Type keyword(s) to search

Mythic Quest - General Discussion

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

I liked this episode. The casting of kid Poppy was spot on.

It's weird, but I think the best episodes, by far, are the standalones. The episode that featured the couple's relationship as they developed a game, the one that featured the backstory of F. Murray Abraham's character and this one.

• Like 5

The kid that played Poppy was incredible, spot on!

For most part of the episode, I was thinking the boy who was cast as little Ian was not doing a good job… and then the father appeared and I understood. Wow. Right in the feels. 

It was a sad, beautiful episode.

• Like 2

Great episode. Loved all the little details they put in, like lil’ Ian reading CW’s books and lil’ Poppy doing the “dinner party” hands. Casting was perfect too

Edited by TimothyQ
  • Like 3

So why would Playpen need 12 million people making games to be profitable? That doesn't make any sense. It's already mostly developed and doesn't need a massive server infrastructure. Also the writers know that Playpen is just Dreams and that Dreams exists, right?

I was not a big fan of this season. It didn't feel like there was any narrative progress. They even used the same "We are going to leave MQ and set up our own company!" that was the culmination of season 2.

I knew that BioWare was involved in the production of the show, but I really wasn't expecting the Dragon Age cameos. Have they done this in earlier episodes and I just missed it?

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought this was the weakest season but the scene of Ian and Poppy saying 'I love you' to each other pretty much fully made it for me lol.

I know, that was pretty great. But this was a strange season that really had no direction, no purpose. Nothing accomplished, nothing moved forward. It could be dying. Next season will be the one that kills it or revives it.

On 6/13/2021 at 7:22 PM, AnimeMania said:

You Can Now Read Mythic Quest‘s Faux Nebula Award-Winning Story, Tears of the Anaren

Tears of the Anaren by C.W. Longbottom (1973 Nebula Award-winning science-fiction and fantasy author and head writer of Mythic Quest.) This is the rough draft of the short story which includes the authors commentary that inspired two of the  books ("Inside the Caves of Beneroth" and "Tears of the Anaren") in C.W. Longbottom's soon to be completed Trilogy.

You can download for free the 28 page short story as an eBook from Apple Books and as a 48 minute audiobook read by the author C.W. Longbottom (F. Murray Abraham).

I had to read and re-read "Tears of the Anaren" a few times, because I initially mispronounced it in my head. . . 😜

F Murray Abraham- I know he's from a very different generation, but you would think he'd be smart enough to keep his mouth (or his hands) shut.  I am so disgusted with him, and I wonder if he was inappropriate on the white lotus.

Obviously, I respect the actress' privacy, but I wonder who he decided to target this time.

• Like 1
On 12/29/2022 at 10:17 PM, PurpleTentacle said:

Also the writers know that Playpen is just Dreams and that Dreams exists, right?

It's Roblox, which unlike Dreams isn't dying but going stronger than ever.

Just like Grouchy Goat is Goat Simulator, Mythic Quest is World of Warcraft, and some of Poppy's ideas echo Minecraft.

It's interested me how the writers do acknowledge IRL games, like when CW plays some of the most famous cut scenes for Rachel and they specifically name The Last of Us and so forth, but when it comes to the games the characters themselves develop, the obvious real-life inspirations are never named. But it's the writers' way of telling us that Poppy and Ian and Dana all have legit talent. Dana as the youngest, just starting out, gets linked to the unpolished indie hit that became a series, while Poppy and Ian are linked to some of the biggest games ever.

20 hours ago, Black Knight said:

It's Roblox, which unlike Dreams isn't dying but going stronger than ever.

In that respect it's both the same. Dreams is more sophisticated, Roblox more successfull.

My point still stands. This does exist in the real world and does not need a billion users to be profitable (although it doesn't hurt).