He couldn't keep that goofy grin off his face when he showed up while Pastor Cal was talking to Paige. I can't figure out what his end game is.  To get 2 women pregnant?  To keep stringing Paige along because he knows she'll stick by him if he just throws her a few crumbs now and then? So he can keep having sex with her and have his self image as a powerful man reinforced? 

I so dislike his face.  I find him painful to look at.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 19

Vincent’s inability to articulate his feelings is going to be a problem for Bossypants.

He has a broad umbrella of what is disrespectful.

Briana will be walking on eggshells.

VA chugging her wine and twitching...boozy booze hound.

Paige...you should be happy he is plotting his divorce....good riddance.

PO$ Needs to be gone. Punt him off the show. Stop the Lifetime paychecks.

Think there was never  a fetu$. It was all bull$hit.

Jake, Haley will never like you. Her retreat is permanent. We have to watch you be angry for the rest of the season.
Jake, you are too odd.
Jake, your quirks are not as awesome as you think.

Your deadpan humor is ill received...it makes Haley cringe.
She will never like the 80’s, like 99% of the rest of humanity the 80’s is in the rear view mirror.

Clara wants PoundTown..girl is horny.

Ryan is looking for the love to happen before he has sex with Clara.

31 minutes ago, buttersister said:

just flip over to Rachel.

Have her half screen PIP.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Am I the only one yelling at my television that Jacob is lucky to have any person matched with him? Or that he is a loser who only feels good about himself if he insults and manipulates his partner by putting them down or attaching ridiculous labels to his misperception of their behaviour. He hasn't got the first clue of how to function in a give-and-take relationship. What on earth did Hailey do to be matched with such a creep? What a goof.

Irks me when Jake smirks at his own unfunny comments...they exasperate Haley and me.

He cannot sustain a conversation...he has to make an 80’s reference or make a lame-o comment or just stop the flow by saying something stupid or weird...

Flipped my coffee table. Slammed my pot holders.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Good point. At the same time, Virginia's partying attitude can be viewed as a young mindset that needs to mature. However, Eric annoys me because he acts like he is the authority on what marriage is. He forgets he is divorced, so clearly he didn't understand all the basics of marriage. His answer that wanting time to oneself is "not part of marriage" is ridiculous. Compromise is part of marriage, not telling your wife if she needs an evening to herself, she can plan it when he's away. My husband joined hockey teams so I could have an evening to myself and I loved him for his understanding.

I got the impression that their conversation was more "when she wants time alone he has to give it" and his point was that she'll get that anyway due to his schedule.  Mr. P joined a bowling league, so Thursday is my night alone to look forward to - I don't send him out bowling whenever I'm sick of him 😄 

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, Chalby said:

There might be a lid for every pot. Multiple lids even. If Jacob would have been open to it, perhaps he and Paige could have worked! She mentioned dating men, plural with children before. If she usually dates some version of Chris but was truly open to making it work with anyone the show could have done better by her if they'd paired her with some odd dude that just really wants to be married. She would have accepted Jacob's quirks and assumed that it was God's will.  He wouldn't cheat because he knows what it's like to be the side piece.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I thought Jake’s behavior towards Hayley was mean and overly aggressive. Calling her a liar and accusing her of having a boyfriend are huge red flags. For him to bring the ghosts of girlfriends past and lay them at her door was unfair. If I were in her shoes it would be a wrap.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

We are beginning to see the faults...I mean cracks...no make that crevasses. 

I missed the pre-show. I had no idea that Chri$ and Paige were living separately. Girl, where is your self esteem? 

Yes but he sure walked in the door like he lived there when Paige was sitting with Pastor Cal.  She has no self esteem in this relationship.

Edited by endure
  • Love 13

I agree Vincent is a poor communicator, but from the second he spilled the bubbly, she sounded to me like her teasing got a bit mean and Vinc couldn't explain it.. She is bossy as hell.

• Sad 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

VA wasn't ready for marriage, period.  Geez grow the fuck up already.

I know! Girl, I got over my "going out drinking" phase at about 23. It's not cute when you are an adult. It's just trashy. She looks wrecked all the time too. She comes off as a total lush which is sad. The only thing I kind of disagree with Eric on though is Virginia and her male friends being able to hang out. How long has she had these friends? I have straight male friends that I have known since childhood. I would be offended if my significant other told me not to hang out with them. They are like family. So, I don't know. Depends on how long she has been friends with them. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, rebel2u said:

At this point, I believe Paige is fully embracing the role of martyr.  Pastor Cal says she's a "ride or die" woman.  If by this he is implying that Paige's sticking with Chris through all Chris's bullshit is a good thing, he's as dumb as she is.

I thought Jacob was a little scary when he repeatedly called Haley a liar.  I had thought of him as a quiet, thoughtful person but this was a new side to him.  I might be keeping my guard up, too. 

Chris has the emotional maturity of a 15 year old.  He couldn't keep that goofy grin off his face when he showed up while Pastor Cal was talking to Paige. I can't figure out what his end game is.  To get 2 women pregnant?  To keep stringing Paige along because he knows she'll stick by him if he just throws her a few crumbs now and then? So he can keep having sex with her and have his self image as a powerful man reinforced? 

I so dislike his face.  I find him painful to look at.

I'm starting to think they deserve each other. Paige obviously has ZERO self respect or she would have told him to F-off ages ago. He's obviously a game player. I'm constantly disgusted that this man was once an active Pastor at a church. He couldn't be less Godly or Christian. Maybe his goal IS to get multiple women pregnant? He said he wants 7 kids. I wouldn't doubt that he would name every single one Chris Jr. regardless of their gender since he's such a narcissist.

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

I thought it was interesting that Virginia said she goes out drinking Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Maybe I just run in the wrong crowds, but it seems that people would more frequently say that at the end of the week they party, or go out clubbing, or bar hopping. Those activities typically involve consuming alcohol, but Virginia is focusing on the alcohol. And she's clearly drinking to excess if she regularly passes out on her friends' couches. Loved seeing Virginia's reaction to seeing that Pastor Cal didn't agree that it's fine to pass out on men's couches when you're married.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Irks me when Jake smirks at his own unfunny comments...they exasperate Haley and me.

He cannot sustain a conversation...he has to make an 80’s reference or make a lame-o comment or just stop the flow by saying something stupid or weird...

Flipped my coffee table. Slammed my pot holders.

I actually feel HORRIBLE for Haley. Jake is the weirdest person to ever be on this show. He can't talk about anything that isn't revolving around the 80's, steak or his house. It's bizarre. How does he function in the real world? Why would they match someone as outgoing as Haley to him??? BIG MISMATCH!

2 minutes ago, Kip1 said:

I thought it was interesting that Virginia said she goes out drinking Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Maybe I just run in the wrong crowds, but it seems that people would more frequently say that at the end of the week they party, or go out clubbing, or bar hopping. Those activities typically involve consuming alcohol, but Virginia is focusing on the alcohol. And she's clearly drinking to excess if she regularly passes out on her friends' couches. Loved seeing Virginia's reaction to seeing that Pastor Cal didn't agree that it's fine to pass out on men's couches when you're married.

It's overkill. I don't know anyone over 25 that goes out drinking THAT much. Then again, most of my friends over 25 are married with kids and don't have time or ability to do so. She needs to grow up and lose the party lifestyle if she wants her marriage to succeed. You can have friends but relying on booze so much for fun is just odd...it sounds like she has a problem.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Why is Pastor Cal acting like he doesn’t know this story already? And Paige was not using birth control! Thank God she’s not pregnant! 

And why isn’t Pastor Cal advising her to leave and get divorced now!

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Here’s Jake’s truth...Jake has never been the boyfriend. He wants the full boyfriend experience.

Jake is okay to seduce and grind on in the closet or gym alley, to have revenge sex with during “breaks” in her regular relationship, to text for a booty call but he is not the guy you want to bring to grandma’s for your family’s Easter brunch, the work picnic, the alum fundraiser because he acts too weird, he dresses too weird, he cannot banter, he is a wet blanket in a group.

Unfortunately, Jake thinks he is charming , debonair, interesting, witty but in actuality he comes off as bizarro and tone deaf to the flow of conversation, to the room. His incessant talking about neon makes me want to hit my head with a hammer.

Jake’s confession of his feelings getting hurt when women treat him as a side of beef as the “side piece” was his cry for help.

Jake wants to be accepted by the mainstream, represented by the friend group that is Haley’s lifeline but those lemmings do not like people who are too unique, dress in odd costumes for comic effect,  who can’t chat about bland things in life.
Jake’s nerd friends tried to warn him that he will not convince anyone that 80’s detritus is cool and his insistence of talking about nothing else will hurt him with his new friends. 

Jake’s need for PDA...and Haley’s rejection of his pawing at her is telling.

Hand holding  is a phase he missed in middle school and high school when he was an insecure chubby mathlete, watching the popular group eating at the popular table laughing, having fun and obviously ignoring him.

He wants a popular girl who is proud to be seen with him in full freak mode...jorts, MembersOnly white jacket in his mullet wig, who can make him feel he is part of that group as they go to alum football weekends and party at sorority and frat alum functions.

He is hurt that his wife still makes him feel he is on the outside looking inside....but he is too stubborn and proud to change.

And Jake shouldn’t change unless he wants to change.

He can ride and die on his one note personality.

Geeze, you totally nailed it, are you a therapist in real life because...you totally explained him in the most precise way, I agree with every single personality trait explanation. You should reach out to him and offer counseling, he needs someone that understands him, tag, you're it!  Figure out a way tohave him burn the MO jacket, those were ugly back then and they are ugly still.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think she doesn't want to hurt his feelings.  I have a feeling she's not the first woman who's felt that way about him, which is why he said he felt like a side piece a few times.    

Yes, which actually says Haley has more class than to just go for the jugular with him and call it a day.  Why turn the knife by calling him weird or boring?  She's still being more honest than most of the people on this show when they don't like someone.  I was actually impressed with her candor about her lack of interest.  And what you say about Jake explains why he zoomed in for the jugular upon hearing this news.  It's the same old story with him every time.  I blame the show for matching her with him.  If it seemed like they had ONE thing in common maybe I'd agree that she was being too premature in her feelings about him but it's as plain as the nose on Jake's face (LOL).  I think this was one of the riskier matches they made this season.  They do this for entertainment value as we all know.  Very unethical.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Please for the love of G-d Paige, speak above a whisper!!!  

Use the caption option.   Paige also speaks away from the camera so it is hard to read her lips.

PO$’ gravelly vocal fry is annoying.

Why does the ex get camera time?
This is all so fake.....

• Love 11

I do not understand Paige's shock that Chris wants out of the marriage, why would she want to hang in there with a person who has shown you exactly who he is and will continue to be.

Seriously, she was surpised by his wanting a divorce?

I'd rather throw in the towel sooner rather than later.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Me too.

I like Clara too.  “Lady in Waiting”.  That’s her name.  He has to at least show her something.  Anything.  Maybe she’s too anxious.  She should try the reverse approach.  Maybe he feels stifulled?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Maybe he feels stifulled?

Ryan has watched too many Rom Coms starring Meg Ryan, Kate Hudson, Zac Efron.....

He is like a teen girl waiting for the love epiphany, for the running towards each other in the field of blooming poppies, for the fluttering butterflies in his stomach when he catches her eye across the room.

Methinks it bothers Ryan that while he’s had a carefully curated number of  sex partners...Clara is not ashamed to bray to anyone who will listen that she’s tasted “all the flavors of the rainbow”...ewww...test her for oral herpes....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jake’s dragging up all the hurt from being rejected by women his past and dumping it on Haley over not being invited for cocktails...his over reacting just gives her reason to keep away...her small victory.

His calling her a liar and high strung are to inflict hurt not further discussion. What an asshat. 

Jake’s 80’s obsession is beyond annoying. The crew must want to hang themselves.

His black polo was the nicest thing he’s worn...including his tux that was ill fitted.

Miska shrine.  

Jake, Jake, Jake.  What’s so thrilling about all the other guys?  You have one maniac who is using his wife for the moment, another who is on the way of losing his pilots license, another who feels threatened because his wife is an engineer and he’s a measly car salesman, one that hardly talks and gives her nothing.  Yeah, great bunch.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Miska shrine.  

Yes to all of this, I think they should see the apartments before the honeymoon, that reveal could have been the deal breaker for some of these couples!

Ryan's randomness of mugs and hodge podge food storage would have made me think twice, seeing his messy drawers...on the surface everything is neat and clean but underneath it all he is messy, very psychotic.

VA's apartment was exactaly what I expected, Erik's place confused me, how could a room with no door be soundproof?  There was no flow, I could not make out the floor plan or what type of house it was, was it a townhouse or condo or what?

Jake's bedroom is in the basement? It looked like a windowless room. What happened to his upstairs, we never saw it.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

When she gets drunk, she wants to crash at one of her guy friends house.  As a married woman, she thinks it’s o.k. Hahahahaha.  Eric is a dope.  She only drinks Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  LOL.

no, she ALWAYS drinks Thursday thru Saturday, but probably usually does the other days too.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m agreeing with everyone who thinks all this bullshit drama is a ploy by Chris, his ex-fiancée and possibly, Paige and Lifetime, to make Chris famous and make money. 

Yeah, something not quite right about this season.  It actually sucks.  Like a Jerry Springer Show.  Not good Lifetime.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Why is Pastor Cal acting like he doesn’t know this story already? And Paige was not using birth control! Thank God she’s not pregnant! 

Seems like none of these girls on these shows use birth control.  They just get an abortion.  Like it’s nothing probably.  

• Useful 2
36 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Ryan has watched too many Rom Coms starring Meg Ryan, Kate Hudson, Zac Efron.....

He is like a teen girl waiting for the love epiphany, for the running towards each other in the field of blooming poppies, for the fluttering butterflies in his stomach when he catches her eye across the room.

Methinks it bothers Ryan that while he’s had a carefully curated number of  sex partners...Clara is not ashamed to bray to anyone who will listen that she’s tasted “all the flavors of the rainbow”...ewww...test her for oral herpes....

While Ryan being afraid of the L word is a little ridiculous , Clara constantly saying she falls in love all the time is not what your partner wants to hear . A simple , “I’ve said it before “ will do . 
There’s always so much emphasis put on the word love , even pastor Cal’s definition was too much and probably scaring Ryan . I’ve heard people say that they need to wait a year before they say it or 6 months or whatever .  In my opinion , if you’re putting a time limit on when you say it or if you think that much into it , it’s never good . I personally feel that if you don’t love somebody by a year of being together , you never will . Ryan seems like the type that would put a time on when he will say or feel it . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I think ya'll going too hard on old Jake. The exact same thing coulda been said about Bennet and Amelia's hipster weirdo schtick, but wasn't because they were matched with an equally weird/offbeat spouse. So we all fell in love with their non bathing, huge nightgown wearing, bird in the hair- weirdness. I love the 80s! Best decade ever imo. Also enamored with the 40's, and I wear the clothes (best era for feminine styles imo) , listen to the music from that era, etc. It's not my whole personality, but a big part of my style. I LOVE watching YouTube videos of people who live their entire lives in a certain time period, it's fascinating! And doesn't hurt anyone. 

Jake's pride was wounded after the honeymoon, so he lashed out. Not overly vehemently imo, but I can't help but wonder if Haley isn't doing more shady stuff off camera? I think we are missing a key piece to them we will never see. But compared to the narcissist tornado that is Chris, I found Jake's behavior to be almost tame.

Edited by Cammi
can't english
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20
49 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Jake's bedroom is in the basement? It looked like a windowless room. What happened to his upstairs, we never saw it.

Jake said he has not worked on the upstairs...he has not gotten around to renovating it yet.

Haley was not repelled by his gaming dungeon but not as enthusiastic and jazzed as Jake is of his pride and joy.

His need for her approval is bordering on pathetic.

Jake would be smart to holster his pent up anger of all the injustices women have bestowed on him since puberty.

Haley is the most mainstream woman that Jake knows and if they can be friends he could benefit from her point of view.

Haley is a nice person who is trying to spare Jake’s feelings, she parses her words very carefully and doesn’t say humiliating things about Jake.

Haley is not Jake’s emotional punching bag.

Jake’s intentional intimidation of Haley when he was over aggressive in calling her a liar and having by a bf at home is not acceptable.

I would worry about Haley if the production crew wasn’t there to film it all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I do not understand Paige's shock that Chris wants out of the marriage, why would she want to hang in there with a person who has shown you exactly who he is and will continue to be.

Seriously, she was surpised by his wanting a divorce?

I'd rather throw in the towel sooner rather than later.

Yes. Whenever someone says they “made” their SO propose, I wonder why anyone would want to marry someone they had to talk into it. With Paige, I wonder why she wants to be with someone who has said he doesn’t want to be with her. I would not entertain the idea of meeting the ex as she appears to do next episode - for what? That is your problem, Chris; we’ll never talk again. Goodbye, good luck, I blocked you everywhere, do not try to contact me. If I had to see him at the reunion, fine, I can’t help that, but other than that? Dead to me. I once heard someone say “don’t let someone tell you they don’t want you more than once.”

It’s been A WEEK. There is nothing to fight for. Chris has treated Paige like shit the entire time - we are ONE WEEK out from “you’re so ugly it gave me a panic attack, and also I didn’t bring you any breakfast.” She’s not in a situation where she can’t leave - she has a job, she still has her apartment or house. I’d have gone back to my place when Chris told me he was going to Chicago - why am I packing and moving into an unfamiliar place when Chris isn’t even in the damn state? I knew of a woman* who split from her husband after the honeymoon because he cheated on her during it, and they had a long relationship foundation. Chris is nothing to Paige - she’s married on paper only. Get a divorce! Shit - better to do it now when the show will pay for it.

*She was my work friend’s friend. My work friend was in the wedding, and then two weeks later we went to lunch and she was like “so you remember that wedding I was in two weeks ago?”

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 15

Vincent and Jake are similar in that have wounds from previous relationships that haven’t fully healed. Jake has insecurities about Hailey lying and cheating because someone else lied and cheated. Vincent thinks Brianna is insulting him because someone else had no faith in him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13