Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Three's A Party

renatae
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I will never understand these people who A) wait until Day 89 to marry (I call production shenanigans) and B) have little money yet think they have to have the big wedding. 

When you use your 90 days to get to know each other...ugh, so stupid.  I would want to know, really know the person I bought the cheapest, smallest diamond in the store for or recieved the cheapest, smallest diamond from the store before I up and moved to another country.  

The big wedding would entail a lot of planning, none of these idiots do anything more than a week before the very last second, also the money...why is it always the broke idiots?  None of these imports realize how they have hooked up with someone who is living hand to mouth?

Two things we have learned about these idiots, one, they will do anything for a dollar and two, they are too stupid for words.

If you are fighting constantly while you are only dating why on earth move forward with that relationship, dating is supposed to be the fun, carefree time, there are no real life issues at hand and if you do not get along, move along.  How would you continue with a marriage if  the time you spent dating sucked balls?  

• Love 12
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

If you are fighting constantly while you are only dating why on earth move forward with that relationship, dating is supposed to be the fun, carefree time, there are no real life issues at hand and if you do not get along, move along.  How would you continue with a marriage if  the time you spent dating sucked balls?  

Sunk cost fallacy.

1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

none of these idiots do anything more than a week before the very last second, also the money

Anna and Murcel come to mind.  They waited until the last 60 minutes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I think she's talking about oral medications in general and is using "drink" interchangeably with "take." Her English is remarkably good, but she still stumbles. 

I think you are right, this was mentioned in one of the first episodes.

Everytime I see this thread, I think of the Madonna song "Where's the Party?"  

• Love 3

Mike is a damn asshat!  His passive/aggressive behavior is just pissing me off.  Natalie is no saint but when she tells Mike she is still insecure about a previous issue and she needs help getting past it his solution is to throw his hands in the air and say it's her problem and it's her fault she keeps bringing it up FUCK THAT!  The guy is fucking douche. 

Rebecca looked straight up psycho when she told Zied that he was NOT going to divorce her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Rebecca looked straight up psycho when she told Zied that he was NOT going to divorce her. 

Especially considering that she has been married a few times herself. 

I am beginning to think Mike wears the bluetooth device because it plays constant insults that he can throw back at Natalie. 

Natalie has a cramp in her brain about Mike's supposed infidelity with his old girl friend the night before the wedding.  If she is not going to believe his denial, she needs to either go back to mommy or decide to move on.  Of course, she will probably throw it up to him forever and ever and ever and ever.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

We went to the courthouse without telling anyone. We wanted to get a jumpstart on the green card paperwork so we did it the day after he landed. My mom kept our son and afterwards we played mini golf, ate at Carrabas and watched 1408. Three months later we had our actual wedding. Live band, open bar, etc. Guess which one we enjoyed more?

I will never understand these people who A) wait until Day 89 to marry (I call production shenanigans) and B) have little money yet think they have to have the big wedding. 

And not for nothing, practically every single wedding we've seen on this show has been a ragtag affair. (Not counting The Wedding of the Year in Moldova, of course). Not a big splashy wedding in sight. Mostly sad, doleful little feints at a party. Remember Jorge and Anfisa's city hall ceremony? Jay and Ashley's Vegas nuptials? Anna and Mursel's backyard shindig? Danielle and Mohammed's pitiful little park festivities? How about what's his name and Fernanda? One day she's trying on fancy gowns, next she's trudging through some sad little park in a slip dress. 

I repeat my plea to Sharp to get some new writers. These stories are thin as tissue paper.

@mamadrama, don't worry about your son. I watched Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2 with mine when he was a teen. Plus lots of other material one might find questionable, not gonna lie. I had condoms in the house and made sure he knew where they were. He's 27 now and a functioning adult! (If I turned up at his house caroling out "Mama's here!" like Mikes' mother did, he'd die of moritification. But not before I did.) 

16 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Mike is a damn asshat!  His passive/aggressive behavior is just pissing me off.  Natalie is no saint but when she tells Mike she is still insecure about a previous issue and she needs help getting past it his solution is to throw his hands in the air and say it's her problem and it's her fault she keeps bringing it up FUCK THAT!  The guy is fucking douche. . 

(Raises hand) Come sit next to me. Natalie is a crazy pie but he is bent on a) tormenting her and b) isolating her. He brought her here on a fiancee visa. If he had no intention of marrying her then he did it just to be cruel. I hate him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And not for nothing, practically every single wedding we've seen on this show has been a ragtag affair. (Not counting The Wedding of the Year in Moldova, of course). Not a big splashy wedding in sight. Mostly sad, doleful little feints at a party. Remember Jorge and Anfisa's city hall ceremony? Jay and Ashley's Vegas nuptials? Anna and Mursel's backyard shindig? Danielle and Mohammed's pitiful little park festivities? How about what's his name and Fernanda? One day she's trying on fancy gowns, next she's trudging through some sad little park in a slip dress.

Remember Annie and David?  Was it them who looked like they got married in a cheap hotel meeting room?  And that other couple....Larry and whoever - they got married in the mobile park, I think.  (I love mobile home parks, btw.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Stephanie rolling around the bed howling was...something else. She really is insane. Even if I were acting for the cameras, I couldn’t summon this level of demonic insanity. She’s perfect for reality tv. 

Jovi is gross. Who gropes their fiancée with their grandparents and extended family watching?! Beyond vulgar. He does seem selfish and I can see him accidentally leaving Yara with the kid for 12 days because he got so wasted he forgot where he lived. I have no sympathy for her though because semi-permanent birth control is widely available and very affordable. 

God, Tarzel is so boring, especially Hazel. She’s like human Ambien. If she’s the Asian Angelina Jolie, I’m the Canadian Kendall Jenner. Full disclosure, I’m probably uglier than Kendall Jenner’s dog. 

FINALLY Mike says what we’ve been waiting all season to hear! He’s not ready to marry her! Hurrah! Of course Natalie contorts the situation and thinks he’s trying to manipulate his way out of infidelity. If my fiancé told me he doesn’t think we fit together, I’d have a lot of questions, like are we breaking up? Should I book a flight home? Natalie just sat stonily on the couch then later asked for her ring back! How would a ring make her feel better about the infidelity she so firmly believes he committed?? If she truly thinks he fucked Sara, she’s still willing to marry him? I totally believe he didn’t sleep with his friend. I agree with Natalie that he shouldn’t have brought her to the US if he didn’t intend to marry her though. Maybe he thought if they lived together, he’d fall in love with her again 🤷‍♀️

Brandon is a spineless weasel. He can’t experience an itchy buttcrack without telling his parents about it. Father Brandon’s right; pregnancy is easily preventable and they should both learn a good lesson from this scare. 

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Remember Annie and David?  Was it them who looked like they got married in a cheap hotel meeting room?  And that other couple....Larry and whoever - they got married in the mobile park, I think.  (I love mobile home parks, btw.)

Aw, Larry and Jenny! 

How about--Tania and Syngin's magical backyard I do's? Remember when their guests had to sit around and watch them get tattoos? Magical! Kalani and Asuelu's "all hands on deck" boat ceremony? Paul and Karine's wedding, which looked like it was taking place in a garage? Leida and Eric's super classy hotel celebrations? 

The only people whose weddings looked like they weren't thrown together by a drunk who'd never heard the word "wedding" before were Loren and Alexei and Pao and Russ. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I haven't seen it mentioned--am I the only one who at first glance thought it was Colt driving Rebecca's car?  The glasses and the hairdo?  I had to concentrate to see Zied.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:53 AM, Opine said:

2.  Why was everyone else in "go to Walmart" clothes and Yara and Jovi decked to the nines

Dress rehearsal for the wedding.

5 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Seriously!! Nobody really likes birth control, Brandon; people just use it because it's a trade-off. And his reasoning boils down to, "I don't like the feel of condoms, but I'm fine with Julia putting chemicals and foreign objects in her body so I don't have to wear them."

I swear I heard him say that Julia doesn't like condoms, either, and she didn't contradict him.  Or they edited it out when she did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Leida and Eric's super classy hotel celebrations?

That was it!!!  It was Eric and Leida who were in the craptastic hotel room.  Where was David and Annie's wedding?  

20 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Remember when their guests had to sit around and watch them get tattoos?

After helping them get ready for hours.  And Tonia did. Not. Bathe.

19 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The only people whose weddings looked like they weren't thrown together by a drunk who'd never heard the word "wedding" before were Loren and Alexei and Pao and Russ. 

One of the few couples who truly dig each other for reals.

Mohammed and Danielle!  Backyard wedding of minimal budget!  Michael and Julianne's was nice as he had deep pockets.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

General thoughts after watching this week......

Stephanie/Ryan: She is either off her rocker nuts or on some heavy drugs.....maybe both. And if I heard her right, she was trying "to get him to talk about what he did the night before" (wrt removing the condom)....so she ruminated on this all day? Look, if he did what she said he did, that was messed up and NOT ok. But, given her um, altered state of mind, I don't know what to think. But, seriously, all that aside, the wailing, the running after him yelling about who would pay for the cab and then the frantic "search" for her mother's ring, reminded me of scenes of someone high as a kite in a full paranoid episode. Ryan may be a gold digging scum bag but, RUN RYAN, RUN! 

Natalie/Mike: I think this is the first we heard the details of the incident with Mike and his friend before her wedding.  I admit I now think something DID happen. I mean....he was stoned and shirtless and the woman made the comment about hitting the shower? When friends stay over I don't make a point to let them know I am getting a shower in my own damn home. It is just odd...but, Mike is right that she needs to either accept his version and forgive and move on, or just end it. Natalie is right that if he doesn't love her and doesnn't want to talk about ANYTHING then WTF did he bring her over to the US? I can't imagine how humiliated I would be after telling everyone I know bye, bye, I am off to get married, see ya! that I come back home alone and siingle. I think it is pride and her ticking biological clock that has her hanging on...

tarzel: I thought it was sweet that his friend wanted to make sure Tarik wasn't pressuring Hazel into a situation she didn't want.....also agree with his friend, they need to slow that train down. 

Was this from Natalie's version of what happened or did Mike admit to being stoned and shirtless? I know it was discussed "somewhat" in the first season, but I can't recall the details. All we heard was Natalie's version of the events and she wasn't there, wasn't it a phone call?

How many cabana boys will 5 pairs of slides and two watches get me, y’all? I can NOT believe Stephanie yelled that out loud. For folks to hear 😳 

So now THIS marriage, her fourth, is Rebecca’s “forever marriage”. Cuz I mean at 50, she ain’t getting another Zied. She’s done the math on her cost sunk fallacy, and it ain’t looking pretty. Also, her green card applications are all used up right? These people, just wow! So vulgar 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Mike is a damn asshat!  His passive/aggressive behavior is just pissing me off.  Natalie is no saint but when she tells Mike she is still insecure about a previous issue and she needs help getting past it his solution is to throw his hands in the air and say it's her problem and it's her fault she keeps bringing it up FUCK THAT!  The guy is fucking douche. 

That's because he's already told her the deal -- they were friends and that's it.  Her first season he addressed it and she just won't let it go.  

Natalie has already admitted to needling Mike just because.  This man has been criticized about his weight, his IQ, his class.   She purposefully hurts him for no other reason but she can.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

"I'm getting in the shower!" is code for "if you gotta pee, speak now or wait a hella long time..." when there's only one bathroom. Especially on her wedding day.  Or, maybe she was sitting in the room chatting with someone, and "I'm getting in the shower" means "I'll give you privacy." Either way, I don't think it indicates Mike doing something with his friend. And a guy his size sleeping on a couch? Ouch!!

What kinda thundercunt would say that to a guy when he’s talking to his girl? Seriously? That’s rude as hell. I just wouldn’t say ANYTHING if my friend was on the phone with a man or a woman. Classless. And yeah, they fucked. Mike’s friend must be like that Hannah chick who was clearly hitting on Zied. Some women get off on that crap. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

They sit outside because it smells like vomit took a dump in the house.

They look sooo cute together .. those parents.  He probably beats the hell out of her daily until she submits to his charms.  He looks like a tyrant.  What is this?  His third wife?  She was probably desperate.  I’m mean ... sick of staying in the house, lol.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Rebecca's feelings about being older than everyone will never go away as long as her fiance is decades younger than her, nothing makes you look older than a man that is too young for you.

I can only hope that someone mistakes him for her son, on camera.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My teen son watches this with me sometimes. We've always been honest about sex conversations with him, especially since he's entering the age where some teens start becoming sexually active. Not wanting him to get confused by Brandon's ignorance, when Brandon said that I paused it and told him, "If he's complaining that sex isn't as fun with a condom then homeboy's not doing sex right." My son nodded and said, "Especially with Julia! I'd wear full on body armor if I had to. She's hot."

God, I hope we don't end up on I Married a Mama's Boy.

Haha .. my husband is old and he just lights up when Julia comes on.  She is a doll and has everything a man could want.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Natalie can't have it both ways, either make nice and marry the guy and stay in the country...and accept the situation.  Or haul your ass back to the Ukraine and hit the American dating website again.   Pouting isn't going to help her, and no online counselor can change the situation.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, christmaslights said:

Natalie can't have it both ways, either make nice and marry the guy and stay in the country...and accept the situation.  Or haul your ass back to the Ukraine and hit the American dating website again.   Pouting isn't going to help her, and no online counselor can change the situation.

Looks like he’s done with her and just finishing up for the money.  She will never change and he knows it.  He looks fed up, and her batting her eyes isn’t working anymore.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Natalie is a crazy pie but he is bent on a) tormenting her and b) isolating her. He brought her here on a fiancee visa. If he had no intention of marrying her then he did it just to be cruel. I hate him. 

He did it for the TLC check. So did Natalie. She can go away with her I'm better than you attitude. I think she yelled "I'm better looking than you" during this last showdown. She has also said he's fat, not as smart as her, now not as good looking. She's mean and he is too aware and careful of what he says in front of the camera.  

• Love 6

Yara and Jovi - Yara, you never noticed Jovi's drinking when you were vacationing with him? Just now? I don't think so. He was behaving very immaturely. It's not cool to feel you up when his parents and friends are watching. Two unplanned babies in a year? Get some birth control next time and not rush in to a marriage. Sometimes people do change when there is a baby on the way. Sometimes they don't. Mama Jovi will be thrilled to have a grand-baby.

Julia and Brandon - Julia, did you look at your cycle to see if you were late before thinking you might be preggers? Some food item could have disagreed with you. And no you don't talk to Brandon's mommy and daddy about it before you find out. Brandon, if you can't afford an apartment, a wedding, a wife, and a possible baby, find some sort of birth control that works for the both of you. Both of you are 50% responsible and it is not up to Julia only.

Rebecca and Zied - Becky, you are going on your fourth marriage. The first three didn't work and so you think this one will? Zied is much younger than you. It may not be about him not wanting kids and to be a young grandpa to your grandchildren. Both of you may grow in different directions and nothing is guaranteed. So what if a young woman offers her vehicles or family's vehicles to help you move? Zied can talk to whoever he likes. You can 'hire' them and buy pizza and beer or even get a bucket of chicken. Zied can't divorce you? Good luck.

Stephanie and Ryan - This is waaay off. Didn't get the caterwauling. At least you found your ring. Maybe take it to a jeweler in the US to get an appraisal to see if the diamonds were switched out. You also don't need to call your psychic for advice on whether to hook up with Harris now. Change to a different hotel if you can and rebook your flight home. This is not going to work and you can't buy affection for very long. Ryan was very checked out.

Hazel and Tarik - I missed most of their segment. Is she looking for a local woman or is she looking internationally? They are better off making their own marriage work before introducing someone else.

Natalie and Mike - It's all about the ring you threw back? Both of you are slinging it back and forth. You don't trust him and he is not liking you or even loving you right now. Maybe go home, try another dating site. He told you what happened at his friend's wedding. You don't trust him. Both of you are either in this for the money and a scripted storyline to get more cash or don't belong together.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I swear I heard him say that Julia doesn't like condoms, either, and she didn't contradict him.  Or they edited it out when she did.

Brandon's go-to is to throw Julia under the bus, without hesitation and with great enthusiasm. I don't believe a word he says. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, alotmorestupider said:

Stephanie rolling around the bed howling was...something else.

And spanking her phone! What was it she was angrily whacking at on the ground in next week’s preview? 

Edited to add: does Stephanie think using profanity makes her seem young and cool? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Aw, Larry and Jenny! 

How about--Tania and Syngin's magical backyard I do's? Remember when their guests had to sit around and watch them get tattoos? Magical! Kalani and Asuelu's "all hands on deck" boat ceremony? Paul and Karine's wedding, which looked like it was taking place in a garage? Leida and Eric's super classy hotel celebrations? 

The only people whose weddings looked like they weren't thrown together by a drunk who'd never heard the word "wedding" before were Loren and Alexei and Pao and Russ

Is it wrong that I read that as "Rao and Puss?"

• LOL 10

We have reached the point in the season where I tell my teenage niece that if this show gives me a stroke, it's her fault. Jesus fucking Christ.

I officially cannot stand Brandon. Even if they hadn't dragged this particular plot twist all the hell the way out...and the worst thing is that he's a child because his parents -- specifically Betty -- prefer him that way. I mean, shit...his dad said exactly what my dad would have said, which was: why the hell tell me you might be pregnant if you're not sure? And then he has the nerve to throw Julia under the bus AGAIN...I wish her dad would fly in, knock Brandon on his ass, and take Julia on home.

Stephanie: "I need a good, solid..."
Me: "FUCK, Stephanie. Just say it. You need a good, solid FUCK."

Ugh. I'm trying really hard to have some kind of sympathy for her because I've been there (like a lot of women, sadly) but goddamn...play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Idiot.

I'm also sick and tired of both Natalie and Mike. Had to get all the way up to episode 11 before we find out that this bullshit she was harping about at the tell-all is why she can't trust him? And yet you got on the plane, didn't you? Stop torturing yourselves and ME, please.

I didn't see (much of) the previous seasons with Rebecca and Zied, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that she's got grandchildren (plural). And as someone who's older than her (not by much), I probably wouldn't have even bothered to get serious with a man that young precisely because of the children thing. She says it breaks her heart...but not enough for her to leave his ass alone, did it?

Jovi and Yara...I've got nothing. They deserve each other.

Tarik and Hazel: Angela's got a point. Just sayin'.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

I am beginning to think Mike wears the bluetooth device because it plays constant insults that he can throw back at Natalie. 

IF Mike and Natalie are in it just for the money, I have a feeling the producers gave him the bluetooth to help overcome his dreadful acting ability.  Since he's had it in, he's actually said a few words in response to her, so the producers may be feeding him lines.  I don't believe anything that those two are bringing to the table.  

Brandon and Julia is all fabricated, as well.  Even Betty can't drum up a few real tears when she is having a meltdown about losing her baby!  Not getting a pregnancy test before  the parent discussion was proof that these scenes are all manufactured for our "enjoyment."

1 hour ago, readheaded said:

Is it wrong that I read that as "Rao and Puss?"

This really made me laugh!  And I know which is Rao and which is Puss!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Cammi said:

How many cabana boys will 5 pairs of slides and two watches get me, y’all? I can NOT believe Stephanie yelled that out loud. For folks to hear 😳 

So now THIS marriage, her fourth, is Rebecca’s “forever marriage”. Cuz I mean at 50, she ain’t getting another Zied. She’s done the math on her cost sunk fallacy, and it ain’t looking pretty. Also, her green card applications are all used up right? These people, just wow! So vulgar 

Vulgar is the correct adjective!  People were up in arms about Ed and his sex tourism, but Stephanie is even more blatant.  

Rebecca needs to focus on the NOW.  I'm married to a younger man, too, and thinking too far ahead will just drive one crazy.  Enjoy your partner and celebrate your love every day.  No one knows the future.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 2/20/2021 at 9:53 AM, Opine said:

2.  Why was everyone else in "go to Walmart" clothes and Yara and Jovi decked to the nines?

Hahaha yes. I commented that she looked like the fairy princess stranded on troll island. But Walmart is the right comparison. 

On 2/21/2021 at 5:19 PM, hisbunkie said:

WTF, no condom? 

This should have been the episode title in my opinion. 

On 2/21/2021 at 8:52 PM, endure said:

Is Stephanie three sheets to the wind or high on drugs or meds or all of it?

There’s definitely something  wayyyy not right here. Mental issue? Chemical issue? Even her body kinetics are giving off a medicated vibe. 

Edited by Scratches19
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Twopper said:

Especially considering that she has been married a few times herself. 

Natalie has a cramp in her brain about Mike's supposed infidelity with his old girl friend the night before the wedding.  If she is not going to believe his denial, she needs to either go back to mommy or decide to move on.  Of course, she will probably throw it up to him forever and ever and ever and ever.  

Either they truly don't have anything else to fight about so they keep bringing this same argument up for camera time or something else DID happen and there's a lot more to this story than what we're hearing. 

Either way, Natalie's crazy but I'm getting fed up with Mike. 

3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

IF Mike and Natalie are in it just for the money, I have a feeling the producers gave him the bluetooth to help overcome his dreadful acting ability.  Since he's had it in, he's actually said a few words in response to her, so the producers may be feeding him lines.  I don't believe anything that those two are bringing to the table.  

And then there's that. I feel like we, the audience, are getting played big time here. 

Edited by mamadrama
Got my two Eastern European women mixed up
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Haha .. my husband is old and he just lights up when Julia comes on.  She is a doll and has everything a man could want.

I'm straight, married, and about 15 years older than her and I've got a bit of a girl crush myself. She's adorable. And funny. I feel like her sense of humor is being wasted on these nuts. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Just so we're all on the same page, I think we all can agree that "youth serum" is really code for "speed ball" or "methamphetamine" right?

Because Stephani has managed to be both annoying and crazy with a side of low key racism and classism thrown in for good measure.  

Has Ryan ever stolen anything from her before?  Why would she assume that he stole her mother's ring?  Because he is poor, black and foreign, and with that mix he couldn't possibly NOT be an opportunistic thief?

I was pretty disgusted by how that played out and I don't feel a shred of sympathy for Stephani.  I hope she is taken for everything she is worth.  She doesn't miss a single opportunity to dangle her money over her boytoy.  She is another one who will proclaim that she is "in love" with Ryan when all she wants is someone she can buy. 

And her gravy train is quite expansive, when someone told me that some cabana boy was gonna get lucky by getting a few extra watches I thought it was funny, but thats literally what its going to be, she is going to go around trying to buy dick with adias slides.  And the sad part is, is there is such desperate poverty there that she could absolutely do it.  However, I suspect Maria is also on the Stephani gravy train and is making her mortgage payments off sucker Stephani.  

I will tell you that I don't think Harris or Ryan have even a scintilla of respect for her.  The culture is pretty old school, and a woman telling a man about using glow in the dark condoms with his cousin and being sahara dry downtown.....that is not a respectable woman in that culture.  It just isn't.  Harris will only want her for what she can give him, the same way Ryan only wants Stephani for what she can give him.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
On 2/21/2021 at 11:18 AM, lilmarysunshine said:

Just came to post that same thing. lol She knows you can put your arms in them, right? 

I might be a Yara stan, but I think the look is so dramatic, it gives me such Eurotrash Darcy over the top, count chocoula drama.  

Also, after Rebecca's chronic insecurity on this show and Julia constantly putting up with Brandon throwing her all the way under the bus, I find Yara refreshing.  She was like, I am beautiful, I am smart and I deserve better.  

I can also tell that when Jovi is gone, his old friend "Kline" and the guy with the too-tight white sportcoat are going to be always available to "help" Yara.  So good luck with that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 2/21/2021 at 8:22 PM, mamadrama said:

Brandon infuriated me. Not only does he continue to act like a fuck face, throwing Julia under the bus whenever possible, but to blame HER for possibly getting pregnant? Look, dude, there are 500 types of birth control out there. Pick one. 

Also, what kind of fuckery was it to tell his parents BEFORE finding out for sure? I was staying with my in-laws and husband when I got pregnant with our first son. We went to the doctor and got it confirmed before we sat down with them and told them. Why cause drama before it's necessary? 

NonJovi doesn't deserve Yara. She tickles the shit out of me. So does Julia. They should hook up. I'd watch that. Throw Anfisa into the mix and that would be reality gold. 

The entire scenario was confusing.  They were talking about Julia being pregnant in the car, during the day, while driving on a highway.  Was there not a Walgreens, a CVS or even a Safeway or a Publix anywhere to buy a pregnancy test?

Like even when they were talking about it at night, is there not a 24 hour pharmacy anywhere?  Why is this hard, are people not allowed to buy pregnancy tests in certain states?  Why would you wait until the next day after he got home from work?

But, for me, BY FAR, the most INFURIATING thing was the two of them, and frankly, more Julia, acting like this was just some mistake.  I don't know what this was, but it was more than a mistake.  She is grown and she was asked about this and she got all snotty and how dare they be in my business!  How dare they try to stop me from having unprotected sex!  I don't want mother Brandon in my business!  And lo and behold, here you are, and the thing you're most worried about is that mother Brandon will say I told you so.  No tea, no shade, but Julia has more to lose than Brandon if she ends up pregnant.  She will be at that farm for the rest of her life and mother and father Brandon can make all the noise they want....at the end of the day, they are going to blame her for ruining everything.  They won't blame baby Brandon....especially Betty.

And even worse, the minute they passed that scare, all Julia had to say was 'I DON'T WANT TO DRINK MEDICINE!!!!!!!!!!!!" "BETTY WILL WANT ME TO GO TO DOCTOR!!!!!" and Brandon "Well, neither of us likes condoms, but I guess we'll have to use them?"  These two Rhodes scholars are going to end up in the exact same position...pregnant before they have two dimes to rub together.  Betty is no great shakes, but after this scare, after you cried and whined about how you weren't ready, why wouldn't you at least visit a doctor and talk about your options.  There are so many birth control options, maybe there is a pill that will work better, maybe an IUD, maybe a diaphragm, maybe something I've never even heard of.  Like why would you two keep doing the same thing....and you both know that you're eventually going to say "oh, the condom is uncomfortable, just pull out"

On 2/21/2021 at 12:23 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

This made me laugh out loud that you would do this, I would too.  And why?  Why do we care?  It is like a Golden Girls thread where people will try to figure out a thought process of a fictional character of a show that went off the air in 1992.

She has been chatting with Tiffany and the cold shoulder look.  Did you all know that Ronald had a gambling problem?

Don't tell anyone, but I hear Stephanie has an illness. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I will tell you that I don't think Harris or Ryan have even a scintilla of respect for her.  The culture is pretty old school, and a woman telling a man about using glow in the dark condoms with his cousin and being sahara dry downtown.....that is not a respectable woman in that culture.  It just isn't.  Harris will only want her for what she can give him, the same way Ryan only wants Stephani for what she can give him.  

The way that Harris was talking on Bares All about her...southern kitty cat... pretty much solidifies that. 

5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

The entire scenario was confusing.  They were talking about Julia being pregnant in the car, during the day, while driving on a highway.  Was there not a Walgreens, a CVS or even a Safeway or a Publix anywhere to buy a pregnancy test?

Like even when they were talking about it at night, is there not a 24 hour pharmacy anywhere?  Why is this hard, are people not allowed to buy pregnancy tests in certain states?  Why would you wait until the next day after he got home from work?

But, for me, BY FAR, the most INFURIATING thing was the two of them, and frankly, more Julia, acting like this was just some mistake.  I don't know what this was, but it was more than a mistake.  She is grown and she was asked about this and she got all snotty and how dare they be in my business!  How dare they try to stop me from having unprotected sex!  I don't want mother Brandon in my business!  And lo and behold, here you are, and the thing you're most worried about is that mother Brandon will say I told you so.  No tea, no shade, but Julia has more to lose than Brandon if she ends up pregnant.  She will be at that farm for the rest of her life and mother and father Brandon can make all the noise they want....at the end of the day, they are going to blame her for ruining everything.  They won't blame baby Brandon....especially Betty.

And even worse, the minute they passed that scare, all Julia had to say was 'I DON'T WANT TO DRINK MEDICINE!!!!!!!!!!!!" "BETTY WILL WANT ME TO GO TO DOCTOR!!!!!" and Brandon "Well, neither of us likes condoms, but I guess we'll have to use them?"  These two Rhodes scholars are going to end up in the exact same position...pregnant before they have two dimes to rub together.  Betty is no great shakes, but after this scare, after you cried and whined about how you weren't ready, why wouldn't you at least visit a doctor and talk about your options.  There are so many birth control options, maybe there is a pill that will work better, maybe an IUD, maybe a diaphragm, maybe something I've never even heard of.  Like why would you two keep doing the same thing....and you both know that you're eventually going to say "oh, the condom is uncomfortable, just pull out"

The whole thing makes me think that it's a storyline that Brandon and Julia, or maybe Sharp, made up for more drama. Perhaps this scenario really did happen back in Iceland or Paris and they were reenacting it. I can totally see Brandon being like, "The audience will love us because everyone's had a pregnancy scare!" Thinking that he's so darn adorable and likable that we'd all be cheering him on and getting nervous for him and then feeling relief when we learn that he can continue pulling out again without any fear (since, you know, it's worked so far). I think it's been a real awakening for him to learn that we do NOT think he's cute and adorable and that we think they're all fucking idiots. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Also, I have to say, if a woman I was dating started off a sentence with "Listen, I spoke with my psychic, and I have some concerns about us," I'm basically signaling the waiter and hoping I get out of there with my life. 

good luck.  Psychic probably told her where you live or she has a private investigator on retainer for the ones that get away.  

Checkmate. 

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ok, so now we know she hangs on to non issues like a dog with a bone...what will be the next thing she hangs on to, then the next, etc...Mike will be in for a long road ahead having these circular convos about things that resolved and then brought up again. How fun will that be?

I'm of two minds with Mike because I generally think he is a good guy and I think Natalie is cuckoo banana nutcakes.

I am now convinced that there is a large part of him that is punishing her for giving him back the ring, because when they were walking along the beach and she, for the 100535827th time asked for the ring back, he was like "well you shouldn't have thrown it away if you wanted it" or something along those lines.  I don't blame him for this because I can understand someone being somewhat punitive after how she treated him before. 

I also think that he wants her to want him.  Everytime they fight, it seems like he wants some kind of affirmation.  Like when he was saying "you don't even like me" it was like he was waiting for her to say she does.  Like when he says he is just not happy, I think he would like it if she put in some effort.  But, she really doesn't like him and she doesn't want to put in any effort, she just wants a ring and she wants to be married.  The idea of putting in any real effort or the idea that he deserves to be with someone who likes him and shouldn't just be happy that she is with him never once enters her mind.  

I wish we had met Sara, because on the one hand, Mike seems so honest and so certain that nothing happened.  And I believe that Natalie brings this up A LOT to try to justify her brand of crazy.  But Mike said something about how she has to like "leave that in the past" and I thought "gosh, if you didn't do anything wrong, why does she have to leave it in the past?"  I'm not sure if Mike is just saying this because she is so fixated on it and even though he didn't do anything, she won't believe him, so THATs what she has to get past it.  But it sounded a little like a line guys use when they don't really want to admit that they might have done something but they just want to sweep it under the rug.  But why would he call her from the girls house half stoned in his underwear?  That just doesn't seem like something a guy would do if he cheated. 

I think there is an element of dangling the carrot and punishing her for hurting him.  I think it would take a lot to get him to open back up.  But everytime they fight and he makes a statement it seems like he just wants her to give him something, say she likes him, she enjoys him, she is in love with him....like anything.  He was deeply in love with her, and she was a beeeeyotch.  she continues to be bitchy and naggy....and not for a minute do I think that "counselor" zoom meeting was anything more than her trying to get her side out on camera uninterrupted.  

And finally, because it must be asked.....what the hell is with that bluetooth, is there some building material supply emergency line that he is on call for?  You don't look important, you look ridiculous with that thing in your ear.  

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

General thoughts after watching this week......

Stephanie/Ryan: She is either off her rocker nuts or on some heavy drugs.....maybe both. And if I heard her right, she was trying "to get him to talk about what he did the night before" (wrt removing the condom)....so she ruminated on this all day? Look, if he did what she said he did, that was messed up and NOT ok. But, given her um, altered state of mind, I don't know what to think. But, seriously, all that aside, the wailing, the running after him yelling about who would pay for the cab and then the frantic "search" for her mother's ring, reminded me of scenes of someone high as a kite in a full paranoid episode. Ryan may be a gold digging scum bag but, RUN RYAN, RUN! 

Whats the point of a glow in the dark condom if you're not going to look at it?  

To me, this is where Stephani's story kinda falls apart.  The whole novelty of a glow in the dark condom, to me, would be to look at a glow in the dark ding dong bobbing about.  Why else would you get a glow in the dark condom, if she was super worried about STDs why didn't she check the easiest way?

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I think Mike's problem was that Natalie's "help" involved Mike just giving her a ring he wasn't ready to give her.  It seems just another manipulation in Natalies long line of manipulation.  "Okay, I'll trust you....if you give me the ring back"  "I'll feel more secure....if I get the ring back"  She doesn't have to earn the ring back, but Mike shouldn't just give the ring back to her because she wants it, he should do it because he wants to marry her  I don't see why he'd want to marry her right now. 

Rebecca is such a drip.  

Zied is trying to adjust to a new culture where men and women interact differently and there are more women in every position.  Rebecca is sitting there telling him that anytime an attractive woman talks to him, she is out to sleep with him and he cannot accept any help from them.  Did she once think how that could play out?

when Zied goes to the doctor, it could be a woman.  If he is referred to a specialist, it could be a woman.  The nurses and medical assistants....very likely women.  If he wants to start a business and gets free tax advice, can't be from an attractive woman?  It seems a horrible idea to even suggest that he shouldn't  take help from women, if he needs help he should take that help from any source and you should trust him not to cheat on you. 

I just can't with her.  SHE decided to go to a mixer her daughter was holding and then had the gall to get annoyed that she was the oldest person there, girl what?  Next time take him to Melanie's book club. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I think it's been a real awakening for him to learn that we do NOT think he's cute and adorable and that we think they're all fucking idiots. 

And idiots fucking. 

Brandon looks like one of those squeaky clean teenagers whose mother has to drive him to his Summer job at a theme park  

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 18
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I will never understand these people who...have little money yet think they have to have the big wedding. 

Thank the American bridal industry and its decades-long PR campaign to stigmatize any wedding that doesn't cost thousand$ of dollar$.

16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My mother always told me to be wary of the phrase "It'll get better when we're married," because it almost never ends up being true.

5 hours ago, RealReality said:

And finally, because it must be asked.....what the hell is with that bluetooth, is there some building material supply emergency line that he is on call for?  You don't look important, you look ridiculous with that thing in your ear.  

I forget what Mike does for a living, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't require him to be on call at 8 o'clock at night or whatever. He's just being a pretentious douche.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

The entire scenario was confusing.  They were talking about Julia being pregnant in the car, during the day, while driving on a highway.  Was there not a Walgreens, a CVS or even a Safeway or a Publix anywhere to buy a pregnancy test?Like even when they were talking about it at night, is there not a 24 hour pharmacy anywhere?  Why is this hard, are people not allowed to buy pregnancy tests in certain states?  Why would you wait until the next day after he got home from work? 

Don't tell anyone, but I hear Stephanie has an illness. 

Illness???

I am guessing Brandon didn't pick up the pg test the  day they were out driving cuz he needed to get some spending money from his mom first. 😆

I'm surprised no one mentioned Jovi's step dad gushing warmly over his son and embracing Jovi happily after the announcement and then just goes "you too" to Yara in a perfunctory second or two. It was kinda funny and awkward. Mom had a nice surprised & joyful warm reaction as far as 90 day Mom standards go. I liked her in that moment. Brava. 

Jovi has darkness to him though. There's some trauma there and I am guessing abandonment w his real dad. He drinks too much and his family and friends know he is quirky and and a bit of a fuck up as a pattern  but I think he has seen some stuff. Therapy !!!! 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

I wish we had met Sara, because on the one hand, Mike seems so honest and so certain that nothing happened.  And I believe that Natalie brings this up A LOT to try to justify her brand of crazy.  But Mike said something about how she has to like "leave that in the past" and I thought "gosh, if you didn't do anything wrong, why does she have to leave it in the past?"  I'm not sure if Mike is just saying this because she is so fixated on it and even though he didn't do anything, she won't believe him, so THATs what she has to get past it.  But it sounded a little like a line guys use when they don't really want to admit that they might have done something but they just want to sweep it under the rug.  But why would he call her from the girls house half stoned in his underwear?  That just doesn't seem like something a guy would do if he cheated.  

I think an arrogant fuck who was quite sure that his Ukrainian honey was desperate enough to get to the Holy Grail Mecca Emerald City Camelot of Sequim Washington would call her half naked and stoned from his "friend"'s house, to rub her face in it. I think we haven't met Sara because they did indeed smash it and she won't lie on TV for him. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Just so we're all on the same page, I think we all can agree that "youth serum" is really code for "speed ball" or "methamphetamine" right?

Because Stephani has managed to be both annoying and crazy with a side of low key racism and classism thrown in for good measure.  

Has Ryan ever stolen anything from her before?  Why would she assume that he stole her mother's ring?  Because he is poor, black and foreign, and with that mix he couldn't possibly NOT be an opportunistic thief?

I was pretty disgusted by how that played out and I don't feel a shred of sympathy for Stephani.  I hope she is taken for everything she is worth.  She doesn't miss a single opportunity to dangle her money over her boytoy.  She is another one who will proclaim that she is "in love" with Ryan when all she wants is someone she can buy. 

And her gravy train is quite expansive, when someone told me that some cabana boy was gonna get lucky by getting a few extra watches I thought it was funny, but thats literally what its going to be, she is going to go around trying to buy dick with adias slides.  And the sad part is, is there is such desperate poverty there that she could absolutely do it.  However, I suspect Maria is also on the Stephani gravy train and is making her mortgage payments off sucker Stephani.  

I'm also bothered by older white lady buying her black boyfriend and then throwing money in his face, thanking him for not stealing.  I definitely get an "ownership" vibe and it bothers me.  Then when it doesn't work out with him, she's going to dangle watches in front of the next younger black man.   

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 11